[New RPG] A House Divided: Iacon (Autobot)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

(OOC: Um...we don't have any medical staff, do we? Anyone interested in NPCing Ratchet, First Aid or whoever?)

Prime's Shuttle

"Hurry." Zeta's voice was calm again as he addressed Ironhide, the Autobot leader lucid again for the moment. "I don't have much time. I have much to do before I die."

If the prospect of death held any fear for him, it didn't show in his voice. He was resigned to it...or worse, maybe even welcomed it.

Maintenance Tunnels, Subterranian Iacon

Red Alert followed Raiku's lead, noting the technician's vigilant (if not paranoid) scanning of their surroundings with silent approval.

If he keeps this up, we've got a good chance of getting out of this alive.

He looked around as well, paying special attention to any areas where he personally would stage an ambush, if it was called for. After all, there might not be any enemies around now but that wasn't necessarily going to be the case on their way out. If they needed to fight their way out, knowing the lay of the land was going to be vital.

"So," he asked Raiku after he'd committed all of that to memory, "where to? Is that new scout training of yours pointing you in a particular direction?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Primes Shuttle

Nightstalker nodded .

"But there's so much left to do Sir your reforms, the new housing projects, the crime reduction programme."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

(OOC: Wasn't someone playing Ratchet? I'll move Ratchet around then.)

War Room, War Academy

"Something is wrong." Prowl muttered. "Why aren't we hailing them, Volks?" Prowl asked. He slammed down on the Autobot intercom, now that they're close enough. "Something is wrong. Ironhide, Nightstalker, Kup, report! We were unable to contact you all this while. Ratchet, get to the hangar bay. Sentinel, I'd appreciate it if you are up here right now."

"Give me some time." Sentinel replied through the intercom. "Cog is-"

"Sir, all due respect, Zeta Prime's here. Make time." Prowl barked.

"Fine." Sentinel snapped.

"Right, right." Ratchet replied to Prowl grumpily.

Honestly, as one of the more senior medics among the Autobot forces, Ratchet was a little irate at being pushed around by a paperweight like Prowl, but orders are orders, right? Why did he ever request a transfer to military medic...

Ratchet transformed, sirens blaring, as he shot off towards the landing bay where Zeta Prime was.
Ulcrain
Protoform

Post by Ulcrain »

(OOC: I dropped Ratchet)
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Project M Facility

"We need to find out of Magnus is still functioning," Jazz replied to Prowl. "If he is, his situation needs to be dealt with too. Trust has nothing to do with it." Jazz normally isn't this cold, but the safety of Cybertron, of the Autobots, was at risk and that takes priority over everything.

Jazz noticed that systems were activating Assault Shuttle. Cerebros probably noticed Jazz communication with someone else. "Commander," Jazz said to Prowl. "Is it possible Fortress has access to our channel? I thought only you, Rapido and me had access to it?"

Arsenal

Wheeljack's optics blinked a little. "Well, it was your suggestion that gave me the idea," Wheeljack replied to Highbrow. "Glad you and I both made it out of Kaon. Wouldn't know where to start on my own."

Wheeljack wlaked over to a terminal and started typing away. "Good thing we backed up most of our research. That means we aren't set back that much and we can immediately start," he said while taking in mind the idea of various types of schrapnel needle like weaponry. "Good thinking. We need to keep the element of surprise.

Wheeljack sat down. In times like these, he was always very creative. His own safety depended on it even. "You know, Highbrow. I've been thinking. We need to come up with some defensive measures too. Our energy shielding program needs some work too. We need to prevent the Decepticons from popping in here whenever they want to. I took a look arounf at the Academy's defences and well, they aren't that great."

War Room, War Academy

"Working as fast as I can, boss," Volks replied to Prowl. Hack this, hack that, Volks thought. It's a good thing I'm the best there is at what I do.

"There," he said. "Hacked my way into the onboard camera of the Prime Shuttle," he added. "From the looks of things, the Prime is not doing well."

Prime shuttle

Kup ran over to the com panel to answer Prowl. "This is Kup. We're coming in hot with the Prime down. He has been poisoned with an unknown chemical," he shouted through the com.

ooc: Ooh! First Aid is free?! Mine! I still have one slot free!:)
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Chip1123
Protoform

Arsenal

Post by Chip1123 »

"Evn our own shielding didn't do much but buy us time against that monstrocity." Highbrow replied to Wheeljack. "While it would, no doubt, be an improvement to the current shielding, it would only be effective against conventional forces." As he said the last bit, he looked up from the workstation. "Do you have anything inparticular in mind?"
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Room, War Academy

Two separate conversations. Prowl's face turned once more into an expressionless visage, as he tackled both simultaneously.

Prowl nodded, talking quickly. "Between information gathering and another powerful warrior, yes, I concur with your recommendation, Jazz. Once Prime and Cog has been... dealt with, perhaps a rescue mission is in order."

Prowl frowned. Access to their channel? Unlikely. Cog (or Fortress, or whatever he would call himself now) was not a hacker, nor was he given credentials... if it were a Decepticon, or Volks, that had access... then it hit him.

"You are correct. The Maximus Battlearmour, on the other hand, is equipped with much more sensory devices than the conventional soldier is, and such might be able to pick up snippets from our channel. Which, if he is doing so right now, I would like to say hi."

A joke. A weak joke, but dealing with an extremely emotional creature like Cog...

Emotion. Such a weakness.

While communicating with Jazz, Prowl acknowledged Volks with a nod, and mentally cursed when he saw the interior of Prime's shuttle. Not doing well is an understatement...

If he had listened, if Zeta Prime had only listened...

Fool of a Prime.

Cold as he was, an out-of-touch Prime like Zeta had no business leading a war. He was a brave, powerful warrior in his days, but now?

Walking into the enemy's base, like a complete fool...

Of course, while the logical action would be to appoint someone else as a temporary Prime (Sentinel, preferably, although Prowl was doubtful that the power would not go into his head), he would prefer that Zeta did not die at all.

Because wishing that that he died would be immoral. And that would be wrong. If pragmatic.

"Kup." Prowl acknowledged the older warrior. "Poisoned with an unknown chemical? How did this happen?" Still on-line with Kup, Prowl spoke into a nearby microphone. "Ratchet, First Aid, be advised: Zeta Prime has been poisoned with an unknown chemical. All the medical resources you need is at your disposal."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Arsenal

Wheeljack started preparing some of the machinery inside Arsenal. "I do have an idea, yes," Wheeljack replied to Highbrow, "but I don't know if it can be done."

He loaded the schematics into the machinery for the schrapnel darts and started working on the schematics for the nano EMP devices. "The energy schield that we used in Kaon was pretty much a barrier that blocked incoming fire for a limited amount of time."

Wheeljack scratched his mouth plate. "What if we could find a way for the barrier to be able to absorb the incoming fire? That way it can sustain itself. Wheeljack shrugged. "Unless it get's overloaded again off course, but at least it will last longer."

Project M Facility

"Copy that," Jazz replied to Prowl in regard to the Magnus situation. "I'll start assembling a team once I'm back in the War Room."

Jazz looked up at the weapon systems and they were still armed and ready. "We'll have to find a way to make our channel more secure too. Things we talk about are too ..... delicate from time to time."

Prime Shuttle

"Oldest trick in the book, Prowl," Kup replied. "Megatron spiked Zeta's drink.These Decepticons are going to be a real problem if we don't do something about it quick," he added. "Has Sentinel been alerted of the situation yet?"
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Prime Shuttle, landing on Pad D-7, Northeast Quadrant:

With a strained whine, Orion brought the shuttle in smoothly, if far faster than the shuttle's repulsors and landing gear were rated for, onto the landing platform. Locking down the panel, Orion turned and sprang out of the pilot's chair, hitting the door controls and looking outside for the medical teams.

"Ya got th' rahght mahndset, at least," said Ironhide. "Jus' keep addin' stuff ta yer list. Ah got so much on mahne, Ah figger Ah ain't gonna even think 'bout dyin' 'til sometahme after th' stars awl go out."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Pad D-7, Northeast Quadrant:

Ratchet watched as Prime's shuttle landed (far too quickly, which probably was because of the urgency). The medic broke at a dash towards the shuttle. Prowl's message arrived just then, and the medic cursed. Poisoned? What kind of poison?

"First Aid, get here, quick." Ratchet spoke into his commlink.

He very nearly slammed onto Orion as the door opened. "Move, move move move!" Ratchet snapped, trying to squeeze himself in with Orion at the door, urgency in his voice. "Where is the Prime?"

War Room, War Academy

"True." Prowl replied to Jazz. If Cog was listening, though.... he had to say something for his benefit. "It isn't just about our allies, if our enemies can intercept our communications, it would simply not do."

He turned to reply to Kup. "Megatron spiked Zeta's drink." Prowl repeated, and shook his head. He fell for such an obvious trick? Prowl bit his lip. Kup, at least, had to be informed on some matters. "Ratchet and First-Aid should be there. They are the best medics we have. Sentinel's on the way up now. One of our... well, contingency facilities, Zeta Prime would know, had been under attack. Also, in a rescue mission, Magnus has been defeated, possibly killed, by a sixchanger. Jazz is assembling a rescue team now."

"Sentinel, are you getting this? Zeta Prime has been poisoned by Megatron." Prowl replied to the military leader. "We need you topside now."
Chip1123
Protoform

Arsenal

Post by Chip1123 »

"I've never seen that theory done on such a scale before." Highbrow replied to Wheeljack. "It is theoretically possible, of course, but..." Highbrow trailed off, thinking for a moment, "I think Command will want to know about that one before we jump headfirst into it. It will cost a lot to acquire the necessary components."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Brave Maximus

Omega Supreme

Post by Brave Maximus »

Ginrai shrugged a bit, when he was told that Omega Supreme would likely not respondm and muttered something about being 'worth a try'. He perked up when Smokescreen mentioned their similar origins.

"Was he actually used? I mean.... did he kill anyone?"

Ginrai wandered around a little bit, looking at the hallway and imagining someone wandering around inside of him....

"Ummmm does it bother him having us..... inside of him? This is pretty personal, wouldn't you think? Or... does he even notice?"

Project M

Fortress looked up at Sentinel's words:

"Save the world?"

He then followed Terabolt's words - he wasn't sure if it would ignite a fire in his Spark... but saving the world... that's what she would want. Maybe, if he did something truly good, truly worthwhile... he might get to...

"Yes... we can save this world. We can stop those that hurt and kill and enslave. I will not allow this to happen again. I will stop them Sentinel. For her... and for the one you lost.

"But I promise you Sentinel, I will not allow what happened to my people to happen again. That is a promise."

Fortress looked around at the debris, stretching out with his sensors and then spoke up to Sky Lynx:

"You can take the wounded into the cruiser - I'll open up the medbay for you.

"You still haven't answered me Sentinel - how did they get here? We were supposed to be safe.... and who is this Magnus?"

(OOC: I figured the Maximus' systems would just be able to hear Jazz and register the threat...
Though maybe the Maximus was pre-programmed to scan all open frequencies in the area...)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Project M

"Yes, we save the world. Prevent this from happening again, like what the ch- like what There-a-boat said." Sentinel told Fortress. Damn it, what was the Temple chick's name? He thought it was something close enough to 'There-a-boat', but...

Why can't people all have simple single-syllable names like 'Cog' or 'Prowl'?

Sentinel said in a louder voice, to drown his earlier sentence in case Terabolt got pissed off. "Yes, we have to stop them. I won't let this happen to my people as well. But-"

"Sentinel!" Prowl's voice rang out in Sentinel's commlink frequency, loud enough for those around him to hear.

"I'm on my way there, Prowl." Sentinel said, "Walk with me, Cog. I'll explain on the way. Sky Lynx, join us after you help the wounded. The Prime is... dying."

Sky Lynx said something in the affirmative as he made his way to the medbay, and Sentinel began walking at a brisk pace towards the elevator to the surface, expecting Cog, Terabolt, Jazz, Topspin, Hot Spot and the rest to follow.

"We're not sure." Sentinel admitted, and began speaking out loud, for Cog's benefit as well as the others around him. "Our best hacker, Yolks, is working on how such a sensitive information -- something that's only known to Prowl and Zeta Prime aside from the two of us -- managed to get leaked out. I suspect an inside job, either a disgruntled Minicon or someone in the communications network."

Which would be impossible. Their communications network is run by a single system, a single system that refused to compromise...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Prime Shuttle, landing pad D-7:

Orion moved out of Ratchet's way and pointed towards Zeta and the others. "Back there. He's in bad shape."

Ironhide looked up as Ratchet stormed into the shuttle. "Hope there's more'n just you."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Prime's Shuttle

(OOC: I don't think anyone has First Aid, so if you'd like to use him that would be great, Springer)

Zeta nodded sadly," I know," he told Nightstalker. "Trust me, I know. And if I am to die, I must ensure that the Matrix passes to one who will continue my work...nay, better it!"

He smiled weakly to Ironhide and said, "I felt the same once, old friend, but I fear the choice may have been taken out of my hands."

He watched as Orion charged out to find the medics, and waved Ratchet over.

"Here."

Omega Supreme

Smokescreen nodded sadly. "Far too many," he told Ginrai. "Far too many. He and his brothers were built in a moment of desperation, when the Destrons had overrun all of the outer system and begun taking parts of Cybertron itself. The Supremes were used as mobile siege engines, flying castles with enough firepower to destroy entire fleets and enough internal space to carry entire armies. They turned the tide, and the Destrons were defeated...but no one had given much thought to what would happen to the survivors after that. They 'weren't fit for civil society', apparently, these monsters of High Command's own creation."

The contempt in Smokescreen's voice grew more and more evident as they walked, as he explained the atrocities that had been inflicted on the Autobots' ancient supersoldiers.

"So Nova Prime just...left them there. Abandoned them in orbit of whatever world they happened to be at. He refused to transfer the Supremes' sparks into bodies that could actually interact with their fellow Autobots, insisting that they needed to keep them in reserve 'just in case'. What happened after that was pretty much what you would expect. Abandoned, alone and bereft of purpose for thousands of years, the Supremes shut themselves down one at a time. Omega is the last of his kind."

A low rumble echoed down the halls as he finished talking, though it was so subtle that Smokescreen wasn't sure whether he'd gotten a reaction from the living space station or if the environmental systems were just booting up.

Thinking about Ginrai's other question, he shrugged. "Well, in theory Omega would be used to having people aboard him. It's what he was made for, after all. But in practice, it's been such a long time..." He trailed off, then chuckled. "Well, honestly I hope he does mind. If he speaks up to tell us to go away, at least then he'll be talking to us."

He made a resigned noise. "But since it doesn't seem like he's going to, I think we should visit his spark chamber."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Prime's Shuttle

Nightstalker nodded sadly

"We'll do whatever it takes to help make them happen."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Zeta Prime's Shuttle

Ratchet nodded as he moved past Orion and knelt down next to Zeta Prime. He gave Ironhide a glare. He wanted so much to spit out a stream of angry retorts, but considering current company and the current situation, he settled for a considerably tame (if not less sarcastic): "Of course there is more coming."

"Zeta Prime." Ratchet said by way of greeting. "I'm Ratchet, medical officer. Military. I'm going to try figure out what's poisoned you." Ratchet opened his medical kit, and pulled out a scanner, and with a stern expression on his face began moving it over Zeta Prime's body.

His stern expression became even more pronounced as the scanner almost instantaneously returned with a reading.

Ratchet pulled out a syringe and with a quick, deft movement extracted a small sample of Energon from one of Zeta Prime's visible neck veins, and placed it into the analyzer in his wrist.

Both the scanner and the analyzer gave the same results: Lead compounds, saturated energon fumes, near-fatal level of radioactive seaborgium...

"What happened to him?" Ratchet demanded as he turned to look at Ironhide. "The poison levels in his body is off the charts! First Aid, I need you here. We may need an emergency Energon Pump graft. If you see Kaput or Pharma, drag them with you as well. Hurry hurry hurry! It's the Prime!"

He looked down at Zeta Prime. An Energon Pump graft... hopefully they might be able to pull it off. The poison is not the only issue... Prime's protomatter is already old, and some of the technobiology -- those odd bits and ends that can't simply be replaced by something built in a factory -- have been... well, lacking of maintenance...
Springer85
Protoform

ooc: sweet!

Post by Springer85 »

War Academy, Med Bay

"I'm on my way," First Aid replied to Ratchet. "I've taken the liberty to prep the med bay for Zeta Prime's treatment." First Aid transformed and sped off towards Pad D-7.

Prime Shuttle

"Ratchet's here," Kup replied, "First Aid isn't, but I'm sure he's on his way."
Kup listened to Prowl's debrief and shook his head. "Things sure spiralled out of control pretty quick." He paused for a moment. He definately didn't like what he heard so far. The Prime down, Magnus in enemy hands and what was this about a contingency facility? He had even more questions now than he had before.

"You're going to send in Jazz to retrieve Magnus, huh?" Kup said. "You better bring him back instead of having him killed, Prowl," Kup added sternly. "And you're going to tell me everything about this contingency facility when I get back.

War Academy, War Room

"Commander," Volks said to Prowl. "I've managed to obtain some images of Magnus from a video feed in Kaon. Loading it up on the main screen right now." Volks turned around in his chair and showed it to Prowl.

"As you can see, Magnsu was still functioning, though barely, and being carried by Sixshot. Sixshot's trajectory indicates that he was heading towards the Governor's Mansion at that point. It's safe to assume that Magnus is still there."

Project M Facility

"Don't think that he heard much of our conversation," Jazz replied to Prowl, "but it never hurts to be sure." Jazz followed Sentinel and the others. "I'll be up in a few cycles. I'll start recruiting the mechs I need for the mission when I'm there. Any suggestions on field operatives?"

Arsenal

Wheeljack sighed. "One of the reason I left Iacon was so that I could avoid all the administrative mess that I had to go through to get things done and I get the feeling Prowl doesn't mind either," he said to Highbrow. "I get the idea that he prefers safety over protocol anyway."

Wheeljack spun around in his chair. "From what I've seen so far in this facility, some of my old inventions are stored here too. I'll disassemble those and get the components that I need to improve the energy shield," he said. "Did they want drones too? I can't remember..."
Aspiring DJ!
TLB80

Post by TLB80 »

Street

Electro sped down the street. He was probably breaking some speed limit or other thingamajig.....but really, who cared?

It's not like they could catch me anyway. he thought, as he suddenly braked and transformed to robot mode, outside the War Academy.

(OOC: Haven't got much ideas for now.....so I'll just introduce him and let events play out for now.)
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Street

Dai Atlas emerged from the shadows of a quiet alley where he had been in quiet contemplation for the past few solar cycles. Looking about he was almost run over by a gold car racing along the road. "Please be careful where you are going, you might hurt yourself or someone" he said to the hotrod as it shot past him. Shaking his head he muttered "Too much of a hurry to enjoy the journey."

(OOC: I thought going along with Springer's idea Electro could get into a sparring match with Dai Atlas)