[New RPG] The Two Solitudes: Kaon (Decepticon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Chip1123
Protoform

Prime's Shuttle

Post by Chip1123 »

Rapido took a moment to review the system specs before replying to Zeta. "This isn't an attack shuttle. We've got decent armaments - 1 laser cannon, some flak turrets for anti-air defense, and a few missiles. It's enough to defend ourselves, or attack a small base. This ship was designed more for speed and defense - keep the Prime out of harm's way."

(OOC: If that's not what you were wanting with the shuttle, let me know and I'll change it)
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Ulcrain
Protoform

Post by Ulcrain »

Govaners Palece

Thundercracker walked over to Grimlock "Your name?" he asked.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Kaon Tunnels

Magnus was down and almost out. His onboard systems advised him to go into stasis lock, but aborted that command.His vision was blurry at best and he couldn't make out who it was. His audio receptors weren't functioning at optimal capacity either. He was pretty much blind, deaf, battered and broken. The figure towering over him had to be Sixshot. That meant that his last ditch effort didn't work. That the sicchanger was still functioning and that he was left at the mercy of this monster.

He suddenly noticed that another mech had arrived at the scene and distracted Sixshot for as moment. Was it help? Did the Autobots return for him? No, probably not. The way the mech entered the scene, it was like he came out of nowhere. Magnus tried to get up. He was leaking fuel and energon and the nanobots in his system were working overtime to patch him up, but they just weren't fast enough.

As he was up, he squinted. It didn't help much, but he could make out that Sixshot was walking his way again. It seemed as if killing him was what Sixshot cared about the most.

He raised his arms in a boxing like position. He had no fight left in him, but if he was going down, he's going down swinging. He was throwing his fists randomly, trying to hit Sixshot, but there was hardly and power in the punches. Magnus knew that it would only take one more hit to immediately knock him into stasis lock.

Governor's Palace

Springer had been silent for a while. He tried to understand what it was that was going on in here and from what he could tell, most of the mechs here were either criminals or gladiators. There were some high ranking Cybertronians here, yes, but most of them weren't.

Thundercracker passed him by when he walked over to Grimlock and raised a brow when Thundercracker didn't know who Grimlock was. "You King Grimlock," Springer inquired. "This guy is pretty much the king of the arena. He slags guys like you for sport."

Springer was suprised by his own reaction. Butting in like that wasn't really his style. Or was it? He couldn't remember and figured that it couldn't do much harm anyway.

"Wheeljack's data is lost to us," Tarantulas said to Predacon and Scorponok. "My spyder was taken out by an Autobot and now I can't access its memory banks," he spat. "Meddlesome mechs. I hope Sixshot tears them limb from limb!" and he followed that by a cackle.

Prime Shuttle

"Don't worry, kid," Kup said to Rapido. "I've learned a few tricks back in the day when I had to fight off some Quintessons. I can get us out if need be."

Kup pressed a few buttons and flicked some switches. Having received no reply for the Kaon air traffic command, he initiated landing procedures. He figured that Zeta Prime didn't want to wait much longer.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Governor's Palace

Predacon laughed. "I've only been talking about it every day since he got elected, Scorponok. Pit, I've even got one of his campaign posters in my lab. Framed. And signed 'To my embarrassment of a brother'."

He let out a low rumble when Tarantulas reported the loss of the data. "Dammit!" But then he stroked his chin thoughtfully. "But maybe not. We have some very good data recovery guys at the KPI. I'm sure the original drives got slagged in the explosion, but no matter how damaged they are there's always a chance they could recover something."

Lugnut shrugged. "He'll obey orders as long as they don't get lost in that abacus he calls a processor. But that happens as soon as he sees something shiny."

When Obsidian explained his plan in full, he nodded. "That makes sense. Shooting down a space station is harder than blowing up a few shuttles full of prisoners. And I'm sure the Glorious Megatron will be happy with the new toy, too."

Prime's Shuttle

"Oh, please, do try." The traffic controller's signal cut off before the Autobots could respond.

Zeta Prime nodded, evaluating what Rapido told him was available. "Enough to show them that we mean business, then, but not enough to actually cause any casualties?" He nodded, grunting appreciatively. "Good. Return fire if they attack, but don't fire first."

And he spoke, the shuttle's sensors would let out a short, high-pitched ping as Kolkular's anti-air weapons' sensors began to scan them. A single laser pulse shot past their bow, far enough away that it was obviously only a warning shot, but far too close for comfort.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Kaon Tunnels

"Still alive." Sixshot chuckled as he approached Magnus. Skywarp, rubbing the places where Sixshot had impaled him, tottered behind the sixchanger, afraid of what would happen if he pissed the larger Decepticon off. "Still alive. Best of the Autobots indeed."

Magnus was thrashing wildly, for all the good it did him. Sixshot snorted

Sixshot raised the large barrel of one of his hypersonic concussion cannon, the barrel large enough to fit Magnus' head inside. The weapon was pointed squarely at Magnus' head, and the weapon hummed to life as it built up a charge.

"Uh, big guy?" Skywarp timidly squeaked.

"Sixshot. My name is Sixshot." The hexchanger growled, voice thin as death. "What is it?"

"Don't you think... I mean, that guy may be more useful to us alive than dead. He's, you know, a high ranking Autobot and all. I don't really, ah, understand, but the higher ups might want to interrogate him and, stuff, and... uh..." Skywarp backed up several steps as Sixshot glared at him, red optics boring into Skywarp. "Sorry."

Sixshot made a snort. "Creator Scorponok, Creator Predacon, Creator Tarantulas, this is Sixshot. A group of Autobots have arrived to rescue the targets, but while I wounded two and have one at my mercy, I apologize to the fact that my original prey had escaped. I await punishment and further orders. As in, what to do with this 'Magnus' that I have, and whether to pursue Targets Wheeljack and Highbrow to wherever they had flown off to."

Governor's Palace

"Like he said. Me, King Grimlock." Grimlock told Thundercracker. Seekers. Fah. Not worth his attention. Arrogant but really very fragile. He gave Springer a look, nodding at the praise given his way. "Me, Grimlock, slag guys like you for sport. Good for you, me, Grimlock, busy at moment."

Grimlock turned back to regard Obsidian and the surprisingly smart Lugnut, then silently chuckled at his own hypocrisy. Wasn't he a smart hulking brute as well? It seems that there is more to Lugnut, as there is to him, than meets the optic sensors.

Obsidian waved Thundercracker (who was not recommended by Megatron, and unlike Springer or Mindwipe is not one of the Decepticon scientists' thugs) away. Looking at Lugnut, Obsidian asked, "Is this mech one of ours?"

Turning to Springer, Obsidian tilted his optic. "You are one of the scientists' creations, yes? You can stay."

Obsidian turned back to Lugnut. "This Skywarp will suffice, then." A fool that obeys orders. A highly useful pawn. "And I will ensure that he does not get distracted during our raid."

Scorponok snorted as Sixshot's report came to them, while watching the conclusion of the battle in his datapad. "Pity, Tarantulas. It seems that Sixshot did not succeed in tearing your rivals. Still, taking down an entire Autobot squad is impressive enough for a first run, yeeess. And the data can be recovered, or hacked."

He turned to Predacon and chuckled. "If I had a brother like you, I'd be embarrassed too. At you, that is. Not at your-" Scorponok gestured at the Vehicons. "-Achievements."
Lady Quickswitch

Post by Lady Quickswitch »

Kaon Tunnels

Sludge looked at the debris scattered on the tunnel's disgusting floor. He snuffled at it with his large head. Then, the others got his attention. He absently chewed on a piece of metal.

Sludge made a connection. The very large Transformer with so many modes was named Sixshot. The unit with the gun to his head was named Magnus.

Sludge had not aided the Autobot soldier because, unlike the pursued units, had not engaged him, had not asked for help. That and the fight was incredible and Sludge had seen nothing like it.

He swayed back and forth, uncertain of what to do next.

He scuttled forward.

"You Sixshot strong," Sludge said.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Kaon Tunnels

Sixshot whirled around to regard Sludge. The creature had not ran away. Skywarp yelped, noticing the large reptilian Transformer for the first time, but Sixshot ignored the Seeker. He considered what to do with Sludge.

He is not the enemy, he does not wear the brand of the Autobot oppressors.

Yet he does not wear the brand of the Decepticons as well.

What is he?

Collateral damage?

Sixshot glared at Skywarp. "Decepticon." Sixshot said, "What is that thing?"

Skywarp tilted his head, clearly not used to being asked questions. The Seeker shook his head. "I- I dunno, I think he's one of the guys tasked to clean the tunnels or something or other..."

"He is not an Autobot?"

"Nope. Neutral, I... think?"

"Would I be allowed to destroy it?"

"Uh, sure... I guess?" Skywarp said. It's not like he's useful like Magnus or something...

Sixshot glanced at Sludge again. This was the one that could shrug off his blast. Curious. "Tell me, neutral. You know I am strong. What is your name? What is your purpose?"
Lady Quickswitch

Kaon Tunnels

Sludge was in the process of assessing Skywarp's condition by poking his large reptilian snout in Skywarp's face and snuffling at the Seeker.

When Sixshot addressed him, Sludge transformed. He was large, but the hexchanger was far larger even than he was.

Sludge had no idea what "neutral" meant or "Autobot" or "Decepticon", but he did know his own name and his own function.

"Me am called Sludge," he replied, "Me clean tunnels," he enunciated the next very carefully from his data bank, "Me have function 'Waste Disposal'...I think." he looked confused, not actually knowing that Waste Disposal meant what he did in the tunnels every cycle, "Me clean tunnels for big Leader Megatron."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Kaon Tunnels

"Yii." Skywarp raised his hands to ward off Sludge, then teleported a few steps backwards to prevent the lizard from biting his head off. Thankfully, Sludge seemed to be quite a gentle giant.

Skywarp and Sixshot looked at each other when Sludge spoke. "Megatron is our leader, no?" Sixshot rumbled.

Skywarp nodded, but caught on quickly. "Ah, Sludge, then we are all friends here. Me and Sixshot here, we all work for Megatron. We are Decepticons." Skywarp smiled. "Do you get, ah, bored here, Sludge?"

Sixshot, quickly losing interest in two mechs that he isn't allowed to destroy, turned back to face Magnus, awaiting the reply from his creators.
Lady Quickswitch

Kaon Tunnels

"Waaugh!" Sludge blinked and stared, at a complete loss to understand the teleporting Seeker, and completely dazzled by it.

Oooh.

He had heard of Megatron, even in these tunnels, but had never met the governor.

"De--cept--i--cons..." Sludge said in his sleepy, lizardlike voice. He smiled at Skywarp, "Me Sludge wish me had friends in tunnels... Me get bored...I guess." Sludge had spoken more this one cycle than he had in half a stellar span. These units were friendly. At least Skywarp.

"De-cep-ti-cons, friends?" he asked shyly, beaming just a little, but unsure.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Governor's Palace

"You failed such a simple task?!" Tarantulas replied to Sixshot. The data he wanted was gone and now the scientists escaped too. However, it wasn't all a failure. Sixshot had Magnus at his mercy and that made Tarantulas a little giddy.

"We'll discuss you're failure later," Tarantulas added. "Don't kill him. Bring Magnus to the Kaon Polytechnic Research Institute and place him in one of the holding chambers. We'll be there shortly."

A high ranking Autobot in their custody. Tarantulas was already thinking of the many experiments that he could do to Magnus.

(ooc: if you need Magnus somewhere else, tell me. I'll modify my post)

"I am. Springer's the name," he replied to Obsidian "I thank you. Wouldn't know where else to go anyway."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Governor's Palace

"If I had a brother like me, Scorponok, I'd be ashamed too." Predacon grinned. "So...do we go ruins-ransacking, or should I just send some of my...accomplishments?"

He nodded toward the Vehicons.

Then he answered Sixshot. "Don't worry, boy. I'm proud of you for clobbering an Autobot unit. I didn't expect you to run into any of them so soon."

He smiled to Tarantulas. "Do you have proper interrogation stuff back at the school? I'm sure Little Brother could find somewhere for us to stash him here, if it's easier."

"So I'm told," Lugnut rumbled as he considered Thundercracker. He didn't know what to make of the seeker, truth be told. He was here, he seemed to act like one of them...but there was something about him that Lugnut didn't like. He didn't seem quite as...dedicated as Lugnut himself, or his fellow escaped prisoners.

Got to keep an eye on that one, he decided.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

B]Kaon Tunnels[/B]

"You won't be bored with the Decepticons." Skywarp said, grinning. "I know I'm never bored. Wait until Lugnut sees you, he'll throw a fit!"

Skywarp nodded happily, smiling. Having a big, giant, indestructible behemoth as a friend (well, Skywarp already had Lugnut as backup but Lugnut threatens to crush him into a cube and mail him to Vas Centralus every now and then) is never a bad thing. "Yeah, we're friends!" Skywarp said.

"Apologies, Creator Tarantulas." Sixshot replied to Tarantulas stoically. He knew it was his fault for engaging the soldiers instead of pursuing his prey.... but he so wanted to test out his arsenal!

Still, it was his fault.

Mommy Predacon was happy, though, and it seemed that everything went better than expected in terms of combat. Although Sixshot was a weapon, so how could he not? He was a living weapon.

"Acknowledged." At the order from Tarantulas, Sixshot grabbed Magnus' limp form by the crown of his head and got ready to move out towards KPI.

Governor's Palace

Obsidian nodded at Springer. "This... these scientists made you, yes, Springer? I do believe they have equipped you with talents of some sort. Pray tell, what can you do?"

Obsidian nodded at Lugnut, then looked back to Thundercracker. Like Lugnut, he considered Thundercracker some sort of a liability. He doesn't have the look of a devout follower like Lugnut, a follower like Mindwipe or a brainwashed one like Springer, or someone out for blood like Grimlock.

"Very well, then. I take Lugnut's recommendations. Thundercracker, you will go with Grimlock, Thrust and Mindwipe. You are to obey the express commands of these three. Springer, you are with me, Lugnut and the soon-to-be-arriving Skywarp. If there are no questions, we can depart now."

"Least you know you're an embarassment." Scorponok told Predacon. He waved his claw dismissively at the Vehicons. "Send the troops, of course! What good is hired help- sorry, barely sentient drones- if we don't make use of them?"

Scorponok nodded. "I am impressed that your systems do not glitch. Though pay attention to your objectives later. We'll discuss this failure later." Scorponok growled. "I think it's best that Sixshot bring Magnus here to Kolkular. I think presenting him directly to Megatron, in front of a crowd, would be quite a spectacle, wouldn't it? And a show of force would turn any fence-sitters squarely to our side."
Shine

Post by Shine »

(OOC: Sorry for being away, guys. :0 And, yup, Warcry gave me permission to use this minor OC in the next couple of posts for Vortex.)

Personal Quarters – Decepticon Command Base

Placed on a berth with his actuators behind his helm for something it could rest in and legs casually crossed, Vortex gave very little indication of getting up any time soon. He had no reason to. Surrendering to his malicious nature on his last mission had proven to be an error. He knew that—had always known that—but decided to risk it anyway.

He hummed a tune. Sometimes he couldn't help himself, despite being well aware of any repercussions, no matter how severe, that would result. And when he'd had his fun he did his time accordingly. It was a cycle he constantly repeated, with no end in sight. In his experiences so far the punishment had yet to outweigh the crime, so his dark side remained at large, waiting for another occasion to cause trouble.

He often wondered why High Command continued to give him mere slaps on the wrist joints. But then again, they were never knowledgeable of the worst acts Vortex had committed. No one was.

He ceased humming. Although it was boring to be confined in the base, it was sort of relaxing at the same time. Must have been the berth he occupied. It had been particularly inviting when he first came across it.

“What in the name of all things fragged is going on here?”

Unfazed, Vortex didn't even look at the Decepticon who had so abruptly disturbed his respite with his booming voice. Although it barely challenged his great intelligence, he had already recognised his type due to the hoarse tone and brusque conduct. A personal favourite of his.

“Looks to me as if I'm having a bit of a rest. But I could be wrong.”

The larger Decepticon scuttled forward a few steps, his actuators scrunched into balls, his glare locked onto Vortex. ”You got that second part right. You're dead wrong.”

“Dead wrong, huh?” Vortex shifted slightly on the berth. His previous position was beginning to feel uncomfortable. “You sound pretty sure of yourself. Maybe I should listen to what you have to say.”

“You're in my fraggin' quarters, sittin' on my fraggin' berth!"

Vortex continued to focus his stare on the ceiling. “Now, now. There's no need to get upset and throw a tantrum. They're for protoforms, not fully developed Transformers.”

The larger Decepticon advanced another couple of steps. “Do you have slag stuffed between your audio modules? Did you not hear me?”

“Oh, I heard ya.” Vortex turned on his side, finally permitting this moron his attention. “But the thing is, I don't see your name anywhere in this room.”

Chainfist remained in his hostile stance as if frozen. In truth he was striving to comprehend the ridiculous words of the smaller Decepticon. He could not have been serious; that was impossible. A mech simply never made himself at home in another mech's quarters, especially if those quarters were inhabited by someone as lethal and menacing as Chainfist.

“You haven't been here for very long, have you, friend?”

Vortex considered the question for a moment. He shrugged. “Maybe. Maybe not?”

This one, however, appeared to be an exception. No problem. Chainfist had numerous methods in which he could select from to rid himself of this puny wise-cracking pest. All contained varying levels of brutality.

Perhaps he would start by ripping off his mouth-plate.

“So, big guy, where did you come from anyway? You kind of just appeared out of nowhere. It was strange.”

Or, alternatively, he could charge the interrogator and beat him until he resembled a pile of unsalvageable scrap.

Vortex waved at Chainfist. “Hello? Is anybody there? You still with me, big guy?”

Chainfist was removed from his thoughts and transported back to reality when Vortex spoke. Yes. That was precisely the course of action he intended to proceed with. Move in hard and fast, admitting no opportunity of retaliation, of offering another stupid remark. Of survival.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Governor's Palace

Tarantulas was already leaking oil from the mouth at the thought of the many things that he could do to Magnus, when both Scorponok and Predacon made another suggestion. "Do you know the many experiments that we can do to a mech with such a strong spark? He survived the onslaught that Sixshot made him endure much longer than I had anticipated!"

He sighed. Tarantulas too realized that presenting Magnus as a gift to Megatron would solidify their position within the Decepticon hierarchy. ""Very well..." He tapped on his arm and contacted Sixshot again. "Tarantulas to Sixshot. New orders. bring Magnus to the Governor's Palace. You're going to meet our leader so present yourself accordingly. We want to impress him, not anger him."

_________

Yes, they have," Springer replied to Obsidian. "I have been given an additional alt mode. However, I suffer from a slight discomfort every time I change into a different mode. I'm guessing Team Science still has to perfect the process."
Aspiring DJ!
Ulcrain
Protoform

Post by Ulcrain »

Govaners Palece

Thundercracker touched his left optic, where flayed in a Alicon shell all those cycles ago before turing to Obsidian. "General Obsidian I presume?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Governor's Palace

Predacon sighed melodramatically. "Oh, fine, you spoilsport. Deny me a good ransacking." he agreed with Scorponok. He snapped his fingers, then sent two of the Vehicons off to investigate Kaon's newest ruins.

"I'll go find Brother Meggy and tell him we've got another present for him."

The scientist headed toward Megatron's private wing of the palace, skipping along excitedly.

Lugnut unconsciously balled his thick fingers into fists at the prospect of more action.

"Let's do this!" he said, his one-track mind now focused with laser-like precision on the mission to come and absolutely nothing else.

Prime's Shuttle

Zeta Prime held tight to his staff as a volley of laser fire rocked the shuttle.

"I say, that was a bit more than a warning shot," he told Kup and Rapido. "Get us down on the ground now, please. Getting shot out of the sky isn't a dignified way for the Prime to arrive."
Chip1123
Protoform

Governor's Palace

Post by Chip1123 »

"Alright guys. Hope you were paying attention to our orders." Thrust said looking over those who General Obsidian had told him to work with for this mission. "Everyone have fuel and weapons, or do we need to make a stop by the armoury?" Thrust asked his new squadmates - Grimlock, Thundercracker, and Mindwipe.

---------------------

Prime's Shuttle

Rapido aligned his turret and returned fire on the cannon which shot the shuttle. "My apologies Zeta. Guess they don't want to play nice. Kup, bring us down out of that cannon's firing arc!"
Blackjack

OOC: I'M BAAACK! Miss me?

Post by Blackjack »

Governor's Palace

Scorponok nodded in agreement. "Indeed. He will make a fine addition to our growing army, especially with that mind-control algorithm of yours, eh, Tarantulas?"

Scorponok shrugged at Predacon. "Oh, like you'll prefer ransacking to experimenting on our captives." He shook his head in annoyance as Predacon bounded away. "I envy him, you know." Scorponok told Tarantulas once Predacon is out of earshot. "Not a care in the world."

"Fascinating..." Obsidian nodded at Springer's explanation of his powers. Curious. 'Team Science' seems to be experimenting with the very fabric of Cybertronian physiology... and while Obsidian did not find himself in any way agreeable to forcing other Transformers to experimentation, any advantage in battle would be... beneficial indeed.

Even though it goes against all laws of nature...

Soon Obsidian realized he had been silent for quite some time. "Yes." Obsidian told Thundercracker curtly. "And while I would like to make pleasantries here, time is of the essence, for Mindwipe's security codes won't last for long. Thrust, take Grimlock, Mindwipe and Thundercracker and get to Altihex now. Lugnut and Springer, we'll wait for our teleporting comrade's arrival."

Grimlock nodded, letting out a growl. "Me, Grimlock, love turkey shoot." he turned to Thrust and shook his head. "Me, Grimlock, no need weapons. Fists better." Grimlock raised his massive fists up. "Also, me, Grimlock, drink a lot fuel before me get here."

Kaon Tunnels

"As you command, Creator Tarantulas." Sixshot spoke into his commlink. Sixshot turned to Magnus and grabbed the wounded Autobot by the neck.

"As he commands- who is Tarantulas- what are you doing?" Despite himself, Skywarp found himself materializing in front of Sixshot again.

Sixshot narrowed his optics. This Skywarp is starting to become a large nuisance. But he was on their side, and thus... "I have orders to bring this Magnus to Governor's Palace, and impress our leader. Though I confess I am at a loss at how to do so."

Skywarp grinned and spread his arms wide. "Are you kiddin' me? You just beat the Autobots' best soldier into an inch from death! That'd impress the boss anytime! Right, big guy?" Skywarp glanced at Sludge, grinning from ear to ear.

"I suppose so." Sixshot said, though he didn't seem sure of himself. "Let us go then." Without waiting for Skywarp, engines in Sixshot's legs activated and he shot into the sky, still grabbing Magnus by the throat.

Skywarp turned to Sludge with a would-you-believe-that-guy look on his face. "So... you coming?"
Chip1123
Protoform

Governor's Palace

Post by Chip1123 »

"Alright then." Thrust said in reply to Grimlock, walking towards the door "As long as these two," Thrust said, looking back at Mindwipe and Thundercracker, "are good, then let's head out. Like General Obsidian said, we don't have too long to do this, so we need to go."

Hopefully Grimlock and Mindwipe are more reliable than Thundercracker was on our last mission. And if Thundercracker flakes on us again, I don't think Megatron will be quite so forgiving a second time... Thrust thought to himself.