[Original RPG] End Of Days: Chapter 1 - Out of Time (Earth)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Noktaraus gave one final flyby, as Predaking disengaged to his five smaller components. Quickwind kept on his wing, when the announcement from Prime went out to everyone.

"That's it, we've held out here as long as we can. Talis, follow me in. We're disengaging."

Wheeljack lowered his head slightly, looking at other Autobots making their way to the other giant city.

"Hold position," he whispered.

------------------
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Blaster heard primes order come through his comm-line and closed it looking at Apeface "I wanna take that city back and I'm gonna and not you or any decepticon can stop me not even Optimus". He stood up and kicked apeface's lifeless body walking in the direction of Jazz and Sunstreaker
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Whitespeed transformed to robot mode and landed from his long, arcing jump over the battlefield. He skidded to a halt right behind Prime, whipped out his twin laser rifles and said, "Get inside, Prime! I'll hold 'em off!"
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

"The Autobots are retreating... this changes everything." Hook said, rubbing his chin.

"Constructicons, spread out." Scrapper said. "There are much repairs to be made. I will stay here at the control center of Metrotitan, taking care of the final modifications."

Hook glanced at Scrapper. "If you need me, I'm at med bay. I vague that they need me to repair the wounded." Then Hook stepped out from the room and began walking towards the med bay.

After Long Haul, Scavenger, Mixmaster and Bonecrusher were given instructions by Scrapper, the four Constructicons left to do their work. Scrapper then began to work with the morphcore. Only his feet were visible as he had pulled himself under the large device that was part of the morphcore.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Overlord released the wave of energy in an instant. Powerful enough to melt almost anything, it collided with Jinrai's missile.

The explosion as the two forces collided was phenomenal. A bliding flash of light filled the sky, the shockwaves caused by it spreading out, knocking the Overlord back across the sky... beyond the horizon.

==

Soundwave stood in the stasis hangar. He examined the pod before him intently, as the data he had downloaded earlier from the room's control panels flashed in front of his eyes.

"Fascinating" his hand hovered above the acivation panel, but he withdrew it quickly. "No... not yet... I must be more certain."

He turned his head sharply as he heard an explosion outside. Hmmm. Scorponok should have returned from his jaunt by now. He patched a signal through to the Constructicons.

#Scrapper! This is Soundwave. Report status - has Scorponok's cargo been delivered yet?#

[This message has been edited by Brendocon (edited 11-07-2001).]
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"Negative, whitespeed... you're the one to get aboard!"

Prime suddenly spotted scorpinok returning to metroplex...

"NO! BY THE MATRIX! NO! ALL AUTOBOTS! EMERGENCY! BOARD THE MAXIMUS BATTLESHIP IMMEDIEATELY! I REPEAT CODE RED EMERGENCY! BOARD THE SHIP IMMEDIEATELY! If scorpinok has in his posession what I fear he has... we've got to get out of here. NOW!"

Jinrai managed to recover from the blast.. and opened fire on overlord as he retreated for grand maximus...

"this is far from over, mega and giga..."

"GRAND! Prepare for immedieate takeoff!"
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Whitespeed heeded Prime's order and rushed aboard the ship. He ran into Prowl and Pointblank and said, "Ain't that a bizitch, guys? When'd Prime decide that all we'd do is retreat? I hate running!"
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

Scrapper heard Soundwave's transmission and answered to his question, still making adjustments to the morphcore which was still waiting for the transformation cog to be installed.

#Scrapper here Soundwave. The morph cog has not been brought to me yet but the morph core is now repaired. They just need to get that cog to me. What about Metrotitan's personality programming? Are you able to do it?#
Black_Scorponok

Post by Black_Scorponok »

Scorponok made his way to the Constructicons with Sixshot in tow.

Scorponok: "I think you will find that each of these should suit our purposes!"

Sixshot: "One contains the morphcore, the other contains a personality component that Galvatron selected for the Metrotitan project. It should work."

Scorponok: "Work with haste constructicons, and due try not to mix up the two boxes! We are making our way to our teams...hurry!"
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Talis turned about for the new battle-city ahead. Skywarp had broken off his attack--which while it meant no more assaults on Talis, Talis figured it was probably a better thing for Skywarp. Various Autobots were making their way to the city as well in time for take-off. Even Noktaraus and Quickwind were on their way in. Scatterbolt and Ignition were no where to be found--perhaps already on board the base.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

"Springer...Prime's calling a full retreat! He says all who disobey will be labelled traitors. What do we do?"

Roadbuster cried to Springer as his sword sliced through a Decepticon.

Springer: "Roadbuster, I'm here to do a job, take back Autobot City at any cost, traitor or not, I'm taking my home back"

Sideswipe: "but Prime said to retreat, he sounded it for a reason, and for Prime to do that, it must be a good one"

Springer paused for a moment then fired several shots towards a group on rushing Decepticons.

Springer: "I ain't going no-where"

Cyclonus began counting down in his head.

10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1... he waited a moment what, what happened to the explosion I had rigged...

Cyclonus' lapse in concentration allowed Swoop to fire off two missles that made full contact with the rear of Cyclonus.

"MISERABLE AUTOBOT" Cyclonus cried as he heard Galvatron's transmission over the comm.

He broke from his course going into a freefall dive throwing Swoop off his trail and heading towards Gigatron's position.

Grimlock snarled.

"Miserable Predacon scum run away, they scared of Dinobots, or maybe they have something planned that we not know about."

Predaking seemed not to care much about fight, Decepticons don't run from fight unless they have an unseen advantage, Galvatron not stupid like Megatron, Galvatron call his troops back for a reason, must be a good one

"Dinobots fall back, Galvatron planning something.....big"
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Grand looked over his shoulder at God Jinrai, letting a light smile escape his hidden lips.

"I never thought I'd be happy to hear that!"

He glanced back at the system of monitors at the front of the bridge, watching Autobots scramble toward the ship from all directions.

Hurry...

Gigatron listened to Galvatron's words as he dodged another blast from the cannons atop Maximus.

"Another day, Autobot! Another day you die!"

He cut abruptly starboard, returning to the city.

Roadbuster stood confused for another moment, then instinctively returned to combat. He mumbled under his breath.

"Prime did call the retreat, but I'd rather Prime call me a traitor than Springer call me a coward. After all..."

He stopped, fired a shrapnel-missile from his shoulder cannon, and returned his voice to full volume.

"How could I live as Roadbuster, the non-Wrecker?"
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Jazz and Sunstreaker drove in Primes direction Jazz spoke up first "I wonder what Blasters plannin" Sunstreaker pulled off ahead of hims "Who cares aslong as he comes back in one peice"

(Flec: Sig removal.)

[This message has been edited by Reflector (edited 11-07-2001).]
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Soundwave received Scrapper's reply. He sighed.

He ran a hand over the glass of the stasis pod. "Ah well, my beauty... needs must when Galvatron drives. You can wait a bit longer... it's not as if you'd notice another few hours..."

He stepped outside the chamber, and sealed the door behind him, pausing only to encrypt the lock. "Can't be too careful, now can we?"

He began the trek back to the control centre.

==
(80 miles away)

Bludgeon stopped. He stood perfectly still, and gazed into the distance.

Frenzy noticed. "Er... Rav. He's off on one again."

Ravage turned to speak, but stopped short. Something else had caught his attention. A sound in the distance. He turned his head in the direction of the noise, and noticed that it was the same direction Bludgeon was staring into.

The Pretender listened intently. "Something large, headed this way. Airborne. It will land..." he pointed with his sword "There!"

Frenzy watched as Bludgeon darted off into the distance. "Core of Unicron... the guy's a loon." He followed, naturally, as Ravage was doing so, with Rumble's body dragging on the ground behind him.
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

Scrapper took the transformation cog out of the other box, glaring angrily at the arrogant Decepticon sub-commander. Scrapper's face was protected by faceplate and visor, thus preventing Scorponok to see his emotions.

"Just leave me alone Scorponok. I don't need you to bark orders to me. I have work to do." He spitted out and turned towards the transformation equipment which only needed the morph cog.

Gently Scrapper placed the cog in to the slot where it belonged. He carefully made some adjustments to it and turned on the stabilation field around the cog. The device began to hum silently. It is working...

Then Scrapper took the personality component and inserted it to Metrotitan's main CPU's interface. There... If this goliath doesn't start moving after I pull the powerlever... it is because of lack of energon... he thought.

The Constructicon engineer proceeded to do final test scans to Metrotitan's system. Everything work just fine. Then Scrapper placed his hand on the the power switch of Metrotitan's main CPU and and pulled it.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Quick Switch, in robot mode, nodded at Wheeljack's request to hold position.

"No problem, Wheeljack," he replied softly.

The Hexa Changer narrowed his optics as he watched the Decepticon activity nearby.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

The darkness surrounded, oppressing, threatening, consuming.

The silence was deafening, mind splitting, swallowing.

It lasted an eternity.

Then, light. A tiny point of light in the distance. It grew, getting closer. A small blue ball of energy. Pulsating with life. Electrons encircled its crackling surface.

It grew. It consumed the darkness, filling the recesses and corners, purging the blackness. Then, it vanished.

Then, he heard. A faint murmur at first. Gradually it built up, growing steadily louder. A constant noise. A cacophany of aural insanity.

He could distinguish every detail of it. Every whispered confession, every clank of loose plating. Every footstep.

Then, he felt the footsteps as he heard them. He felt every lift and clang, every scrape and buckle upon his metallic structure. And it filled him with pain.

He tried to see what was paining him, but the blackness remained.

Instinctively, he tried to move - to lash out at the irritations, akin to flies walking on bare skin. He could not move.

He screamed. A long, agonised, painful scream from the heart of his very soul.

No sound was made.

The pain and frustration tore through his system. He screamed again, and this time the only sound he heard was the echo of his agony, reverberating around his mind, drowning out all other noise, filling his mind with his pain and grief.

He was awake. He was alive. He was angry.

He was Metrotitan.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

"Now!"

Wheeljack opened the panel on top of the casing in front of him. The monitor lit up as multiple readouts filled themselves in. When the screen showed a representation of a face, Wheeljack jammed down on the large red button bottom-center of the mini-console.

The readouts went wild as Metroplex's consciousness within the large case came to full. The spectrum-pulses were sent from the case to the seiged city that was his body. His systems quickly realized a lack of energy, a tertiary personality program installed and encrypted, most his weapon systems off-line and a functioning but altered transformation cog. There were also multiple individuals within his construct walking around various corridors. His internal defense mechanisms had been deactivated or destroyed on all his main levels and decks.

Metroplex ignored the personality program, as his own was of immediate dominance to the construct. A quick pulse was sent to a dormant section of his city-mode, tapping into an emergency reserve energon source. After a few moments, the city construct began its slow transformation to robot mode.

Then, the limbs moved. The cranium looked down and around at the Decepticons, of which were obviously waiting for the captured city to attack the Autobots retreating.

It did no such thing. Metroplex transmitted to its right leg, raising it off the ground and stomping down on three Decepticons unprepared for the sudden change in tactics. Most of Metroplex's weapons were already knocked out, and only certain robot-specific firearms were in activation. Metroplex used them on the Decepticons, identifying them quickly.

"It's working," Wheeljack said. "Metroplex's consciousness is within range of his body...he's takin' control again."

"Can it override any sort of programming the Decepticons create for it?" Hound asked.

"So long as there was no specific lock-down program for Metroplex's core neuranet. Which we took with us. Meanin' they wouldn't have had a template to make a program block. Metroplex would be the dominant mind." Wheeljack tapped his comm. "We've got control again, if the Autobots are goin' to counterattack, now's the time!"

Noktaraus heard Wheeljack's signal, but his concerns kept him from responding right away. Optimus Prime was not answering his hails.

"Prime, I repeat, we have successfully regained control of Metroplex, but our time is limited! It'll be some time before they'll be able to scramble the spectrum-pulse itself, but they can still track it and find its source. They'll launch a strike for it, and it'll mean Metroplex won't be fighting on our side for much longer. This is it, Prime--this is what we were waiting for. This is what we were attempting to do. The time to attack is now!"

But no response came. No response ever came.

"Dammit!" Noktaraus growled.

"He's sticking to his guns this time," Quickwind added.

"Most of the Autobots are already on board," Talis clicked over the comm. "They aren't departing, my guess because the hatches are already sealed. What Autobots are still scattered about aren't going to be enough to wage a successful counterattack."

"Hey guys?" Hound's voice interrupted the frequency. "Hate to break up the conversation, but they're already sending out an intercept group. Coming right for us."

"We can't stay here for long," Wheeljack added.

Noktaraus made a quick look at the battlestation ahead. No Autobot even made a move of coming out. Around them, scattered defiant Autobots made for an approach against the city. But Talis was right, there weren't enough to successfully strike back.

"It's over," Noktaraus muttered. "Wheeljack, close shop and head in. It was a worthy effort. If only our support remained..."

"We'll give you air support getting out," Quickwind added. "We'll fly back far enough to cover you from the strike group."

"I'll post for defense at the front door," Talis added.

"That's it, we're headin' in." Wheeljack transformed to vehicle mode. "Hound, keep the case on you and let it transmit. We'll keep it goin' till we're out of range."

Hound transformed, letting the case he picked up land in his rear compartment. "All right, time to go!"

The trio put in full speed for the Maximus battlestation some ways up ahead.

As confused Decepticons scattered about, as Decepticon flyers avoided Metroplex swatting at them like flies, the giant robot city began to slow down. Its assaults began to pause constantly as the pulse signal of its computer brain left transmitting range. Then, like a still-living human writhing about while being turned to stone, Metroplex's limbs slowed to a freeze in a statue's-pose. Its optics died out as the signal lost all contact...

(ooc: btw, the 'reserve' source of energon should now be detectable by those inside Metrotitan, if not by Metro himself. You can have it so there's just enough to TF him back to city mode, and have him be RIGHT where he was before Wheeljack came in, or use it to your advantage. Been meaning to post this scene anyway, so I'm done with that much.)
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Prime's anger swelled... "it's happening... they've taken metroplex... " Prime stepped inside the doorway, allowing any stragglers to get aboard...

Jinrai could see others headed for grand maximus... "GET THE LEAD OUT FOLKS! KEEP METROPLEX'S PERSONALITY INTACT! WE CAN ALWAYS GET HIM A NEW BODY!!! "

His cannons roared to life, supplying coverfire for them as the interceptor squad approached them...

"let this be enough... GRAND! EMERGENCY TAKEOFF! COMMENCE IN T MINUS TEN SECONDS!"
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Grand heard the call.

Ten.

This was a bit close.

Nine.

Prime stepped back from the door.

Eight.

God Jinrai fired toward the Decepticon lines...

Seven.

...as a few last Autobots entered.

Six.

He didn't want to abandon Metroplex.

Five.

He had no choice.

Four.

God Jinrai entered.

Three.

The door raised, slammed, and sealed.

Two.

The engines lit up.

One.

The anti-grav generator came back to life.

"Blast off!"

Grand Maximus jerkily lifted a few feet off the ground, just enough to allow the gargantuan star cruiser to rocket over Metrotitan and away from the battle. The retreat had entered stage two.

Gigatron flew to a tower atop the city, transforming to robot mode. Secluded, he felt a strange sense of relaxation. Had he been human, he would have closed his eyes and taken a deep, nasal breath of Earthen air. It would have stunk of smoke and metal, but this was beauty to Gigatron.

His peace was disturbed as he heard engines roar from behind. His head slowly rotated one hundred twenty degrees to the left, but the source of the rumbling had already passed over by the time he had a clear view. With equal equanimity, he looked forward again to spot the Maximus battleship leaving the airspace of Decepticon City.

Good riddance...

Laboriously, Gigatron sauntered to the edge of the tower and operated the lift controls there, reentering himself to the city.

Reflector watched silently. They'd not been surprised that the Autobots had left (the whole counter-offensive was a doomed operation to begin with, after all), but they still had not spotted the transformation cog. As the ship left the scene, they transformed.

"Hold it," Viewfinder said abruptly. "Let's wait to look for it. Perhaps Scrapper got his makeshift cog to work."

Spectro nodded. Spyglass looked about contemptuously. Viewfinder dove off the roof.

Roadbuster watched the ship leave. He didn't like the idea of being stranded on Earth, but Springer's word was Wrecker creed.

"They're cuttin' out, Springer! Looks like we're on our own now. Not that that's entirely a bad thing..."

Roadbuster realized that Springer was not bothering to listen. He paused, shook it off, and returned to his combat.

"Wreck and rule!"