Figures that could make a good Xaaron?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Denyer

Figures that could make a good Xaaron?

Post by Denyer »

Think this is the best I've seen to date (TR Perceptor and TR Swoop);

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthrea ... n?p=575748

Image Image

The chest keeps it simple enough.

The same guy used a Revoltech Megatron (presumably a KO) which if the head was switched isn't a bad fit either.

Can't find a cheap Percy right now and I don't know the non-homage lines (i.e. Unicron Trilogy etc) well enough to recall figures from those that might make a decent alternative.
Clay

Re: Figures that could make a good Xaaron?

Post by Clay »

Looking at the scan, his proportions/blocking seem roughly based on Optimus'. If you had a good way to smooth out the chest windows, maybe a Prime figure would be a good start?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Mmm, might work if it wasn't one of the iconic recognisable ones I suppose -- Megatron's the more obvious choice (and the Siege one is mostly bland enough) but both tend to have 'heroic' proportions with the chest/shoulders and be voyager or up in terms of size.

I think I'm just talking myself into waiting for a loose Percy since I've already got a Swoop head.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Honestly, wih the way Hasbro is going there's probably going to be an official option before we know it...

I know the original character model was Megatron with the serial numbers filed off, but TBH the first time I met the character (in the late run of the US Marvel book) my first thought was "Why is Kup yellow?" So I might go with a TR Kup with a different TR head (Swoop or maybe Misfire's or Doublecross's?) That Perceptor custom is pretty damned close, though. AND it has a clunky tank mode to never turn into!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Could happen, couldn't it? I mean they did Rung -- albeit as a targetmaster. Can't see Xaaron fitting into Earthrise but Hasbro isn't wedded to consistency, they're doing micromaster bases and citybot deluxe partners.

Swoop has the considerable selling point that he's spare, like having Loudmouth to make something out of the disappointing Getaway.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Rung, Impactor, Rack'n'Ruin, Macaddam...lots of comic-original characters are getting love recently. Straxus was a long time ago now but it's probably safe to say that Xaaron is the most prominent one left without a toy. Though I guess some youngsters would say Tarn or Pharma (and I'd be happy to see those guys too).
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Did a first few coats in snatches of time and am fairly happy even if it stays like that for ages. Vallejo yellow ochre is matte, has good coverage and dries to re-coat very quickly. I'm minded not to cut off the mount, it makes a nice minimal armament.

https://i.imgur.com/6WRGcHT.jpg

edit: Came across this nice one in gold and with some parts cut/shaved down or filled.

https://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/c ... 113826.php

https://i.imgur.com/PlY7rJv.jpg
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Neat! The TR Perceptor mould is a good fit for the wily old buzzard.