[G1 RPG] Terminus: The Dark Messiah (Crystal City)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge, Fearless

"'Aware'?" Starscream asked Gigatron pointedly. "Do you think I've had my head burrowed so deeply in the sand that I could have missed a Warworld showing up in orbit? I'm perfectly aware -- aware that we're embroiled in a mess that you made, Gigatron. And since you're obviously not calling just to chat about how happy we both are that Megatron is gone, you must think that you can talk me into saving you from the fate that you've so rightly called down on yourself. So go ahead...make your pitch. It'll be good for a laugh at least."

Meanwhile, at the back of the room Cyclonus was sending out commands to the ship's ground troops, getting them ready to deploy.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Bridge, Fearless

Gigatron grimaced

"I see power hasn't changed you Starscream. I had a moment of madness where I thought we could put the petty secretarian violence behind us and work together. Well goodbye enjoy your rule I'm sure your brief moment of glory ruling over a kingdom of corpses living on a burnt cinder of a world before the Imperials hunt you down like a Turbofox and Thunderwing takes your head will be enjoyable."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Bridge, Fearless

One claw on the wheel, the other limp on his side as he leant slightly backwards as if navigating a warship didn't require quite that much concentration, Scorponok glanced at Gigatron.

"Starscream being his usual self, I take it?" Scorponok growled. "Call Astrotrain, then. He should be receptive." (OOC: They didn't know Astrotrain is RIP, right?)
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge, Fearless

(OOC: They do now! :D)

"Astrotrain is dead," Soundwave said flatly, the first words he'd spoken since the channel had been opened. "And Starscream -- in spite of his bluster -- knows perfectly well that he needs to help you if he wants to keep his own followers from revolting. Say what you need from us, Gigatron."

Starscream glowered at him, but if the communications officer noticed, he didn't let it bother him.

"Yes, by all means," Starscream agreed, saying each word is if it was made of acid and burning his mouth. "Tell us what you want."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Bridge, Fearless

"Astrotrain dead." Scorponok muttered, then shook his head. "Pity that."

Not that he would be lasting any much longer, mind...
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Bridge, Fearless

Gigatron replied cooly and calmly.

"2 things ships and troops. We need to take out the Imperial Fleet and crush their ground incursion. Plus of course if any of the Imperial ships happens to stray into range of those nifty gadgets the Constructicons have been working on ."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge, Fearless

Starscream sneered. "Well gee, Gigatron, I'd love to help you out with that but someone trashed the military annex while I was gone so we're fresh out of starships."

He glanced sidelong at Soundwave and asked, "What 'nifty gadgets' are he talking about?"

Soundwave shrugged slightly. "It's easier to show you than to explain it." Turning to Gigatron, he said, "If you can lead the Warworld so that it travels above Polyhex, we can do what you ask."

"And I suppose we can spare some ground troops," Starscream said reluctantly. "I wouldn't want them to get too bored, after all. Where do you need us?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Bridge , Fearless

Gigatron clenched his fists.

"Just send them to Protihex and tell them to head towards the sound of gunfire."

Gigatron muted the coms link

"Scorponok see if you can get the Warworld to chase you over Polyhex but you better take it via the asteroid belt and Unicrons head theres no sense relying more than we need on Starscream."

He turned to Barricade

"see if you can raise an Autobot on a com link we're going to need to co-ordinate."

He unmuted the com to Starscream.

"See you in Protihex."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge, Fearless

"Oh, believe me," Starscream sneered, "I'm looking forward to it."

He cut the channel before Gigatron could respond.

Finished giving out orders, Cyclonus turned to Gigatron and said, "Not to point out the obvious, but he's probably going to try and kill you as soon as you turn your back on him. I've got two gestalt teams ready to join us on our shuttle. Would it be...impertinent to make sure he got stepped on at the first opportunity?"

(OOC: To add some extra gestalty goodness to the fight I'm dragging the Terrorcons along as NPCs.)
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Gigatron nodded

"let us just say that his demise accidental or otherwise would not overly distress me. Just make sure its permament."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Bridge, Fearless

Scorponok shrugged as he leant on a row of computer panels, one claw on the steering wheel. "What a pain in the aft, that Starscream. You guys do know his spark is immortal after that Underbase whatnot, yeh? Never a permanent death with him."

Scorponok shrugged. "Polyhex, right."

Barricade looked up to Gigatron, "Contacting Autobase now... this is the Decepticon shuttle Fearless contacting Optimus Prime. Gigatron wishes an audience."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Bridge Fearless

Gigatron shrugged.

"ok make sure he comes back as a micromaster."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge, Fearless

Cyclonus scoffed. "No one's immortal, Scorponok. There's always a way. I'd be willing to bet that a blast from the Matrix would sort out this silly 'can't be killed' problem pretty quickly, if we could arrange for him to trip and fall into Thunderwing's line of fire..."

Then he told Gigatron, "I'll be in the shuttle bay, briefing the troops. Please don't take too long with Prime -- the Warworld will be in firing range in eight minutes."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Bridge, Fearless

Scorponok shrugged, "Probably, Cyc, but that's your problem. Mine is a gigantic moon-sized warship that's coming into view in, oh, five minutes. Good hunting."

Turning to Gigatron, Scorponok asked, "Why don't you take the communicator into the shuttle with you, Gigatron? We can't risk the Warworld opening fire on us with you onboard."

"Can I come with Gigatron?" Barricade asked. "Please?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge, Fearless

Cyclonus looked down at Barricade (literally, but not figuratively).

"I won't patronize you by saying that it's going to be no place for someone your size, but the battle definitely won't be Micromaster-friendly. If you're sure you can handle that, come with me."

Nightstick scoffed. "He's taller than me," the Nebulan groused. "Why don't you care if I can handle it."

"You're a gun," Cyclonus told him bluntly. "The worst that'll happen if you can't handle yourself is that you need to hose the vomit out of the inside of your armour when we're done."

"Lovely image," Nightstick grumbled. "Thanks for that."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Bridge , Fearless

Gigatron looked at Scorponok

"Don't forget your Vampires and Mosquitoes, you've got 11 of each in the hangar bays thanks to engineering plus the 2 Special operations variants of which we will take one.

Floating inside the Asteroid belt

Whisper scanned his tactical screen before opening an encrypted com link.

"Fearless this is Hammerhead are you recieving me over?"

He checked the radar to make sure the rest of his patrol was in position.

Shuttlebay Decepticon space station Vulcan.

Jury Rig stood with his hands on his hips.

"I don't care if they're not finished patch them up the best you can we're sending everything out. Anything that can be piloted and that we can strap a weapon onto up to and including the garbage scow now hop to it."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Bridge, Fearless

"It's just a conversation, Optimus Prime. Lord Gigatron just wishes to talk to you." Barricade's told Optimus Prime, glancing at Gigatron. "Sir, this is Optimus Prime on line one."

Barricade looked from Cyclonus, at Scorponok and then back at Cyclonus. "I'll take my chances there, sir." The watch commander said as he hopped down from the chair, holding the communications device. He wants to win. He needs to win. And a suicide run, as evidenced by the fact that Scorponok seems to be losing it, Barricade was more than convinced that going into the eye of the storm was the safer option.

(OOC: Opskids, Vampires and Mosquitoes are fighter jets or something similar, I presume?)

Scorponok nodded, still grinning, at Gigatron's words. "Don't blame me if none of your toys make it out in one piece. Which includes this Fearless. So we better kill off Starscream, so you'll have a base to call your own."

Whisper's voice came in. Scorponok briefly recognized the Micromaster's voice, the one who had betrayed him before... and ignored that fact. All Decepticons now. "I read you, Hammerhead. Are you in position? I will draw the target towards the asteroid belt if you are."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

http://tfarchive.com/rpg/site/ships/fearless?s[]=fearless

(see above for details but basically yes)

Gigatron looked at Skorponok

"if you waste resources and squander the tools i have provided I will certainly lame you if on the other hand you fight bravely and to the best of your ability then you have nothing to worry about Skorponok."

Gigatron replied to Optimus

"Good day Optimus I thought it was time to set aside our differences to face a common enemy much as we did when we reconquered Cybertron."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Bridge, Fearless

"You and I both know I'll do my best to kill these Imperials, Gigatron." Scorponok told the Decepticon leader. "Though I don't rate my chances for survival high, I'll drag as many Imperials as I can to the Allspark. If all else fails, I'll ram this warship straight into the heart of the Warworld. So long as you and Cyclonus do your part."

Scorponok raised a claw in a salute as he turned away from Gigatron and watched as the Warworld began to loom in the distance. "Gigatron, Cyclonus, all of you... it's been an honour serving the Decepticon cause. I think it's time that you leave for Protihex."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge, Fearless

"Good luck, Scorponok," Cyclonus said to the evidently resigned-to-death Decepticon. Then he walked off the bridge, with Nightstick and presumably Barricade in tow.

As they rode the turbolift down to the hangar, he spoke into his comm, "Sandstorm, Hun-grrr, what's your status?"

"Gnnn...all Terrorocons assembled," Hun-grrr replied.

"We're ready," Sandstorm told him nervously. "Our...upgrades are installed, but they haven't been field-tested yet."

"They will be soon," Cyclonus told the Battle Gaia team's leader. "I know these aren't ideal circumstances, but I'm sure you'll perform admirably."

"Thank you, sir," Sandstorm responded. "We won't let you down."

Hangar Bay, Fearless

Hun-grrr glared at Sandstorm.

"Drrr...stop that," he said.

"Stop what?"

"Looking up to Cyclonus," Hun-grrr said. "Ghhh...he's nothing but Galatron's bootlick. He doesn't deserve your respect."

Sandstorm shrugged. "Are you sure that the Cyclonus you know and the one I know are the same person?"

"Nnnn....no," Hun-grrr admitted. "There I times that I wonder." He set his jaw. "There are also times where I wonder if he's just gone mad. Drrr...don't put too much faith in him."

"Too late," Sandstorm whispered softly to himself.