[New RPG] A House Divided: Iacon (Autobot)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
TLB80

Post by TLB80 »

Street

Electro suddenly turned to see a blue and orange mech standing somewhere behind him and shaking his head.

"Oh, sorry!" he shouted. "I didn't see you there!"

He walked over to the mech. "Hi, I'm Electro. Do I know you from somewhe-no wait, I don't. Ignore everything I said after "Hi, I'm Electro"."
Shine

Post by Shine »

Project M Facility

With Sky Lynx's help, Hot Spot had collected the remaining Mini-Cons scattered throughout the facility and guided them to the avian-like Transformer's transport module where protection was assured. While also dealing with the blazes, of course. Considering how he and Sky Lynx worked so efficiently together to rescue the Mini-Cons, it was only natural for Hot Spot to juggle multiple tasks all at once.

There was nothing like risking your own life to save another. Hot Spot believed that these particular situations, brimming with split astrosecond decision making and precarious obstacles, brought out the best in him—and others.

His duties completed with all the effort and energy he could have summoned, Hot Spot followed Sentinel and the other Autobots to the lift.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Maintenance Tunnels, Subterranian Iacon

"Best I could figure would be to start at the source, the anomelies," Raiku would answer, having no other real starting point. It was just a bit ironic, as this was just about the time when he'd normally be filing his reports on such things, but none of the rest of the crew was here, and he was just getting started.

Still staying alert for would-be dangers, Raiku started to move out, leading Red Alert deeper into the tunnels.

Project M

Terabolt's head would silently swivel towards Sentinel as he messed up her name, and continued to stay fixated on him until it was time to move into the elevator. She'd make smooth leaping bounds in her cat-beast form, taking up residence in a corner where she could continue to stare at Sentinel. She did note the information he'd meantioned about the communication system, logging it for later. Once the lift was finally in motion, and Sentinel unable to go anywhere, she would finally speak to him.

"Do you only bother to memorize the complicated names if it's someone you're brown-nosing?"
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Pad D-7: Prime Shuttle

First Aid arrived on the scene and immediately transformed. He ran up the ramp that led into the Prime Shuttle and had some of his tools ready. "What's his status," he quickly asked Ratchet about Zeta Prime's condition, pretty much ignoring the others that are in the shuttle. "Have you managed to stabilize him enough for us to move him to the Med Bay? What do you want me to do?"

All First Aid had was questions right now. He didn't want to start operating on a Prime without knowing what the situation was. Even the smallest mistake can be a crucial one.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Street

"Greetings Electro please allow me to introduce myself, I am called Dai Atlas." He said bowing low. "I see that you are a swordsman, I too prefer the ancient ways to the modern firearms carried by most Cybertronians." As he said this he turned to allow his polearm to be seen mounted on his back. "Are you a student of Yoketron as well?"

(OOC: for future reference he doesn't carry a spear he carries a Naginata, I'm not sure what to call it in Cybertronian terms)
TLB80

Post by TLB80 »

Street

"No, I'm one of Kup's." Electro responded. "Hey, what would you say to a sparring match? See who was trained better and all that."

Immediately after saying this, he realized he had no idea where such a sparring match could be conducted, or why he was making such an offer to a bot he just met.
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

Rapido walked slowly out of the shuttle, lost in thought and not wanting to disturb the medics. He called out to them though "It was some kind of mining chemical. We didn't get specifics - rushed out as soon as we could."

-----------------

Topspin turned and followed Sentinel. I know we're spread thin and all, and this place was supposed to be a secret and all, but couldn't we have posted a few extra soldiers down here. Could've gone a long way... Ugh. I hate this mess. This is why I prefer a strait up battle any day.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Street

"Greetings, my name is Dai Atlas" he said with a low bow. "I bear you no grudge, but if you desire a sparring match then I would be happy to oblige" Pulling out his glaive Dai Atlas assumed a fighting stance to prepare for the match. "Truth be told I am also curious to see the training methods employed by this 'Kup'. Is he new to the temple?"
TLB80

Post by TLB80 »

Street

"You just told me your name. Why are you saying it again?" Electro said as he pulled out his sword. "And, as for Kup, I haven't heard the word 'new' applied to him in a long time."

With that, Electro began circling Dai Atlas. "Challenged moves first." he said, smiling.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Room, War Academy

"It's a secret development facility known only to Sentinel, Zeta Prime and myself, and the workers there." Prowl unflinchingly told Kup, noting the fact that Ratchet and First Aid were there. "We were developing a less destructive, more controllable version of the Omega Sentinel, which would have done wonders in quelling this rebellion. Unfortunately, the facility was invaded earlier on."

Prowl shrugged, "Though, if it was any consolation, our 'Maximus' Battlesuit, as it has been so dubbed, had repelled all the intruders. The facility is in ruins, however, and we have at least one confirmed fatality."

"We're working with unknowns, Kup. I cannot guarantee anything. The enemy's size is unknown, they have a fully functional six-changer, they have a Vector computer, they have a teleporter, they have Obsidian, they have four mad scientists uninhibited by morals or logic, and I fear they have a highly competent hacker which can tap into our communications systems. That, or we are compromised."

Prowl looked at Volks as he brought up Magnus' video in the center of the room. He nodded. "Sentinel, Kup, recent intel suggests that Magnus seems to have been captured alive, thus increasing my recommendation for a rescue party."

Prowl again replied to Jazz, "I leave it to you to assemble your squad, but I do think that Topspin and the Kaonite Hytherion had been- and would- prove highly useful, the former for firepower and the latter for tactical reasons. Lest we forget, both were at Kaon with you as well."

Project M Facility

"Simply splendid work, my good chap!" Sky Lynx replied to Hot Spot. "I could not have done it better myself, and that is as high a complement you could get."

Sky Lynx padded into the lift after Hot Spot and the others.

Sentinel snorted at Terabolt's disparaging comment, not wanting to make a scene, especially not in front of Cog and Sky Lynx, both of whom are powerful warriors that really he would not like to have being pissed off at him.

"No, I remember names only if I've worked with them after a long time." Sentinel replied to Terabolt. Because of all the corrections people keep pointing out, so the names like Prowl and Sky Lynx and Cog and Kup gets drilled into his head.

"I find it much easier if I don't get attached to too many people." He added bitterly and quickly.

"Mining chemical?" Ratchet asked Rapido. "That- that explains it, then."

He turned to face First Aid, and shook his head. "Not good. He's losing consciousness. We've got a mixture of lead compounds, radioactive seaborgium, reactive species of energon and other assorted nasty chemicals running through Prime's energon fuel lines. Stabilizing him? I don't think we have the time, the poison's already leaking into his systems. We probably need an Energon Pump (OOC: the equivalent of a human heart) graft, among others."

As he was speaking, Ratchet pulled out a cylinder full of green-coloured fluid and jabbed it into Zeta Prime's fuel line. It was a stimulant drug, designed to try and force Zeta Prime to stay conscious, lest slipping into unconsciousness before he was stabilized would prove fatal.

Ratchet pinched his brow. Why him? The Prime gets hit with one of the most complicated conditions, and of all the medics in the planet? Him... All right. Calm down, calm down...

"Move him into the med bay... yes, we need to do that as soon as possible. Stabilizing him, though? Help me." Ratchet was moving, pulling out a small machine with a large vial of energon attached to it, and began pulling out a cord and attaching it into the Prime's energon systems. "Energon filter." Ratchet explained to the Prime, to put him at ease... if he could hear him. "It won't get rid of the poison completely, but it's as much first aid as we can give here."

Ratchet transformed into vehicle mode. "First Aid, load him up, and continue stabilizing his condition. I'm going into go all Blurr on the road."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Project M Facility

"Yes, I can understand that," Terabolt would answer, her voice taking on a tone that would be difficult to interpret as she spoke to Sentinel. Then it changed, taking on a more curious tone. "But you seem to know Yoketron's name well, and he does not visit the military regularly..."
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Street

"My apologies Electro it has been many vorns since I interacted with other Cybertronians" Raising his glaive over his head Dai Atlas made a quick hacking attack at Electro's head.
TLB80

Post by TLB80 »

Street

Electro just barely ducked, avoiding Dai Atlas' hacking attack. "Ooh, that was close." he said, then swung his sword at Dai's chest.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Project M Facility

"His name crops up quite a bit in conversations with the Prime." Sentinel told Terabolt. "And he made it quite, quite clear that I am not to mispronounce his name. I will spare you the details, but prior to your arriving here Prowl had managed to... drill the name into my head."

Sentinel reflexively reached to the back of his head, scowling.
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Street

Dai Atlas moved to the side to avoid the strike and swung the shaft of his glaive down towardes Electro's feet in an attempt to trip him up.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Prime's Shuttle

Zeta gave Nightstalker a weak smile. "You should start by making sure my successor doesn't drink poisoned energon," he said, joking with his guard -- something he never would have allowed himself to do were he in his right mind.

Looking up at Ratchet, he nodded. "Your reputation precedes you, doctor, but I fear your talents may be wasted in my case."

He winced as the doctor jabbed him with a hypo, but as the green fluid poured into his fuel he began to feel more alert. With a bit more energy now, he tried to pull himself up into a standing position under his own power.

"I will not be carried," he said. "It's bad enough if I die. I won't have the people seeing their Prime unable to walk under his own power."

He took a step forward, then felt a rush of light-headedness. "However," he said, "some assistance wouldn't be unwelcome."

Maintenance Tunnels, Subterranian Iacon

Red Alert was uncomfortable following Raiku's lead; in spite of the crash course that Hound had given him, he was still a raw civilian with no experience in dangerous situations like this. Not even Red Alert knew what they were walking into, and he had no idea if he would even be able to protect himself, let alone the witness.

This is a bad, bad idea, Red Alert decided. But what else can we do? Unless we can track down the people who are trying to kill him, we'll never be safe.

"How far?" he asked, his tone of voice controlled but still showing a little bit of nerves and strain. "And are we likely to run into anyone else while we're down here?"

Risking themselves was one thing, but if civilians (more civilians, he reminded himself) got caught in the crossfire things would get ugly very quickly.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Pad D-7

Kup walked out of the Prime Shuttle to give Ratchet and First Aid more room to work in. He wouldn't be of much use to them anyway and with the medics handling Prime, he could direct his attention towards other matters. "A secret development facility, huh?" Kup replied to Prowl. "You probably kept it a secret from me because things were going on down there that I would never approve of, right?" Kup kept walking. "You should've told me. Security could've been tighter and we could've prevented a loss of life."

Kup stopped and looked up. He sighed. "But I guess we can't do much about that now and we'll deal with whatever problem comes rolling out of it. It always does."

Kup rubbed his chin. "Guess we've got to prepare for the worst then. How much do you trust Volks? If you trust him enough, you should have him run a check on our systems and see if there might be a leak in our security systems somewhere. From what I read about in his file, he knows his stuff."

The news of Obsidian hit Kup pretty hard. He didn't know about that yet. He and Obsidian go way back. Even before the Quintesson War they knew each other. They fought together, slagged a lot of Quints together. He considered him a friend. He just couldn't stop wondering what made him turn on the Autobots. "The odds are definately stacked against us. That's for sure."

Then the news about Magnus came. "I agree that we have to do what we can to get Magnus out of there," Kup replied. "Though right now, sending anyone in there will be a suicide mission."

Project M Facility

"I'll go through their profiles once I'm back at the War Room," Jazz replied to Prowl. "This is going to be a tough mission and I'll need to carefully select the right mechs for the job if we want to make it out still functioning."

"I'll assist you," First Aid said to Zeta Prime. "Once inside Ratchet, you will lie down. I'll sedate you myself if you're not going to listen to me, sir," First Aid added.

War Academy, War Room

Volks continued working on cracking the files that he managed to get from the Kaon servers. It wasn't much and they were heavily encrypted, but he was making progress nonetheless. His attention wandered off for a moment though when he noticed two mechs fighting just outside the War Academy near the entrance gates.

"Uhm, commander?" He said to Prowl. "Security may not be my business, but we've got two crazy glitches fighting just outside the gates. They're going to attract some unwanted attention to us and I don't think we can use that right now."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Prime's Shuttle

"Don't say that, Prime. Do not say that." Ratchet told Zeta, not unkindly. "My talents are here to help save people, I will be damned to the fifth level of the Inferno if I give up on the Prime right now."

Ratchet almost rolled his optics (well, he would if he was in robot mode) as Zeta Prime insisted on not being carried. "Look, the people won't see you, Zeta Prime. It's a relatively short distance from here to the medbay, I have an enclosed cargo bay, First Aid is starting to give ultimatums, and undoubtedly Prowl will court-martial the scrap out of anyone who even gets a photoshoot of you hanging on my back. Besides, I think the public would rather see the Prime weak but alive, rather than, well, the alternative. First Aid, do help the Prime into my cargo bay. Ironhide, you and your security team better cover me in case some nutjob tries to finish the job."

War Room, War Academy

Prowl watched the live-stream video of Ratchet and First Aid working on Zeta Prime from Volks' feed. While not a surgeon, Prowl knew enough about medicine that if a normally happy-go-lucky idealistic airhead like Ratchet would suggest a risky procedure like an Energon Pump Transfusion... things would get out of hand.

"Kaput." Prowl spoke into a commlink. "Pharma, Fixit, Remedy, any and all medical staff, get to the medical bay and prepare for an Energon Pump Transfusion. You will be serving under Ratchet and First Aid, and obey their orders without question. This is a Code-Red emergency."

Prowl then replied to Kup with an unflinching, "No. I would not pretend that there are things down there we wished were hidden forevermore, but the real reason is security. Believe it if you will or won't." Arguing would be pointless now, and besides Prowl and Kup had better things to do.

Prowl glanced at Volks, and nodded. "He had proven himself... unexpectedly extremely helpful and cooperative, and it was to his credit that we know anything at all about the enemy's movements. He has succeeded in fulfilling most of my expectations on him."

Prowl turned to the undoubtedly-eavesdropping Volks, and said, "You heard him, start running a check on the systems."

Prowl didn't even bother correcting Kup's words about the odds are stacked against them. He had to remain calm. Make the odds turn in their direction. Which, now, involved the Maximus Battlesuit, Wheeljack and Highbrow, Smokescreen, as well as rescuing Magnus. Blaze, too, but it seemed that killing Megatron has become an impossibility, and Prowl feared that Blaze had failed...

But the odds are always able to be turned around.

"We are prepared now," Prowl told Kup, "And we have the element of surprise. Jazz is a highly capable unit, and he has familiarity with the layout of Kaon." The results would outweigh the costs, Prowl told himself, but didn't say it out loud.

Prowl replied to Jazz, "Agreed. Choose your team wisely. I believe your team should leave within the day, if you are up to it."

Prowl turned to address Volks again, and shook his head. "Thank you, Volks." The commander shook his head. What are people doing, fighting outside the gates? Unacceptable. Not after two security breaches, and with the Prime in a critical condition. "Kup, there are two people apparently engaged in what seems to be a swordfight outside the gates of the War Academy. Their IFF register as being our people. Could you give them a stern talking-to? The last thing we need right now is undisciplined, rowdy fools."
TLB80

Post by TLB80 »

Street

Electro braced himself for Dai Atlas's next attack, only to be knocked off his feet by the shaft of his glaive.

"Nice one." he said, as he picked himself off the ground. He then aimed a sweeping kick at Dai Atlas' mid-section.
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Street

Dai Atlas was unprepared for once at how fast Electro picked himself up. That being the case he only had enough time to brace himself for the kick. "Kfff, nice kick" He said shaking off the impact. "Now for something a bit more advanced." Dai Atlas began spinning his glaive with one hand then quickly made several feints at Electro hoping to disorient him, then with one quick motion he pulled the blade back then slashed at the other mech's midsection.