I am... an ox. What are you?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Scout

I am... an ox. What are you?

Post by Scout »

So.... just out of curiosity... a while ago Plant brought up the idea of having a zodiac thread, and as far as I recall, it never quite happened. Friday night at a Chinese buffet, the idea came back to me. Here it is:
http://member.newsguy.com/~twilight/ch.htm

Look up your sign, and if you really want to be specific, go to the bottom where it says 5 types of ..... (whatever you are) and look up your type.

Here's my general sign:
Intelligent and self-confident. Patient and methodical, helpful and hardworking. Although they might appear rigid and slow, a kind and active mind is beneath. A Natural born under works systematically, the Ox is responsible for family and believes in authority but is sometimes too stubborn and traditional.

The Ox or the Buffalo sign symbolizes prosperity through fortitude and hard work. A person born during this year will be dependable, calm and methodical. A patient and tireless worker, he sticks to routine and conventions. Although he is generally fair-minded and a good listener, it is difficult to make him change his views as he is stubborn and often has strong prejudices.

Still, because of his steady and trustworthy character, the Ox person will be entrusted with positions of authority and responsibility. He will not fall short where duty calls. As a matter of fact, he should be careful not to get carried away.
Strafe

Post by Strafe »

Dog

The martial strains have summoned me
To hear your sorrows,
Still your pain.
I am the protector of Justice;
Equality--my sole friend.
My vision never blurred by cowardice,
My soul never chained.
Life without honor
Is life in vain.

I am the Dog.

Now that's a cool passage!
Strafe. You're a dick. Ishin_ookami - Dec 1st 2003
dai-atlas2000
Protoform

Post by dai-atlas2000 »

I am rooster!:eyebrow:

oh...new faces!: :eyebrow: :glance: , when did these guys appears?!:eek:
Dai
(offical tea-boy and unofficial Alt ID of Snake)
RARRRR!!RR!!RRR!R!
Halfshell

Cock-a-doodle-whoooooooo!!!!

Post by Halfshell »

Metal Rooster.

Just don't tell Kayevcee...
Optimus'
Protoform

Post by Optimus' »

Wood Ox - 1865, 1925, 1985
This type of Ox is less rigid and at least conscious if not considerate of other people's emotions. He reacts more quickly than others of his sign and is likely to be more graceful socially. He will be admired for his integrity and ethics. He is fair and impartial although his lunar animal sign draws him toward conservatism. He understands and operates within a fixed social system and will be a much better showman than the Oxen of wealth elements.

Given the chance and motivation, he will embrace new and progressive views; he is less stubborn and able to concede to majority rule.

He could climb to great heights, amassing welath and achieving prominence, if he can succeed in founding and developing sizable industrial outfits. He has strong drive and will exploit his potentials to the maximum. He understands the importance of coexistence and will link his ambitions to a larger order of things. He is capable of teamwork and is likely to be corporate-minded.
I can only be nice to one person today.

TODAY IS NOT YOUR DAY.

Tomorrow doesn't look good either.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Fire Tiger:

This type of Tiger finds it difficult to contain his enthusiasm and boundless energy. He is always ready for action and for going from one place to another. Transient by nature, he is most concerned with the present. He is independent and unconventional, and his moves are hard to predict. The only thing one can be sure of is that when he acts, he will be dramatic and uninfluential. Fire makes him even more expressive than he already is. This Tiger never fails to impress anyone he is after or to transmit his electric vitality to any project he decides to undertake.

He seeks constantly to convert his nervous energy and inspirations into forceful action. At times, he is downright theatrical. Generous to the hilt, he will also display more leadership qualities than tigers of the other elements. To him, everything he does is worthwhile and imperative, so don't try to tell him otherwise. He is thoroughly optimistic soul and has no use for doomsday prophets.

Brilliantly commanding, imposing and open, the Fire Tiger is sensual and finds it hard ever to be impersonal about anything in his or her life.

Sounda kinda right I guess.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I'm a dog. That reminds me of my puppy. I miss her when I'm away at school.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

I am a dragon
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Poem:

Mine is the wisdom of the ages.
I hold the key to the mysteries of life.
Casting my seeds on fertile ground
I nurture them with constancy and purpose.
My sights are fixed.
My gaze unchanging.
Unyielding, inexorable and deep
I advance with steady, unslackened gait,
The solid earth beneath me.

I am the Snake.

Description:

Philosophical, wise , calm and understanding, though often fickle or self-indulgent. Elegant to the point of being ostentatious. Can behave selfishly if crossed. A Snake lady is also charming in personality and elegant in dress. She is receptive and a deep thinker and likes to judge by intuition. She is fortunate in wealth through her life.

Philosopher, theologian, political wizard, wily financier - the Snake person is the deepest thinker and enigma of the Chinese cycle. He is endowed with an inborn wisdom of his very own; a mystic in his own right. Graceful and soft-spoken, he loves good books, food, music, the theater; he will gravitate toward all the finer things in life. The most beautiful women and powerful men tend to be born under this sign. So if you are one of the Snake people, you are in good company.

A person of this sign generally relies on his own judgment and does not communicate well with others. He can deeply religious or psychic, or on the other hand, totally hedonistic. Either way, he trusts his own vibrations rather than outside advice. More often than not...he will be right.

Type--Fire Snake:

An intense and masterful snake. Active in mind and body, he performs energetically. Fire added to the already imposing Snake personality can give him great public appeal and charisma. He exudes confidence and the ability to lead. People will vote for this type of person if he chooses to go into politics.

Although he may hold open forums to solicit or assess the views of the majority, the Fire Snake is terribly suspicious by nature and has total faith only in himself. He is too quick to censure and to condemn. Sometimes he insulates himself with a close circle of friends and advisors, thereby isolating himself without knowing it. His strong, almost maniacal desire for fame, money and power will make him insist on concrete results. Persevering and uncompromising, he sets his sights on the highest goals and once he gets to the top, he will cling to power indefinitely.

The Fire Snake is the most sensual, fervent and jealous kind of Snake. He will display excessive love or hate and be very preoccupied with himself.

Yep, that's so definitely me...:D
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Iam Sheep
Lady Auros
Protoform

Post by Lady Auros »

I'm a Water Dog!! - 1922, 1982, 2042 (maybe that is why sir auros calls me a b*tch when he gets mad at me :eyebrow: ) ;)

An intuitive type of Dog, who will be difficult to lead astray. He could be very attractive and a striking beauty if a female.

Water gives him more reflective qualities and he will be sympathetic to the views of the opposite side. However, despite his pleasant personality and democratic stance, he does not establish very strong personal bonds to those close to him and is often too liberal where he should be more firm.

More easygoing than other Dogs, he will tend to be lenient with himself as well as with others, often indulging in self-gratification and adventurous sprees. But because his strong temperament will be toned down by the Water element, this Dog is able to contain his emotions to an admirable degree and will present a calm and charming exterior.

A good counselor, fair judge and legal-minded operator, the Water Dog will be fluid in expressing himself, using psychological approaches that are hard to refuse or refute. He is fated also to have a large circle of friends and his company will be much sought after.

:D
________
Zoloft lawsuit info
Jim

Post by Jim »

I'm a dog, w00t.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I got the same as Lady Auros.
Computron

Post by Computron »

oh crap I'm a metal Rooster, same as Brendocon :(

Metal Rooster - 1861, 1921, 1981
A practical, exacting and industrious type of Rooster with a flair for captivating others with his brilliant powers of deduction. Investigative, optimistic and idealistic, he will have a passionate attitude toward work.

Metal will make him opinionated and headstrong and he will have a strong need for importance and fame. He could be fastidious about his self-conceived image and cannot subscribe to the viewpoints of others readily. He has the gift of oratory, which he may use to drown out the voices of his opponents. Although he is factual and reasonable, he finds it hard to be totally impartial when his ego is directly challenged.

If he cannot relate well to others or make real efforts to compromise, his talents could be wasted and his genius will go a-begging. Over rationalizing and analyzing could be disastrous. When he is negative, he will even subject a blooming romance to a routine clinical examination. He should curb his urge to overkill.

The Metal Rooster could be inhibited with his emotions despite is outward bravado. He will insist on order in his life and will demand hygienic conditions or even sterile cleanliness in his surroundings.

But while this acquisitive Rooster is attracted to material wealth, he will also be concerned about social reforms. He will feel committed to extend his services and know-how to all humanity and will find fulfillment in solving social problems or instigating reforms for the advancement of mankind.

--Compy
I support a ban on powerposting
Getaway

Post by Getaway »

sodding metal rooster, why do I have to be the same as Compy and Brend, why couldn't I be at least a different kind of rooster.

Getaway the houdini of the transformers universe nobody can defeat him......except Rodimus Prime, Cyclonus, Starscream, Deathbringer, Thunderwing, Dreadwing........

"Run hot, but always keep your cool."
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Wood Rat - 1864, 1924, 1984
A progressive, success-oriented and very amicable type of Rat, he will try to explore everything and will find good use for almost anything he comes across. He has a very good comprehension of how the system works, and he can make it work for himself. He is farsighted and always concerned about finding out the whys and the wherefores. Although he is egotistic, he makes himself agreeable and is quite thoughtful of others because he seeks their admiration and approval.

He has his principles and knows what he wants. He is strict with priorities but he can be flexible in order to achieve his aims. He loves security and is always worried about his future, which is one reason why he works so hard.

Outwardly, he exudes self-confidence and know-how and is probably very professional about what he does and a good talker. He can promote ideas and projects capably and will have little difficulties in drumming up support for his ventures.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Brendocon
Metal Rooster.

Just don't tell Kayevcee...
Yeah, snap...

Metal Rooster - 1861, 1921, 1981
A practical, exacting and industrious type of Rooster with a flair for captivating others with his brilliant powers of deduction. Investigative, optimistic and idealistic, he will have a passionate attitude toward work.

Metal will make him opinionated and headstrong and he will have a strong need for importance and fame. He could be fastidious about his self-conceived image and cannot subscribe to the viewpoints of others readily. He has the gift of oratory, which he may use to drown out the voices of his opponents. Although he is factual and reasonable, he finds it hard to be totally impartial when his ego is directly challenged.

If he cannot relate well to others or make real efforts to compromise, his talents could be wasted and his genius will go a-begging. Over rationalizing and analyzing could be disastrous. When he is negative, he will even subject a blooming romance to a routine clinical examination. He should curb his urge to overkill.

The Metal Rooster could be inhibited with his emotions despite is outward bravado. He will insist on order in his life and will demand hygienic conditions or even sterile cleanliness in his surroundings.

But while this acquisitive Rooster is attracted to material wealth, he will also be concerned about social reforms. He will feel committed to extend his services and know-how to all humanity and will find fulfillment in solving social problems or instigating reforms for the advancement of mankind.

*edit*

'Sterile cleanliness'? WTF?!
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

I'm a water dog!!

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Water Dog - 1922, 1982, 2042
An intuitive type of Dog, who will be difficult to lead astray. He could be very attractive and a striking beauty if a female.

Water gives him more reflective qualities and he will be sympathetic to the views of the opposite side. However, despite his pleasant personality and democratic stance, he does not establish very strong personal bonds to those close to him and is often too liberal where he should be more firm.

More easygoing than other Dogs, he will tend to be lenient with himself as well as with others, often indulging in self-gratification and adventurous sprees. But because his strong temperament will be toned down by the Water element, this Dog is able to contain his emotions to an admirable degree and will present a calm and charming exterior.

A good counselor, fair judge and legal-minded operator, the Water Dog will be fluid in expressing himself, using psychological approaches that are hard to refuse or refute. He is fated also to have a large circle of friends and his company will be much sough after.

EDIT : Self gratification....dirty minded SOBs....:D :glance: :eyebrow:
The Green Knight

Post by The Green Knight »

To quote Merlin from Excalibur...

"Look into the eyes of the Dragon and despair..."
Sixshot

Post by Sixshot »

Water Boar - 1863, 1923, 1983
A persevering and diplomatic Boar with all the qualifications of an outstanding emissary. Perceptive at discovering people's hidden desires, he will be resourceful in bargaining with his opponents. Still Water makes him look for the best in others and he often refuses to believe their evil intents until the last moment. This type of Boar has a touching faith in hi beliefs and loved ones. A believer in miracles, he can be used by others if he is not careful.

The cordial, peaceful and earnest Water Boar will be a great party goer. He will stick scrupulously to the rules of the game, showing his goodwill by meeting others more than halfway.

Still true to his Boar nature, he will have his basic passions and outpourings of love. When he is negative, he can be preoccupied with sex, enjoyment of rich foods, excessive drinking or indulging in other expensive luxuries at the expense of others.
------------------------------------------------------------

Hee hee. Er, most of it is so wrong though. Stick to the rules? If it's easier to cheat, I probably will.

He was in a boy band!