[New RPG] Decepticons and the public

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Blackjack

Decepticons and the public

Post by Blackjack »

Right, so Blaster and I have been talking about this, and Blaster the character is supposed to interview Sentinel. That brings up the question... how much does the public know about the Decepticons? The military no doubt would've heard rumours, but does the public know?

And while it's not hard to think that the higher-ranking Autobots (Zeta Prime, Sentinel, Kup, Ironhide et al) know about the Decepticons, do the rank-and-file know that it's a serious threat beyond the fact that they exist?

Or are they passing it off as another rumour?

Sentinel, for one, is going to send Blaze (with possibly permission from Zeta Prime) to try and disrupt the Decepticons and/or neutralize Megatron.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Probably at this point the Decepticons are probably nothing more than a smallish political party/movement with a few footsoldiers to do their dirty work. True they've gained control of a state although whether that is majority control is hard to tell . For example Straxus could be the leader of a political faction with different but complimentary/sympathethic views

The current situation would be similar to Germany under the Nazis just after Hitler has come to power. Megatron is consolodating his power but has done nothing overly threatening.

Although the analogy breaks down as Kaon could be seen as dangerously liberal with opinions and research allowed that aren't permitted in Iacon.

I imagine that the majority of those ruled by Megatron see themselves as Kaonites rather than Decepticons and depending on what brought him to power he'd be quite popular.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Optimusskid's appraisal sounds pretty good to me. As things currently are Megatron is just known as the guy running Kaon, there's no information that suggests he's up to anything. There's no connection between him and things such as the attacks on religious monuments (right now it's just an unknown group of vandals, even though he is pulling the strings in the background ;))
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Aero Blade wrote:Optimusskid's appraisal sounds pretty good to me. As things currently are Megatron is just known as the guy running Kaon, there's no information that suggests he's up to anything.
Actually, he'd be known for a bit more than that. Since he was a famous gladiator before he went into politics, his election probably would have been met with the same sort of pointing-and-laughing that Minnesota and California were subject to when they elected Jesse Ventura and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

That would work in his favour, I think, because most of the population outside of Kaon is going to see Megatron as the Joke Governor no matter how many right-wing pundits are on TV denouncing him.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

optimusskids wrote: The current situation would be similar to Germany under the Nazis just after Hitler has come to power. Megatron is consolodating his power but has done nothing overly threatening.
Hitler did a lot of very dirty things as he consolidated his power within Germany.

I suspect someone like Blaster who has his ears to the pulse (quite literally) would hear about some of things both as a communication go-between and as reporter/news man.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."