[New RPG] Why did you choose your characters

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Springer85 wrote:Volks
I just love this guy :D Modified his bio from him being an expert in sabotage, infiltration and hacking to only hacking. He has zero combat training and is quite useless in battle. I have some things for him planned too for when he reaches Earth. Most of which involve pain :p (Not gonna kill him though!)
I laughed, because I'm 99% sure that the bio you're talking about is the one that I invented from whole cloth in four minutes for the RPG site and boils down to "he's like Bumblebee". I love your take on Volks, and what you've done with him might actually be the first time he's ever gotten a real personality in the history of anything ever.

But in spite of that, I always see Sedan in my head when I read your posts. :(

For my part...

Skullgrin: I've always loved him as a character, ever since I bought a comic with his TFU profile in it in the 80s. The handful of 'Cons whose profiles I had always stuck in my memory (there was Skullgrin, Skullcruncher, Squeezeplay, Fangry, Darkwing, Dreadwind and Weirdwolf, I think) even though they weren't important characters and I didn't have their toys. As I got a bit older and thought about things more, I found it interesting that he was the only Pretender whose shell had a separate personality from his inner robot and I wondered why that was. I wondered even more when the Generations toy came out, because now he had two different personalities in a single body. Him being in the RPG is the end result of me musing on how that would work, and eventually settling on something in between the Hulk and a D&D barbarian's 'rage' ability.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

That's how I envisioned Grimlock to be, initially. Some almost-smart guy who's trapped in a body that cannot speak properly, and flies into uncontrollable rage tantrums every now and then.

Was Sedan the white one? I cannot ever get these random South American (?) repaints straight in my head bar Volks.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Warcry wrote:I laughed, because I'm 99% sure that the bio you're talking about is the one that I invented from whole cloth in four minutes for the RPG site and boils down to "he's like Bumblebee". I love your take on Volks, and what you've done with him might actually be the first time he's ever gotten a real personality in the history of anything ever.

But in spite of that, I always see Sedan in my head when I read your posts. :(
Yeah, I was. :lol: Still, that bio gave me an idea for what I wanted to do with him. Wanted to introduce him in the old RPG first, but when news of the reboot came, I saved him for that :up:

And thanks. Volks hardly is a heroic character, something Bumblebee is. He'll only go into battle if there's no other option and even then he'll think it over twice. :lol:

Volks looks at Con, looks back at Kup, looks back at Con with Bin Gun, looks back at Kup and taps his forehead with his index finger. "Are you crazy! I don't want to die! You distract him"

Kup kicks Volks in the rear and hurts his foot. :p

Sedan is indeed the white one. He's also on my list of characters to pick in the future. Wouldn't know what to do with him anyway right now.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!