[Original RPG] Invasion Part 2: Hostile Intentions

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

Post by AngelOfDeath124 »

Hearing Galvatron's orders over the PA system, Adeara headed back into Autobot City to follow through on said orders......
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Soundwave knew his task was done. He also knew that when it came to one portion, he had failed.

Upon transforming back to his robot mode, he was greeted by Thundercracker, standing nose to nose with him. Soundwave did not move, he did not twitch, he didn't even try to discover what Thundercracker was thinking.

They stared at each other for what felt like an eternity. Then, Thundercracker grinned, and put his hand on Soundwave's shoulder.

"Nice one Soundy. C'mon - the boss wants to see us."

And on that, the pair marched off in the direction of Prime's quarters, following Soundwave's assimilated map.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Galvatron marched triumphantly down the halls of Metroplex, with Gigatron in tow. They examined each door upon passing. This was the officers' sector. This one on the left was Kup's. On the right, Blaster. Then a closet. Again on the left, Grimlock. Of course, each room was empty by this point. Galvatron grinned as they passed Ultra Magnus' room.

My, what I'd give to see that look on his face again. I do hope Skywarp did well...

The Decepticon Matrix was radiating, giving Galvatron an inflated feeling which was as much physical as it was mental. For the first time in ten years, victory. They reached the end of the hall, which had a pair of doors considerably larger and more extravagant than the others embedded in it. Galvatron and Gigatron stopped, and read the words on it simultaneously.

"Optimus Prime."

They exchanged contentedly sinister grins. Gigatron threw the doors wide and pointed his open hand toward the room.

"After you."

Galvatron entered. An enormous Autobot symbol decorated the back wall. Hologram frames littered the others, containing pictures of Optimus with dear friends: Alpha Trion, Ultra Magnus, Hot Rod, Ironhide, Elita One, Spike and Daniel...too many to be rationally counted. The room was rather pristine, almost dusty, giving the effect that Optimus had little use for it. A workstation in the shape of an Autobot symbol sat near the center of the room, facing the door. Like everything else, it looked as though its former owner had never even bothered turning it on.

"Must do something about that," Galvatron mumbled almost disgustedly, scowling at the back wall. He stretched nonchalantly, then pulled the chair back from the workstation and flopped down in it. It squeaked a bit, its pivots still tight.

"Gigatron, Ultra Magnus' room shall be yours when we have secured the city. Now, go out and lead the extermination squad. When your task is done, gather the Decepticons in the briefing room and report back here...Metroplex does have a briefing room, yes?"

Gigatron nodded. "I'm sure. Thank you, Galvatron."

Gigatron spun around silently and exited the room, closing the doors behind him as he did so. Galvatron, still inside, threw his feet up on the workstation and folded his hands behind his head.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Ramjet, Apeface, Darkwing, Dreadwind, and Battletrap, (who had rejoined his partners) wandered through Metroplex. They couldn't help but be glad that they switched over to Galvatron's side. If they had decided to continue to follow Optitron, they could have been slag metal by now. Entering the living area of Metroplex, they started wandering into quarters until they saw one name that particulary interested them.

"Optimus Prime"

"I wonder what he has in there?", said Battletrap.

"Well, let's find out", said Ramjet, walking up to the door and opening it.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Thundercracker and Soundwave marched down the corridors, not a word exchanged between the two of them. Though for different reasons.

Thundercracker was deliberately avoiding talk, as he knew the subject would inevitably drift onto the bomb that exploded. He didn't blame Soundwave. He knew it was a miracle that they'd survived at all. He wasn't sure that his associate shared the view though...

Soundwave wouldn't have been able to describe his feeling if asked. It was a curious mix. He was, of course, guilty about the bomb he'd missed, but at the same time felt no worry... as if it had been fated that the Autobot's selfish plans of all-or-nothing warfare would succeed in part. But he also felt an overwhelming sense of insecurity. The last actions he had any control over were five years ago, prior his capture. He had then been placed in cold storage. The cryo-pods were prototypes, of course. They didn't fully freeze time for the inhabitant, they merely slowed it down. Five years locked in stasis, where every passing cycle lasts an orn. He imagined that the Pit must have been similar. Still, plenty of time for thought. Then, with little warning, as his systems were on the verge of collapse in an attempt to save him from a moment's circuitburn dragged into an eternity, he was freed.
Next he knew he had garnered second (or third) hand information direct from Thundercracker's neuranet, regarding the situation. He was then thrust into a race against time to stop an exploding city. Enough to phase anybody he mused.

Soundwave couldn't help being drawn on two things however. He could answer the first with a simple mindsweep of the area - he knew that the Autobots had taken a stasis pod, and he knew it contained the manta ray, leaving the crab behind.
The second issue was more complex. In scanning Thundercracker's mind, he had gathered information about time-fugitives. Ananchronisms - Transformers out of place in the scale of the universe. He couldn't help remembering Galvatron's appearance in 1986, Ravage's account of Shockwave's insanity and the Time Wars, and of course his own experiences in 2008... the end of his reign in control of the Decepticons.

Thundercracker was desperate to keep silent.
What Soundwave would have given for idle banter to keep his mind off what may happen...
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Galvatron threw his legs off the workstation in a rather shocked manner, almost as though he were embarrassed to be caught sitting as he was. He watched the door swing open. As Darkwing, Dreadwind, Battletrap, Apeface, and Ramjet stepped through, Galvatron scowled.

"You five? What is it you want? Be gone, before I change my decision to allow you to live!"

Gigatron walked down the corridor alone...somewhat. He'd been inspecting Silverbolt's quarters when Apeface and company had passed his location, so he hadn't the chance to intercept them. When he returned to the hall, Soundwave and Thundercracker were approaching. Both were silent; the latter looked a bit nervous. Gigatron shrugged them off and continued his work. His sensors rang as he opened the door to Perceptor's room. If a still camera had caught the next fifteen seconds of Gigatron's life on video, a viewer would have sworn it was a still frame. Motionless. Gigatron scanned the room, perhaps longer than he should have. Finally, he slowly and silently removed a sword from the back of his wing, aimed, and launched it across the room. A quick shriek, and an Autobot was dead. Gigatron reclaimed his life and walked over to the corpse, examining it. Not a big kill; just a Micromaster, the name of whom escaped him at the moment. Gigatron did not feel satisfied. Simple murder, particularly of those weaker than he, was just no fun. Regardless, he removed the sword from the Autobot's gut, sliced off his head, and tacked it to the door. He released and replaced the blade, leaving a bit of gothic art for his Decepticons. By the time he left the room, Soundwave and Thundercracker had passed. He continued on.

[This message has been edited by Reflector (edited 10-06-2001).]
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Galvatron notived that Thundercracker and Soundwave were doddling a bit.

Galvatron: "By the time you two get in here...nevermind...get over here you two!"

Galvatron stood up from Prime's desk and looked mockingly towards one of the awards the human's had given to his mortal enemy.

To Optimus Prime and his brave Autobot Warriors: For ending the reign of terror of the Decepticons once and for all, the people of Earth will forever be indebted to you.

Galvatron: "Rather ironic...would you not say? It appears that the Autobots received this award on this very day 8 years ago! HA! All too fitting that our victory occurs today then."

Galvatron walked towards his two warriors. He now radiated with a pride and confidence that had not been seen since the days of megatron. The world that the Autobot's had so selfishly kept from his...now belonged only to him. The victory was nearly as sweet as the day that Cybertron had fallen under his rule. Galvatron then turned to the pair.

Galvatron: "You have done well...you kept Metroplex together and now he is available to utilize in my plans! Soundwave...it is good to see you again old friend, though you seem a little worse for wear? I have a mission that you must carry out...are you up to it?"

With that Galvatron extended his hand to his oldest and most loyal warrior, then offered the other as well, which contained a detail of plans...

Galvatron: "Well old friend?"
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Soundwave was apprehensive. He was loyal to Galvatron over all others, not through trust - how anyone could trust such an unpredictable lunatic was beyond him - but through his nature: further advancement. Removing obstacles to power was so much simpler when you had the full support of the commander.

He couldn't help but wonder what the plan Galvatron spoke of was; he could tell that his leader was changed slightly by the presence of the Decepticon Matrix, but couldn't put a finger on the way. He looked down at Galvatron's hands, examining the datadisk, curious as to what plan was within it. Ridiculous concerns. He has always trusted me. Megatron trusted me implicitly. But as Galvatron...

He risked a mindscan, and was greeted with what he expected, the exact same foggy wall that had greeted him on first contact with Unicron's creation in 1986. But as Galvatron, his thoughts and motives are as mysterious as Unicron himself. To accept is to open myself up future betrayal, to decline is to authorise my own execution.

Soundwave extended his hand, and thus accepted his place back at the heart of Decepticon command.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

The fireball around him absorbed the blasts... as he collided with the massive citybot, he felt it... another master... was comming. This one with a very familiar energy signature... Jinrai broke off the attack, and charged back for metroplex... it was then he caught sight of the autobot shuttles rocketing skyward... "They've given up metroplex?!? NO! SLAG IT!" Jinrai disengaged the armor, went into rig mode, and burned rubber heading for metroplex...
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

THe five Decepticons, not willing to risk their sparks, ran down the hall as fast as they could.

Dreadwind slapped Ramjet across the face. "You idiot! you almost got us slagged!"

"Hey, how was I supposed to know Galvatron was in there!" Ramjet asked.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Thundercracker watched cautiously as Galvatron handed a diskette to Soundwave. That should be you, Thunders me boy. You destabilised the city, you forced your way in, you defrosted big blue. Not to worry, what do I care as long as I'm secure. AND outrank Starscream. He smiled. After today, that last one may actually come to fruition.

He stepped forward, dropped to one knee, and bowed in front of Galvatron. "I await your command, oh mighty Galvatron."
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Pointblank looked up from his position in the shuttle bay.

hmm...no Decpticon fire...they must've taken the city, darnit Prime, why couldn't you have gotten here...

He stood and surveyed the area - nothing, quiet, desolate. He examined the scorch marks created by the shuttle as it left the bay, for no particular reason, he noticed scratch marks along the floor, as if it were created by a large object being dragged.

they actually managed to rescue a stasis pod?

Peacemaker lept out of Pointblank's hand and transformed.

"Shouldn't we be getting out of here, this place is bound to be crawling with Decepticons now, and with no plan, or hope, we've gotta get out of here"

Peacemaker's words struck a chord within Pointblank,
"You're right, there's nothing we can do here, let's go.."
Pointblank let out a small sigh and transformed, Peacemaker followed suit transforming back to his weapon mode, and combining with Pointblank. He performed one last systems check and drove out of the shuttle bay.
In the distance he spotted the shuttle.

"well, best to follow it I guess..."
Skywarp realised that there had only been one explosion, he turned back and began to fly back to Autobot City.

Magnus is going to pay for that trick, he will pay dearly for making a mockery of me

Skywarp teleported back to the city, where he had initiated the first strike at Galvatron's command, he entered through the ruined main entrance and walked through the main hallway.

Decorated with Autobot memorabilia, statues of past heroes, such trinkets are worthless, and thusly will be destroyed

Skywarp raised his arm cannons and began to destroy the statues which adorned the hall.

hmm....this grows tiresome

He continued to walk down the hallway towards the command center
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Blaster and jazz had got off the shuttle the only ones willing to take the risk they were about two miles away from Autobot city blaster was in ghetto-blaster sending a signal at a frequency only autbots can pick up
"YO ANY AUTOBOT THAT HEARS THIS. THIS IS BLASTER BLASTIN AT YA ME AND JAZZ ARE TWO MILES NORTH OF AUTOBOT CITY MEET US HERE IF YOUR WILLING TO THROW EVERYTHING ON THE LINE AND FIGHT BACK"

Jazz looked at Blaster "If it's just you and me Blaster it's been nice knowen ya buddy"

"you to jazz but etleast were going down in style"
Black_Scorponok

Post by Black_Scorponok »

Sixshot and Scorponok entered the main hall where more symbols of Autobot heroism surrounded them. The Predacons were off somewhere wrecking things.

Scorponok: "Such simple creatures the Predacons are aren't they?"

Sixshot: "Can you blame them? Senseless destruction is my personal favorite spectator sport."

Scorponok laughed as the two made their way to Galvatron's new office. He thought back to the days of fighting on Cybertron, about the day he turned over his position as a warlord...about his quest to eradicate autobots and about his old friend Bludgeon...who had been lost for so long. He had never served under Galvatron in such a stable condition. Once he had sought only to usurp his leader...now he sought only to conquer by his side.

Sixshot meanwhile had always been loyal to Galvatron. He sought only conquest and destruction to the Autobots. Megatron had provided this first...and Galvatron continued the mantle. Sixshot had always been treated well and rewarded for his service.

The two arrived in Galvatron's quarters.

Scorponok: "My lord...the city is ours. Thundercracker, you did quite well. Seems you have an eye on becoming the new air commander, eh?"

Sixshot: "Lord Galvatron, what are our orders?"
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

Entering the almost deserted city, Adeara drew the Laser-light sword she was trained with from almost infancy. Beheading nameless Autobots as she walked towards the main hall, Adeara sighed, actually bored! By the Creator, I've never been so bored. I had more fun when I was dodging asteroids made from my destroyed planet 50 or so turns ago! What has happened since then? Has my life actually gone downhill this quickly? Entering the main hall, Adeara saw that purple jet. Remembering his name from one of Galvatron's transmissions, Skywarp, Adeara simply watched as he destroyed statues. Speaking up, she said, "You know, though those statues are rather....disgusting, you could simply melt them down to made into good statues proclaiming the glory of Galvatron and the Decepticons." She walked towards him as she spoke, still in her Decepticon form.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Wheeljack had been at work on repairing some of the damage to his torn arm. The portions below the elbow were a mass of metal and wiring. He worked around the elbow joint, removing ruined portions of armor and connecting wires. Eventually he'd be able to replace the lower part of the limb, but right now he simply wanted to get rid of the mess.

"Blaster gotten anything from the other Autobots?" Wheeljack finally spoke up.

"Nothing yet," Hound answered. He's still repeating the signal. If he doesn't get a responce in four more cycles, we'll call him back and move on." Absently, the scout pressed a few keys on the console. He'd been at the job of pulse-scanning the area for a while now; resetting for new scans was becoming routine. "I thought it was bad enough that the Decepticons had taken Autobot city. I don't understand how they grabbed hold of Earth!"

"We got laxed," Sideswipe muttered. "We figured the war was over, that no Decepticon still out there would bother attacking again. We let them come in."

"No one was expecting an attack," Wheeljack assured him.

"That's the point, isn't it?" Sideswipe retorted.

"He's right," Hound added. "You can never rest with the Decepticons. Somehow we thought we could. How long have we been fighting them now? How long did this victory last? Hell, we've had truces last longer than 8 Earth years. And what happens, the Decepticons break them. Back at war we go. Victories we thought were the end of things turned out to be minor, and back at war we go. Every time, it's the same. Why in the Heart of the Inferno did we think now would be different?"
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Sunstreaker sat beside his brother.
"even if we were ready the decepticons had it planned obviously and we were at suprise what could we have done."

"Only a little bit longer then we move in and take out the decepti-trash" Jazz said.

Blaster fnished sending the signal again and spoke "It's gonna be a bang" he laughed.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Jinrai arrived at the entrance to metroplex... slowing down, he scanned for decepticons... finding none nearby, he transformed, and slowly edged his way inside... it was then he spotted skywarp and that nameless shapeshifter he'd seen, destroying the monuments errected in the names of many of the fallen autobots... and many of those still alive... the act sickened him to no end... but two against one... a shape-shifter and a teleporter against one wielding the masterforce... well... maybe he COULD deal with them... but he wouldn't risk it...just yet.
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

Suddenly, Adeara spun around, sensing someone watching her. Barely catching his thoughts, she cursed silently. Knowing the watcher was an Autobot, she turned her head slightly towards Skywarp. "I think we got company."
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Thundercracker remained bowed, but turned his head to face Scorponok.

"Mine is but to serve our commander. You would do well to think the same. The rewards of power fall to those who deserve them." and Starscream he mentally added. "Remind me, Scorponok - were you invited into Galvatron's domain, or are you merely gatecrashing?"