[New RPG] Combiner Teams

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Selkadoom

Combiner Teams

Post by Selkadoom »

This has been bugging me for a little while and I figured this would help. I have two questions on the subject.

1. Do combiner teams "combine" pre or post arriving on earth?

2. Who controls thier combined form?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Selkadoom wrote:This has been bugging me for a little while and I figured this would help. I have two questions on the subject.

1. Do combiner teams "combine" pre or post arriving on earth?
We sort of came to a consensus that powers like combining would have an origin in-game, so the technology has yet to be developed and thus combiners do not exist in-game yet.

Techno-organics, Triple-changers, Pretenders, Micromasters et al are all being developed in-game as well.

Also, the technology probably won't be perfected immediately so probably they won't be that effective, and be bestial single minded monsters like Devastator or Menasor.
2. Who controls thier combined form?
Mmm... :glance:

No clue. Probably the players will have to come to a consensus, but the RPG mods should answer this instead of me.
Shine

Post by Shine »

Blackjack wrote:We sort of came to a consensus that powers like combining would have an origin in-game, so the technology has yet to be developed and thus combiners do not exist in-game yet.

Techno-organics, Triple-changers, Pretenders, Micromasters et al are all being developed in-game as well.

Also, the technology probably won't be perfected immediately so probably they won't be that effective, and be bestial single minded monsters like Devastator or Menasor.
I like the way that is going to happen.

It gives the players a wonderful opportunity to explore characters and develop them into who they become. Quite an incredible journey, it'll be.

I don't know about anyone else, but I find the whole combiner team thing very exciting, as you can only imagine how they all met each other for the first time. And I bet there were some very, ah, interesting first time meetings to be had among a few of them. :lol:
Blackjack wrote:Mmm... :glance:

No clue. Probably the players will have to come to a consensus, but the RPG mods should answer this instead of me.
If I may chip in? Instead of coming to a consensus of some sort, perhaps the players could take turns in playing the combined form?

I just thought I'd throw that one out there. You know, just to get the ball rolling.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

[Deleted]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Well I had two theories for who controls the Gestalt,

1. Whoever has the head

2. Whoever has majority control, i.e. more parts of the Gestalt
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Selkadoom wrote:Well I had two theories for who controls the Gestalt,

1. Whoever has the head

2. Whoever has majority control, i.e. more parts of the Gestalt
Nope, that won't work.

A single player can't control the gestalt all the time, since it wouldn't be fair to the other guys playing as the limbs. I mean, the whole point of a gestalt is that the mind is shared, so in every action -- especially in the gestalts that have to stop and think, those that are not the instinct-fueled Predaking or Piranhacon or Liokaiser -- every member of the combiner team would have a chance to influence the gestalt's actions.

Besides, both of your solutions means that you control Bruticus, sneaky guy. ;)

Taking turns might work, but I think talking over the actions over PMs would work better...

RPG Mods, what are your consensus?
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

(Damn it Blackjack way to blow my cover)

I suppose taking turns would work if they want to, but they actually need to play or else it'd pointless.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Shine

Post by Shine »

Selkadoom wrote:I suppose taking turns would work if they want to, but they actually need to play or else it'd pointless.
Well, of course. How else could a combiner team merge if there weren't any players controlling the appropriate characters? ;)
Blackjack wrote:Taking turns might work, but I think talking over the actions over PMs would work better...
Going back to what I originally said, I should have included what Blackjack just brought up here. It would be advisable. Most likely essential. Otherwise our combiners might not be doing a whole lot...