[Original RPG] Invasion Part 3: Change of Possession

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Hun-Grrr

Post by Hun-Grrr »

Stalker had predicted the blast from Jinrai. He grabbed Adeara and jumped out of the way of the huge blast from Ginrai's weapon, diving behind one of the sturdy walls of Metroplex. His power... This Autobot is not from this timeline...

Stalker reached the mind of the shapeshifter woman. **Adeara, hear me. I can sense that you possess somekind of a symbiote? Use it against that Autobot if can.**

Stalker reached out, launching couple of rockets towards Jinrai's head. Then he took cover again.

He turned to glare at Gigatron and spoke to him telepathically. **Gigatron that I knew would not stand there, letting his warriors fall before joining the battle himself.**

Trypticon continued observing the aproaching shuttle. I feel uneasy... maybe I'm just paranoid... it is a Decepticon shuttle afterall. Galvatron himself approved its landing. Why I'm even thinking about this? The only thing that can oppose me is Fortress Maximus. One of the scanners top of Trypticon's assembly flashed, sending a bright beam towards nearby hill. After the beam had hit its target the hill vanished. Yes... I have nothing to worry...

The Constructicons were examining the structucal damages in section Kilo-Twelve of level four.

Hook had a worried look on his face. "These damages a more severe than Soundwave said. It's a matter of time when that carrying wall will collapse."

Scrapper rubbed his chin. "Yes... better to start working before it is too late..."

[This message has been edited by Hun-Grrr (edited 10-13-2001).]
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Reflector felt a bit odd engaging in conversation as he displayed images, but Soundwave was right. Talk would speed the process.

"Very little, I'm afraid. I've hardly any more than a few images of him, as I was in Starscream's chest nearly the entire time I was in contact with him. I did hear Starscream and Optitron's men speaking outside the city prior to my capture. They seemed to place a great confidence in his powers. They may have been justified; he led quite an assault against the Autobots at Hoover Dam a few weeks ago. Of course, his strength seemed nothing in comparison to Galvatron's...Is everything in focus?"

Gigatron grinned as Stalker's message entered his mind. He wished to tell Stalker that he was being allowed to prove himself, but the noise of the battle would have swallowed vocal words. Gigatron contemplated.

Perhaps I had underestimated this Autobot. Though they deserve to die if they cannot defend themselves, we shall need every Decepticon alive shortly. Then, it is time I take matters upon myself.

Calmly and methodically, Gigatron connected his two swords. He stood in silence momentarily, then charged.

"Leave the weaklings, Autobot! Fight your superior!"

[This message has been edited by Reflector (edited 10-13-2001).]
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Jinrai barely got away from the oncomming rockets... and heard gigatron's challenge... "You want me, Purple and gruesome, Come get it!" Jinrai opened fire again on stalker and adera... muttering to himself.. "Come on grand... I can't hold out forever... " Gunfire errupted from across the room, shots flying toward thundercracker and skywarp... a huge rocket blew past jinrai headed for gigatron... "Well, friend... it seems you FORGOT about your PARTNER at hand!" Jinrai chuckled to himself... "It seems so, godbomber!" The duo went back to back, readying themselves... to blast their way out if necessary...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Soundwave smiled. "Everything is perfectly clear, thank you. So, Optitron has lead battles against the Autobots? He does not presume to hold any form of power does he? And what role does Starscream play in this?"

He stared at the images, smiling and thinking. It's definitely workable. In theory. However, if the information I plundered from Thundercracker's neuranet is correct, it could prove slightly problematic. I will need the Constructicons, but they are occupied... hmm, they number six. They can be split...

"Thank you, Reflector" Soundwave removed the disk "You may transform."

===
Slag. Slag slag slag. SLAG. I'm an IDIOT! Thundercracker couldn't move. Pinioned down by a huge pile of rubble. He couldn't see either. He could hear gunfire though.
Helpless. He was almost scared...
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Bombshell moved through Autobot City, hoping not to be noticed...
Dreadwing continued to fire at the Autobot Shuttle
Ramjet and Apeface continued to pin down Whitespeed.
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

Post by AngelOfDeath124 »

Grabbed by Stalker, Adeara heard his words in her mind. **Adeara, hear me. I can sense that you possess somekind of a symbiote? Use it against that Autobot if can.** Adeara laughed mentally. ~I guess you could call the firebird that. Its a mutual relationship....Now, lets see how Jinrai handles being roasted!~ While Jinrai was occupied by the newcommer, Adeara picked herself up, and stared at the autobot. Just as she was about to 'attack', another attack came from behind Skywarp. Growling to herself, she changed her focus to both of them. As Adeara focused, the internal tempuratures of bnoth autobots began to rise, at a very fast rate. If they didn't surrender soon, they'd melt from the inside out.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Jazz kept driving Blaster sending out the Signal for autobots to converge on his position "Hey Blaster Laser Fire that mean were close ta whitespeed" jazz said

"alright Time to beat some decepti-creeps" Blaster retorted
Jazz door opened and Blaster popped out transforming taking up position behind a rock
Jazz Transformed after wards quickley and popped behind a rock They looked at each other nodding.looking over the rock raising there laser rifles Blaster opened fire at APEFACE and Jazz firing at RAMJET

Blaster contacted Whitespeed "reienforcements have arrived"

[This message has been edited by Blaster_86 (edited 10-13-2001).]
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Gigatron batted the missile away in mid-stride.

"I shall not be defeated so easily, Autobots! The pleasure of destroying you will be mine!"

As Gigatron came within range of Jinrai and Godbomber, he took a swing at their waists.

Grand grew impatient.

"I've no time to wait! Here's hoping the Destrons did a shoddy job."

A series of button presses later, the entire arsenal of the Maximus battleship was online.

"Fire!"

And a horrendous barrage was unleashed on all nearby enemy weapon satellites.

Reflector shut off their lens, and transformed.

"I know no more about Optitron. Starscream's canopy is very well soundproofed...Anything else you need us for, Soundwave?"

[This message has been edited by Reflector (edited 10-13-2001).]
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

The duo could feel their internal circuitry starting to heat... and glanced at eachother... "Let's do it!" Godbomber burst apart, and reconfigured over jinrai's body, as the command armor component for god jinrai... " You've asked for it... Play with fire... you're gonna get BURNT! GOD FIRE GUTS!" The enormous cybertron became surrounded by a massive ball of flame... and charged the shapeshifter... he wasn't going down... if it meant the two were permanently fused, so be it... he was NOT going down without a fight!
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

The Autobot shuttle lurched from side to side, avoiding some hits from Dreadwing. Sideswipe aided in keeping the duo-jet busy, but the Decepticon-pair made it clear they were only interested in one target. Thinking quickly, Springer brought the shuttle about, oddly corkscrewing his way through a one hundred, eighty degree turnabout. Dreadwing poured out a few more hits, then shot by. The turrets clawed at the Decepticon ship, scoring random hits.

"We need a better plan than this, it's taking too much to knock that thing down!"

------------------
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Soundwave smiled. "I think that is all for the time being, Reflector. If you could merely convey a message to Galvatron for me - I don't seem to be able to raise a direct signal."

The three robots merely looked at him, waiting.

"Tell him that his plan is workable, based on overcoming the obvious hurdle. Also request that any capable engineering staff are to report to me when available."

====

Have to... get out It was no good. Thundercracker was stuck fast. He was left wandering what damage he had sustained in the avalanche, and what was happening outside the pile of debris that had replaced him in the battle. How many times had he tried to fire an incendiary blast to free himself? Too many times. His cannon must be offline was the only explanation. Normally he'd use a sonic blast to free himself, but after what happened the last time, he wasn't sure that the structures above him could take the strain.

Great. Stuck until somebody gets me out. He suddenly felt strange. Is it my imagination? Or is it getting rather warm?

[This message has been edited by Brendocon (edited 10-14-2001).]
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Reflector nodded...

"Sure thing, Soundwave."

..And headed back to Pri-- Galvatron's quarters.

Gigatron grew angry, as his swing sliced the empty air where the two had been.

"You dare ignore me?! When Gigatron challenges you, Autobot, nothing else in the universe matters!"

He held his sword over his shoulder, allowing one blade to be fired at Jinrai.

Another one down. The Decepticons' defense satellites continued to fall, but Maximus was still receiving fire.

This is taking too long. If Jinrai is on a Destron-controlled Earth...I must reach him at once!

Though still engaged in firefight, Grand's ship slowly began to descend on the planet. It would have been a suicidal run for most vessels...

If only the rest of the mission goes half as well.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

the blade came flying at jinrai... spinning, he grabbed it from the air... "Nice of you to offer even terms, destron... " Jinrai charged the destron, planning to give him what he wanted.. a fight...
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Suddenly, as one of the downed defense satellites began to burn up in Earth's atmosphere, a strange green particle-glow took shape where the satellite had once been in orbit. The green filled out into the shape of a new satellite, then solidified. The part of the defense field in that region reformed.

Self-replicating! Each defense satellite was being replaced by its neighbor, at such random locations that it couldn't have been from one master system. Could all the satellites do that?

The gap in the field in front of grand was closing fast as he descended--he didn't have much time to make it through...

Dreadwing took up a strike position directly behind the weaving Autobot shuttle, preparing for another hard blow...
Hun-Grrr

Post by Hun-Grrr »

Stalker cursed aloud. Jinrai had gotten so furious that he couldn't read the Autobots mind without concentration. So be it. If that Autobot wants to die, I'm more than willing to put him out of his misery.

As Jinrai turned to face Gigatron, Stalker jumped to the Autobot's back and took grip of Jinrai's neck. Then he placed his rocket launcher against Jinrai's head.

"Surrender." He hissed.

Trypticon's radars spotted another unknown vessel approaching. This one had attacked the defence satellites. It was a hostile, Trypticon was sure of it. The giant Decepticon activated his transformation sequence, transforming into his battlestation mode. It seems that I can get some target practice...

Several missilelaunchers took aim to Grand and opened fire. At the same time Trypticon began to prepare his destructo beam cannons for action.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Suddenly, Dreadwing took a hard blast to its back, causing the ship to jolt into a chaotic rolling-rocking pattern. A Moment later, a rain of blasterfire pummeled at the ship at all points above. Dreadwing pulled hard to starboard and fired its jets to full in order to avoid the rest of the assault. It didn’t succeed as well as it’d hoped, and the barrage followed its tail until Tal’Noktaraus flew past its stern from above at a high speed. A second and third ship passed close to its port and starboard sides, the wash of their jets’ wakes slapping the Decepticon’s sides like ocean currents impacting at the sides of a sea-going vessel. The wash did nothing more than move the Joined off course by a mere meter at most as it rolled the other direction to chase one of the new targets down. As its roll brought it level with the ground floor, a fourth ship pulled up hard from it’s dive-bomb approach and flew straight overheard and forward, when a fifth took one final shot at Dreadwing’s rear side. The blast was enough to mess up the Decepticon’s aim as he was firing at the newly-visible fourth ship in front of him.

Everything happened within the time span of three-point-nine-one seconds.

With that distraction, all five assailants peeled off and prepared for another run.

“Where’d they come from?” Hound looked through one of the monitors at the action. The streaks of ships flew over and past Dreadwing at such an accelerated rate that it was almost impossible to make out any noteworthy forms.

Almost.

“What the hell is Noktaraus doin’ out here?” Wheeljack asked bluntly.

“For that matter,” Springer chimed in, “Why are Shatterbolt and Ignition with him?”

“And those other two,” Hound said, finally recognizing the others in the group of five. “All five of which had been on their way to Cybertron. They’re ALL not supposed to be here.”

“That’s something we’ll have to ask ‘em about once we get the chance,” Wheeljack answered as he continued firing at the Decepticon ship behind them. “Right now, who cares so long as they’re assistin’ us!”

Noktaraus called the group back into formation; Quickwind and Talis off his port, Shatterbolt and Ignition to starboard.

"All right," Noktaraus began, "we made it past on attack, and you saw how well Dreadwing held up. Keep on him until he splits up, then initiate attack pattern: Gamma-three."

"Sounds like fun!" Ignition chimed in. "Can't wait to really give it to 'em!"

"Initiate break-up pattern: Delta, and reform back up on my wing--we're taking this one down!"

------------------
------------------
------------------
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

"Blast!"

Grand had not anticipated that the satellites would be capable of replacing themselves. He knew that time was limited, and pushed up his engine output to maximum. It was a dangerous gambit, being so close to a gravitational force, but he had no choice.

I'm not going to make it.

The hole was shrinking.

He was beyond their fire, but not through.

Too small.

The klaxons began ringing when he came within range.

I'm not going to...

Grand closed his eyes as a series of explosions erupted at the ship's bow. This was it...

Nothing. Slowly, one eye opened again. He still existed? But, what had happened to the satellites?

"Dinosaurer? I thought he was smaller..."

Grand contemplated thanking the enemy for saving his life, but he knew the favor would not be granted twice. Now safely through the defense net, Grand selected his new target, Trypticon, and opened fire.

Gigatron scowled.

"Stalker, stand down. This Autobot is far too powerful for you to handle. I shall deal with him."

Gigatron reloaded his missing blade and prepared to strike.

Reflector entered Galvatron's quarters again, this time more leisurely than the first. They made certain to take their time, as they knew Galvatron would put them on energon duty as soon as their message was delivered.

"Hm..."

Galvatron was not there. It was strange, being that he had not yet left his quarters since his conquest of Metroplex.

"What do we do?" Spectro asked, turning to his brothers.

"In the mood to haul something heavy?" Spyglass retorted sarcastically. Spectro shook his head slowly. "Then we wait here."
One Winged Angel
Protoform

Post by One Winged Angel »

Bumblebee and Athena arive on Earth. To their surprise Autobot City is crawling with Decepticons. "Athena, how will we ever repair Kup with all these Decepticons around?" "I don't know but..." Just then a stray laser went right passed Athena's head.

"We have to leave it's not safe here!" "What about Kup?" "I'm more worried about us right now!" "Bumblebee, without Kup we don't stand a chance!" "Then we'll have to sneak him into one of the repair rooms."
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Ramjet and Apeface ran behind the cover of a nearby rock.

"That stupid Autobot got himself some backup", said Ramjet

"Time we got some of our own", said Apeface.

"Right." Ramjet opened up a general communications link to the city.

"Attention all Decepticons! Autobots attempting to break into city. Request backup at city enterance."
Dreadwing attempted to get a lock on the ships, but they were moving too fast.
"Blasted ships!" he yelled. "go away!"
One Winged Angel
Protoform

Post by One Winged Angel »

"Did you hear that,Athena?" "Hear what?"
"I thought I heard someone talking..."