[G1 RPG] Terminus: The Dark Messiah (Crystal City)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Bridge, Fearless

"Starscream is in command?" Scorponok resisted the urge to scoff at the notion, for he had nearly been killed by the air commander himself a long time ago, during the whole Underbase fiasco.

"I say contact Starscream now, establish the fact that we want both factions to join forces. Make sure he knows that. Otherwise he may use his insecure, newfound position as an excuse to launch an attack on us."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge, Fearless

"He'll try to work against us no matter what we do," Cyclonus interjected after Scorponok had spoken. "But I have to say, this is a great opportunity for us. Starscream is no Megatron. He's a schemer, not a charismatic leader. His troops might follow him, but I seriously doubt anyone would really care if we put a particle beam through his spark."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Bridge, Fearless

Gigatron nodded

"The situation is bound to be fluid and loyalties will not be set in stone as you say this will be a never to be repeated opportunity. Barricade open a coms channel to the Red Coms link. The use of that will underline the gravity of the situation."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Bridge, Fearless

"Agreed. During my tenure as leader in the past, my troops threatened to skin me for accepting Starscream back into the Decepticon ranks." Scorponok let out a harsh chuckle at the memory. "No sense dwelling in past mistakes, but I think we could convince Soundwave or someone else to do the deed."

(OOC: Reusing Barricade for this one post)

Barricade had no idea what Gigatron meant, but he obeyed nevertheless. Entering the 'Red Coms' channel into the computer, Barricade connected the necessary frequencies. "Done, sir." He told Gigatron.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge, Fearless

"I doubt we'd have much trouble," Cyclonus agreed with Scorponok.

Since Gigatron was occupied with his communications, the duty officer came up to Scorponok and Cyclonus.

"Sirs?" he said. "You need to see this."

The officer was keeping his voice down as best he could, but it was obvious that he was very on edge.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Bridge, Fearless

"What is it?" Scorponok asked the duty officer, not bothering to intimidate the smaller Decepticon because he seemed so unnerved. "Speak."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Bridge , Fearless

Gigatron drummed his fingers as he waited a response from the hotline.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge, Fearless

"Sirs, there's something coming toward us over the horizon," the duty officer said. He barely even noticed Scorponok looming over him, he was so frazzled. "Something very, very big."

He tapped a few displays on a nearby console and a series of sensor returns showed up in mid-air, projected by the bridge's holoprojector.

"They've destroyed much of our global communications and surveillance network," the officer continued, "so I can't task a satellite to get a closer look. It's trying to keep the planet between us, but from the glimpses of it that we've gotten I can tell you that it's massive, spherical and headed straight for us on an intercept course."

Cyclonus set his jaw and scowled.

"The Warworld."

"Yes, sir."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Bridge, Fearless

Scorponok scowled. "The Warworld." He repeated. "Gigatron, did you hear that? The Warworld is here."

The same Warworld that was taken from us, Scorponok thought darkly. The one that was taken by that traitor Afterburner. Scorponok knew the power of the Warworld, the sheer size -- Trypticon's city mode could easily fit in one of Warworld's exhaust ports.

"Bring it." Scorponok said, slamming his claws together, optics narrowed.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Bridge, Fearless

Gigatron dropped the phone.

"All hands to Action Stations,Initiate Attack plan omega 13."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge, Fearless

"Are you certain that's...wise?" Cyclonus asked Gigatron. "The Warworld outguns us at least tenfold, and we don't have enough air troopers onboard to make up the difference. An attack run on them is tantamount to suicide."

Half of the bridge crew started to carry out Gigatron's order, while the others looked between him, Cyclonus and Scorponok with looks of abject horror on their faces.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Bridge, Fearless

"What do you suggest, then?" Scorponok asked Cyclonus as he made his way to the main gunnery station and shoved away the Decepticon manning it before taking the post for himself. "Infiltrating it? We should have schematics of the Warworld, we should know what in the name of Alpha Prime are the weak points of the Warworld."

Scorponok narrowed his optics. "Alternatively, we could tell Starsceram about the Warworld and have the Imperials kill the thrice-damned traitor for us."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Bridge , Fearless

Gigatron narrowed his optics.

"What other options do we have, this plan will hopefully let us lure it into close proximity to the asteroid belt where we have sowed some surprises."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Bridge, Fearless

Scorponok chuckled. "Surprises? I hope you don't mean just Trypticon. Powerful as Citycons are, and I should know, he won't be much of a match against the Warworld except to blow a little bit off the exostructure. The old Warworld proved that."

Scorponok snorted, "Let's hope the Fearless had more luck than Trypticon."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Gigatron steepled his fingers.

"You can hide a lot in debris or so the Wreckers tell me." Gigatron chuckled

He turned and surveyed the main view screen.

"We have mines , Plasma torpedoes and of course all the kit the space station has been churning out , the factory ship we captured has been churning out all kind of goodies."

Gigatron picked up the Red phone

"that reminds me I have a call to finish."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge, Fearless

Cyclonus hissed.

"That's exactly what they want us to do, Gigatron," he told the Decepticon leader. "They'll kill us if they can, obviously. But they've got ships to spare. If we lure the Warworld into a deathtrap they won't miss it."

He crossed his arms. "But the hour that we spend chasing them? That's enough time for Thunderwing to finish off whatever defences that Spinister and the natives have put together in Protihex. He'll kill them all, and then he'll go to ground and we won't see him again until Cybertron is an Imperial slave world. This is our last chance to stop him, Gigatron. Thunderwing can't be stopped while the Matrix is in his clutches, and you and I are the only ones who can wrest it from him."

Cyclonus took a step into Gigatron's personal space, his optics burning with a light that could only be seen in those who'd truly been touched by the Matrix...or those who were truly insane.

"Leave the Warworld to Starscream, like Scorponok says. We have a more important destiny, and we can't afford to be delayed by petty vengeance."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Bridge, Fearless

Gigatron gripped the phone hard

"I am attempting to contact Starscream, someone get Trypticon on the a coms link and while the Warworld is chasing us the question is rather academic."

He checked the monitor

"If it is just a question of our presence we could take a stealth shuttle to the surface and leave Scorponok to deal with the Warworld."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge, Fearless

"A worthy idea," Cyclonus admitted. "But we should pack in Battle Gaia and as many other ground troops aboard the shuttle as we can fit. They won't be any use in a space battle, but they could make a significant difference in Protihex."

Suddenly, Gigatron would hear his receiver buzzing in his ear, indicating that a response was incoming from Darkmount. If Gigatron activated the visual component of the transmission a hologram of Starscream would spring to life, reclining decadently in a throne that was one size too large for him while Soundwave stood by his side like a silent, motionless gargoyle.

"Gigatron," Starscream said in a more confident version of his familiar shrill whine, "What a pleasure to hear from you again. I assume you're calling to congratulate me on my promotion?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Bridge, Fearless

Gigatron nodded

"yes, yes congratulations. I assume you are aware of the Imperial situation?"
Blackjack

OOC: Let's see if I can pull an 'on the edge of extinction'...

Post by Blackjack »

Bridge, Fearless

Scorponok was visibly aware that Gigatron and Cyclonus were excluding him in the planning, but he found that he didn't really care. The Decepticon Matrix was their... thing. Only they understand it. Although Scorponok was about to bodily separate the two when Cyclonus got close, he was thankful it didn't come to a fight.

Scorponok laughed when Gigatron suggested leaving him to handle the Warworld.

The old Scorponok, the one that was brought to life by that madman Lord Zarak before finding sentience and scaring the crap out of that squishie, would've blanched at the idea and might have beaten Gigatron to the ground for suggesting that.

But Scorponok has been through a lot. He's a fearless Decepticon. Yes, he is a Decepticon, a former Decepticon Leader, in fact. He's faced down Unicron, tearing into the dark god's leg. He will not be cowering from a larger enemy. He will NOT.

And he'll be doing this to save Cybertron, the Decepticons and everyone else...

Scorponok let out a loud bark of laughter as he strode up dramatically, and made his way to the main navigation section of the Fearless.

"A good suggestion, Gigatron, Cyclonus. Good hunting. I will handle the Warworld. Go kill Thunderwing."

The Decepticon pushed away the Decepticon manning the main navigation section. Gigatron and Starscream's conversation was but background noise now. The Headmaster gripped the steering handle in his claws, optics bright and shining. So this was why Autobots were so ready to die every time.

It was time, then. Optimus Prime was right after all.

Redemption.