[G1 RPG] Terminus: The Tempest (Protihex), Part II

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Near the Constructicon Field Hospital

Fortress Maximus took to the air and shot towards Dark Fleet. The large Autobot held out in his photon rifle in front of him, while his arm-mounted batteries whirled loudly, charged to full capacity.

Shockwave raced alongside the Headmaster in his respective laser gun form.

As they drew upon the massive Imperial - whose size and appearance was not much unlike that of Tidal Wave - they unleashed a powerful and deadly combination of photon charges and electromagnetic blasts.

...And if they were unable to destroy Dark Fleet, at very least Shockwave and Fortress Maximus's assault would impede its movement and prevent its approach to the field hospital.

---

Constructicon Field Hospital

Perceptor nodded. "Oh, yes, of course. I shall keep a proverbial eye on all channels," he told Highbrow. "In the meantime, I know of a few people who might find this new-found knowledge intriguing."

The science officer then placed his finger to his audio receptor, opened a com channel, and waited for a reply.

Pointblank gave a quizzical expression. "Um -- Who are you calling?"

Perceptor looked back at him crossly. "Why, who else." He shook his head. "Honestly...."

Imperial Landing Zone

As the last remaining Demons scrambled away, Optimus Prime remained typically steadfast, his energon axes still deployed and waiting.

When it was clear that the golden creatures had dispelled - perhaps returning to whatever cage they were unleashed from - the Autobot Leader shifted his gaze down at Pyro, who had insisted on remaining at the Prime's side.

Optimus sighed. "Pyro -- you disobeyed me," he said. "But, thank you." His voice was kind, yet authoritative.

But, before he could gently berate the younger Autobot further, the Matrix-bearer was alerted to an incoming transmission. He disengaged his axes and took the call.

"Prime here."

"Optimus? Wonderful," Perceptor answered on the other line. "There is some information I wish to impart upon you, courtesy of myself, of course, and Highbrow. Information that I am transmitting to you now."

Prime stood silent as he processed the data that the science officer streamed directly to his CPU. It was a quick read -- a simple series of figures, the meaning of which the Autobot Leader understood.

"Coordinates?"

"Correct. And I strongly advise you make use of them. Quickly, before our elusive target relocates."

"Understood. Good work, Perceptor," he replied. "Carry on and inform me of any changes in his position -- And pass this information on to Prowl. Tell him that I want a unit on standby."

Optimus closed out his comlink and immediately looked to the landing zone, where his Autobots continued to repel the Imperial forces -- and where, nearby, an Omega Sentinel and Tidal Wave were clashing.

The same was no doubt happening throughout Protihex. The sounds and smells death and destruction was everywhere.

He fought the urge to join his Autobots -- his brothers and his friends. To be with them in their darkest hour.

"No -- This ends now," he whispered. "Pyro," Optimus then raised his voice. "Remain here and hold the line. Your comrades need you -- Do not follow me," he sternly added. "That is an order."

The Autobot Leader crouched down -- then quickly sprung back up, igniting the thrusters at his feet to shoot up into the air and bound across the battlefield.

(OOC: You know...like the Incredible Hulk. Ahem, what? :glance:)

---

With Tidal Wave sent crashing down into the ruins of the Imperial dropships, the Omega Sentinel advanced a few gigantic paces and pulled its claw back, readying to deliver the killing blow.

Naturally, the equally enormous Imperial retaliated, once more unleashing its 'Tsunami Blaster". It connected, burning clear through the Guardian Robot's right shoulder, tearing the giant cannon-arm from the Sentinel's body and bringing it heavily down into the ground.

Though it registered the damage it had sustained - which was notably severe - it was nonetheless unable to override its objective. In a swift motion, it drove its claw down with all its weight onto the fallen Tidal Wave...

---

Rotorstorm staved off stasis lock, if only for the sake of machismo and to save face. Bad Boy hurt him - he hurt him good.

...Still, he wasn't about to refuse Springer's assist either.

"Huh? Whu? Y-you were watchin' me?" he wearily answered. "That's pretty cool..."

He felt unconsciousness slipping in, but shook himself out of it. "It totally hurt, but I got 'im dead on -- right in his mug. You saw that, didn't ya? I think I did. I got 'im, didn't I?"
________

Southeast Border

As Omega Sentinel 02 continued to meet "Shock-Wave's" barrage with its own, Guzzle stood by, along with the other Autobots at the southeast border and watched the light show.

After all, what else could they do?

From the corner of his optic, Guzzle saw Volt eagerly unsheathe his sword and activate it. He chuckled. "Heh. And whaddaya think you're gonna do with that?"
_______

Manganese Mountains, Underground Base

Ratchet looked to the CR chambers that Brainstorm had indicated and nodded approvingly. "Mm-hm, we definitely have use for those."

"We could use the extra rations as well," Groove added.

The Steelhaven Captain's moved his optics to the terminal that Brainstorm had found, who was already typing away at it.

He frowned. "Mmm. Be careful. For all we know, the previous user might of set up a few surprises for us."

Ratchet moved closer and stood behind the chair facing the monitor. "So, any idea who did this?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Dark Fleet's distraction at Darkjet's group cost him. Fortress Maximus and Shockwave had mounted their attack against him.

While the Combaticons and Decepticons' firepower had been negligible, Shockwave and Maximus were serious threats.

Dark Fleet raised his arms, the large panels attached to them expanding slightly, and Maximus' photon charges slammed against them, creating tiny craters where they landed. Shockwave's electromagnetic blasts, likewise, melted off a chunk of Dark Fleet's arm shield.

The Combaticons' fire pinged off Dark Fleet's armour.

"Fleet."

Dark Fleet's shoulders cracked open, and two cannons similar to Tidal Wave's charged up and opened fire at the largest available target -- Fortress Maximus. Meanwhile, the anti-aircraft turrets began tracking Shockwave, Shuttle Gunner's group and the ground-bound Combaticons and opening fire.

"Target the cannons." Road Hugger told the Combaticons with him, rising his Scrapmaker and unleashing a stream of high-velocity slugs at Dark Fleet's cannons. "With guns that big, he doesn't need to reach the hospital to damage it."

"Run- he's shooting mortars at us!" Detour yelled. "Our guns are too little to do any damage."

Brawl and Hyperdrive aimed their respective weapons up at Dark Fleet, launching tank shells and RPGs at the giant, but they made even less of an impact compared to Fortress Maximus or Shockwave.

Imperial Landing Zone

Pyro looked up at Optimus Prime, part of him abashed by the fact that the Autobot leader had chided him, another part fiercely proud that he had stood and fought instead of running away.

"I can't let you fight those things alone, Optimus Prime." Pyro replied. "I mean, no one's doubting your strength. But I can't in good conscience watch as you fight overwhelming odds alone."

Prime then answered a call, and Pyro took the time to assess his multiple wounds. His battle platform was gone, and his back, chest and limbs all had pieces torn out.

But he can't look weak, not in front of Optimus.

Optimus then addressed him again, and he willed himself to stand even straighter, despite the pain. "Yes sir. I will hold the line."

Just like that, and Optimus Prime was gone, no doubt off to go and handle another crisis on the battlefield.

Without Optimus watching him, Pyro allowed himself to succumb to the pain and drop to his knees. Pyro reached out with his left hand and clutched his torn abdomen.

His vision became blurry.

No.

He could still fight, just a while longer.

Optimus Prime could, so could he.

Resolve and sheer will pushing him forward, Pyro stood up on one knee, forced his optics to focus, took aim and continued to fire upon the Imperials.

Just for a little while longer.

"Nigiri!" Drift yelled as he slashed through a Demon with a whirl of his three swords. Drift then landed on the ground and shrugged at the lack of enemies. "Electro, Boss, looks like the Demons have been driven off... in the general vicinity, at least."

"Oh, it's not like there is a shortage of targets. Look at those big giant things! Let us go!" Electro whooped as he transformed into his alternate mode, shooting off, ramming the Imperial ground troops nearby.

Drift looked at Boss, shrugged, and followed Electro.

"Tidal Wave."

The giant Imperial, like the Omega Sentinel, cared not for the damage he had wrought. He was not able to avoid the strike, not at that distance and at his position, and grunted as the Omega Sentinel's claw slammed onto the left side of his chest, tearing through his thick armour and into the circuits within.

"Tidal Wave-"

The behemoth growled as he registered the pain, but his Tsunami Blasters whined up and opened fire at the Omega Sentinel at their close range, whilst his good arm lashed out, grabbing the claw and forcing the Omega Sentinel to stay in place.

Springer nodded as he lowered Rotorstorm and himself gently to the ground near Artfire.

Springer smiled. Rotorstorm reminded him so much of Springer himself when he was younger. Idealistic, brash, brave...

"I was watching you, kid. You got him." Springer nodded. "With some training, you could be good Wrecker material, you know?"

Especially now that there was a vacancy in the wisecracking helicopter position, Springer told himself bitterly.

"Gotta go then." Once he was sure Rotorstorm was on solid ground, Springer sprung into the air, unsheathing his blade, hungry for more battle, to finish off more Imperials.

There were, thankfully, two large Imperials nearby, and Springer watched as one of the Seekers took out the ground underneath one of them. Springer landed on the ground and sprung up again, aimning after the other giant, Dreadwing, who was preoccupied with Skydive.

Springer braced himself, pulling out his sword, and with a loud cry slashed at the back of the Imperial's head, the strike taking off one of Dreadwing's horns, as well as delivering a gash onto one of the Imperial's shoulder cannons.

"You little Autobot worms!" Dreadwing snarled, spinning around to swat Springer away.

Springer had transformed in the meantime, shooting through the air, flying low. "Hi, Skydive. Bored of these bastards yet?" He asked. "Honestly, the stuff these idiots spout are all so identical- except Thunderwing, I suppose. He's more 'a god am I' than 'you are all inferior'."

Speaking of Thunderwing, where had he gone off to?

Optimus Prime. There. He's headed there. No doubt he knows where Thunderwing is.

Time to settle an old score...

Springer decided to go off after Prime, but before he could move in that direction, a blast of supercooled plasma from Dreadwing clipped the side of Springer's hull, freezing and cracking the armour.

Okay, Springer decided. One Imperial at a time.

Southeast Border

Shock-Wave growled as his giant cannons flipped up, and opened fire at Omega Sentinel 02, the smaller anti-aircraft cannons joining in and targeting the Sentinel's head, since the smaller Autobots seem content in not shooting him.

Volt looked at Guzzle and shrugged, "What, you're just going to stand there and do nothing? And this sword- well, it does more than just slice things."

Volt's sword crackled with electricity, and with a swung of his blade, the electricity lanced out at Shock-Wave, slamming against the giant Imperial and completely failing to make a scratch. (OOC: ridiculous I know, but a completely canon ability)

Volt snorted. "Huh. Wasn't quite the effect I was hoping for..."

Manganese Mountains, Underground Base

Brainstorm shrugged, and his eyes scanned down at a stream of data that poured across the screen. One particular strand caught his eye and Brainstorm chuckled.

"Ratchet, Groove- the previous user did set up traps here, but they are set not to bother Autobots. The one responsible for this is none other than our old colleague Springer. Guess guy wasn't taking a holiday when he went off to sulk."

Brainstorm can't honestly say he liked or hated Springer -- he's never met the Springer of this or his home dimension enough to develop any sort of attachment, but anyone providing them with free stuff, well, can't be that all bad.

"Could be worse. Could be 'Cons that discovered this base..."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

En route, Near The Lunatic Fringe

As he bound high across the now-abandoned Foothills, Optimus could still hear the battle being waged at the Imperial Landing Zone, now behind him -- along with his Autobots.

The guilt of doing so did not escape him.

He arched over several empty commercial buildings of the the old shopping district, before randomly landing atop one of them.

Moving over to the ledge, Prime looked out toward the border. Even from this distance he could see the perimeter wall that Prowl had established at the southwest border.

"Right under our very olfactories. Even the Matrix couldn't sense it until now."

The Autobot Leader referred to the coordinates that Perceptor had provided him on his in-built 'galactic position system'. Not that he needed to. He felt a tug at his core, growing stronger as he drew closer to his destination.

Optimus lowered his head and placed his hand to his chest. A warm, serene blue light slowly pulsated through the thin seams of his bust-plating. "Yes, it is familiar. But so very cold -- and dark," the Matrix-bearer silently mused.

He brought his back gaze to the horizon. "Right. The Lunatic Fringe, then."

Optimus then sprung off the rooftop and vaulted across the landscape below.

Detecting that he was being targeted by Darkfleet's weapons systems, Shockwave forced himself to halt midair an quickly convert to mechanoid form.

With mechanical accuracy, the former-Decepticon aimed and fired at one of the giant Imperial's turrets -- then with a slight, swift motion, he repositioned his arm and shot at another.

---

With ease, Fortress Maximus used the time it took Darkfleet to charge his shoulder-mounted cannons and pull himself straight up, soaring safely over the the Imperials powerful discharges.

He flew higher, elevating himself above his gigantic opponent.

Fortress Maximus stopped, magnetized his photon rifle to his back and retrieved his master sword, folded up in his leg-side compartment. With a flick, the blade automatically extended to its full length.

The large Autobot took hold of the hilt with both hands, inverting his brand so the tip pointed toward his feet.

Then, with the aid of his rockets, Fortress Maximus descended, gathering velocity as he dropped -- driving himself and the edge of the master sword down onto the top of Darkfleet's head.

Imperial Landing Zone

Boss met Drift's shrug with a chuckle.

Following suit, the Turbomaster transformed and raced after Electro, driving headlong into the nearby ground troops.

---

Rotorstorm considered asking Springer to stay, but forced himself not to. That, after all, was a sign of weakness, unfitting for one that was allegedly 'Wreckers material'.

"What kinda 'bot are ya? Walk it off!" he berated himself. "Just gotta find a place to...?"

The young Autobot cringed as he struggled to sit up. The wound in his 'gut', courtesy of Bad Boy's beam trident, was still severe - manageable, but severe - and leaking profusely out into a puddle where he sat.

Futily, Rotorstorm placed his hand over the gaping hole to lessen the 'bleeding'.

"Aw, crap..."

Nearby, fortunately, was fellow Turbomaster Hurricane, who raced over to his side. He had watched the entire scuffle between the young mechanoid and Bad Boy.

"Don't strain yourself, Stormy. I got you," Hurricane told his teammate as he propped him up to his feet. "Let's find a place to hole up."

Rotorstorm groaned, but did not resist. "Hey -- Hey 'Cane, didja see 'im?" he said drowsily. "That was -- whoa, feelin' kinda dizzy."

"Come on, Stormy, stay with me. See who?"

"Y'know -- Springer."

"Yeah, I saw him. What about him?"

"He said - he said I'd make good Wrecker material. That's what he told me." Rotorstorm's voice was weak and raspy.

Hurricane carefully guided their steps. "Oh? Did he now?" He said in a placating tone.

"Yeah, totally. Pretty awesome, huh?

---

The Omega Sentinel was unable to free its remaining arm from Tidal Wave's grip, leaving itself open to the gigantic Imperial's Tsunami Blaster.

The beam pierced straight through its mid-torso, leaving a massive hole in the Guardian Robot's abdomen. Giant, burning chunks of inner-workings and bubbling fluids spilled out from the wound, dropping its cybernetic gore down onto Tidal Wave.

One by one, Omega Sentinel 03's system began to fail, losing control of much its mobility and functions. Destruction undoubtedly was imminent.

Fortunately - and also quite tragically - it was still unable to override its objectives. Had it the spark to lose, it would die fighting.

With it's remaining inertia, the blue and white Guardian continued to place all its weight down on its claw-arm, keeping its equally massive foe pinned to the ground.

It spun it's head around to a full 180 degrees, clicking in place when it stopped, revealing the turret at the back of its 'skull', borrowed from the Omega Sentinel's tank mode.

From the cannon, a seemingly endless beam of thermal energy was released, aimed squarely at Tidal Wave's face.

________

Southwest Border

Guzzle shook his head. "Told ya," he quipped back at Volt. "Betcha I can leave a mark, though."

The Sparkabot converted into his respective tank form and raised his turret at Shock-Wave, targeting the same point his comrade had failed to inflict any damage upon.

"5 shannix says I can..."

But, before he could fire, Omega Sentinel 02 charged at Shock-Wave, taking the blunt of his anti-aircraft projectiles. Chunks of plating were seared off in the process, but the Imperial cannon's did not stop the blue and white juggernaut.

The ground quaked by its massive footsteps, knocking the relatively smaller Guzzle off target.

Leaving a trail of smoke behind it, the Guardian Robot thrust it claw-arm forward as it drew upon Shock-Wave.

Underground Base, Manganese Mountains

Ratchet raised his brow. "Springer? Really? I guess I should be relieved."

"All these supplies - what could he have possibly been planning, I wonder?" Groove queried.

"Who knows. Stocking up for the end of the world?" the Steelhaven Captain quipped. "But, regardless of his intentions -- Brainstorm, it would put my mind at ease if we had full control over whatever defensive measures Springer had put in place.

"You may claim it's able to distinguish Autobot from enemy, but I'd rather not find out whether the same applies to civilians. Let's not chance it, all right?" Ratchet smiled authoritatively, but still warmly. "We still don't know what exactly Springer was doing here, so until you do, we really shouldn't put our trust in a security system that we barely understand.

"In the meantime, me and Groove will finish checking the rest of the base. We'll start moving people in when we know for certain it's clear."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Constructicon Hospital

Scrapper looked up, glaring at Long Haul and Mixmaster. "Also, you'd have to shove them up his nose. Unless you're planning on turning him upside down first, but if you're going to do that you might as well just go all the way and beat him up."

He smeared grease onto the new subprocessor, then carefully slid it into place and secured it with a careful application of his soldering iron.

"Here goes nothing," he said as he reached over to Moonjet and started disconnecting the wires that ran between him and the Battle Gaia leader.

"Thanks for all your help," he told the Predator. "Let's hope it was worth it."

He pulled off the last wire, then nodded to himself when Sandstorm didn't immediately flatline.

"Well, that's something," he said.

Battlefield

"Right, like I'm going to ride on top of you while you're stretched out in alt-mode so thin that your armour's as thin as a tin can." Sandstorm made an annoyed noise. "But it's not like I have any other choice, so sure. Just promise me we're travelling in jet mode, and not boat."

Hate Plague Danger Zone

"If you hate this Skydive so much why didn't you kill him?"

Shuttle Gunner expended his capacitors, then took Tinker's advice and curved up and away. Dodging anti-air fire, he used his lower-power particle beam to target Dark Fleet's eyes.

'Shoot for anything that's not covered by a metre of armour," he told the other flyers. "It might not be sporting, but it's effective. Hopefully."

"That's good enough for me," Fireflight told Blast Off. "If their hands are crippled, they're not shooting at us. Or each other. Or...well, anyone, really."

He fired his photon displacer down at Ultra Magnus first, hitting him square in the eyes. "Silverbolt always said, if you're going to pick a fight with someone who's got more backup than you, always take out the big guy first."

Target Hawk was focused to the point of obsessiveness at the best of times. The Hate Plague only made that worse, so when Jackpot fell down he fired off another shot at the Autobot's chest as quickly as he could.

Imperial Landing Zone

"Save the banter," Skydive told Dreadwing. "I'm not interested in who you hated."

The Aerialbot corkscrewed through the incoming missiles, detonating the first one with his thruster backwash and letting the fire and debris to shred the others as they streaked past him. Then he levelled out just long enough to fire off his nega-gun, aiming it at the Imperial's face.

"Time to shut you up!"

Acid Storm let out a whoop of triumph, then strafed the ground around where Mirage had disappeared, trying to bury the Imperial under tonnes of loose rock and broken concrete.

Sideswipe grinned as Windcharger impaled a Demon, then looked around. "Don't want to jinx things, guys, but I think that might've been the last of them. You want to try and head to the hospital?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Dark Fleet made a displeased grunt as Shockwave and Fortress Maximus evaded his attacks. Shockwave’s blasts tore into two of his turrets, but it was of small consequence. After all, he had many, and many of these turrets dotting Dark Fleet’s torso and abdomen swiveled to take aim and open fire at Shockwave. The rest swiveled around, some taking aim at the Combaticons, some at the fliers nearby.

As Fortress Maximus moved in to strike his head, Dark Fleet raised his arms, the thick plating on his lower arms clashing with Fortress Maximus’ Master Sword. The blade cut through the armour, but it held.

“Fleet.”

The movement allowed Dark Fleet to inadvertently intercept Shuttle Gunner’s blasts before they reach the giant Imperial’s eyes, sending the blasts pinging away. Dark Fleet then savagely swung his arms outwards, attempting to knock Fortress Maximus out of the sky.

“We can’t do scrap with our guns, Hugger.” Brawl reported. “Won’t do any good. I say we leave the battle to Shockwave and Maximus- we’re distractions at best.”

“Then distract this giant we shall. Target the turrets.” Road Hugger snapped at his subordinate, before leaping out of cover and transforming into vehicle mode, shooting towards the gigantic Dark Fleet. He faced with giants every day as a Micromaster, to him this was just another oversized bulk. “Hyperdrive, Detour- you guys are with me. Move in, standard protocol. Find any weak spots...”

“And then we eviscerate him.” Hyperdrive replied with a knowing smirk, following Road Hugger as he ducked out of cover, one of Dark Fleet’s missiles slamming onto where he had just been moments ago, and transformed after Road Hugger.

“I did. Kind of.” Darkjet replied to Shuttle Gunner in an almost conversational tone, as he banked away from Dark Fleet’s fire. “I opened fire at him when those Autobot jet guys had him on the ropes when we were flying near that derelict dome building over there. He died from massed fire. Good riddance.”

“Oh, I don’t think there’s anything not covered by a metre of armour, Shuttle.” Tinker replied to Shuttle Gunner. “Your shoot-the-eyes tactic should work, though.”

“DARK MISSILE LAUNCHER!”

“Oh for crying out loud-”

Constructicon Hospital

Long Haul shrugged. “Down his nose, up his nose, Mixmaster’s got enough holes where I can stick evil rage spores in. Or I can borrow Scavenger’s awesome laser to make new holes if need be.” The Constructicon’s attention, however, was still rapt as he watched Scrapper operate the subprocessor.

Moonjet, likewise, tilted his head (or rather, as much as he could) as he watched.

Mixmaster made a raspberry at Long Haul, Scrapper and Hook.

“Get serious.” Hook snapped in a no-nonsense tone. “Do not encourage him, Long Haul.” The surgeon shook his head as he continued to type in calculations, repeating it, and nodding. “Scrapper, Perceptor, this Hate Plague is a strain of modified spores which inject a computer virus that would severely amplify the aggression centers. Reversing the viral stimulants is a matter of injecting an antivirus – a prototype of which I have just synthesized, although I would like some clinical trials – which would give those afflicted a sense of control, but to finish off the spores we need physical decontamination, which Mixmaster should have come up with if he hasn’t been too busy blowing up spores.”

An unrepentant Mixmaster shrugged as he juggled test-tubes in a wholly unprofessional manner, whistling as he poured flasks and test tubes together.

“Will you stop-” Hook began, but there was another explosion on Mixmaster’s workbench, and the chemist cackled. “That is it. Long Haul, get here and-”

Mixmaster’s cackle died off as he looked in horror at his hands, which began to glow red. “Oh, shi-”

“Everybody get back!” Hook snapped, “Long Haul, Scrapper, Scavenger, aim weapons at him- I am going to attempt a clinical trial.” The surgeon lunged at Mixmaster, a syringe in his hands, as the red glow started to spread across Mixmaster’s body…

Hate Plague Danger Zone

“Funny. Onslaught said just about the same thing.” Blast Off replied to Fireflight as he aimed and opened fire at Target Hawk’s hands, hoping to disarm the Decepticon before he could kill Jackpot, who rolled aside just in time before Target Hawk’s blast blew apart the ground directly beside him. “Also, many other things. Like ‘don’t be afraid to play dirty’, ‘try not to make any collateral damage’, ‘use your environment’ and ‘don’t tell Swindle your passwords’.”

Battlefield

“It’s not that bad, really, my armour in carrier mode.” Broadside snapped at Sandstorm. “Otherwise anything bigger than a damned stonefish would make a hole in my hull. Imagine the indignity – Wrecker Broadside sunk at sea due to a pod of narwhals.”

Broadside transformed into his jet mode as he spoke this, and let out a grapple line. “Hang on, Sandy. We’re going to jump back into the fire.”

Misfire poked Needlenose. "I don't want to break the silence but... are we there yet?"

Imperial Landing Zone

“Tidal Wave.”

The gigantic Tidal Wave, the first in line of the Cybertronian Empire’s giant Battleship-Class Eradicators, watched with his ever-blank expression as he landed the killing strike on Omega Sentinel 03. Tidal Wave showed no emotion – it was uncertain that he even had any to begin with – as the Omega Sentinel continued to pin him down, and the turret rotated towards his face.

Tidal Wave attempted to shove the Omega Sentinel off of him, but his arms were mangled, and his on-board computers told him it was futile anyway.

Resigned to his destruction, Tidal Wave allowed his hands to lay limp at his side, and remained without any expression as the Omega Sentinel’s thermal cannon ejected its devastating payload straight onto his head, melting through the heavily-shielded plating before finally reaching the brain module, at which point the laser ignited the sensitive components and caused an explosion that blew Tidal Wave’s head apart.

The titan’s limbs stopped moving, and he lay still, alongside the corpse of his killer, joined together in a way Slog would be proud of.

“Good work.” Pyro panted, still on one knee, as he watched the Omega Sentinel kill Tidal Wave, even as it is deactivated itself. For what amounted to a drone, the Omega Sentinel did well. Pyro forced himself to stand, and hobbled over towards the fight, launching fireballs left and right at the Imperials. “Now- now it’s my turn.”

A fireball slammed onto one of the ground-bound Imperials, another blast blew apart the head of another…

Shot were fired, shots slammed onto Pyro, blasting apart armour, but he kept moving until one stray shot slammed onto his open wound, sending him crashing into the ground face-first.

Still disoriented at Springer’s appearance, Dreadwing looked back towards Skydive, glaring daggers at the Aerialbot as he launched another volley of supercooled plasma towards the Aerialbot.

Dreadwing growled, “Shut me up? You can’t silence me, I have-”

A blast of wind whipped onto Dreadwing’s face, disorienting him enough for Skydive’s nega-gun to slam straight onto his face, blowing off his faceplate and shattering his optics. Roaring with rage, Dreadwing opened fire blindly, sending missiles and supercooled plasma shooting everywhere, at the ground, into the air, trying to hit Skydive and Springer without the aid of sight.

Springer sighed. “I swear, it’s almost like a requirement for Imperial officers to monologue like second-rate villains.”

Mirage roared as his massive hands burst out of the rubble Acid Storm brought down on him, and with a massive boost hoisted himself out of the hole, landing on his feet. One of his cannons were dented, but cosmetic damage and a few dents aside, Mirage seemed quite undamaged.

“Pretty impressive, little Seeker.” Mirage nodded in approval, reaching and tearing off the damaged cannon and tossing it down the hole. “Let’s see what other tricks you have.” Mirage took aim with the other shoulder cannon at Acid Storm and opened fire.

Windcharger looked out. “Nope, I think that’s really the last of them. Only Stormtroopers and Predators out there, and our boys are giving them hell.” Windcharger raised an eyebrow as Electro zoomed past, yelling like a madman, chasing a pair of Imperial Stormtroopers in an almost comical manner. “Well, some more creative than most, I guess…”

“Constructicon hospital’s at the other side of the city. Would be quite a drive.” Searchlight shrugged at Sideswipe. “Nothing better for us to do here, though- nothing the others can’t handle.”

Southwest Border

“You owe me five shannix, Guzzle.” Volt chuckled as he stumbled while the massive Omega Sentinel and Shock-Wave moved. “Ooh, these giant guys are starting to make little Volt feel inadequate.”

Shock-Wave roared as he sidestepped the Omega Sentinel’s deadly claw swipe, firing off a weaker burst of superheated plasma from his shoulder cannons, while his turrets switched ammunition, aimed and launched mortars at the smaller, weaker Autobots nearby.

Guzzle’s blast, similarly, failed to make much of an impact, exploding harmlessly against Shock-Wave’s hull.

Underground Base, Manganese Mountains

Brainstorm shrugged as he continued to type in the console, jumping comically from one side of the keyboard to the next due to his smaller size, “Stocking up for the end of the world seems about right. Wait just a bit, Groove...”

Brainstorm’s jumping and typing became furiously fast as streams of data streaked through the screen when Groove and Ratchet told him to recalibrate the turret sensors. “I’m not much of a programmer, but I hang out with Chromedome and he’s kind of a tech savvy even though he’s a bit of a swords nut… so, I think I can… yes, yes. I think I can set the defensive turrets are set to aim only for Imperial IFF signatures. Autobots, Neutrals, even ‘Cons, they’ll register as friendly. Just let me work… and jump around a bit…”
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The Lunatic Fringe

Optimus Prime followed Perceptor's coordinates to a nondescript, and surprisingly intact building in the former-art district now known at the Lunatic Fringe. The Creation Matrix housed within his chest compartment - emanating brighter than before from beneath his bust - confirmed it.

"Suitably unremarkable. Strategically unimportant...The perfect hiding spot."

As the Autobot Leader made for the main entrance of the building, Prowl's call came through. "Prime?"

"Thunderwing -- he's here."

"So Perceptor and Highbrow's findings were accurate," said Prowl. "You are intending to confront him alone?"

"I must."

"I would strongly advise that you reconsider. The response unit, that you yourself requested, will arrive at your position shortly."

"Duly noted, but we've both seen what Thunderwing is capable of while he has been in possession of this 'Decepticon Matrix'."

"...Prime -- With all due respect; be practical. Now is not the time for grandstanding. In the event that you may fail..."

"I appreciate your honesty, but I assure you that I am not making this personal." The Autobot Leader's voice was calm and sincere. "Too many of our people have already perished. I can't in good conscience endanger anymore. As a Matrix-bearer, it falls on me."

Prowl made a perturbed sound. "Mmm -- I maintain my severe reservations, but...as you wish. At least permit me to instruct the response team to surround the immediate area."

"Very well, but they are not to engage. Do I make myself clear?" Optimus said firmly. "Not until it's finished."

"Understood. They will be dispatched momentarily. But, in interim -- if you would, do use caution."

"I will, Prowl." Optimus switched off his comlink and started for the door leading into the dilapidated building....

----

Inside, Optimus found himself in an unlit and very much run-down foyer.

At the opposite end was a small staircase, where the defeated shells of two of Thunderwing's constructs rested at the base. From the next floor up, he could hear the sounds of a struggle. And two voices -- both of which Prime recognized immediately.

The first unmistakeably belonged to Thunderwing. He would never forget the voice of the mechanoid that had nearly destroyed him.

It was, however, the second that caused the Matrix-bearer alarm. He had heard that voice a million times since the beginning of the war -- a voice that was distinctly higher-pitched, haughty in its delivery, steeped in deceit. A voice that could not be trusted.

Optimus narrowed his optics. "Starscream."

He climbed slowly up the stairs, following the voices to their source, to the wide open area that was the lobby. At the top, the Autobot Leader stopped under the archway. Cyclonus lay close by, face down and seemingly unconscious.

"Hmm..."

Optimus then raised his optics, bringing them to the back of the room and found Starscream grappling with Thunderwing near the remains of what appeared to once be some type of communications console.

The Pretender was without his shell, his plating showing clear signs of battle wear. At the moment, Starscream had the upper-hand, who had Thunderwing pinned down and was clawing intently at his chest.

Had it been anyone else, Prime would not have intervened...but this was Starscream. Intuition naturally won out. He raised his ion rifle and aimed it squarely at the Decepticon Leader's back.

"An opportunity is never lost, eh Starscream?" said Optimus. "You will never change."

Shockwave adeptly evaded Darkfleet's cannonade, returning fire with usual precision upon one of the many turret's dotting the Imperial's torso.

---

Fortress Maximus gnashed his teeth, putting all his weight down on his blade as it cut through Dark's Fleet's arm.

The end result was less than what the Headmaster had hoped for, leaving him open when the larger Imperial slapped him away. Fortress Maximus was sent hurtling back. A wide, noticeable dent, scarred diagonally across his chest where Darkfleet had hit him.

Worse, the Master Sword had been knocked from his hand.

The Steelhaven Captain somersaulted wildly through the air, before he was able to stabilize himself and control his fall with the help of his rockets.

"Fine. A different approach, then." Fortress Maximus shot off towards his relatively larger foe -- this time aiming lower.

He jutted out his elbow, directing it at Darkfleet's leg. If weapons couldn't harm it, then perhaps brute force would. At very least, Fortress Maximus, being larger than the average Autobot, had slightly better odds of bringing the Imperial crashing down than the Combaticons did.

Hopefully he'd take Darkfleet's leg with it!

Perceptor, still preoccupied with Thunderwing's construct along with Highbrow, listlessly waved his hand in response to Hook's hypothesis. "Mm-hm, yes, a computer virus. I theorized as much," he answered, not looking away from his work. "And I suppose you have a test subject in mind?"

Pointblank tapped the science officer on the shoulder, trepidation was in his voice. "Perceptor..."

"What is it, Pointbl -- Oh!"

Peceptor looked up just in time to see Mixmaster be slowly overtaken by the synthetic hate plague virus. He spun around and quickly drew out his respective sniper rifle. His Targetmaster companion responded just the same.

"Honestly now, in a place of healing?" he said snidely. "I...assume you have prepared a retrovirus, Hook? I would rather we not resort to violence."

"Yes, let's not," Pointblank added.

Imperial Landing Zone

The beam emitting from Omega Sentinel 03's head-mounted turret continued to melt through Tidal's Wave's face, even after the titan's life had been extinguished.

But soon, the thermal ray lost its intensity, its burning light quickly dimming. Its cannon spurted a few times more, before finally fading.

The Guardian Robot remained unmoving in its grotesque embrace, its massive claw still pinning Tidal Wave's arm to the ground.

03 had completed its objective, earning its oblivion.

---

With Tidal Wave's defeat, the Mirror-Manifold and Calibi-Yau were now able to safely make their rounds and scour the landing zone for the wounded.

Among those casualties to receive their attention, as it would happen, was Pyro.

The Mirror-Manifold lowered itself near the fallen Autobot, using its maneuvering thrusters to keep it hovering several feet over the ground. The boarding ramp dropped open and Gizmo came sprinting down.

"Get him on board and be quick about it," Sprocket shouted from the shuttle's intercom. "These guys are looking mighty pissed."

"Ah, just give me suppression fire, all right," Gizmo snapped back.

He knelt down at Pyro's side and slid his hands under his fallen comrade. "Come on, big guy, I got you."

Southwest Border

Shock-Wave's superheated plasma charges connected against Omega Sentinel 02's back, shattering its wings into fiery shards.

In kind, the Guardian Robot turned at its waist and extended its cannon-arm, firing its own plasma beam, pointblank, at the massive Imperial.

---

(OOC: For the sake of space, my response for the Manganese Mountain section is getting pushed back to my next update. The Lunatic Fringe stuff I felt took priority. Sorry :))
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

With Fortress Maximus slapped out of the way, Dark Fleet moved his arms, attempting to clap them together and crush Shockwave, who had blown up yet another of his turrets, like a fly.

His large cannons began to charge- the target: the Constructicon hopsital.

As they are about to fire, however, Fortress Maximus returned and slammed onto his leg, forcing the giant Imperial to stumble backwards. Brawl and the Combaticons' fire slammed onto Dark Fleet's other leg, sending him taking another step backwards. There was a significant dent where Maximus' elbow had dug a groove in, but Dark Fleet still stood on his two legs- albeit barely.

Thankfully, though, due to the intervention the giant laser cannons had missed the Constructicon hopsital, instead merely decimating one of the makeshift barricades that Bonecrusher had built earlier.

"Fleet." The giant growled, as his turrets swung down and rained destruction on Fortress Maximus.

"Maximus is trying to bring him down." Detour yelled at his two larger teammates as they zipped around explosions from Dark Fleet's turrets. "Think we can help with that?"

"Not from out here we can't." Road Hugger yelled back. "From the inside, though..."

"I see what you're trying to do." Detour chuckled. "I'd say we run away now and leave everything to Maximus, but, hey, no one will listen to me."

"Don't blame us. Only Mixmaster is the crackpot." Long Haul replied to Perceptor's snide remark, aiming his own weapons at Mixmaster. "Any time now, Hook..."

Hook, meanwhile, did not reply to Perceptor, Long Haul or Pointblank as Mixmaster trashed around, flipping his lab table across the room where it crashed next to Sixshot's quarantine pod. The Sixchanger had transformed into his tank mode, ready to fire upon Mixmaster through the plexiglass of the quarantine pod if needed be.

Hook, of course, had no intention of sacrificing his idiotic teammate, at least not until all hope is lost. He ducked an uncontrolled flail- the Plague is still trying to find its foothold, hence the uncontrolled trashing instead of the more systematic anger that the other infected show. Hook hoped, if other diseases are anything to go by, that this would mean that the Plague would be contained to Mixmaster for the moment.

It means Hook has a small window to administer the antivirus before Mixmaster becomes infectious...

Hook slammed the cylindrical tube onto Mixmaster's stomach, and a sharp, needle-like projection tore through Mixmaster's armour to administer the cure.

Mixmaster roared and convulsed a little. Not taking any chances, Hook swung his arms and delivered a solid punch to Mixmaster's chin, causing him to collapse onto his back. Hook got up and began to run a scanner on the idiot. "He's alive." Hook said out loud. "And... cured. The virus is flaking off. The needle was an experimental armour-piercing weapon for chemical warfare, designed after the Insecticon's Cerebro-Shells."

Imperial Landing Zone

Pyro's optics blinked, alternating between glowing weakly with blue light or not glowing at all. His head snapped back into position when Gizmo talked to him. "Whu-"

"Can- can still fight. Prime- Prime told me to. Can't- can't fail now." Pyro muttered, forcing himself to gather strength to stand up by himself. "Not when everyone is fighting. Not gonna let- not gonna let you ruin death. I mean, this. This fight."

Pyro struggled, putting more energy into his feet, forcing himself to stand up straight.

Southwest Border

"Waaaave." Shock-Wave growled as Omega Sentinel 02's cannon blast headed towards him. He attempted to deflect it with his arm shields, but the beam deflected off and slammed onto Shock-Wave's chest, burning off a huge chunk of the right side of his chest.

Forced backwards, the Imperial returned fire, sending another blast of superheated plasma at 02 again.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Constructicon Hospital

Scrapper set his equipment down and stepped away from the operating table, sighing slightly with relief.

"That's the best we can do," he told Long Haul and Moonjet. "He should wake up...eventually. It'll take some time for his systems to reboot and reconfigure around the new hardware, but once it does he should be operating at 100% again. We--what the hell!"

He snapped his laser pistol up off of the table, whirled and pointed it straight at Mixmaster's face. But by the time he had, the crisis had been averted by a heroic...Hook, of all people.

"That's it, we're replacing you with Gravedigger the next chance we get," he snapped at Mixmaster. "Just what the hell were you thinking?"

Battlefield

Sandstorm scoffed. "Well, if that was the case at least you'd have an excuse for bitching every time you flew or floated," he told Broadside.

Hate Plague Danger Zone

"Blast," Shuttle Gunner said without any emotion, as if he was simply copycatting what he'd heard his more experienced comrades say. Then he fired again, aiming for Dark Fleet's shoulder joint.

Hearing Darkjet's explanation, he had to think for a few moments before replying, "Then you did all anyone could reasonably exp--"

He was cut off by the Predator's voice-activated weapon-launch phrase, at which point he just snapped and shouted, "Will you for the love of all that's Cybertronian please stop that?"

"He probably said it more fancy-like, though," Fireflight told Blast-Off. "Onslaught always seemed like a wordy guy to me."

Below them, Target Hawk screamed as his hands blew up on front of his face. He fell to the ground, ineffectually pawing at his dropped weapon with the stumps of his forearms.

"Ouch," Fireflight said. Ultra Magnus, meanwhile, roared ineffectually at the heavens as he swung around, blinded and unable to find anything to orient himself on the unfamiliar ground.

Rage was simply standing there, watching them with a surprisingly calm expression on his face. So, since he seemed like the least dangerous of the remaining pair, Fireflight ignored him in favour of trying to blind Jackpot.

Imperial Landing Zone

Skydive didn't bother to taunt Dreadwing any further. He was more professional that that, and he had more important things on his mind. As the Decepticon's missiles and plasma blasts shot toward him, he evaded with every trick he'd ever used in the past -- and some that he'd only read about. His agility and skill were unmatched among the Autobots' fliers, and rare was the Decepticon who could keep up. Nevertheless, it took all of his skill to survive the virtual wall of death that was being thrown up at him and he didn't have any time to think about returning fire.

Acid Storm dropped like a rock, transforming to robot mode to avoid the shots that Mirage was aiming at him. While he fell, slowing himself down minimally with his foot-thrusters, he fired acid-seeding missiles up into the ground. The burst in the sky and dark, roiling clouds immediately started to form.

"Being so big as worked out for you so far, eh?" Acid Storm chuckled. "I can see why, too. But it can be a disadvantage too. See, when you're a hundred times bigger than everyone else and made of metal...you tend to become a lighting rod!"

As if on cue, bolts of lighting began to slash down toward the ground from the angry-looking rainclouds.

Sideswipe nodded. "Then I guess we should get going," he said. Looking over at Searchlight, he asked, "Can you transform? If you're too injured to drive, Windcharger can tow you while I watch your backs."

Underground

Needlenose looked over at Misfire and shrugged. "Man, don't ask me. I don't even know where we're going."

Spinister looked over his shoulder and glared at the two of them. "We're almost there," he whispered. "Now be quiet! We don't want to tip off Thunderwing that we're here."

The Lunatic Fringe

Starscream looked over his shoulder and glared at Optimus Prime.

"Oh, I don't know about that, Prime," he said, injecting his voice with a confidence that he didn't really feel. After all, this was Optimus Prime he was talking to, not some lowly Autobot functionary like Prowl or an ignorant thug like Grimlock. This was the Autobot lead who denied Megatron, Galvatron, Gigatron and so many others, stopping them no matter how impossible the odds against him.

But I'm not Megatron, Galvatron or Gigatron. I'm Starscream. I'm their better.

"Some things do change, Prime," he said, bluffing. "See, here we are with me, Starscream defeating the villain of the day while you, the supposed hero, interrupt and threaten to shoot me in the back. I'm fairly certain that our roles should be reversed, here."

The Seeker delivered another blow to the pinned Thunderwing, and tried not to tip off the Autobot leader about the pair of Pretender shells approaching him from behind, out of his line of vision.

"Now you can shoot me and steal the glory for yourself...or you can let me finish this. It's Decepticon business. It's got nothing to do with y--agh!"

Starscream was knocked back by a burst of purple energy that erupted from Thunderwing's chest, sending the Decepticons' self-styled leader flying into the already-ruined communications desk.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Constructicon Hospital

Long Haul had his weapon raised as he moved closer towards where Hook was kneeling by Mixmaster. "You sure he's cured, doc?"

"Positive." Hook replied to Long Haul, looking at the readings from a scanner as he held it above the unconscious Mixmaster. Hook turned around to face Scrapper. "Mixmaster can't hear you- he's unconscious. My fault, mind you. The punch was not necessary in order for the retrovirus to work, but I believe he deserved it."

"That he did." Long Haul sighed. "You sure the cure's working?"

"For the second time, Long Haul- yes. As if there was any doubt." Hook replied with an exasperated sigh, before gesturing with a finger at Mixmaster's form, as dull rust-coloured dust started to peel off the Constructicons. "Observe- even now Mixmaster's body is rejecting the dead spores. Would prefer more trials, though- see how fast mental rejection would occur."

Long Haul jerked a thumb at Sixshot. "Good, cause we still have ol' STAG over there."

Hook nodded, and turned to Scrapper and Perceptor. "Spread the word- the Constructicons have invented a cure." The Constructicon walked over to his terminal, and continued typing. "Will take some time to produce more in quantities, but I believe we have a sufficient amount to begin curing selective targets. Infected commanders, for instance. A pity Mixmaster is unconscious. His mixing drum would be extremely useful in synthesizing an airborne-distributed gaseous cure. Instead, we'll have to rely on these syringes. Firing them from the air would be practical."

"Can help with airborne... whatever it is you need." Moonjet offered. "Least I can do for you guys."

"Should we wake Mixmaster up?" Long Haul asked, looking at Hook, and then at Scrapper.

The sound of an explosion rattled the hospital. "My word, it looks like they fight's coming ever closer. What are those buffoons doing?" Hook sighed, then pressed several buttons on Sixshot's quarantine chamber, and the quarantine chamber proceeded to inject Sixshot with the same syringe, the greenish liquid flowing into Sixshot's body from the tube.

Shuttle Gunner's blast slammed onto Dark Fleet's shoulder, but again, it failed to show any insignificant damage. It did manage to divert Dark Fleet's attention, as some turrets moved away from Shockwave and tried to target the three fliers.

Darkjet didn't answer Shuttle Gunner's angry taunt, not directly, anyway. "Huh, all it took was this to get you to show emotion?"

"For the love of-" Tinker sighed as he twirled in the air, narrowly avoiding an Anti-Aircraft missile. "Not that I don't understand your situation, Predator, but if you dark missile launcher one more time, I'm going to super duper tranquilize launcher you."

Hate Plague Danger Zone

"For a guy named Onslaught, yeah. He's quite... wordy." Blast Off replied to Fireflight. "Got the Vortex wannabe." Blast Off reported as Target Hawk's hands blew up.

Jackpot lurched towards the weapon, and Blast Off aimed and fired a burst down at Target Hawk's gun to knock it away, so the two can't hurt each other. Fireflight's attack blinded Jackpot, and the sensory overload, coupled with the Hate Plague itself, caused Jackpot to lurch in a direction that took him away from Target Hawk. "Nice shot. Leaves the guy with his arms. Hopes he doesn't try to strangle the Vortex wannabe." Blast Off said.

"Huh, that's odd..." Blast Off moved a little closer towards where Rage was without touching the red cloud. "Yo, Stormtrooper- you don't seem all, well, full of hate."

Underground

Misfire shrugged, shutting up when Spinister chided him. "Just saying." The Targetmaster pulled out his ion rifle, and reloaded it.

Imperial Landing Zone

"I know." Mirage replied to Acid Storm, the acid-seeding missiles not affecting his footing in any way. "Kind of makes me wonder what's the advantage of being big is- wait, lightning rod-"

Mirage screamed as the bolt of lightning streaked down from the storm cloud, and slammed onto a spot some distance away from where Mirage is standing. The illusion Acid Storm had fired at earlier frizzled away, while the real Mirage stumbled backwards from the lightning bolt, his colourful armour blackened.

"Right. Advantage. You get to carry a bigger gun. Thicker ammo. Not much you can do against a damn storm, though." Mirage replied, opening fire at Acid Storm again. "Tidal Wave's dead? Ah, pity. He could've taken the hit."

Searchlight transformed- a painful effort that required him to try three times before getting it right. "Engine's a bit screwed, but I think I can drive. If, well, if Windcharger gives that magnetic assist thing he did earlier."

"Let's go, then." Windcharger said, using his magnetic powers to drag Searchlight behind him. "Which way to the hospital, Sideswipe?"

"Not sure you actually needed an excuse to bitch, you know?" Broadside asked Sandstorm as they neared the Imperial Landing Zone. "There- Skydive and Springer are fighting one of them big ones. Let's join in!"

Broadside opened fire with his weapons at Dreadwing, sending several rounds of plasma bursts flying at the giant Imperial.

Dreadwing roared incoherently as all his attacks failed to hit Skydive. He roared again when Broadside's arrival was announced with plasma blasts that raked his flank- he barely raised his hull 'wing' to shield him from the worst.

Springer took Dreadwing's distraction to brace himself, before launching towards the Imperial with his legs. His sword activated, and he slashed, and with two quick swings, sliced off the tips of Dreadwing's shoulder cannons. The Imperial roared as he stumbled back, and Springer threw his blade into the gaping wound in Dreadwing's face that Skydive made earlier.

The blade pierced through Dreadwing's head, and energon splurted out the back of his head.

Arm-cannons still firing at nothing, Dreadwing fell over backwards dead.

Springer hopped towards the twitching corpse, pulled out his blade from Dreadwing's head, then sprung off into the sky again after giving Broadside and Sandstorm a sharp nod.

Broadside sighed. "Springer's still a showoff, isn't he, Sandy?"

With Broadside, Sandstorm, Topspin and the Aerialbots here, they can take care of the remaining giant Imperial. If that Seeker didn't get to him first, that is.

Springer knew he needed to be elsewhere.

The Hate Plague, the Demons, the giant Imperials, the Warworld, the invading army, the horrific biological weapons deployed here... they can all be traced to Thunderwing.

And since Optimus Prime is most likely to be in the center of the storm itself, fighting Thunderiwng.... well, Springer intended to be there.

To be... what was it Arcee called him? A hero.

Outnumbered, impossible odds, a mad tyrant with a mystical bauble hell-bent on murdering everybody, Cybertron at stake... yeah, what could go wrong?

People would say that helping out the war effort, fighting in the front lines, would have been enough. Redeem him, perhaps. But again, he saw Whirl, he saw Arcee, he saw Twin Twist die in front of his eyes again. He remembered his own death, killed by a misfire from Optimus Prime's Matrix.

No, he needed to be more.

He needed to see this to the end.

The Lunatic Fringe

Springer landed in the Lunatic Fringe, and headed towards the only intact building. He had no plan, no backup, nothing to stop him from being blown apart by a Matrix blast like how he was killed before, like how Whirl was killed before.

Oh well, he needed to do this.

Springer unsheathed his blade and ran into the building, passing Cyclonus' prone form. (Thunderwing took out Cyclonus already? Hoped he did some damage to the aristocrat.)

Springer walked up into the second floor, where he saw Optimus Prime holding a gun, saw Starscream of all people knocked aside by Thunderwing... and two Thunderwing shells inching towards Optimus Prime. "PRIME! Watch out!"

Springer leaped towards the two shells, bringing his sword down in an attempt to slice through the chest's torso.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The Lunatic Fringe

Optimus Prime knew for certain that he could not trust Starscream's claimed intentions. It was a regretful force of habit. But, before the Autobot Leader could retort, Springer leapt into the room, alerting him of the Thunderwing shells approaching from behind.

Prime twisted around, his attention effectively diverted. It had barely been a minute since he had arrived and already this encounter had gone awry. On top of the immediate dilemma, the Matrix-bearer had the safety of one of his Autobots to consider.

In his free hand - the other still gripping an ion rifle - Optimus once more deployed his energon-axe. "I appreciate the warning, Springer, though I wish you hadn't followed me here*. Nevertheless..."

The Autobot Leader lunged at one of the shells and swiped in a wide diagonal arc - from the right of the copy's shoulder to the left side of its hip. He was faintly aware that the real Thunderwing had managed to knock Starscream back...

(OOC:* - I'm not sure how else he would've found the place.)

Darkfleet's salvo peppered the back of Fortress Maximus as he made his pass through the giant Imperial, pushing him to the ground. The large Autobot ground against the terrain, leaving a long trench behind him.

Before the titan could be allowed to deliver a follow-up attack, Shockwave dropped down - dodging away from Darkfleet's hands at the same time - shifted into ray-gun mode and unleashed a wide beam at the Imperial's already weakened leg.

Once it appeared that Mixmaster had been properly sedated, Perceptor and Pointblank lowered their weapons.

The science officer disconnected himself from the Thunderwing shell that he and Highbrow had been operating over and moved closer to the unconscious Constructicon, alongside Hook and Long Haul.

He briefly examined Mixmaster, confirming to himself that a cure had indeed been found for the synthetic Hate Plague virus.

"Hm, yes, a complete reversal of genetic transcription. Very impressive," he told Hook. "I have gleaned all I was able from Thunderwing's construct and have passed that information on. I volunteer myself - and Pointblank here - to disperse this retrovirus among the infected."

"Wait? I am?" Pointblank piped up.

"Indeed you are. Your skills are required; you are a proficient marksman, Pointblank. As am I -- among the several other talents I excel in."

"Modesty, of course, being one of them."

Perceptor smiled haughtily in response. "Hook?" He brought his gaze back to the Constructicon. "Have you any more this counteractant prepared? Preferably in the form of, say, an ampoule to be administered from a distance? As many as you can produce."

Imperial Landing Zone

Sprocket growled over the Mirror-Manifold's intercom speaker. "Nuh-uh, no way! Now get on the damn ship!" He barked at Pyro.

"Ahem...what Sprocket means to say is," Gizmo calmly added, "that it would grieve Prime should you die. He would want you to live."

He gently placed his hand on Pyro's back, attempting to coax him on board the waiting shuttle. "Please let us help you."

(OOC: Does anyone else need a pick up? Like, say, Searchlight or the others? The Calabi-Yau is still out there. You can have one of your guys call Kick-Off over to them, or he can just show up :))

Southwest Border

Shock-Wave's blast sent Omega Sentinel 02 wobbling back a few paces.

...But still, the ancient robot would not fall -- despite the large, burning wound on its chest that matched the massive Imperial's.

Zero-Two, naturally, emoted nothing. It re-aimed its giant arm-cannon and released a thermal beam, targeting the missing chunk on Shock-Wave's chest.

---

(OOC: @ Blackjack -- Yeah, I think I'm going to wait one more post before updating the Manganese Mountain stuff. It'll give Ratchet and Groove enough time to explore the rest of the Hidden Base, anyway. Unless there's something you want to address now, of course. Let me know :))
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Constructicon Hospital

Scrapper shrugged. "I'm not complaining," he told Hook. "In fact, maybe you should hit him a few more times when he wakes up."

He sighed when Long Haul asked his question. "No," he said at last. "He'd just do something else disruptive and slow us down. Drag him somewhere out of the way so that we have more room to work."

Looking over at Hook, he asked, "How exactly does this retrovirus work? For example, if I were to inject myself would that make me immune to the disease entirely? Or will it just kill any active spores currently in my system? We'll need to know that before we figure out a distribution model."

Shuttle Gunner responded to Darkjet in a confused tone. "I'm not sure what you mean," he admitted. "I show emotion all the time, don't I?"

He shot down a pair of incoming missiles with his smaller weapon, then felt the ping of a fully-charged capacitor and let loose another gamma ray burst at the giant below them.

Hate Plague Danger Zone

"If he does, I'll shoot him again," Fireflight told Vortex.

Rage, meanwhile, looked up at the Combaticon and laughed. "That's where you're wrong," he said. "You see...I'm always full of hate. A disease that makes me feel like I do every day...well, I'm sure there are less effective weapons out there but I've never seen one."

Imperial Landing Zone

"That he is. That he is."

Sandstorm held on as Broadside dove through the air.

"Drop me off somewhere, will you?" he told the other Wrecker. "I'm not cut out to be a passenger on an aircraft."

Nearby, Skydive relaxed as the incoming fire died along with the Decepticon who had been firing it.

"Nice trick," Acid Storm told Mirage. "But it won't save you."

He dodged incoming fire, not even trying to shoot back. He didn't need to, now. His weapon was already deployed, as more and more lighting lashed down at the ground below him.

"Of course, you could just leave. Your side's lost the fight anyway. What's the point in staying here and getting fried by an angry storm cloud?"

"That's the fun part," Sideswipe told Windcharger with a grin before transforming. "It's straight on the other side of the battlefield. Follow me, and try and keep up!"

His tires smoking, he took off from a dead stop and shot across the now-barren (save for the strewn corpses) battlefield.

Underground

"You're still talking," Spinister told Misfire with a glare. "Don't."

The group of Targetmasters came up to a steep stairwell that led up out of the sewers. Using hand signals, he communicated to the rest of his team that they needed to follow him up quietly. Then, with a grim expression on his face, he strode up the stairs and threw the doors open.

The Lunatic Fringe

Springer's heroic charge would find itself stopped prematurely as a purple haze formed in front of him, stopping him from joining the fray by deflecting his sword strike. The shell he was trying to attack, unphased, glared at him and said, "Go away. You're not worth my time."

The other shell, meanwhile, used a field of it's own to deflect Optimus Prime's energy axe.

"Really, you people," Thunderwing said disdainfully as he rose from the ground. "Did you honestly think that right here, in my own sanctum, you would be able to get the better of me? The power of the Matrix pervades my every circuit! It flows through me like Energon! It saved me from a nuclear bomb...and you think you can stop me with axes and swords and guns? You're only here because I want you here."

He smiled. "You're here so that I can kill all of you in one fell swoop. It's just a shame that you didn't bring that whelp Rodimus with you."

Another shell strode forward from the shadows, splitting apart before closing itself around the battered inner robot.

"Oh, well. I'll just have to find him later. It's probably for the best, anyway. If I killed all my rivals at once, I'd get bored."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

The Lunatic Fringe

(OOC: Yeah, Springer saw Optimus leaving the Imperial landing zone and followed him. Sorry if it wasn’t made clear.)

Springer snorted. “Oh, Prime, you know- like you, I’m never one to resist jumping into the hottest spot in the battlefield. Plus, we have the Impies at a run. Only this little dipstick is left… and I kind of have an obligation to take him down. ‘Sides, I make better backup than Screamer over there.”

The former Wrecker leader’s words were cut short as his sword was deflected by one of the Thunderwing shell’s force field of sorts.

Nonplussed, Springer leapt backwards, bracing himself. “Actually, Thunderwing… I’m pretty sure Prime and me, we’re more dangerous than a nuclear bomb.” Springer’s eye twitched when Thunderwing mentioned Rodimus. “You aren’t worth Rodimus’ time. You aren’t even worth Optimus’ time. Come on, you little scraplet… bring it on.”

Springer used the springs in his legs to launch himself at the Thunderwing shell he attacked earlier, and then slashed again with his blade.

If he can’t kill Thunderwing… he will damn sure hurt him.

Dark Fleet made a low, guttural growl in approval as Fortress Maximus fell onto the ground, but did not have time to finish off the large Autobot, as Shockwave’s powerful cannon blast tore into his right leg, the same leg that the Combaticon tanks were shooting mortars at.

An attempt to get a target lock at Shockwave was ruined as Shuttle Gunner’s gamma ray blast, combined with the dark missile launcher from Darkjet, slammed onto the back of his head and, while not doing any noticeable damage, did manage to scramble his sensors.

“Fleet.” Dark Fleet roared, as he opened fire randomly, opening fire with all his weapons.

“Brawl, pull back! That attack’s going to decimate your position!” Road Hugger yelled into the comms unit. Thankfully, the affirmative shouts from Brawl, Thunderhead and the rest of the groundbound Combaticons meant that none of them had died… yet, anyway. “Hyperdrive, are you ready?”

The blue ex-Micromaster transformed noisily, and nodded, gripping his bazooka in his hands. “Go, Huggy boy.”

Road Hugger nodded, and stuffed in a missile into Hyperdrive’s bazooka, then stuffed in Detour as well. The yellow Micromaster looked slightly miffled. “I still don’t think this is a good idea.”

“Oh, it isn’t. It’s just the best we can come up with.” Road Hugger replied, as he transformed into vehicle mode. “Hyperdrive- fire!”

And fire, Hyperdrive did, at the weakened knee Shockwave and the other Combaticons had been targeting. Detour leapt away before the missile slammed, before transforming and hanging onto a loose chunk of armour. It’s quite too big for anything but a Micromaster to get in to. Detour pulled out a stack of explosives from his subspace pocket, armed the timer, and leapt out of the damaged knee. “Package planted, Huggie!”

Normally, a fall like that would have killed Detour, but Road Hugger had been zipping around Dark Fleet’s feet, ready to catch Detour, and the Micromaster landed safely on top of his larger teammate. “Scatter!” And the Sports Car Patrol shot away from what would no doubt be a falling giant soon.

“Mixmaster is an irresponsible buffoon!” Hook snapped as he snapped his scanner into its closed position. “I agree with Scrapper. He may prove useful, but I do not think that would be appropriate.”

Long Haul made a shrugging motion, then dragged Mixmaster off and shoved him next to Bonecrusher’s CR pod.

Hook turned back to face Scrapper, and shook his head. “I am afraid it does not work that way. The retrovirus will seek out and destroy only active spores. I suppose if you injected yourself, you would have short-term immunity to the Hate Plague – say, enough to make you immune while you waited for evac from the danger zone. However, injecting yourself now would not give you immunity should you drive all the way to the Danger Zone.”

Hook shook his head. “With Mixmaster’s aid, I admit, and an atmospheric dispersal tower, I could arrange for an airborne distribution of the retrovirus, completely eradicating every trace of the disease in Protihex. Of course, if there was any doubt, I could also make retroviruses that would give permanent immunities to us. Unfortunately, with time as a major factor, I have to concur with Perceptor’s assessment.”

Hook glanced at the injection cylinder. “I do indeed have more of the cure already synthesized, enough for about two dozen if we consider the cures already administered to Mixmaster and Sixshot. The needle-cylinders are in abundance too. In that event the cure could be administered by sufficiently skilled marksmen – Perceptor and Pointblank have already volunteered themselves. I would join them, of course, since like Perceptor I have extremely accurate pinpointing skills-”

“Yeah, right.” Long Haul scoffed. “Because accuracy in performing open brain surgery is tantamount to accuracy in sniping.”

“As I was saying, it would be more efficient if I was stationed here, cooking up more of the retrovirus.” Hook finished, ignoring Long Haul’s disparaging comment. “I suggest they do so from the sky… perhaps shuttle that that hac- I mean, Autobot- Hoist brought here?”

Hook pressed a button, and the quarantine chamber containing Sixshot opened. The sixchanger flexed his fingers, watching with interest as pieces of his exoskeleton flaked away. “The rage had indeed passed. Excellent work, Constructicon. I am prepared to assist in the distribution of the cure and evacuation of the afflicted myself.”

Hate Plague Danger Zone

Blast Off looked down at Rage and made a noise that was halfway between a groan and a chuckle. “There’s all sorts of Decepticons, I suppose. So you’ll… spread the disease, but you have complete control over the anger, that is? Remind me never to get in your bad side… what’s your name again… Wrath? Anger?”

Southwest Border

Shock-Wave growled as he braced his arms against Omega Sentinel Zero-Two’s thermal beam, returning fire with his multiple anti-aircraft guns, as well as a short burst from his large cannons, aiming for the Omega Sentinel’s head and chest.

Of course, Zero-Two did cause some damage… Shock-Wave’s left wrist armour hung loose and dropped onto the ground, followed by Shock-Wave’s left hand.

Imperial Landing Zone

Broadside landed and transformed as he did, catching Sandstorm with one arm and gently lowering the other Wrecker onto the ground. “Typical. We get here and there’s only one of those big guys left.” Broadside squinted. “There are two more in the distance, one over there and one over there… oh well, let’s help the Seeker kill his mark.”

Broadside pulled out his sidearm, and launched a volley of fire at Mirage.

Pyro mumbled something indistinct. “Prime… he told me to rally the forces. To hold the line. To- to keep fightin’. He’s fighting. Would rather… would rather die than abandon. Orders. Prime.”

Pyro took a step forwards, then another, then pulled out his gun and fired several shots at Mirage which went very wide and hit the ground instead. “Fight. Keep fighting. Yes. You go help others. I’ll stay here. Cover your escape.”

“Mmm, that would be tempting, wouldn’t it?” Mirage replied to Acid Storm, rolling aside as the lightning literally shot down from the sky and striking him all the time. One of the blasts sheared one of his wing-armour clean off. Broadside’s fire slammed onto his side, causing him to lose his grip and fall onto the ground.

“But see, well, I’m not one to abandon my duty. Kill me, capture me, do whatever you want, but I’m not going to run away.” Mirage stood up again, and the lightning struck again. He returned fire at Acid Storm. Mirage grunted as another bolt forced him to his knees, blowing off a chunk off his head. “What’s your name? At least let me know the name of my killer.”

“Can’t we get a hitch on one of those nice Autobot shuttles?” Searchlight asked Sideswipe and Windcharger.

“Doubt they have any proper medics on board… last I heard Ratchet’s with the refugees, and First Aid’s holding the fort at Iacon. Which means the only reliable medics we can get you are the Constructicons.” Windcharger replied.

“Yeah, that’s real reassuring.”

“You want to get treated by some idiot like Pharma? Guy gave me a replacement leg once. Itches like hell. Had shoot myself in the leg before I could convince Fixit to redo the job properly.”

“I don't-”

“Trust me kid, you hang out with us old guard types, you get to see loads of crazy stuff. Buckle up!” Windcharger shot off, easily keeping pace with Sideswipe even while dragging the wounded Searchlight behind him, his wheels crushing the heads and limbs of Imperial Stormtroopers and Dreads.

Underground

“Sorry boss. I mean-” Misfire mouthed ‘sorry boss’ without making a noise, before trotting up silently behind Spinister, his weapon ready for whatever they may face.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The Lunatic Fringe

(OOC: Aw, I'm kinda stumped here :()

Optimus Prime stepped back from the Thunderwing shell when he quickly realized that his axe had proved ineffective.

The dark emissions encircling the facsimile told the Matrix-bearer all he needed to know. And as to be expected, he detected the same purple energies permeating from the real Thunderwing -- who at that very moment was pontificating in typical fashion.

Prime paid little mind to what the Liege Centuro was saying. It was a variation of the same boring speech that he had heard before from Cybertronians like Thunderwing.

While he glared back at his newly-armored opponent, the Matrix housed within the Autobot Leader's chest compartment pulsated brightly, prompting him. A clue perhaps?

Though admittedly, going off a mere hunch was far from the wisest strategy. Prowl would have more than likely disapproved had he been there. Unfortunately, at the moment it was all Optimus had.

"Only one way to find out."

He stored his ion rifle to his back and withdrew his energon axe back into his wrist socket, not once removing his eyes from the Pretender. The shells, which Springer was tending to, were the very least of Prime's concerns.

"We'll see," said Optimus, choosing not to indulge the Imperial.

In a blur, the Autobot Leader ducked past the second Matrix-infused construct and dashed headlong for Thunderwing - every polymer sinew throughout his body ready for anything.

Fortress Maximus' large frame ached from all the encounters he had endured today. And it showed. From the legion of Predator fliers, to the Thunderwing copies - and now Darkfleet; the Headmaster was covered head to toe in deep scars, Matrix-bolt burns and leaking bullet holes.

A part of him told Cerebros - his component part - to disengage from his larger half and seek cover. But, he refused to give in to that voice. The Quintessons and, more recently, the Space Mafia had bested him before; Fortress Maximus would not fall again.

"No...not this time," he quietly told himself.

When Road Hugger cued him and the other Combaticons, Fortress Maximus forced himself up to his feet, wobbling along the way. His rockets struggled at first, but the Steelhaven captain managed to rise to the air before Darkfleet would inevitably come crashing down.

---

Shockwave meanwhile, hung overhead in ray-gun mode, watching and waiting for the Imperial titan to topple over.

Perceptor shook his head. "I would advise against that," he told Hook. "Hoist's vessel is little more than a transport, with substandard evasive and defensive capabilities. It is unsuitable for our purposes."

"It also houses the wounded," Pointblank chimed in.

"Mm, yes - there is that to consider as well," the science officer said indifferently. "But, if our resident multi-former Sixshot wishes to volunteer, he will provide us the necessary cover while we administer the counteractant among the infected."

Imperial Landing Zone

Sprocket made a scoffing sound. "Cover our escape?!!" the Actionmaster bellowed over the intercom. "C'mon, you can't even hold your gun straight!"

Gizmo grabbed Pyro's arm and gently tugged. "No, we're helping you," he pleaded. "Please don't go. That monster will kill you."

"Yeah, don't -- erm, I mean, don't make me shoot you!"

Southwest Border

Shock-Wave's cannonade moved up along Omega Sentinel 02's chest, flicking chunks of plating away and shattering the massive Guardian Robot's visor.

A stray bolt pierced through its now-vulnerable left optic, escaping from the ventilation port on the side of the Zero-Two's head.

Still, it could not override its own programming, regardless of the system warnings it was now receiving or its impaired vision.

The blue and white giant spun its head around, revealing the turret on the opposite side, and lifted its claw-arm along with its all ready raised cannon, its three digits splaying wide open.

In rapid succession, the Omega Sentinel unleashed its full arsenal upon Shock-Wave.

Manganese Mountains

Ratchet peaked his head inside an empty living quarter - one of many along a long corridor found within the sub-level of Fortress Maximus' old hideout. And just like the rest, there was nothing to be found. No discernible threats, let alone any evidence of it recently being inhabited.

The Steelhaven captain nodded in approval. "Good."

His boot-steps reverberated throughout the ghostly vacant understructure as Ratchet made his way back down the hall toward the stairwell leading up to the main level.

Part way, Groove approached from the opposite end of the corridor, having just finished inspected the living quarters himself.

"I may as well ask," said Ratchet, "what do you think? Aside from the surprise Springer left us, I'm not finding much to complain about. But, you're the duly elected Governor of Protihex."

"It just - it just goes on forever, doesn't it?" replied Groove. "It's in a concealed location. Plenty of space for living and storage. We can set up a medical facility and there's room for a small manufactory. It even comes with its own security system...

"In a time like this, I know I should be optimistic, but -- well, it's just too good to be true."

Ratchet smiled sympathetically "Mm, I know. It's a nasty force of habit. I'm half-expecting to find a Sparkeater* lurking down here," he said. "I'm glad you like it, though."

"It will definitely do while we rebuild -- assuming they go along with it, that is." The former-Protectobot frowned. "We can't exactly force this sort of thing. The people are traumatized as it is."

The governor sighed. "At any rate -- have you heard from Brainstorm?"

"No, but thanks for reminding me."

Ratchet placed his hand over his left audio receptor. "Brainstorm? Any progress on your end?"

(OOC: * - Oh yeah, I totally went there ;))
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Road Hugger shot off in one direction as Detour's bomb package detonated in the knee that the Combaticons and Shockwave had been targeting earlier. Hyperdrive shot off in an angle, while Detour hung onto Road Hugger's steering wheel.

Road Hugger watched and was thankful that Fortress Maximus got away to safety, as Brawl and Thunderhead dragged away the last injured Combaticon...

But Dark Fleet's knee did not explode.

Dark Fleet's cannons warmed up, ready to blast the Constructicon hospital. "Target: Locked. Destruction: Imminent."

"Oh, damn it all to the Pit." Hyperdrive transformed, pulled out his bazooka, and fired off a shot.

And then Dark Fleet's knee exploded as the countdown reached zero, and the shockwaves flung Hyperdrive and Road Hugger into the air.

Dark Fleet, roaring, unsupported by the now-missing leg, fell backwards. His cannon blasts fired away into the sky. He flailed as he slammed onto the ground, chest-down. The titan attempted to regain his bearings, but with the weight of three battleships and only one leg, it was difficult.

The scores of Combaticons that resumed opening fire didn't help matters for the Imperial either.

Road Hugger transformed before he crash-landed, catching Detour in one hand. Hyperdrive was not so lucky- the impact had sent him tumbling away, crashing onto a chunk of debris. He lay there, unmoving.

"No." Road Hugger said as he rushed to Hyperdrive's side. "Hyperdrive!"

"Guess that's it fer me, Huggy boy..." Hyperdrive muttered. It was a miracle he even went this far. He's had limbs torn off, he's fought while bleeding from two dozen wounds, he's had his head shot open... it's a miracle he was still able to walk, let alone do precision speed-driving.

But the wounds had not healed. The Constructicons may have given him a new arm, patched up his head as best as they could, but the impact had torn those wounds open again... not to mention the huge chunk of Dark Fleet's hull that was now pinning Hyperdrive's chest onto the ground.

Road Hugger knew this, but he would not- could not- accept it. Detour was shouting something indistinct, but Road Hugger couldn't hear it. "Medic! Someone get the Constructicons!" Road Hugger yelled, but there was no one nearby.

"End of the line fer me..." Hyperdrive whispered. "What a way to go, huh?"

"No. No. You are going to wake up and tell him yourself. You hear me?"

"Mmm..." Hyperdrive chuckled, coughed up Energon and stopped. "Look, Huggy- Detour- you two- y'all can adapt ta peace. Me, I'm a psycho. I'm a sick psycho. I don't have a place here. In peace. Not anymore."

Road Hugger said nothing as he held Hyperdrive's hand. Detour hopped down and put his hands on him too. Detour shook his head. "We can all change, Hyperdrive. You... you fought against the Imperials. You're... you're always one of us. Decepticon, Combaticon, Sports Car Patrol..."

"Heh." Hyperdrive snorted. "I... I did good, did I? Fer Cybertron? And everybody else?"

"Yes, Hyperdrive. You did good." Road Hugger said.

"Tell... tell 'Jack... sorry..."

Road Hugger and Detour watched in silence as the life ebbed away from Hyperdrive... but, they knew that for the first time, they saw Hyperdrive with a peaceful, satisfied smile.

Hook tilted his head. "You can deal with the small details, I'm sure, Perceptor. In the meantime, I will continue synthesizing more of the cure. Long Haul, be a dear and grab Mixmaster's spare chemical samples, would you?"

Sixshot stepped towards Perceptor and Pointblank and nodded. "Let us not waste any more time, then. I am ready." The six-changer then transformed into his armoured transport mode, waiting for Perceptor to give the order to move out. "Far from me to decide scientific matters, but I would prefer we cure Ultra Magnus first."

A worthy opponent such as he should not be reduced into a rage-filled animal.

Imperial Landing Zone

"I can. Prime. Prime told me to." Pyro replied to Gizmo and Sprocket. He raised his rifle and shot off a few shots at the immobile corpse of Tidal Wave. "I'll kill- kill the monster. Be like Optimus Prime- noble sacrifice..."

Pyro didn't continue the sentence, because he had fallen into unconsciousness while standing up.

Drift glanced around. The battlefield was, for the moment, bereft of any Stormtroopers, Demons or what-have-you. The Aerialbots had cleaned up any remaining airborne Imperials, the giants are dead or away...

The former Decepticon looked up at the nearest ranking officer, which, to his position, was Skydive and approached him. "Skydive!" Drift called out. "What now?"

Southwest Border

Shock-Wave barely had time to react as the blast from the giant cannon tore a hole through his stomach, while the head turret blew one of his giant cannons apart.

As he stumbled backwards, Shock-Wave counteracted with his own barrage, opening fire with his remaining cannon, while his anti aircraft turrets opened fire, aiming their payloads at the Omega Sentinel's head.

Manganese Mountains

Brainstorm replied to Ratchet and Groove with a chuckle. "You have no idea how difficult it is to type in a keyboard triple your size. Honestly. My servos hurt in places I don't even know I own."

"Aaaanyway, Springer's left his little stockpile of weapons, and I think he's stocked up the base's med bay with medical supplies... don't even want to know where he got them from. There's apparently even parts looted from the Quintessons' Dark Guardians stashed in one of the lower hangar bays." Brainstorm shrugged. "He's probably trying to reactivate one as backup for Iacon's GADEP units."

Brainstorm shrugged, "That's about it, though. I've reprogrammed the security system, it won't fire on Autobots, Decepticons or neutrals... but I'm paranoid and I'm not switching it off just yet."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Shockwave levitated higher while he drew ambient energies towards himself, channeling them to the barrel of his ray-gun form. Darkfleet was dead-on in his sights.

"Road Hugger - I would advise you seek cover," he told the Combaticon Leader.

Fortress Maximus, weary and battle-worn, hung directly across from the former-Deception, his gaze fixed on the grounded giant. Whereas Shockwave remained calm and composed, the Headmaster's optics angrily narrowed, his teeth clenched.

The Steelhaven along with half of the city-state's population was forced to evacuate, several of his crewmen were dead, and Protihex - the home he had once sworn to protect - had been reduced to a massive exit wound.

This monster - like the rest of the Imperial invaders - would pay for it had done.

The batteries along his arms and legs flipped out from their hidden compartments and whirled loudly to life, shaking the Steelhaven captain as they charged to full capacity.

"Combaticons," Shockwave called out. "Let us--"

"NOW! WE FINISH IT!"

Fortress Maximus unleashed his full might upon Darkfleet. Shockwave followed suit, discharging an electromagnetic beam, joining his firepower with the Combaticons.

Perceptor smirked. "As you wish," he told Sixshot.

"Hook?" The science officer shifted his gaze to the Constructicon. "The ampoules*, if you would, and we will be on our way."

(OOC: * - Or darts, or vials, or bullets, or whatever you want them to be :))

Imperial Landing Zone

Sprocket groaned. "Ugh, finally! Now hurry an' load 'im up."

"I'm hurrying, I'm hurrying," Gizmo grumbled back as he attempted to raise Pyro off the ground; a task that proved to be far more difficult than expected.

He then trudged up the Mirror-Manifold's boarding ramp, the Autobot's legs wobbling under the weight of the Pyro's bulky form.

The hatch raised shut behind Gizmo and the shuttle promptly took to the air....

----

Mirror-Manifold

A small space had been cleared in the Mirror Manifold's cargo hold to accommodate and transport the wounded. It was a simple, makeshift set-up, with just a few rows of beds and shelving stocked with basic medical supplies and equipment.

Save a few empty slabs, the area was already occupied. Among the injured was Rotorstorm, weak but fully conscious. Hurricane was standing at his bedside, tending to the youthful Turbomaster.

Rotorstorm raised his head when Gizmo arrived with Pyro in tow. "Hey, Gizzy," he said dozily. "Whoa, that Pryo you got there?"

Gizmo grunted. "Nnh...Hurricane...you mind - huff - giving me a hand here?"

The Turbomaster nodded and moved over to the comparatively shorter Transformer. He worked his hands underneath the unconscious Autobot and lifted him up from Gizmo's arms.

"Careful," he whispered. "Okay - okay, I got him." Hurricane turned away and placed Pyro down on to an empty slab next Rotorstorm.

"He - he's isn't, you know, dead, is he?" The younger Turbomaster asked.

Hurricane batted the top of his head. "Don't talk like that."

"No, he's fine. All things considered," Gizmo told them. "He just didn't want to stop fighting. Said that's what Prime would've wanted him to do."

Rotorstorm snickered. "Heh, I bet he did--" He winced when Hurricane shot an icy glare at him. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!"

(OOC: And now we know where Rotorstorm and Hurricane went off to :))

Southwest Border

The discharges from Shock-Wave's anti-aircraft cannons exploded against the Omega Sentinel's head-mounted turret, destroying it.

The blue and white titan stepped backwards one gigantic pace -- then was pushed reeling back another when the massive Imperial's barrage burned through the Sentinel's shoulder, before regaining its equilibrium.

Zero-Two paid little mind to the flames now rising from its head or the jagged chunk missing from its shoulder.

The Omega Sentinel charged forward and swiped its claw at the giant gaping hole in Shock-Wave's gut -- with the intent on tearing the Imperial in two.

Manganese Mountains

Ratchet raised his brow. "A...Dark Guardian? At this point I don't care about the 'why' - I'd be more curious in 'when' and 'how' Springer managed to find the time to do any of this?"

The Steelhaven Captain waved dismissively -- a pointless gesture as Brainstorm couldn't see it. "But we'll figure that out later. Go give your hands a rest, Brainstorm, you did good," he said. "With full access of the security grid now, Cog should be able to patch himself in and go from there."

Ratchet looked back at Groove. "Now comes the hard part."

The Governor nodded. "Mm, yes, I know. Now we have to convince the refugees to move in."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Constructicon Hospital

Scrapper just nodded in agreement and left Hook to deal with the finer points of the distribution system. Dropping down on a nearby bench, he waved Long Haul over.

"It sounds like the battle is winding down," he said, because we haven't gotten a surge of wounded in, oh...fifteen minutes or so. We should rest while we can. Once our side is done mopping up, we'll spend the next two days digging deactivated bodies out of the rubble and trying to salvage them."

Shuttle Gunner went evasive asDark Fleet returned fire, and despite his bulk and poor agility he managed to use a mathematical algorithm to keep himself from being shot out of the sky.

Hate Plague Danger Zone

"My name is 'the guy who's going to climb up there and club you if you don't stop wasting his time', but no one can ever remember that so they call me Rage," the stormtrooper told Blast Off.

"I kinda like this guy," Fireflight admitted. "Treating Combaticons like shit right to their faces...awesome."

"Come down here and say that," Rage invited him.

"Uh...no thanks."

Rage sighed. "Anyway...do you guys need anything, or are you just disappointed you didn't get to snipe me like Jackpot over there?"

He chuckled as if reliving the event in his mind.

Imperial Landing Zone

Sandstorm sighed. "My guns shoot sand and it's raining," he told Broadside, "so, uh...good luck with that. I'll be over here, not getting stepped on."

As much as it galled him to sit out a fight, with both of his alt-modes broken and his weapons useless there was nothing he could do other than run up to the bigger Transformer and get himself stepped on.

"I'm not big on names," Acid Storm told Mirage. "Who I am isn't as important as what I am -- I'm a Rainmaker. If you insist on stubbornly marching into the Pit for no good reason, I'm sure you'll meet the rest of my team there." He smiled, though since he was in jet mode no one would be able to see it. "Tell them they still suck."

"Plus, it's more fun this way," Sideswipe quipped to Windcharger as he power-turned around broken bodies, leaving "SS"-shaped tire-marks wherever he could just for the hell of it.

"Seriously, I can't remember the last time I just drove somewhere. And when you turn into a car like this, I'm pretty sure that's a crime."

Skydive looked down at the Autobot that was hailing him, and automatically felt his metaphorical shields go up when he recognized Drift.

"Unless you can turn into an Omega Sentinel, there's no one left for you to fight," he told the ex-Decepticon warily. "So our next priority has to be finding the wounded. I've got a full squad of Aerialbots looking, but they're up in the sky and don't have as good a view as you do. Get moving, and if you find anyone who needs help flag them for medevac."

The Lunatic Fringe

Spinister just glared at Misfire, then gestured for the rest of the Targetmasters to follow him up the stairwell. He gestured with his fingers, indicating that Triggerhappy and Needlenose should move to the left while Misfire, Slugslinger and himself would go right.

Once they were on the surface, he kept low and crept around the building, making his way toward the front entrance while the other team headed for the back.

"Really?" Thunderwing responded disdainfully to Springer's taunts. "Childish mockery may get a rise out of the peons you usually fight, but against a person of my stature all you've accomplished is to make me feel a modicum of sympathy for how thoroughly you've just embarrassed yourself."

The shell again foiled the Autobot's attack with a well-placed forcefield, deflecting his blade harmlessly.

"Now, should I toy with you some more, or should I just put you out of my--agh!"

The traitorous Pretender was blindsided by the rushing Optimus, bowled over and dropped to the ground in a heap.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The Lunatic Fringe

Optimus wasn't about to give Thunderwing an ounce of reprieve or a shred of opportunity. He could not afford to this time...

Prime sprung up to his feet, bolted for the floored Pretender, and pulled his foot back to punt Thunderwing in the 'gut' as he lay in a heap.

---
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Road Hugger and Detour still stared in mild shock as Hyperdrive’s corpse looked listlessly at a point near their foot. Shockwave’s message jarred them from their little moment. “Acknowledged.” Road Hugger said quietly. He reached out and touched Hyperdrive’s body… bringing the body would burden them and be suicidal, yet not bringing Hyperdrive’s corpse would be an insult to their friend.

Road Hugger emptied his subspace pocket with one hand, letting close to a dozen guns, several assorted explosives and data-pads fall onto the ground, before subspacing Hyperdrive’s corpse. “Let’s roll.”

The two transformed into their vehicular forms and shot away from Dark Fleet, knowing that there was nothing they could do anymore… Shockwave and Maximus will finish the job. Their work was done here. Opening fire at Dark Fleet would be petty and a waste of their ammunition.

But Dark Fleet killed Hyperdrive.

Sir-” Brawl’s voice came through the commlinks.

“Kill it.” Road Hugger growled. His Scrapmaker minigun swiveled out of his hood, pointing backwards, and opened fire, sending slugs towards the titan’s armour. Detour’s pinprick lasers followed suit.

Dark Fleet made a gurgling roar as the raging Fortress Maximus unleashed his not inconsiderable firepower onto him, blasts tearing chunks out of his thick armour. Shockwave’s electromagnetic beam joined together with Fortress Maximus’ barrage, and the Combaticons continued their small-arms laser fire. In the air, Darkjet and Tinker recovered from their evasion, and joined in with their own attacks.

Dark Fleet’s armour started to blow apart where Maximus and Shockwave hit him, but unlike an Omega Sentinel’s blast, they were not sufficient to tear through him quickly as was the case with Tidal Wave.

Dark Fleet roared and spasmed in agony as his body was blasted apart… there was nothing he could do. He could not get up, could not transform, could not fire at his enemies while facing the ground… Dark Fleet roared and roared until one of Maximus’ blasts tore into a fuel line, which ignited the Energon within, causing Dark Fleet to explode into a massive pillar of flames.

(OOC: I could’ve sworn Hook gave Perceptor the ampoules in a previous post, but apparently he hadn’t… :glance: )

Hook nodded as he handed around a dozen ampoules to Perceptor. “They should be able to fit inside the barrel of your sniper rifle. I suppose I should not remind such an accomplished mind such as yourself not to waste your shots, mm?”

Long Haul sauntered over to Scrapper, and nodded eagerly. “I’m up for salvaging and stuff. We’re going to have to fix Bonecrusher first, though.” The Constructicon glanced at the CR chamber. “And that crazy cement truck fellow that got injured with him.”

Long Haul chuckled and shook his head as he grabbed two cans of Energon and tossed one at Scrapper, before taking a sip from the other one through an induction port near his chin. “Crazy day, huh, boss? And it’s just the first week of getting back from the dead. Or rebooted, or whatever.”

Moonjet sat up, watched as the primitives planned to cure the Hate Plague, and smiled a little. He understood now what they lacked. The Imperials had resources, had manpower, had superior weapons… but unlike these primitives, they lacked… creativity. The Cybertronian Empire was so rooted in being a legion, in being a uniform Empire, that individual ideas have been all but exercised.

Here, he saw Decepticons, Autobots, Neutrals, all working together, contributing to each other’s plans…

And, unlike the Predators or Stormtroopers or Trakkons or what-have-you, all of them… even the Decepticons… stop to pick up their wounded from the ground. With the Imperials, there was no such consideration. If you fall, you will be left behind.

And, other than the upper echelons, they were all expected to conform to an ideal. To be unquestioning, to be obedient, to be powerful killers to overwhelm the enemy. Moonjet smiled as he watched Scrapper and Long Haul talk together, as Hook and Perceptor discuss distribution methods, as Sixshot transformed, ready to transport them, as the Combaticons and Autobots and Shockwave brought down Dark Fleet outside... So different, all of them.

Yet they adapt to their situation.

Moonjet’s never thought he could be something else.

With Skyquake and Skydive dead, there were no more voices in his head. No one to force him to be a fighter.

He’s always fancied art, and thought it was a pity that every trace of a race’s culture would be burnt down in flames. Not that he’s ever spoken against it, mind you.

Moonjet fancied that he could be a painter when this is all over.

Hate Plague Danger Zone

“Right. Rage.” Blast Off replied at the Stormtrooper. He was tempted to snipe a hole through the Stormtrooper’s head, but the whole cooperation bit, and the fact that the Combaticon had a feeling he might just be able to carry out his threat, made him hold his fire. “I like him. He treats Aerialbots like shit too, so he can’t be all that bad.”

The Combaticon made an aerial shrug. “We’re just disabling them while we wait for the brain-heads to cook up a cure to the Plague. Since they’re about the only infected that are still alive, plus you… I don’t think we need anything from you… just don’t kill them.”

Imperial Landing Zone

Broadside sighed. “Why didn’t you bring a backup piece, huh? How long have you been a Wrecker? Your stupid secret weakness is rain. No wonder Galvatron got to you in that rainy day back on Earth.”

Broadside lowered his weapons, though. There were basically no more enemies to fight, and he simply stood, looking around. Maybe they should’ve followed Springer instead.

“A Rainmaker.” Mirage rolled the name in his tongue. “Not your true name, but appropriate for your abilities.”

“Very well, then, Rainmaker… I know that I have no place here or anywhere even if I surrender. Do it, then. Strike me down. Let it be known that Mirage died with dignity in battle against a worthy opponent, one who could summon down a storm of nature itself.” Mirage raised his arms wide, accepting his fate, optics fixed on Acid Storm.

“Must you do that?” Windcharger asked Sideswipe with bemusement as the other Autobot created SS-shaped tire marks.

“You’re just pissed ‘W’ is not as easy to carve on the ground compared to ‘S’.” Searchlight quipped.

“Har-har.” Windcharger chuckled. “Of course. When we turn into beautiful sleek red sports cars, it’s a crime not to flash it in every humanely possible moment, no? It’s what Sunst-” Windcharger bit his tongue. “Sorry.” He said mutely.

Drift nodded at Skydive. “Understood. The Mirror-Manifold is evacuating some of the immediate wounded, but I will continue searching.”

The former Decepticon folded into his alternate mode and shot off.

Mirror-Manifold

Pyro’s optics were still dark, but it was evident that he was still alive, just shocked into stasis lock by the extent of the injuries.

Electro at Rotorstorm as he hopped on board the Mirror-Manifold behind Gizmo. “That Pyro guy is completely nuts. Brave, insane, but completely loco.”

Southwest Border

Shock-Wave roared in triumph as Omega Sentinel 02’s head mounted turret blew up, but his roar ended in a scream as Zero-Two’s claw tore him into two through the gaping hole in the wound. His upper body was thrown by the momentum and crashed onto the ruins of what used to be an office building, while his lower body stood rooted to the spot, almost comically…

Then both parts of the bodies shuddered, and seemed to fall apart even more…

Before Shock-Wave transformed into his vehicular forms. Shock-Wave, like his mold-mates Tidal Wave and Dark Fleet, transformed into three separate Imperial cruisers. What Zero-Two destroyed was merely the central piece. Shock-Wave’s coordination was severely impaired by having his middle component destroyed, but the other two can still battle.

The two vessels banked left and right respectively, before opening fire, attempting to ignite the reactor within Zero-Two’s cannon arm.

“That’s totally cheating, isn’t it, Guzzle?” Volt yelled. “He’s going to kill the Omega Sentinel!” The Laser Rod raised his lightsaber and launched a blast of electricity at the nearest Shock-Wave piece.

The Lunatic Fringe

Misfire gave Spinister a child-like, toothy grin, before getting serious and following him and Slugslinger towards the entrance. He had no idea what Spinister was leading them to, but he killed two Imperials today in a firefight.

He felt like he was ready for anything.

Just don’t accidentally shoot Spinister or Slugslinger by mistake…

“Fine. I’ve got better things to do than to taunt you, though.” Springer replied to Thunderwing as the forcefield deflected another blow. “Killing you, for one.”

The former Wrecker pushed against the floor, the springs in his legs launching him in an angle backwards towards the Thunderwing that Optimus Prime was assaulting. He turned around in mid-air, attempting to drive his sword through the vulnerable Thunderwing shell that contained the inner robot…

Manganese Mountains

“When, I’m guessing when he disappeared for the five years or so between the Reclamation and now. Probably got the idea when he saw the Warworld get retaken by the Imperials.” Brainstorm replied to Ratchet. “How, though, I’m not sure… probably enlisted the help of drones? Or he’s probably found them nearby and just moved them through sheer Wrecker-ness. If that’s a word.”

Brainstorm shrugged. “Give my hands a rest? My hands don’t need a rest… my feet does. I’ve been hopping around the keyboard so fast I think I burnt out all my servos in my right leg. Do you think the Brainstorm of this universe keeps a spare Transector around?”
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Gravedigger hauled in another crate of Supplies

"where should I put the fragging spares you slaggers."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"Was wondering who handled my job while I helped out in freaky brain surgeries." Long Haul chuckled as Gravedigger came in. "Depends. By spares do you mean assorted parts and medical supplies, or corpses?"