[G1 RPG] Terminus: The King is Dead (Polyhex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Chip1123
Protoform

Astrotrain's Office, Darkmount

Post by Chip1123 »

"Just missing an arm." Thrust replied to Scrapper. "I was lucky. That shot could have taken my head clean off. It took me out of the battle for a few moments, and when I came to, the calvary had arrived."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"There are always fools who don't know their place in the order of things," Soundwave agreed with Vindicator. "But that's why officers like you and I exist -- to hit them as hard as it takes to knock them back into line."

Kickback followed along with Shrapnel as he prodded Slicer toward the brig. Once they were out of earshot of the main group, he muttered, "Who'd have thought Starscream would ever actually pull it off?"

Scrapper nodded. "Shouldn't be too difficult to repair, then," he told Thrust. "Did you see where the arm landed, or am I going to have to fabricate a new one for you?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Astrotrains Office

Scavenger prodded the wreckage gingerly as he looked for items that were salvageable

~*~

Slicer laughed

"You planning on putting me in the main brig on sub level 17?"
Chip1123
Protoform

Astrotrains Office

Post by Chip1123 »

"The arm was... vaporized." Thrust replied back to Scrapper. "Nothing left to reattach. I'll need a new one." Thrust looked around at all the bodies. "Still, all things considered, it could have been worst. I could be dead, like half the room here."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Corridors, Darkmount

"Not me, me." Shrapnel told Kickback, aiming his shrapnel rifle onto Slicer's back. "To be honest, I'm still coming to terms with the fact that Starscream is still alive, alive."

Bombshell shrugged. "If you must know, I thought he could do it."

"You know, you shouldn't even be here. You're supposed to be in the brig with him, him."

"I helped Starscream on a provisional basis." Bombshell told Shrapnel. "That earns me bonus brownie points. Hey, Shrappers, Kicker, where do we put this guy anyway?"
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Corridors, Darkmmount

Downdraft looked down, then down some more in order to see Blackjack. "Acting Commander," he acknowledged politely. Then: "Megatron was a fake? Please explain..."

There could be no doubt about the dark undertone in his question.

Behind him, Zenith cracked his knobbled hands together.

~~~

Starscream was aware of the tension - it was that bad that even he could not miss it.

He threw his head up and behaved in totally Decepticon style.

"Stand aside! Soundwave, attend me!"

It would be advantageous to get the Communications Officer out there with him before he walked away...
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Astrotrain’s Office, Darkmount

Vindicator nodded, agreeing with Soundwave. He stood with his arms crossed as he watched the large group of Decepticons in the corridor.

He spotted the triple changers they had brought back from Kaon outside of what remained of Astrotrain’s office, he was certain that they wouldn’t be pleased with the idea of Starscream being their new commander.

“You’d best be going with our new Commander. I’ll remain here and ensure the clean up and repairs are completed.” he said to Soundwave.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Corridors, Darkmount

"You don't know?" Blackjack asked Downdraft, then sighed. "That's right, you don't know. Neither did I. Or anyone, for that matter, until the last ten minutes."

Briefly, Blackjack considered telling the complete truth, but then he mentally stopped himself, and smiled. Someone had to tell the cover story to the masses, and Soundwave would be too busy attending to Starscream. Who does that leave?

"Megatron was..." he began, then hopped onto a box, so more could see him. "The Megatron we served was a fake, a near-perfect clone created by the Quintessons to assume command of the Decepticons. Apparently Astrotrain and some others discovered what Megatron... or the Megatron clone... was, so Megatron put a stop to that. Admiral Astrotrain is dead now."

Pause, and Blackjack watched as the crowd around them murmured. It wasn't the complete truth -- Blackjack wasn't sure of the complete truth himself, but it was believable. And he continued. "We tried to put a stop to that. But the fake Megatron was nearly as powerful as the original, and we were unprepared. With great regret some of our best were killed." Blackjack gestured to the still-unattended, mangled corpse of Skywarp, mouth contorted in a death grin mid-warp, nearby. (The Constructicons had been occupied with the living Decepticons, of course) "Would Megatron have killed his own men? But Starscream returned, and he killed the pretender Megatron. He's in command now."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"Thank you, Vindicator. Please inform us if anything...untoward happens."

With that, Soundwave walked slowly and calmly to Starscream's side.

"You may want to scale back the theatrics," he said quietly. "Your more...base troopers will tire of it quickly. It would be a shame to have to kill any more of them than strictly necessary."

Kickback shrugged. "He does that, Shrappers. After the first couple times, I just got used to it."

Turning to Bombshell, he shrugged. "Considering the state the base is in, I'm not sure there's really anywhere that we could hold him securely. At least, not without putting a cerebro-shell in his skull first."

"Indeed," Scrapper agreed with Thrust. "I won't be able to do anything for you here, but if you'll follow me to the medical bay we can take care of this in fairly short order."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

enroute

Slicer clonked along the corridor still in his exo skeleton.

"if nothing else I will have made Starscream aware of the current situation, it is not a good time for us to be weak. Have any of you ever served with or fought Thunderwing? Do cerebo shelss work on Pretender exoskeletons?"
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

"Let's go then." Thrust said in reply to Scrapper, wanting to get out of the room where several of his friends had so recently died. Thrust walked out the door, stepping over several bodies as he went. "I have a feeling we'll need as many of us repaired as soon as possible. Doesn't feel like this is done yet."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Corridors, Darkmount

"A... fake," Downdraft mused quietly. He cocked his heavy head, optics so deep a crimson they were like smouldering coals. "Then where is the real Lord Megatron?"

And his implication was: can you prove that that wasn't the real one..?

~~~

Starscream would have sneered at Soundwave's infamous remark about theatrics, but he needed the support and information that the Communications Officer could give. Basically, he needed to know about Gigatron's involvement, most particularly as he had no intention this side of the Pit of putting himself and his forces at Gigatron's disposal. Not after what he had suffered.

Now: if there was some way to get back at Gigatron...

He stepped forwards and, to his immense satisfaction, most of the crowd gave back automatically.

"I will require a flash-download about the current situation," he told Soundwave, bluntly. "I take it you have one available?"

~~~

Standing, observing, Relay laid down a vocal recording of the events in the corridor:

"It appears that Megatron has been off-lined, but the implication is that I and the Decepticons have been dealing with a copy or clone of the original. This seems impossible - clone technology has proven erratic and its use banned in protocols laid down as long ago as Zeta Prime.

"There is tension among the mechs who have assembled here, outside what appears to be a wrecked command office. I get the feeling that some of them are unwilling to accept what they are hearing."

He could see Soundwave by the side of an imposing jet (of a somewhat antique design) and walked across the corridor in the hope of intercepting him.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Darkmount

"Is that an invitation?" Bombshell asked Kickback, then turned to Shrapnel. "That is an invitation, right? It's like, when you want me to do something but you want it off the books, so you can't give an order, but-"

"Bombshell. Shut it, it." Shrapnel snapped. Turning to Kickback, "Don't the CR tanks have secure locks? We could stuff him in there, lock him up and stuff it in the basement until we have to deal with him, him."

Bombshell turned to Slicer, "Thunderwing's not our problem. Yet."

"Dead, I reckon." Blackjack told Downdraft. "Ever since the original Megatron was turned into Galvatron back in Earth-year 2005, there has been scores of Megatron clones and pretenders like you wouldn't believe. The real, the original Megatron is still trapped inside Galvatron's twisted mind, Primus knows where Galvatron is right now."

He raised an optic brow. "You don't believe me, do you? While I can't prove to you, I can vouch that it spouted out some random Quintesson protocols while we were fighting him. This is a good copy, and he really thought he was Megatron... but in the end he's just a ticking time bomb that suddenly went beserk and tried to kill us all."

Turning to Relay, he nodded. "Improbable, not impossible. Lord Straxus has cloned Megatron before, for all the good it did. And likewise the Quintessons, in their unholy regime, had perfected their cloning processes."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Soundwave nodded curtly. "Absolutely."

He extended a hand to Starscream, handing for former Air Commander a small datacard.

"This should bring you up to date on all the happenings that you've missed during your...convalescence."

Carefully weighted so that you'll do what I want once you've read it, was left unsaid, although he and Starscream both knew that was the implication.

He saw Relay coming and waved vaguely in his direction, sending Buzzsaw swooping in to redirect the reporter.

"What can we do for you?" the cassette asked.

Kickback shrugged. "I wouldn't say anything to Soundwave if you did," he told Bombshell. "Hell, if he found out he'd probably give you a medal."

"Is it ever done?"

Scrapper walked with Thrust toward the medical bay, typing into a small keypad as they moved. Once they got there, they found a replacement seeker arm waiting for them on a surgical table.

"Lucky for you we have a lot of these in storage," he said. "Now hop up on the bed and we'll get started.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Corridors, Darkmount

"I like medals. They're shiny." Bombshell told Kickback, then launched a cerebro-shell at Slicer.
Chip1123
Protoform

Medical Bay, Darkmount

Post by Chip1123 »

Thrust hopped up on the medical bed, almost falling off since he didnt have an arm to catch himself with. "True enough." He said in reply to Scrapper. "But to most of us, it never gets old." As he said the last part, he thought of Dirge, who had apparently had enough of their life and switched sides.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Corridors, Darkmount

Kickback guffawed as Bombshell actually did what he suggested and tried to cerebro-shell Slicer.

Medical Bay, Darkmount

Scrapper shrugged. "Those of us who have to glue you people back together whenever you decide to start shooting each other have a different perspective, Thrust, as I'm sure you understand. Whenever you get into a fight it creates more work for me!"

The Constructicon picked up the replacement arm -- still tacky with fresh paint -- and clamped it to Thrust's torso, then set to work attaching the cables that would transmit signals from the seeker's brain to his new limb and vice versa.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Corridors , Darkmount

Slicer swivelled.

"you wish me to kill these two Master so you can be leader of the Insecticons. I Obey "
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

(the late) Astrotrain's office

Hook 'wiped' his brow with the back of his right hand and then carefully folded Lazerbeak's wings, like a shroud, over the terminal damage the Cassetticon had suffered.

What a waste, he thought. Glancing over at Astrotrain's remains, he shook his head. What an unacceptable and avoidable waste. I blame Soundwave...
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Corridors, Darkmount

Accepting the datacard, Starscream gave Soundwave a somewhat cynical smile and then turned to see where Buzzsaw was going.

~~~

Downdraft listened, but his clouded visage clearly showed that he did not believe a word Blackjack was saying - except, possibly, that the Megatron he had followed was dead, but there was a chance in a new name he picked up on.

Galvatron

The Triple Changers had been designed specifically by Shockwave to serve as ground troops in Megatron's absence from Cybertron. There was only a few of them left and functional (give or take), and there was no reason for them to serve anyone except Megatron.

He gave Starscream the once-over and turned away.

"We are leaving," he ordered. "Return to Kaon, Zenith, and inform our brothers that we will seek a mech named 'Galvatron'."

For his part, Relay had fallen silent, allowing his recorder to pick up on ambient sound. He was a professional, but things were becoming decidedly weird and - he realised - potentially problematical for one of his kind among Decepticons.

Then Buzzsaw was asking him: "What can we do for you?"

The reporter frowned. "I wish to speak to Soundwave, if I may?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Corridors, Darkmount

Shrapnel's hands crackled with electricity as he moved faster than Bombshell could react, and placed one finger from his each hand at Bombshell and Slicer's foreheads.

"I am not in the mood for jokes, Bombshell, Bombshell. None of you can survive having five million volts pumped through your cerebral modules, at point blank range, range." Shrapnel hissed.

Bombshell blinked, and then sighed. "Slicer, I can't be leader if you kill them. Stand down so we can... talk this out." Bombshell was worried. He didn't issue a command, so either the cerebro-shell was transmitting subconscious desires, or Slicer isn't shelled yet. In any case, it was not good for him.

Blackjack opened his mouth to speak, but did not. Downdraft is an old Decepticon, and Blackjack knew how deeply rooted in their beliefs these old people are.

"Good luck with that. The army's been trying to search Galvatron for ten years now..."

Turning to Relay and Buzzsaw, Blackjack gave the reporter a winning smile. "I've just been telling the good reporter here how we averted a crisis from an escalated civil war."