World events are doing wonders for my mental health

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

World events are doing wonders for my mental health

Post by Sades »

Because I am well-known for being fantastically stable, otherwise.

Good lord do I miss this place being full of people. We should stop banning the bots and pretend we like them, and keep engaging so they post more :swirly: :swirly:

Also my kid is old enough to find this place. Can I delete my old posts? She cannot know the cringe. She cannot. :glance:

HEY, YOU. STOP GETTING OLD.

... NO WAIT. I DIDN'T MEAN THAT.

GET OLD, OLD AS FUCKKK but with no cognitive decline. Live long and prosperrrrrrr

Speaking of which, while the Michael Burnham show possessed a few characters I did grow to like and had a couple of fun plot-lines, the seemingly almost singular focus of the show annoyed the shit out of me in the end.
Denyer

Re: World events are doing wonders for my mental health

Post by Denyer »

Thought that the first series was alright apart from needlessly complicating the Klingons, and comparable to if not more interesting than the Star Trek: Vanguard books, but gave up before the mirror universe arc in series two. I really hate alt-universe and time travel stuff unless it's playful ideas stuff like the Department of Temporal Investigations prose fiction.

Trek works best when it's hopeful and aspirational, and DS9 and VOY were as dark as I'm interested in it getting.

So I kind of am and am not looking forward to the war references in Lower Decks.
Sades

Post by Sades »

We haven't started Lower Decks yet, not sure if we're going to at this point. There's a bit of apathy, but also time/our work schedules mostly conflict and we'd both rather do diff things with free time in general so we haven't been watching a lot of shows together recently. I'm pretty sure we're not caught up with Discovery either but idk. I'm lukewarm about the series but still think Michelle Yeoh is a gem and should be in everything.

Voyager missed me when it was airing originally but we recently rewatched it (months ago now, may have mentioned at some point) and I think it's my current favourite.
Sades

Post by Sades »

(I was just looking at the forum and the kid, who is on a day off from school, came over and went "What is that?" I said "Just something". HELP )
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIrOGH3MUw0

As always people are generally welcome if they're smart enough to get through the registration questions and abide by the same verrry limited standards as everyone else.

Lower Decks is genuinely the best Trek I've seen in years, although Strange New Worlds seems decent from a few eps.

Also as always, not ignoring any particular things, just juggling a lot of them and I need to go and help clean a pet.
Sades

Post by Sades »

But of course. Was posted mostly to amuse myself (as with pretty much everything else)/shout into the void rather than talking to anyone in particular. :laugh: The acoustics in here must be fabulous after all.

(Text really doesn't come across as tongue in cheek as intended, does it, I just sound like an ass. Oh well. :laugh: Take this as "No worries, just being loud because it's quiet" )
Axe
Protoform

Post by Axe »

Peace!

Bismillah,

In the name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

I love you Sades. :)

It is so awesome!

Yeah it is! :)

It's so awesome that you and Hound got married!! :D

I love everyone here.

It's only natural that there might be increase or decrease in fovourite-ism. :)

I love you guys,

I love you guys for the sake of God!! :D

I was in middle school,

My second house:

I really, really miss that old house,

What a great feeling. :D

I love my life; thank you God! :D

Well,

In times of trouble:

it's this:

:( :(

What can I do?

I don't know. :(

Praise be to God; at least I have some plans!

We all need help. :(

God willing,

It's possible I might make a fascinating thread about science and time travel. :D

These two threads provide background:

Background for the main thread, but no,

I'm thinking of putting them inside the main thread.

Wait!

I want to write out my aims, God willing!

First, again -- acknowledgement:

I want to thank you again Sades, for writing about how it might be when your kid might view your posts in the future;

also for writing about the need for more members here! :D

My memory is weak, but possibly somewhere around 2015...

they announced marriage (including location)

Seeing Hound's location and your location, almost got me to post here. :D

Many times, Stephen Colbert provided me with ample stimulation,

I couldn't keep to a middle path... under-stimulated, I procrastinated too much! :sweatdrop

I wish I had done better. :(

I have been pressured in life to try to achieve,

But my mom is awesome to me. :D

I really, really need her,

umm... for everything!!

I really, really need her,

for knowledge, and advice and help for keeping to a middle path. :)

Video Games are awesome! :)

Brian Kibler (he's a Hearthstone champ); he says that one can remain young forever, playing video games! :D

Somehow, related to this and...

God willing, the thread also deals with (AVGN) James Rolfe's review of Back to the Future! :D :D

(thinking about threads to link inside that thread)

Let's see,

(The first thread might be)

Our dream professions thread (old thread);

(second thread, Sades' thread)

our thread about (an example of) our becoming parents, or other great dreams... umm, great dreams with regard to family.

(wanna mention a third thread)

Wait! I want to start with my post that talks about how our dreams might interact with reality!

Oh no!!

I'm weak... weak, confused, and sleepy... :(

I'm failing!

I'm failing?? :wtf:

I can't fail!! :eek:

Well, maybe it's okay,

give-up-er's time! :|

Wait!
Denyer wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:22 pm [...]alt-universe and time travel stuff[...]

Trek works best when it's hopeful and aspirational, [...]
Sades wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:44 pm But of course. Was posted mostly to amuse myself (as with pretty much everything else)/shout into the void rather than talking to anyone in particular. :laugh: The acoustics in here must be fabulous after all.

[...]
Acoustics?

How about mirrors?? :eek:

Tron!! :D

(I'm Asim)

next smiley: Yes, thinking of Hound. :D

Ready to re-double exertion Asim? :eyebrow:

Reply:

(the cover picture)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN_OJYby9n8

Oh! I haven't really thought about linking either thread, now that I have to stop here now.

Umm, let's forget the dreams one (the whole thread wasn't about dreams) and link the one about professions, God willing.

Peace

If you could be anything, what would you be?