[G1 RPG] Terminus: The Tempest (Protihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Battlefield

"Gigatron will be on his way," Spinister assured Sixshot. "He'll know what to do. All we can do for now is hold the line and try not to get ourselves killed."

Spinister transformed to robot mode and settled down on a rooftop. He looked around, more than satisfied with the view he had.

"The tallest building in ten blocks," he said. "This will do nicely."

"We're not heading back into the fight?" Singe asked, sounding almost disappointed.

"No," Spinister told him. "We're staying here. Hairsplitter is transforming to weapon mode and you're going to augment him. Then we're going to disappear, and I'm going to put a hole through the head of anyone who tries to give orders in Thunderwing's absence."

"Well...OK," the Nebulan agreed grudgingly. "As long as there's going to be killing."

"Don't you worry," Spinister assured him as they disappeared. "There's going to be a lot of killing."

Ultra Magnus tried to bull rush his way through the veritable wall of Imperial troops, but even his immense power had it's limits. Half-way through the formation he was upended, sending his passengers flying from his trailer as he crashed down onto his side and skidded to a stop against a ruined building.

A dozen Imperials swarmed in his direction, and even as he started to transform he knew he wouldn't have time to bring his weapons to bear.

Crankstart roared up beside Topspin, his dual machine guns spitting more hot lead than they'd seen in the last decade in an attempt to keep the encroaching Imperials at bay.

"You alright?" he asked the Autobot. "I'm not a big fan of this 'fighting' nonsense, so don't tell me I'm wasting bullets trying to protect a corpse!"

Onslaught was having a bit more luck than the others, but not much. Breacher and Firetrap had fallen into formation with him and were doing a good job of picking off smaller Imperials, while the Combaticon leader's own heavy cannons were keeping the larger ones at arm's length. But whatever progress they were making, it was fleeting. Steelshot, Payload and Brimstone had been blasted by enemy tanks, while Tailwhip and Windburn had been cut down by enemy snipers. Tomahawk and Vortex had been forced to land, cutting off his close air support entirely. Meanwhile their fighters -- along with Needlenose and the handful of jets that the Autobots had brought -- were fighting a losing battle against the enemy's dogfighters. Brawl and Crankstart had disappeared entirely, Swindle had fled like the coward he was and Combaticons' light ground troops were nowhere to be seen, either dead or pinned down and taken out of the fight. Even with the Decepticon and Autobot reinforcements joining the fight, even with Thunderwing taken out of the picture, the Imperials still had his men outgunned twenty or thirty to one.

Onslaught fancied himself a tactical genius, but there was something to be said for sheer weight of numbers. Sometimes it didn't matter how smart you were, if the enemy was willing to bury you alive under a mountain of corpses.

Not that I'll make it easy for them...
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Rooftops

"They are responding!" Detour whooped in joy. "The Steelhaven, it's responding!"

"Perfect." Road Hugger replied to Detour, nodding absent-mindedly as he lined up Chopster with an Imperial jet divebombing Onslaught's position below, then ducked as the reply came in hot lead that tore the rooftops' edges. "But in case you haven't gotten sight of our position, we may have to move soon. Reply to them."

"Got you." Detour told his partner. "Cog, this is... ah, Detour of the Decepticons and Road Hugger of the Combaticons. Protihex is under siege by Imperials. We need all the men we can get." Glancing at Road Hugger, he cocked his head. "Where do we need them?"

"I have no clue. I am no strategist." Road Hugger replied, then opened his comm channel to Onslaught. "Fortunately, I know one. Boss? This is Road Hugger. Stand by for the Steelhaven. They have backup." Road Hugger said, as he connected the channel to the Combaticon leader.

Battlefield

"That sounds like a plan." Sixshot agreed with Spinister, watching as the Mayhem leader flew away. "I'll hold the line."

Sixshot (and by proxy Swoop and Whirl as well) flew towards where Thunderwing was last seen, and chanced upon Ultra Magnus being overwhelmed by the Imperials. Arcee and the others aboard Magnus aren't faring any better. "Yo, Mags!"

Sixshot transformed into tank mode and landed atop a heavyset Imperial, and began opening fire onto the surrounding Imperials.

Rockets and incendiary missiles shot down and thinned down individual Imperials as Swoop and Whirl joined in the firefight.

"I never thought I'd see a 'Con on our side." Whirl muttered. "Does not seem right."

"Be thankful he is." Swoop replied, "Would you face Thunderwing and Sixshot?"

"Point." Whirl said as he let out a sudden loud scream and flew cockpit-first into the Imperial air squadron coming in towards them. Incendiary missiles and null rays lancing out from the suicidal maneuver.

Hyperdrive found himself pushed by the Imperial tide beside Onslaught again. "Combaticon." Hyperdrive snapped by way of greeting. "What a day to die, eh?"

The ex-Micromaster's left arm was dangling by a few wires, although it still had a bazooka strapped onto it by said wires. The other arm held the business end of a bayonet's blade, holding it with the blade pointing from the lower palm.

His skull had no less than three bullet grazes from snipers which did not find their exact mark, and his entire exostructure was pelted with cuts and shots. Yet Hyperdrive's face was contorted in a psychotic grin, as if he found the whole affair actually a fun exercise.
Chip1123
Protoform

Battlefield

Post by Chip1123 »

Topspin looked up at Crankhead as the other bot fought to protect him. "Yeah, i'll be good. My bell got rung something fierce." He said, standing back up. As he did so, he saw Whirl fly above him. "Won't let that stop me though. We Wreckers have a rep to maintain." He said, bringing his weapons up and firing. "Thanks for the assist though."

---------------------------

Highbrow had been focusing on finding the snipers who were causing so many problems. Luckily, their attention was diverted towards the main battle, and not to those who may be coming up behind them.

Highbrow snuck through one of the buildings and up the stairs where he had spotted one of the snipers who had shot him down earlier. He doisarmed the anti-personnel measures they had left behind in the stairwell and snuck up behind the sniper that had taken residence in the building, his attention fully focused on the battle ahead. "You will not require that anymore." Highbrow said as he shot the sniper in the head.

Highbrow picked up the sniper rifle and looked through the scope, hoping to aid his fellow autobots using the sniper since he could no longer be in the sky.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Bridge, Steelhaven

Cog anxiously leaned in closer to the console, sitting on the edge of his chair, hoping, waiting for someone to respond to his message.

Nothing. Just dead air.

Cog sighed and fell back into the backrest, his hands dropping flaccidly to the side of the chair, "The channel was weak, but I was certain that I..."

But, like a cruel prank or as if planned to happen exactly at that moment, the speakers on the terminal started to hiss and crackle, and the fuzzed but still audible voices of Detour and Road Hugger came through.

Cog, again, moved closer, "Gigatron's people are in Protihex? Glad to hear that," Cog answered Detour. "But, yes, we're aware of the Imperials. As you gathered, our communications are down. What's your position?"

But before the Decepticon could answer, Road Hugger opened his com channel and contacted Onslaught - precisely one of the mechs Cog had hoped to reach.

He waited for the Combaticon leader to respond.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Rooftops

"I'm not with Gigatron per se, but I'm Decepticon allright." Detour told Cog. "Our position is in a bunch of rooftops-"

Road Hugger snorted. Of course Detour didn't know scrap about Protihex and its topography. "We're pinned down in several rooftops in the borders between Foothills and Grange Hills. Battle's scooped up everywhere, and someone just set off a nuke to try kill Thunderwing. A good distance to our north." Road Hugger told Cog.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Steelhaven

(OOC: Haven't forgotten about the other stuff. Needed to give space to this first)

Bridge

When Cog realized which faction of Decepticons Detour belonged to, the thought of broken international treaties immediately crossed his mind.

Out of respect, he bit his proverbial tongue and said nothing. What Megatron's faction were doing in Protihex would have to be addressed at a more appropiate time, and at the moment the city-state needed as much help as it could get, unlikely as the help may be.

"Between the Foothills and Grange Hill. Conflict also north of your position," Cog reiterated what Road Hugger had told him. "Understood. I will pass that along. Do you know if anyone else has come to Protihex's aide?"

---

Medbay

Helping with the recently arrived wounded, Hoist was making his rounds throughout the very much understaffed medbay. Aside from tending to the odd damaged limb or gushing lasceration, he had the far from enviable task of determining who was worthy of taking up the steadily shrinking space.

"Hello, Aero Blade," Hoist sung out, though it did little to disguise his exhaustion. "Sorry I haven't checked in on you. How are you feeling?"

---

Hangar Bay

Meanwhile, as a recently arrived transport unloaded, tensions were growing on the lower level of the ship.

"...No, I'm afraid that's all who was on the transport. But, we'll get some energon rations and a medic down here," Ratchet placed his hand on a battered refugee's sholder. "It'll be alright, I prom-"

"No! It's not alright!" the civilian swiped Ratchet's hand away. "First it was Quintesson terrorists, then it was the Space Mafia. And now it's the fraggin' Cybertronian Empire. I've lost my home, my business. My friends are all dead. For all I know our governor is dead, too. And it seems like every day, despite international law, some new faction pops up here claiming to aide us like the slaggin' Missionaries of Primus - be it you damn Iaconians, or the damn Combaticons, or those damn Decepticons from Crystal City. But, the more of you that appear, the more people die - and the more Protihex burns. So keep your charity..."

The civilian spun around and stormed off, disappearing into the crowd of civilians that began to crowd the hangar bay.

Ratchet wanted to call out to him, to comfort him, but said nothing. What good would it have done, he thought. The Protihexian's words were tinged with a bitter truth.

"Pity I'm playing captain. I sure could use a drink," Ratchet halfheartedly smiled.

Inferno approached him from behind. "Don't let it get to ya," he said consolingly. "Scapegoats come easy durin' times like this. You're doin' whatcha can."

"Thank you, I know. I have to keep telling myself that," Ratchet sighed. "Though, I must admit," he lowered his voice so as not to potentially demoralize any nearby crew members. "It's hard to disagree with statements like that. Protihex is the bystander here. I wish there was an easier way to make it right."

"Well," Inferno said. "I know radio's out an' all, and I know you think it's dangerous, but-"

"Not until Cog has-"

"An' who knows how long that's gonna take. An' we can't assume Fort Max will come an' pull our butts outta the fire this time," Inferno blurted out loud. "Er, umm, with all due respect, I mean."

Overhearing the conversion (in no small part to Inferno), all crew member's* within earshot swung their heads over to the two Autobots.

"C'mon, Ratchet, there's alotta us here that wanna be out there. Organize a response team."

(* OOC: Call for NPCs to fill out the ranks if you're interested - unless I haven't pestered you already)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Rooftops

Detour wasn't with Megatron per se recently... considering his recent bugging out from Polyhex. Cog did not know that, of course. "Myself and a Seeker, formerly in Megatron's camp. We tried to get some peace and quiet in the neutral city, and instead we got this."

"The Combaticons are here, obviously." Road Hugger told Cog. "So is Gigatron's Mayhem Attack Squad and several assorted Decepticons. A bunch of Protihex residents have taken arms likewise. I've seen an Autobot shuttle too recently, I think Ultra Magnus is leading the party."

"Yipe!" Detour said as laser blasts scorched their position. Road Hugger took a moment to open fire on the incoming Imperial fliers.

"Got to move. Rooftops aren't fine. Are the comm units portable?"

"Y- yeah. Sure. Hiding is good." Detour hopped down as the larger Road Hugger lifted the patchworked communications device, and the two Sports Car Patrol members with presumably Chopster descended down the stairs.

Battlefield

Monocle struggled to reach for his gun as the waves of Imperials swarmed over them. Backup is here, that damned six-changer, the Wreckers... they had a chance. He had to get back up, to fight, had to-

A massive feet slammed down on the gun. A burly Imperial stepped on it. He looked at Monocle with a blank expression, which unnerved the Autobot informant. If he were swaggering or scowling or doing something similar, it would've been much more... much less like he's being killed by a mindless machine.

Another foot crushed down on Monocle's spine, and he cried out. Monocle felt the barrel of a gun of the Liegespawn on his back press a gun to the root of his skull.

From the edge of his vision Monocle saw Arcee getting up, activating her fiery lightsaber, dashing towards him... but Monocle knew it was too late for him.

His long life of hiding in Maccadam's... five minutes back into action, and he's going to be killed. It was the last thought in Monocle's head as the Liegespawn opened fire, and Monocle was no more.

"NO!" Arcee yelled as Monocle was killed. She did not know the informant, did not know of his recent return to the Autobot ranks, but she knew that he was a fellow Autobot.

Rage took over her, and she slashed the killer with her lightsaber, the energy blade cutting through metal cleanly as the Imperial was cut from shoulder to crotch. The edges of the metal where the lightsaber had sizzled past were still melting as Arcee leapt past the killed and stabbed the burly Imperial that stepped on Monocle's rifle in the head, burning a hole through it.

She felt the distinct WHUMP of one of the sonic blasts from Sixshot slam onto an Imperial behind her, and Arcee pulled out her second lightsaber.

It was a deadly dance, a depressing dance, as she twirled around, slashing and hacking and stabbing and tearing and hacking and slashing and swinging her swords and...

Good god, Arcee realised, these Imperial troops don't even seem alive. Unlike Decepticons, the Imperial troops, the cannon fodder anyway, have a blank face, a mindless exterior which did not betray any emotion... if they had any. It was as if the constant process of budding had sapped and diluted any form of personality in these Imperials...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Battlefield

Transforming into his smaller robot mode, Ultra Magnus actually smiled when his old nemesis Sixshot showed up on the scene and started blasting Imperials.

"I never thought I'd be happy to see your ugly mug," he told the Sixchanger, "but I guess times change."

He fired a few shots from his rifle, then spared a look at his trailer, which had landed at the far edge of the building. Several Imperials were closing in on it, but he managed to dissuade them for now by shooting their leader's head off.

"Can you hold your position for a few minutes without my help?" he asked, already knowing the answer would be 'yes'.

Crankstart shrugged. "Just don't expect me to make a habit of it," he told Topspin as he waded back into the battle. "I came to Protihex to retire, not to fight another war."

Onslaught frowned as Road Hugger's voice crackled over his comm.

"Yes?" he asked the other Combaticon, in between firing off volleys from his cannons.

When Hyperdrive happened along, he spared a moment to tell him, "I'd really prefer not to die if it's all the same to you. Do you want me to scare up a medic to look at your...well, your everything?"

The Entertainment District

The theatre was dim and abandoned, with only the slightest trace of flickering lights on the outside to indicate that the building was in use. Smokescreen was sure, though, that he was in the right place.

As he walked through the door, he saw the sad state of disrepair that the theatre had fallen into. The ticket windows were long-since broken, the posters from the last performances faded by time and disuse. But shifting lights and raised voices carried out of one of the auditoriums, nonetheless.

"--just saying you should think about it, Bluestreak. That's all."

"Think about what? Looting what we can and running away? What's the point in that?"

"What's the point in hiding here watching children's cartoons until the Imperials show up and kill you? At least my way, we make a few shanix off of it."

"Yeah, until they track us down and kill us in Altihex, or Uraya, or Kaon. No thanks, Swindle. I'm fine right here."

Smokescreen stepped into the room and said, "I really don't think you are, Bluestreak."

The other Autobot barely looked up from the show he was watching to say, flatly, "And I'm sure you're going to tell me all about it."

"What?" Smokescreen said with false umbrage, "No 'how did you find me?' No 'how did you know where I was?' I'm disappointed, Bluestreak."

"And I don't care, Smokey. Not anymore."

"Obviously not," Smokescreen retorted bitingly, "or you'd be across town with a gun in your hand instead of here, wallowing while your friends die. Obviously you don't care...don't care what happens to Inferno or Ratchet or Magnus or Springer."

"Obviously not," Bluestreak said emotionlessly. "I'm through with caring. Everyone I care about either dies or betrays me anyway. What's the point?"

"The point is, Bluestreak, that you're a good mech and you won't be able to live with yourself if you don't do something to help them." Smokescreen crossed his arms in front of his chest. "I should know."

Bluestreak showed the first flash of emotion he'd had since Smokescreen arrived as he spat, "You're nothing like me!"

"You're right," Smokescreen said. "Not anymore. But I used to be, until I let the world get to me. It broke me down, Bluestreak. I couldn't stand the pressure, I cracked and I let the world shape me into who I am today. Not because it's who I want to be, but because it's who I needed to be, after I let the world crush the real Smokescreen until there wasn't anything left. And you know what? Unless you want to turn out just like me, you're going to get your chassis out of that chair, grab your gun and come with me to help your friends."

"I..."

Swindle cut in. "Look, not to break up your little heart to heart or anything, but anyone who walks into that disaster area ain't walking back out. I'm not going to let my business partner toss his life away for nothing!"

"You're right," Smokescreen told him. "But since you're coming with us, you can watch his back."

"Why the hell would I do that?" Swindle demanded.

All hint of vulnerability gone -- if it had ever been there and not just been for show -- Smokescreen told him in a voice as cold as steel, "Because I've already paid several bounty hunters a handsome retainer to hunt you down and kill you after the battle is over. If Bluestreak and I don't survive...well, there won't be anyone left to cancel the contract, would there?"

"You wouldn't!" Swindle said furiously.

"No," Bluestreak told him. "He totally would. The bastard's blackmailing me emotionally, so why wouldn't he use a more blunt tool to get you to come along?"

"The mech knows what he's talking about," Smokescreen said with a shrug. Putting a hand on Bluestreak's shoulder, he said, "So what do you say?"

"Don't touch me," Bluestreak snarled, shoving the other Autobot away. "You make me sick, Smokescreen. I've seen what you've become, and I could never be like you...and you know damn well that's why I can't do anything but follow you now, just like Swindle has to follow because you put a gun to his head. You're a disgrace."

"So that's a yes?"

"Shut your mouth before I shut it for you," Bluestreak said, with more anger than he'd allowed himself to feel in a long time. "We'll go with you now--"

"We will?" Swindle asked, confused.

"We'll go with you now," Bluestreak continued as if he hadn't spoken, "but it's going to cost you. You've dishonoured the badge you wear for a long time, and it's going to stop. Once the Imperials are dealt with, you're through."

"I'm what?"

"You heard me, Smokescreen. Once we've beaten Thunderwing, you're going to resign."

"Why the hell would I do that?" Smokescreen asked.

"Because it's the right thing to do, and you know it," Bluestreak told him. "And more to the point, because I'm not the only one who sees what you're doing. And if you don't quit I'm going to round them up and parade them in front of Prime and the senate one by one until he boots your skidplate out onto the street in disgrace. But more importantly...because you're still my friend, Smokescreen, even after all this. Because this job, this war...it's eating you up, hollowing you out until there's nothing left. Because you need to get out while there's still some chance of you ever living a normal life again, and because I care about my friends enough to risk my lives for them in more ways than one."

"I..." Smokescreen's jaw worked for a second, as if he was unable to speak. Anger, shock, sadness and hollow emptiness vied for dominance inside, and until he spoke even he didn't realize which one of them had won out.

"Thank you."

Dragging an obviously confused Swindle behind him, the two Autobots left the ramshackle theatre behind them and headed toward the battle.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Battlefield

Sixshot chuckled as Ultra Magnus transformed into his small robot mode. "I've never seen that form before, Little Prime." Sixshot said, as if the Imperials swarming over them were no more bother than flies. "And I never thought I'd be rescuing you of all people, Little Prime. I can hold this position. Go get dressed... there's a lady here, and it is not polite to be undressed."

Sixshot moved alongside Ultra Magnus, his turret rotating and launching hypersonic blasts into the Imperial crowd.

Arcee recovered from the short battle lust at seeing Monocle die, and moved in pace with Sixshot and Magnus, hacking and slashing at any Imperial lucky (or unlucky) enough to evade Sixshot's barrage and get close.

"Magnus, we've got a bot down." Arcee said flatly, keeping emotion from her voice.

Just how many of these Imperials are there?

Swoop physically tore through a jet that looked like the spawn of a Sweep and a Seeker, and launched a rocket onto another one. He was running low of rockets... unlike Whirl, who was happily launching ordnance into the crowd and flying in like a suicidal madman, Swoop did not come armed to the teeth.

Fortunately, he was a Dinobot, and Dinobots had other ways of fighting.

Swoop transformed, although he did not fold his wings onto his back. Energon sword ignited, and Swoop begin to charge headlong into a fleet of Imperial jets, and began to slice through wings and stab through cockpits. No less than ten Imperials plummeted to the ground at Swoop's assault.

However, Swoop was a Dinobot, and Dinobots as a rule were not very maneuverable. Powerful and durable as Swoop is, he was not able to evade the sheer amount of machinegun fire and missiles that slammed onto his frame.

One missile slammed onto Swoop's stomach, and the Dinobot was sent tumbling down towards the ground.

"Medic? No medic. I bite, medics won't come near." Hyperdrive told Onslaught. "I can't sit still when explosions are all around. Kill all enemies, that's the only goal here."

Hyperdrive stabbed with his blade at an Imperial footsoldier, and rammed his knee onto the Imperial's stomach, cackling as he did so. Machinegun fire tore at Hyperdrive, but he didn't- couldn't make a move to avoid them. Instead he raised his mangled left arm and launched the bazooka missile at the offending Imperials, scattering them.

The recoil sent bazooka and arm snapping off from Hyperdrive's shoulder and onto the ground.

"This is how I imagined I would go, you know. Death all around, everything at stake... if I die, tell... tell my old teammates I'm sorry, will ya?"

Building, Grange Hill

"Boss, you are on with Cog, de facto captain of the Steelhaven." Road Hugger told Onslaught. "They need to know where to deploy their forces."

Detour winced as the building shook. "This is not good, Huggy."
Chip1123
Protoform

Battlefield

Post by Chip1123 »

Topspin sighed, knowing that it was usually those who 'came out for one last mission' who died, and wondered if Crankcase would survive this fight.

Topspin made his way closer to Ultra Magnus and Arcee. "They just keep coming don't they?" He said, blasting another Imperial's leg off, seeing no pain the the warrior's face. "They're like zombies almost. Hard to fight an enemy you can't discourage or make afraid."

----------------------

Highbrow sniped two snipers on opposing buildings before they realized there was a rogue sniper amongst them. From there it began a game of cat and mouse, one which he was not used to playing, especially without his advanced sensor suite.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Steelhaven

When Fortress Maximus arrived outside of the Steelhaven - Groove and Perceptor gripping on - they found, as one would expect, that the defenses were up.

Two deflector domes layered over the Steelhaven. The closest was generated from the ship itself, while several posts positioned around the massive starship generated the outer dome. Weapons were also deployed, though because radio was still out, were being controlled manually.

Slowing down to halt, Perceptor and Groove quizzically looked around the grounds.

"If we're unable to hail anyone," Groove said "How are they supposed to let us inside?"

Perceptor replied by pointing to the several guards that were on patrol. They were currently acting as the ship's eyes while Cog worked find a more permanent solution to their technical problems, one of which who spotted the ship's captain and the two Autobots waiting outside.

----
Hangar Bay, Steelhaven

When Inferno uttered the words "response team", Freeway, Pointblank, Siren, and Turbofire* (OOC: among others, I'm sure) turned away from their tasks, and gathered around the red-clad Autobot and Ratchet.

(OOC: @ Springer85 and Chip1123 - Even though I'm already using them in this post, I need to make sure - if you have not dropped Freeway, Pointblank and Turbofire, say the word and they're yours again.)

"A response team?" Pointblank said. "Took you long enough. Just point me and shoot."

"Really? We're heading out, Captain Doctor*?" Freeway jumped in. (OOC: * I couldn't resist ;))

"See? What did I tell ya?" Inferno motioned to his fellow crewmen. "C'mon, you know you..."

"Alright, knock it off everyone!" Ratchet raised his voice, drawing further attention towards himself and Inferno. "I know how anxious you all are. Believe me, I know. But, I'm sure you're also aware that we're operating blind at the moment. I won't send anyone out there on a guess (OOC: after all, Protihex is a pretty large chunk of land) and while were pinned down. Supposition is what got that first transport shot down. There's people on board, right now, that need our help and protection..."

Ratchet's reasoning only served to anger the surrounding Autobots. Their voices filled the hangar, growing louder as each attempted to make their case heard over the next. If anyone else wasn't paying attention, they most certainly were now.

At that moment, to Ratchet's relief, his comlink alerted him to Cog's incoming call - still piggybacking off a stray Combaticon frequency.

"Krrk - atchet? Are you - fzzz - eiving me? I've managed to make some progress."

"I'm receiving you, Cog. What's the - " Ratchet abruptly paused, unable to contain his irritation at the growing discontent. "Enough, guys! Shut up!"

Miraculously, it silenced them - if only momentarily. "Sigh, sorry about that. You were saying?" he resumed.

"I have the - krrk - aticons on the other line, and I don't want hold up this already weak channel for much longer - fzzz - I am told they are holding the l - krrk - between the Foothills and Grange Hill - shhhrk - flict also north of their position. Also, they report that an Iaconian party led by Ultra Magnus has been sighted at - krrrrk."

"I got most of that," Ratchet said. "And Ultra Magnus is in Protihex?" He said emphatically so as to defuse some of the tension in the room. "So, Iacon has responded to our call after all."

"Not necessarily," Cog replied. "Fzzz - small Autobot party judging by Road Hugger's report, not an army. Their presence here probably isn't legal."

"At this point, that really doesn't matter. Anything else?"

"As a matter of fact, yes..."

And right on cue, Fortress Maximus, carrying Perceptor and Groove, glided into the hangar bay and stopped not far from Ratchet and the others. Cerebros then launched himself away from his transtector, transformed mid-air, and landed on his feet.

"I need maintenance and armaments down here - right now," was the first thing the headmaster said. "You have a breem. Move, people! There's a city-state out there that needs our protection. Perceptor," Cerebros looked to the science officer. "Head to the bridge and assist Cog. We need communication back online ASAP. Join us when you are finished."

"Cerebros! And Perceptor and Groove!" Ratchet said. "You have no idea how pleased I am to see that you are all functioning."

"As am I that you've held the ship, the crew and all these people together," Cerebros smiled. "I always knew you had it in you. What's the situation?"

----
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Steelhaven

(OOC: NPC-ing Blurr, Jackpot and Brainstorm with ziggy's permission. Heinrad, if you're back and you want Brainstorm back just say the word.)

A blue blur that was Blurr zipped in beside Inferno, literally a blur. It seems that the upgrade he did to slow down his speed did not stand. "Inferno Inferno Inferno it's really about time someone told us what to do it's a whole big damned mess in this city it's supposed to be a neutral city but Imperials are landing everywhere and shooting and killing and fighting I want to help but I don't know what to do Imperials Imperials Imperials everywhere if we shoot them from the sky they are on the ground if we shoot them on the ground they come from the sky what do we do what do we do where do we go?"

Haywire, perched on Blurr's shoulder, muttered. "Of all the people to be partnered with..."

Jackpot strode in behind Blurr, Sights perched on his shoulder, a lopsided smirk on his face. He had a 50-shanix coin that he fiddled across his fingers, before tossing it into the air and catching it expertly. "I don't know what is happening, but I want in on whatever you guys are doing."

A smallish robot ran into the crowd, and towards Cerebros and company. Brainstorm's transector, in its vehicle mode, hovered above him. "Cerebros, Ratchet, everything is a mess! Are you alright?"

Battlefield

"Unnerving." Arcee agreed with Topspin. "I just saw them kill an Autobot without showing any emotion whatsoever."

Sixshot chuckled as he lobbed another hypersonic blast at an Imperial. "I agree, Wrecker. It's much more fun if they scream. Is why killing Autobots is much more fun."

"Watch it." Arcee hissed.
Chip1123
Protoform

Battlefield

Post by Chip1123 »

"Laugh all you want." Topspin spit back at Sixshot, while still firing at the Imperial troops. "Most of you 'cons scream just as loudly when the end comes for them too. Not many embrace death with open arms."

(OOC: Feel free to use Turbofire. I dropped him some time ago)
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Starflare Estates

"Projection: Civilian casualties; approximately 254*, contingent upon of Steelhaven crew's continued functioning. Survival; without aide, 1.1 percent. Governor Groove; unit's role consequential, continued functioning contingent upon unit designation Perceptor's success..."

Flanking him from the left, to the right, and above, it became clear to Shockwave that the Liege-spawn's objective, aside from terminating him, was to keep him away from the battlefield. The Imperial ground forces had attempted to implement the same divide and conquer strategy on Fortress Maximus. Needless to say, they lost a few mechs in that encounter. Likewise, the former-Decepticon wouldn't stand for this, proving to be equally as formidable, if not more intimidating, as the large headmaster.

Noting that all attacks were launched from a distance, he first concentrated his efforts on the flight capable mechs, who, like angry hornets, swarmed above the tall, purple-clad mech...

"....The enemy; vast, acutely proficient, prepared military force. Enemy armaments; substantial based simply by the magnitude of enemy troops - factor the yet to emerge Warworld, the figures become boundless...."

"Retreat now," Shockwave flatly stated.

The remaining Imperial soldiers responded in a predictable fashion by firing at the the mono-optic mechanoid from a 'safe' distance. And in kind, Shockwave took to the air, transformed into ray-gun mode, and scorched to ground with a wide energy beam....

"....Protihex; inadequately prepared.
Current defense; exiguous military/police force, both Combaticon and Autobot. Resorting to impromptu tactics, currently scattered. Probability of survival; left without intervention from allied nations: approximately 11.0 percent*."

As Shockwave left a charred battlefield behind him, a glimmer caught his single optic from far off in the horizon. Six starfighters, but not of the enemy's colors - no, they brandished shades of black, purple and turquoise. A common scheme among Decepticons.

"Magnify," Shockwave zoomed in on the objects, quickly determining the identity of the flyers - or rather, flyer. "Ah, Sixshot," he mused out loud. "One can then infer that Gigatron is informed of the Imperial's presence in Protihex. I may have to reevaluate my projection."

He transformed back into ray-gun mode and whizzed off towards this newer battlefield.

-------

Steelhaven

Hangar 1

As Ratchet gave Cerebros a situation report, more Autobots (Brainstorm, Blurr, Jackpot) had strayed from their tasks and joined the group that gathered around the recently returned commander, each wondering the same thing.

"Inferno Inferno Inferno it's really about time someone told us what to do it's a whole big damned mess in this city it's supposed to be a neutral city but....."

"Uh, yeah, what he said," Inferno jutted his thumb at Blurr. "Say the word, Cap'n."

"Sigh, see what I've had to put up with?" Ratchet mumbled.

"So I see," Cerebros dryly said. "Alright people, listen up," he raised his voice. "Hm, let's hope that the intercom system still works," he tapped a switch on his helm, connecting to the ship's PA system.

"...As you all may know, Imperial forces have invaded Protihex, our communications are currently jammed, halting all evacuation efforts, and our allies are outnumbered and are in need of reinforcements. As crew members of the Steelhaven, though many of our initial objections have changed during our time here, our primary mission remains the same. Protect Protihex and its people. I ask for volunteers to join me in Hangar Bay 1. We leave in 4 breems. Thank you."

---

Hangar 2

Meanwhile in the adjoining hangar, Groove moved along the floor that now served as a makeshift refugee camp.

Dire as the situation was, the former-Protectobot, now-governor maintained his usual warm smile and sanguine optimism, often stopping to assist the medical team or console a citizen. Though it did little to solve their current problem, seeing their governor alive and among them inspired hope.

(OOC: More on this later :))

---

Bridge

...And on the bridge, Cog, with the assistance of the newly arrived Perceptor, toiled to correct Steelhaven's communications problem (OOC: Cut me some slack. I know little of subspace or communications tech. I'm working with sci fi fansites here).

"Transpectral analysis complete," Cog said.

"Thank you, Cog," Perceptor skimmed through the results. "Hmm...and you have attempted to connect to the subspace relay network, correct?"

"Yes," Cog answered. "To no avail."

"I assumed as much. If you would - system analysis of ship's subspace transmitter, please. Schematic and interface up on the display - I wish to 'have a word' with it."

"Of course. Though, I don't understand what good that would do. I already ran a diagnostic on it - it isn't damaged."

Perceptor examined the image on the screen and, seemingly on a whim, drew his conclusion, "No, but someone has been rummaging around your systems."

Cog tilted his head, "Are you sure? I didn't detect any evidence of that."

"Oh, they did not get far. Security protocol prevented them from causing any damage," Perceptor told him. "You should be pleased. You run a tight system, Cog...Quite impressive for an AI such as yourself."

Cog angrily narrowed his optics "Hrm, anyway..."

"Hm? Oh, yes, of course," Perceptor continued. "They were in long enough to get all the information they needed. It is how the Imperials have been one step ahead of every attempt to circumvent their jamming signal. But fear not, that is why Fortress Maximus enlisted my aide," he loftily raised his chin. "A few steps are required, but there is a simple enough solution."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hangar One, Steelhaven

"I believe I am able to do something about communications, Cerebros. As unqualified as I am in the battlefield, I think this is more suited to me." Brainstorm told his fellow Headmaster. "But you know if you need air support, you can count on me."

Brainstorm leapt into the air, and the Master technology from his far-flung home universe allowed him to transform into a head. The Transector likewise transformed into a headless Autobot, to which head-mode Brainstorm attached. Almost immediately as the head connected to the empty neck, wires and neural links made connections, and Brainstorm was in full control of his larger Transector body.

"Say the word, boss. You know I'm with you."

"Oh no this is terrible terrible terrible it's worse than I thought I thought the Imperials were just a small razing team like the Decepticons used to have you know what I mean like a contingent of Sweeps or Seekers or those rubbish Insecticon clones but hey Cerebros and doc Ratchet you can count on Haywire and me that's right we Autobots survived these messes before we can do it again-" Blurr said, jumping from feet to feet so fast that it looks like he's, well, a blur.

"W-W-What my partner means to say is-" Haywire said, hopping down from Blurr's shoulder to perch on Jackpot's to avoid biting his tongue. "Where do you need us?"

"Likewise us." Jackpot said, as Sights transformed in a flurry of feathers to Jackpot's gun. "Time to change the tide of battle, non? Let's raise the stakes."

Battlefield

"You haven't met Bludgeon, then, I take it." Sixshot told Topspin in a conversational tone one would use to discuss something trivial, like, say, kittens. "Guy keeps wanting to die in a blaze of glory. Crazy fanatic. Also, there's that Dead End guy. Primus, you thank your lucky stars Dead End's stuck with us. Five minutes with him and I want to send him to the Allspark myself."

Arcee snorted at the conversation. "Men." She said.

"Ow." Swoop said as he transformed into robot mode and tried to get up from where he had crashed. "That's embarrassing."

A squad of Imperials swooped in, chewing up the ground with small-arms fire.

"Crap."

Whirl whirled around as he sprayed the waves of Imperials around him with incendiary missiles and photon blasts. He was tilted on a 45 degree angle, and was having the time of his life, laughing like the maniac he is. "Wreck and rule, mother-"

Whirl did a loop-the-loop to avoid a barrage of machinegun fire, a maneuver no human could possibly replicate with a helicopter. He then banked ninety degrees aside, launching missiles at an erratic pace.

It was a terribly effective tactic, because the pile of burnt Imperial shells below Whirl's flight path was increasing at an alarming rate, as befits a Wrecker.

But it was also a very risky tactic. By charging headlong in crazy maneuvers, Whirl leaves himself very vulnerable. One shot was probably enough to bring him down.

And as good a pilot as Whirl is, he can't watch all sides.

One missile streaked past Whirl's radar. He tried to bank upwards, but the missile slammed onto his underbelly, knocking him out of the sky. "Whaaaaaaa-" Losing his balance, two more missiles slammed onto Whir.

Trailing flames, Whirl fell from the sky like a meteor, crashing through a building, and then through a swath of Imperials. He did not get up.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Steelhaven

(OOC: Sorry. Was just waiting to see if anyone wanted to post first, is all :))

Hangar 1

"Thank you, Brainstorm, you always have been," Cerebros graciously nodded to the fellow headmaster. "I already sent Perceptor up to the bridge to assist Cog on that end. But, if you think you can help, by all means then..."

"You're that confident in Perceptor's abilities?" Ratchet butted in.

"We have to be," Cerebros answered, returning his gaze to Brainstorm. "As great as the need is, I will not ask you to fight if you feel you are unable to, old friend. I want you to know that."

---

Peacemaker, who was naturally standing near his partner, shook his head when Blurr once again piped up.

"What do you fuel your mech up with? Sugar?" Peacemaker told Haywire in a muted tone. "Whatever it is, mind passing it along to my partner here? He can be so morose sometimes, and it's hard trying to spark up any kind of conversation with-"

"I'm standing right here, you know," Pointblank glowered down at the Targetmaster.

Freeway, eavesdropping on the exchange, chuckled loudly, "You little guys crack me up!"

---

As Cerebros went to address Jackpot and the others (OOC: pretty much the named bots that have been mentioned so far), the Autobot commander felt a tap on his shoulder.

When he spun around, he found a small group of bright-eyed refugees waiting - no doubt having overheard the headmaster's announcement over the PA system.

"Excuse me, sir," one refugee said. "We would like to join you."

"I appreciate your intentions, but I can't ask that of you..."

"It's our nation that's being attacked, we have every right to," he protested. "All of us served in the military before we came here. Please, let us join you."

Cerebros averted his gaze to Ratchet. They sadly looked to each other, then, reflexively, swung their heads over toward Hanger Bay 2 and found that many of the refugees had rallied around Groove....

---

Hangar 2

(OOC: Yes, this is all going to sound incredibly corny. It's Groove, okay)

"I can't stand this!" one civilian spoke up. "I just want them ALL out of here!"

"But I - I don't want to fight," another sheepishly interjected.

"Then you shouldn't have to," Groove warmly smiled. "Hope for a peaceful nation, then. Believe in Protihex. Is it true that as a race, Cybertronians are predisposed to war? More than likely perhaps. That does not, however, mean that we shouldn't hope."

Groove looked around at his people. Many were tired, some where angry, and some, Groove suddenly realized, wanted to take action.

"Some say that we have been unreasonable. I'd like to think we haven't," Groove told the refugees. "But, perhaps we have been fleeing from one important truth. It is the responsibility of us, the survivors of Protihex, to preserve this nation's ideals. This battle will be fought on many fronts, and not just through armed combat. It is not one that can't be decided by the soliders that have come to aide us. Not by Iacon or Crystal City, or anyone else - but by us."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hangar One, Steelhaven

"Eh, no worries, Cerebros." Brainstorm told the Headmaster. "You know me, no going back from a fight. I can't very well see these civilians die while I hide in some corner, eh?"

Brainstorm cocked his head to one side, and sighed. "I've been spending waaay too much time with Chromedome and Hardhead."

"I have no clue." Haywire told Peacemaker, shaking his head. "He was like that when I got him. From then on, my 'fuel' has always been this human product called aspirin."

Jackpot slapped Freeway and Pointblank on the back. "Hey, you two! Looks like it's just our luck to meet up here after all that brouhaha in Templar Heights, eh?"

"I swear Jackpot every sentence that you speak is in terms of luck just to make you look cool because in every sentence you say there's this chance this or luck that or odds this or cards that." Blurr said.

Jackpot rolled his eyes... or did the equivalent gesture with a visor. "When you play cards for a living, you talk like that, mon ami."

"Now you're just adding French words to your sentences just to humour my accusation that you're doing this on purpose I think you're doing this to piss me off Haywire do you think he's saying all these to piss me off because I think he is and-"

"It's so easy to wind him up, Haywire." Jackpot said, shrugging while grinning. He let his arms slide from Freeway and Pointblank, and pumped Sights-in-gun-mode into the air, "Regardless, viva la Protihex! We'll beat back the invaders!"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Medbay, Steelhaven

Aero Blade stirred as Hoist called out his name. He was still mentally and physically exhausted from his ordeal, and his joints had stiffened up again, but he managed to sit up and look around at he increased activity.

"What's going on?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Battlefield

Ultra Magnus glowered at Sixshot. "Have you been hanging out with Grimlock in your spare time?"

Nevertheless, he made the quick dash toward the spot where his trailer had landed. Several more Imperials had closed in, but they were no match for his laser rifle. Six quick shots later and the six enemies were lying dead, with six neat holes drilled precisely into their skulls. Reuniting with his trailer, he gave it a quick once-over, checking for damage as he set it back upright. Finding nothing crippling, he transformed into his super robot mode, responded to Arcee.

"I don't want to sound callous, but we're going to have a lot more down before this is over with. Can you recover him safely?"

"Rumour has it that they don't have a spark," Crankstart told Topspin. "That they've divided and subdivided themselves so many times that there's nothing left of them on the inside."

He gunned down another enemy, then said, "I certainly hope they're right. It makes it a lot easier to kill them that way."

"Like hell," Onslaught told Hyperdrive curtly. "If you want them to hear it, you're going to have to survive long enough to tell them yourself."

Speaking into his communicator, he said, "Cog, this is Onslaught. I'm a tad busy right now, so skip the pleasantries and tell me what you need."

Spinister blasted head off of a counter-sniper who'd been lining Highbrow up in his sights, dropping the Imperial with a single shot to the base of the skull.

"Amateurs," he muttered, leaving it deliberately vague whether he was talking about the Imperial or the Autobot.

Approaching Steelhaven

Smokescreen and Bluestreak twisted their way through the city's streets, heading not toward the battlefield itself but to the Autobot ship ensconced (so far, safely) on the other side of town. Swindle followed along behind them, grumbling all the while.

Since their comm channels were still mostly filled with static, the three of them transformed to robot mode and waved as they approached, hoping that the ship's security crews would recognize them and hold their fire as the trio boarded.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Battlefield

"Blame Squawktalk for that. One little comment he hears, and next thing you know the entire Decepticon base knows about it, Little Prime." Sixshot told Ultra Magnus, before joining the Autobot City Commander in transforming into robot mode. Sixshot's nanosword flared to life, while in his other hand he held his hypersonic concussion cannon.

Arcee shook his head. "He's dead. Not to sound callous but I'm not going to risk my neck for a corpse." She narrowed her eyes. "Swoop and Whirl were both just shot down too. No idea where they landed or if they are still alive."

"If I survive, cheesecake." Hyperdrive told Onslaught, headbutting an Imperial in the face, then pulling back with pieces of the Imperial's face between his teeth. The Imperial stumbled back, clutching his ruined face, and Hyperdrive thrust his dangling arm-with-blade onto the soldier's chest.

Swoop sliced his way through the Imperials around him, although he was getting quite overwhelmed as the troopers did the primitive method of rushing blindly to overpower the Dinobot.

"Come on! I'll send you all to hell!"

But Swoop's bravado was cut short as an Imperial clocked him on the wrist with the butt of his rifle, sending his energo sword clattering away. Unarmed as he was, Swoop was still a Dinobot, and he lashed out with his fist onto Imperials, although at the rate that they were coming Swoop knew he couldn't last long.

Sorry, Grimlock, Slag, Sludge, Snarl... looks like I'll have to go first...

Approaching Steelhaven

Being who he was, Jackpot happened to look at the correct direction to see Smokescreen, Bluestreak and Swindle as they arrived. "Hey, guys? We've got more company." The Action Master's brows furrowed as he recognized Swindle. A 'Con. The worst kind, too, the one that would sell his teammates only to buy them and sell them again.