[New RPG] A House Divided: Kaon (Decepticon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Northern Border, Praxus

Scorponok shrugged, indifferent. "It was a test drive, Tarantulas... he took out an entire Autobot squad as well as what, as I gathered, was one of their top commanders. Shame he didn't finish the job, but that means we get to do it ourselves, no?"

Sixshot bowed. "Once more, Creator Tarantulas, I apologize."

Sixshot felt

Dishonour?

Shame?

Anger?

At whom?

The Creators

Himself

Or

The Autobots

Yes

The Autobots

"I shall crush every living thing in Iacon as penance."
Chip1123
Protoform

Governor's Palace

Post by Chip1123 »

Clench smiled as Megatron revealed his plan. He was glad that he was getting the opportunity to prove himself and raise his station, but also that he wouldn't be in direct combat with those kind of forces.

"Right away Megatron. Two questions before I leave you." He said, pausing for a moment. "Do you already have lieutenants in mind, or am I free to pick my own? And what about soldiers who are wounded? Are we to leave them here?"
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Northern Border, Praxus

“You need not defend him so much,“ Tarantulas said to Scorponok. “It was only meant as an extra encouragement. I’m sure that Sixshot will prove his worth,” he said as he looked up at Sixshot.

“There are more soldiers like Magnus for you to crush in Iacon. Show them no mercy. The scientists are ours,” letting out his signature cackle as he threw his head back.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Northern Border, Praxus

Scorponok made a shrug. "I'm a proud parent, Tarannie. What can I say?"

Sixshot made a bowing gesture and planted his right fist on the ground. Why did he do that? He wasn't sure, but it felt right. As a gesture of... respect? Apology?

"I will prove my worth, Creator Tarantulas." Sixshot said in his deep, calm voice. "I swear by my life. If... if your desire to crush the scientists is due to a reflection of my failure... if you would give me another chance to slay them, I will do so. By my honour."

Scorponok laughed. "Don't worry about it, Six. Your uncle Tarannie's just a wee bit obsessed about revenge. He just wants to do it personally and everything."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

(OOC: I'm back! Moving went as well as you could expect.)

Northern Border, Praxus

Predacon laughed. "Religion. Right. You don't think their leaders actually believe in any of that garbage, do you? It's all just a big show for the masses. Who's going to try and overthrow you if they think it'll violate the will of their gods?" He looked over at Scorponok. "Heh. Put it that way, it's actually kinda brilliant. Once we win the war we'll have to find a way to deify Megatron, I think."

He glanced over at Hammer, smiling proudly. "Isn't it great when your creations exceed your wildest expectations?"

Replying to Tarantulas, he laughed. "Nobody is a good scientist compared to us, Tarannie. Don't try to hold them to standards that they'll never be able to meet."

Brick didn't notice Sixshot's hesitation, and agreed with the other Decepticon wholeheartedly. "I'm not a huge fan of the whole 'thinking' thing, so I figure I'll stick with the soldier job for a while."

When the Sixchanger apologized to Tarantulas again, even Brick was a bit shocked by the other Decepticon's cold willingness to obliterate an entire city. "Hey, leave some for the rest of us," he said, in a weak attempt at a joking voice.

The Nemesis, Cybertron orbit

Shockwave met Thundercracker's assertions with indifference. "I have met this Skywarp as well. His physical gifts are outweighed by his stupidity. Were he to perish, the loss would be inconsequential. As the mechs on the scene the decision will be up to you."

Starscream shrugged. "We'll see how it goes," he told the cyclops dismissively before turning to look at Thundercracker. "You mean you've never been?" he asked, feigning surprise. "Well, in that case I'll definitely have to take point until we get to the War Academy. It wouldn't do for us to get lost on the way to murder one of our own on Shockwave's whim."

Governor's Palace

"You may choose your own aides," Megatron told Clench, "from those available on-site. The pickings are somewhat slim, admittedly, as many of our best are currently deployed."

Considering the officer's other question, he stroked his chin thoughtfully. "The Nemesis has a fully-functional medical centre. Have them loaded aboard. If the battle lasts longer than expected they might become a source of valuable reinforcements once they're back on their feet."
Chip1123
Protoform

Governor's Palace

Post by Chip1123 »

"I figured as much." Clench said in reply to Megatron's comments about who would be available for lieutenants, then turned to leave.

He stopped before he reached the door, one last question on his mind. "Has the announcement been made to start loading, or shall I have the Nemesis commander make that announcement while I am on my way to them?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Northern Border, Praxus

Scorponok shook his head. "The Templar Knights would probably threaten the leaders, and they're technically the only ones that Primus allow to interact with Vector Sigma." Scorponok threw his head back in a mocking laugh. "Or, in other words, no one prior to us ever tried to hack the things."

Scorponok nodded. "We should. Although then you'll get to be part of the pantheon as Megatron's brother? That does not sit well with me." Scorponok glanced at Hammer, his visor picking up updated IFF readings. "The Vehicons are indeed doing well. Although I would've picked a name other than... 'Hammer'. Or we could give him one, just for kicks."

Sixshot turned to Brick, nodding. "I think it suits you and I best. The soldier job."

Thinking?

Should he think? Thinking only brought a sense of confusion. He was meant to destroy... and Brick, despite being a total idiot, raise a valid point.

Sixshot decided to file it in for later, chuckling deeply at Brick's attempted joke. "It is a matter of lost honour... but I shall leave you a block or three to destroy."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Northern Border, Praxus

"Don't be absurd," Predacon told Scorponok. "If we try to override his free will, it would compromise the results of the experiment and we may never see if the Vehicons have the capacity to become actual people. Do that and you might as well kill him now." He gave Scorponok a sharp glance. "And no, you can't kill him. I'm...curious."

Crossing his arms, he added, "And if you spoil my fun, I won't keep a spot open in the Decepticon pantheon open for the two of you."

"I, uh...thanks," Brick said to Sixshot, suddenly afraid when he realized that the sixchanger actually meant that and even moreso that he actually could do it if he set his mind to it.

Why do they even need guys like me around?

Governor's Palace

Megatron shrugged. "I don't know," he told Clench, turning away indifferently as if he considered such details beneath his notice. "Contact Shockwave and he will coordinate with you."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

The Nemesis, Cybertron orbit

Thundercracker shrugged. "Right. In other words, you don't care," he said to Shockwave.

He turned to Starscream and shook his head. "Not often," he said to Starscream. "Sure, I've been there on a couple of occasions, but I wanted to stay as far away from the senate and the Autobots as much as possible. No matter how nice Iacon looks." Thundercracker smiled. "Although that's going to chase soon."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Northern Border, Praxus

"Ah! Aaaah." Scorponok raised his claw, but dropped it with a disappointed expression on his face.

"Being a god in your pantheon? We're gods ourselves as it is, creating things and defying the laws of science. Well, expanding on them, at least, but to the Covenant-thumping idiots, we might as well as be doing dark magic." Scorponok shrugged.

Sixshot frowned at Brick's less than enthusiastic reply.

"Is it not the answer you were expecting?" Sixshot asked the Vehicon. "I mean no insult."
Chip1123
Protoform

Governor's Palace

Post by Chip1123 »

Clench scowled at Megatron's reply, but turned and left at his leader's dismissal.

As he walked out, he sent a message to Shockwave. "Shockwave, this is Clench. Are you already onboard the Nemesis? We need to make the announcement that all available troops are to board and be combat ready. Any bots damaged but soon repaired should report to the medcenter onboard as well."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Northern Border, Praxus

Predacon sighed. "No Scorponok, we're just breaking the laws of the Council. Science only knows one law: always move forward."

"No! It's just, I, uh..." Brick took a step back, afraid that he'd angered Sixshot and that the much bigger Transformer's wrath was incoming. "I just wonder. I mean. They made you, right? And you work fine. So why'd they make the rest of us so...you know, small and weak? Why aren't we all big and bad like you?"

Nemesis

Shockwave turned away from Thundercracker as if the other Decepticon's question wasn't worthy of his full attention. "Indeed," he told the seeker bluntly. "Skywarp's fate is irrelevant. His silence is not. How you obtain it is at your discretion."

"Typical." Starscream scoffed. Turning to Thundercracker he said, "Come on, let's get out of here before he starts telling us how your reaction is illogical."

Shockwave started to turn back towards them, but Starscream preemptively silenced him by saying, "Don't. We don't care."

Then he told Thundercracker, "Don't worry. Iacon's pretty boring, honestly. Probably less so when everyone's trying to kill you, but they're just Autobots. It's not like they'll actually be able to hurt us."

Shockwave ignored the two seekers entirely, responding to Clench.

"Indeed. I shall have the ship's medical facilities readied. The ship's ground-bridging equipment is insufficient to load your forces in reasonable time, so I shall dispatch a flight of troop shuttles to your location. I am also sending boarding instructions to all the local Vehicons who are not assigned to local guard duty. Will you require anything else?"
Chip1123
Protoform

Governor's Palace

Post by Chip1123 »

"We'll need to start sending out scouts of the Iacon area. See what defenses they have in place and how tight their security and armed forces are in the area." Clench said in reply to Shockwave.

"Also, since Obsidian is busy coordinating forces elsewhere at the moment, I'd like you to provide me a short list of candidates qualified to be field commanders. Seeing as you are familiar with the troops onboard, would you have any recommendations?" Clench said, knowing Shockwave would arrive at the most logical candidates.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Northern Border, Praxus

Scorponok shrugged. "We both know that I know that. But I like mocking the council's old-fashioned way of thinking."

Sixshot tilted his head as Brick took a step backwards. Sixshot blinked, the thought of him being perceived as a threat by the Vehicons did not compute. Yes, yes... it was... logical.

"Do not be alarmed, brother. I mean you no harm." Sixshot turned to glance at the other Vehicons. "I... do not know. I had not exactly considered that. That is a question I think best directed at the Creators, yet I feel a sense of reluctance in doing so."

Sixshot glanced towards Brick. This fool of a Vehicon is... an idiot, but he asks questions which caused Sixshot to think further.

"Indeed, now I wonder."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Northern Border, Praxus

Predacon sighed. "Whew! For a second there I thought you were starting to think just like them," he teased Scorponok. Then he looked over at the front of their group and bellowed, "Hey Obsidian, what's the hold-up? Thought you said there was more Autobot-stomping to come?"

Brick's optic band widened at the thought of asking the Creators a question. "Yeah...I think I'll leave the question-asking to you, big guy. I get the feeling that the Normals don't exactly take a liking to us war machines, but at least you they respect. Us Vehicons they'd slag as soon as talk to, I bet."

Nemesis

Shockwave responded flatly to Clench, "I have operators deploying to Iacon as we speak. I will forward their telemetry to you as it comes in. I am also launching reconnaissance flybys, but anticipate the majority of them to be foiled by Autobot defenders. Any data they produce will likewise be at your disposal."

He glanced down at his computer display, where a duty roster had loaded. "Lugnut appears to be the most experienced officer currently available to us," he told Clench. "I would recommend summoning him."

(OOC: I'm not sure there are even any other player-controlled characters left at the moment, outside of Obsidian's group.)
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Nemesis

"Right," Thundercracker said, though not directly adressing Shockwave.

He followed Starscream. "Looking forward to go to Iacon though," he said to his fellow Seeker. "Might be a boring place right now, but I'm sure that'll all chance once we get there," he said with a smile on his face."

Northern Border, Praxus

Tarantulas nodded in agreement with Predacon. "I tire of all this waiting," he spat. "This has probably been the least productive use of my time ever."
Aspiring DJ!
Chip1123
Protoform

Nemesis

Post by Chip1123 »

Clench smiled. Shockwave was always 2-3 steps ahead. It definitely helped in this situation. "Thank you Shockwave, keep me informed. Clench out."

As Clench was nearing the Nemesis, he pulled up Lugnut on his comm. "Lugnut, if you would like a chance to vent your frustrations against the Autobots and show off your combat skills, report to the Nemesis immediately."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Northern Border, Praxus

Obsidian hovered down to where Predacon and Tarantulas are.

"I am honestly unclear of the situation myself. Lord Megatron has something planned, I am sure, but all he divulged to me is to gather all the troops here; something which I have done. I am sure we shall receive our orders sometime soon." The Air Commander told the scientists.

"I... have not considered that." Sixshot told Brick. "Respect. War machines."

Sixshot frowned.

He saw nothing... wrong with being a war machine, he supposed.

But respect...

"I do not think the... 'normals', as you put it, respect me. They... fear me. The Creators... find me interesting and useful for being capable in my function." Sixshot frowned. He never thought of them like that before. Then again, he never thought much before. "For what it's worth, Brother Brick, I do respect you."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Northern Border, Praxus

"I know!" Predacon agreed with Tarantulas. "If I'd known how long we would have to wait, I wouldn't have blown up the university. Hell, even with their backwards equipment we could have invented at least six new ways to kill stuff!"

He groaned in response to Obsidian. "Bah! Stupid Megatron and his plans. I can nag him into letting us attack, if you'd like. He listens to me."

"I was tryin' to be nice," Brick told Sixshot, "but yeah. 'Fear' is what I had in mind too. The others look at you and it's like they're going to oil themselves. Me and mine, not so much."

When Sixshot said he respected the Vehicon, Brick was taken aback. "I, uh...respect you too, big guy. And not just because you're scary, like the rest of them do."

Nemesis

"I have a feeling we'll spice things up a bit when we get there," Starscream replied to Thundercracker with a grin. "Let's get going."

He looked as if he was about to transform and fly back out through the viewscreen, before realizing that Thundercracker wouldn't be able to follow him since the other jet didn't have a phase cloak.

"I, uh, guess we should find an airlock," he told the other seeker, a tad embarrassed. "Lead the way."

Governor's Palace

Lugnut -- who had been in the process of getting repaired by one of the palace's barely-adequate medics when Clench called -- responded eagerly.

"Would I ever!" he barked, jumping up from the repair table he'd been sitting on.

The medic howled in protest. "We're not done yet!"

Lugnut looked down at the very poorly-repaired armour on his shoulder, then back down at the medic. "Oh, you're done."

He grabbed the medic and tossed him through the medbay wall, then walked through the new opening.

"I'll meet you there, Clench." Wincing as he ducked through the hole, he added, "Do you know if they've got a real doctor up there?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Northern Border, Praxus

"I observe decorum and thus would not recommend it. However, I will not stop you from doing so." Obsidian told Predacon. Truthfully he was getting curious. He did not want to disturb Megatron for the sake of his perceived loyalties, however.

Scorponok shrugged. "I doubt we even need their equipment for that."

"I was trying to be... nice as well, when you put it that way." Sixshot told Brick. Nice is another word that didn't roll off his vocalizer in a natural way.

Sixshot frowned. "I doubt the Creators fear me at all. They are... smart. They know things. I doubt they would make me without making sure I will obey them... not that I have any intention of not doing so. I am... grateful for them for making me and giving me a purpose." Grateful. Another word which rolled off wrong.

"I suppose... we are all weapons. We're just built for different functions..." Sixshot frowned. "I do not necessarily like it. I would rather have you all be six-changers like me."

Sixshot's optics beamed slightly. He did not know what that... feeling is.

Satisfaction? Happiness?

"Thank you, brother." He told Brick. "That means a fair bit to me."