[New RPG] The Two Solitudes: Kaon (Decepticon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Lady Quickswitch

Post by Lady Quickswitch »

(OOC: Apparently I can't count either because I forgot about Hytherion. Sorry, Brave Maximus. :/ And Sky Lynx doesn't actually have a 'disembodied voice'. Just that his voice was coming from his blocky cargo-carrier instead of his bird-beak.)

Kaon, Outside the Workshop, and Skies

Sky Lynx flew closer to himself once he could confidently assume the multi-changer was targetting Magnus.

"As predicted," he pronounced. The rescue mission was almost to a close.

The beast changed forms from Sky to Shuttle and converged with his cargo carrier.

He called out to Magnus, "Magnus! I expect a trophy of its cog when we meet again! Primus preserve you!" he shouted with deep reverence.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Governor's Palace

Megatron listened to Skywarp's transmission, then used his datapad to play the video that the seeker had sent.

Predacon saw it and clapped his hands together. "You like? Scorponok and I made him. Can you believe it? Or first protoform, a sixchanger! Oh, look at all the destruction he's caused, Scorpy! I'm so proud."

Megatron groaned. "He's one of ours, apparently. Watch him and evaluate how he does. Then report back to me once the battle is over."

As he was talking he ducked into the secure corridor that led to his private chambers, where he knew the one who'd inflicted this...strangely exhilarating substance on him would be waiting.

(OOC: That's your cue, Brave. Sorry it took so long. :) )

Lugnut nodded curtly. "I am," he told Obsidian. "Skywarp is more trouble than he's worth, though. Unless you like constantly babysitting freshly-hatched protoforms that haven't been programmed."

He watched Megatron disappear as he spoke to Obsidian, obviously wishing he could go with his leader to watch his back.

When Obsidian asked about 'special powers', he forced his attention back to the new air commander. Cracking his knuckles, he said, "I make black holes when I punch. Oh, and that Skywarp idiot can teleport, but only seems to know how to use it for 'hilarious' practical jokes."

Skullgrin nodded. "Well, we should really do something about that," he told Venom. "Do we have a script yet? I'm eager to start shooting as soon as we can."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Governor's Palace

Scorponok actually chuckled at Megatron and Predacon's reactions. Admittedly Megatron didn't quite have the reaction he was expecting when Predacon said 'sixchanger', but Scorponok knew that Megatron won't be much of a leader if he was impressed with simple name-droppings.

He waits until evaluations. A smart one. He would make a devastating businessmech, should he be inclined to do it.

"He won't disappoint, Governor." Scorponok called out as Megatron left. Once he had, he turned to Predacon and Tarantulas. "Well, that went better than expected."

Obsidian shook his head. "Pity." He told Lugnut. "A teleporter would have been useful for what I am planning. However, does he take directions well? Otherwise we'll make use of Thrust and yourself. Your ability to create localized black holes would be undoubtedly useful."

Obsidian noted Lugnut's look as Megatron departed. A loyalist. Good.

"Now, I'm planning to hit three prisons simultaneously. The Altihex Detention Center, the Orbital Thetacon Prison, and one of those prison ships sending convicts off-planet. But since your Skywarp is unreliable, we shall need to scratch that last one off... for the moment." Obsidian said. "I believe Lord Megatron would be pleased if we were to return with more than a hundred soldiers with a vengeance against the Autobots."

Obsidian tapped his chin. "Of course, anyone showing the slightest sign of disloyalty will be shot at spot. These people, remember, are rebels and criminals, and are as likely to rebel against Megatron as they are against the Autobots. But since we are building a new world order, we should really give them a second chance, should we?"

Kaon Tunnels

"I will tear out his cog, primitive!" Sixshot yelled back at Sky Lynx. He felt a pang in his chest at seeing those prey get away, but he just had to kill Magnus. He knew he could easily take down the others- maybe not the big bird, but he knew he couldn't take down Magnus.

"Yes, Megatron." Skywarp told his leader. Sit down and evaluate. Okay, he could do that. Should he take out the escaping Autobots, though? Megatron didn't say anything about taking out the enemy, so Skywarp did not do a thing.

After all, he can share the blame with Motormaster this time.

He watched Sixshot, and frankly, the sixchanger scared him, moreso than Lugnut. The devastation he managed....
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Kaon Tunnels

Magnus stood ready as Sixshot pounced at him. The animal mode of Sixshot was to be feared. The sharp claws and teeth alone would be enough to pierce his armor, but Magnus had no choice, but to face him. Not only was Sixshot between him and Sky Lynx, but Magnus knew that he wasn't going t leave Kaon anytime soon. He had to sacrifice himself for the sake of the others. They had to get out. They were important. He was just a soldier.

"It's not going to be that easy, Sixshot," Magnus said as he heard Sky Lynx calling his name. He didn't reply. He had to stay focused. The enemy he faced now was greater than any other enemy that had faced before. Magnus however sensed that Sixshot was a little inexperienced. For all his power, he still had a long way to go before mastering his form. It was something that Magnus could use to his advantage.

"Only one mech will walk away from this fight," he said while his hammer was starting to crackle with electricity, "and it's not going to be you!" Hammer fully charged, Magnus ran at Sixshot, ready to bring down it down on him with full force.

Onboard Sky Lynx

Wheeljack sat down and Jazz sat in the seat next to him. "Stop talking and start flying," Jazz said. "The quicker we're out of here the better." Jazz looked over his shoulder to the others. "Topspin, Highbrow, Switch. Strap yourselves in. We're going home."

Prime Shuttle

Kup looked over his shoulder to Zeta Prime. "Streaming all in-flight status reports, commander." Kup saw the governor's mansion in the distance. He tried contacting the Mansion first before landing the shuttle.

"This is Kup, from the Autobot Army. Requesting permission to land. Over." He didn't mention right away that The Prime was on board. For some reason, he had a bad feeling about this whole trip.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Chip1123
Protoform

Onboard Sky Lynx

Post by Chip1123 »

Highbrow hovered over the ground, letting Topspin drop down first before Transforming. He boarded the shuttle, ready to depart.

Topspin landed, carrying Switch over and placing him inside Sky Lynx as well. "We're ready. Let's go." He said, bitter about leaving a comrade behind.

------------------------

Prime Shuttle

"So far, so good." Rapido said to Kup, not wanting to let in on the fact that this whole trip made him nervous. At least when he and Jazz had been here before, they had been undercover. This was a totally different experience.

------------------------

Governor's Palace

"New recruits would be good, even if most of them end up as cannon fodder. Better them than me. And besides, some might even prove useful." Thrust said in reply to Obsidian, laughter in his tone. "So what kind of resistance are we expecting at these sites?"
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Lady Quickswitch

Post by Lady Quickswitch »

Kaon, next to what's left of Wheeljack's Workshop

"That'll be the day, monstrosity!" Sky Lynx crowed to Sixshot, before blasting off.

"Hold on tight!"

He made a swift ascent and gained altitude away from the pocked Kaon landscape, leaving Magnus and Sixshot behind.

=====

Onboard Sky Lynx

Switch slumped against the cabin wall as Topspin placed him down.
Another piece of armor came lose, the circuits within cracked and damaged.

He winced in pain as a loud pop erupted from his damaged wiring.

=====

Sludge watched the fight between Magnus and Sixshot with interested glowing optics. He scuttled in for a closer look, took a chunk out of some debris on the ground and consumed it.

(To the batcave! Continued in the Iacon thread.)
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Governor's Palace

Venom reached into subspace and pulled out a datapad.

"Here you go . It's all on here."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Kaon Tunnels

Sixshot let out a soft, guttural sound that sounded like a purr had it been coming from something small and fluffy. As it is, Sixshot was far from small and fluffy.

This

Is

Going

To be

A satisfying battle.

Killing the eggheads be damned.

"Oh, but it is easy." Sixshot hissed, red optics gleaming brightly. "You are harder than the rest. Stronger. But you're just a soldier. While I-"

Sixshot lunged forwards as Magnus charged him, transforming mid-leap into his armoured car mode, ready to return the favour of ramming Magnus. His hypersonic concussion cannons slid out of their recessed compartments, but Sixshot did not fire them, wanting to savour Magnus' pain first. "-am a living weapon!"

"They're escaping." Skywarp said, and he teleported behind Sky Lynx, and began peppering the Autobot shuttle with machine-gun bullets... but Skywarp was not expecting the speed that the Autobot shuttle could pull, and soon Sky Lynx was away.

Knowing that Megatron told him to watch Sixshot (and not ensure the mission's success) he broke pursuit pretty early and transformed mid-air, watching as Sixshot battled Magnus in the cavern, letting out a soft yelp of surprise as Sixshot transformed from beast mode into an armoured car.

What... what just happened? Skywarp thought, his brain to dimwitted to understand what Megatron had told him.

Governor's Palace

Obsidian nodded at Thrust's assessment. "Quite true, Thrust. In a game of fullstasis, there must be pawns. If they prove to be useful, they will obtain a promotion... but they serve just as well by being pawns."

Obsidian shrugged. "Altihex, if Mindwipe is anything to go by, would have the standard guards and weapon systems. Not to mention a hotline to the military bases nearby. On the other hand, the Orbital Thetacon Prison, while they have less guards, is harder to assault due to it being in space, and they would see anyone coming and very easily shoot them down."

Obsidian steeped his fingers. "And should we attempt a raid on a prison, rest assured the other prisons will be alerted to what we are attempting. Thus I suggest a simultaneous breakout attempt."

He turned from Thrust to Lugnut. "Breaking into Altihex prison is going to be relatively simple, thanks to our friend Mindwipe here. With him, our forces can easily infiltrate the facility, making their way relatively deep so as to facilitate a breakout. As for the Orbital Thetacon Prison, I suggest hijacking one of the orbital ships sending prisoners off-planet, then using that to approach the prison. I imagine this 'Skywarp' would be useful in the latter."
Ulcrain
Protoform

Post by Ulcrain »

Govaners Palece

Mindwipe turned to Obsidian an held up his gun "Did I mention that this thing here can deactivate security systums?" he said with a grin.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Kaon Tunnels

The scientists and the other Autobots made it out of Kaon. Good. That means that the mission was accomplished and all Magnus had to do now was to survive Sixshot long enough to make it back to Iacon himself. That, however, was much easier said than done. Sixshot was bound for his destruction and Magnus was running on his last bit of energy. He had taken way too much damage already. His gut punctured on several positions, parts of his armor missing... he just couldn't take that much anymore. He needed to end the fight as quick as he could or stasis lock would follow soon.

He tried to remember everything that Kup and Sentinel taught him at the War Academy. So far he recorded everything he could about Sixshot. Knowing your enemy. It's one of the very first things that Kup taught him and if you're going up against something new, try to find out as much as you can. He did just that. Magnus has witness all of Sixshot's modes and most fighting abilities.

The trouble wasn't coming up with a ways to counter Sixshot's attacks. The problem was the force behind the attacks. They were off the charts and Magnus wasn't built to resist such force. As was the case when Sixshot charged him in vehicle mode. He had a way to counter that force with his hammer, but using the hammer depleted his energon reserves quick. He had no choice. He had to stop Sixshot dead in his tracks.

His hammer started to crackle with energy even more. Last ditch effort to stop the guy. Can't use the hammer much longer, he thought. "You're going to be a dismantled living weapon when I'm done with you, punk," he shouted as he brought the hammer down intending to smack it right on top of Sixshot's hood.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Governor's Palace

"No, you did not." Obsidian told Mindwipe. "Whilst I doubt it would work for the other prisons, it would be very useful in the one that you had been assigned to. Excellent. This would make our breakout attempt... so much simpler. How often do they change the security codes?"

Kaon Tunnels

Magnus' hammer slammed with more force than Sixshot had expected, smashing through the central part of the hood of Sixshot's armoured carrier mode.

It hurt.

Sixshot, however, laughed. "Oh, you are quite a good fighter, best-of-the-Autobots. But you're no match for me."

Sixshot continued to rev up his wheels, intending to gore Magnus down through the tunnels, to slam the Autobot warrior onto the wall.

Sixshot's weapons, though they are trained at Magnus, still did not fire. Sixshot wanted to know what he could do without them.

He

Needed

To know

His limits.
Ulcrain
Protoform

Post by Ulcrain »

Govaners Palece

"Roughtly every two deca cycles" Mindwipe said with a grin, twirling his gun around.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Governor's Palace

"Assuming that the time you arrived is roughly the time that they switched security codes, it means that you, Mindwipe, still have access to the Altihex prison. We have a relatively short time window, which is manageable if we do it now." Obsidian turned to Lugnut and Thrust, sizing them up.

"Here is my plan. Mindwipe and Thrust and... Grimlock, do you want in?" After an affirmative grunt, Obsidian continued. "...and Grimlock shall infiltrate the Altihex prison. With Mindwipe's codes, you would be allowed to gain entry. Thrust and Grimlock can pose as prisoners for transfer. Take out the guards and instigate a breakout, then escape. Simultaneously, Lugnut, Skywarp and myself will hijack an orbital prison shuttle, and then steer it to the Thetacon Detention Center, and take it over. Skywarp's teleportation and Lugnut's gravity punch would prove most useful, while I will be able to convince the Thetacon leader to be absolved into the Decepticon cause."

Obsidian looked at the gathered Decepticons. "Any questions?"
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Kaon Tunnels

That was it. No more juice left for the hammer, so Magnus subspaced it away and all he had left now was one rocket, his rifle and his fists. His rifle wasn't much of an option either, not this close. Same goes for his rocket. Fists it is then.

Sixshot rammed Magnus and he was sent crashing into the wall. Magnus was battered, broken and almost defeated. All that kept him standing right now was his will. He just won't give up. He knew that he might not walk away from this one, but he sure would give Sixshot a run for his money. Had only one option left. One last desperation move, but he had to be close to Sixshot to pull it off. Magnus interlocked his fingers to make one giant fist and charged Sixshot again, intending to strike him where he had hurt him earlier.
Aspiring DJ!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Kaon Tunnels

"Why are you putting away the hammer, soldier boy?" Sixshot taunted, transforming into his robot mode, the shifting plates moving the dented part onto his back and legs, away from Magnus' reach. "Trying to hit my wound, now, are you? Not that easy, I'm afraid..."

As he transformed, Sixshot's own hand lashed out, intercepting Magnus' punch by catching it, and using his own not inconsiderable force to push back. "You're good. I grant you that. Anyone who can last this long against me is good. But I am the best."

Saying that, Sixshot lashed out with his other fist at Magnus' head.
Chip1123
Protoform

Governor's Palace

Post by Chip1123 »

Thrust looked over his assigned squadmates for this mission. He was glad Grimlock had been assigned to his squad. He was definitely one bot he would not want to meet in a dark alley. He had fighting skills, as evident by the arena matches, even if he wasn't too bright. "Are there any 'high-priority' targets? People that we need to break-out before the others?" Thrust asked in reply to Obsidian's question.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Governor's Palace

"Not particularly." Obsidian told Thrust. "Normally the high-priority targets would be their leaders, but since yours truly had sent them on their way to the Well of the Allsparks, we're really going for quantity here."

Obsidian chuckled. "Although obviously those incarcerated in the high security areas would be more dangerous and ergo more valuable than those that are not."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Governor's Palace

Predacon smiled. "I told you that he would be happy to have us," he reminded Scorponok and Tarantulas. "Every revolutionary needs a good armourer. As long as we keep giving him new toys, he'll make sure we've got every resource we need to do our work. And speaking of...shouldn't we check on how our bouncing baby boy is doing?"

Lugnut laughed. "Skywarp, take instructions? If you wanna stand behind him and constantly remind him what they were, maybe."

He flexed his three-fingered hands in anticipation of the carnage as Obsidian explained their objectives.

"Sounds like fun. But what do we do once we've got the place? I'm sure that dummy Skywarp can get us aboard one of the ships, and I can handle the guards. But how do we get back to the planet without getting shot down? The 'Bots are dumb, but not dumb enough to lose an entire prison and not notice. They'll be gunning for our shuttles." He shrugged. "Or can we just take the whole mess down from orbit?"

Skullgrin took the script that Venom had passed him and (figuratively) leafed through the pages. "This is very interesting," he said appreciatively. "Definitely a deeper script than the ones I'm usually offered. Did you write it yourself?"

Prime's Shuttle

(OOC: Just moving things along...)

"Go to hell," was the response from Kolkular's air traffic controller. "Autobots aren't welcome here."

Zeta Prime looked up from the reports that Kup had streamed him. Initially it was to verbally flagellate the soldier by calling him by the insultingly-low title of 'commander', but the Decepticon's rude response outraged him even more thoroughly.

"The indignity!" he barked. "Kup, tell them that we're landing and there's nothing they can do about it. If they're stupid enough to try and shoot us down, we'll just have to force our way in. You," he said to Rapido, who he still didn't quite recognize, "what sort of guns does this ship carry?"
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Kaon Tunnels

Saying that, Sixshot lashed out with his other fist at Magnus' head.[/QUOTE]

Sixshot's fist collided with Magnus' head with a vengeance and it would've taken his head clean off if he were a minibot. Good thing he's far from it. His vision was betting blurry and he had taken as much damage as he could. The mission was over and it was a success. There was no point anymore in fighting.

With Sixshot in close range, Magnus prepared himself to the one thing he never expected to do: saccrifice his life to stop this beast. "You'll never take me alive," he shouted and then fired off his last missile in close range at Sixshot. Being this close to the blast could possibly damage Magnus beyond repair, but it was a chance that he had to take.

Prime's Shuttle

"This is not going end well", Kup thought as Zeta told him to land anyway. "Welcome or not, we're going to land anyway," Kup replied to the Kolkular air traffic controller. "Try to shoot us down and we'll be forced to defend ourselves."
Aspiring DJ!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Governor's Palace

Scorponok chuckled. "But you never told us you had a brother, Predacon. The Governor of Kaon! Why, if you told me before I had to camp out here, I wouldn't have to go into hiding... I could've openly supported this revolution from the inside of the Senate!"

Scorponok shrugged, the simple action returning his smirk back into a scowl. "Ah, well. No sense musing over past mistakes. Let us check on him..."

Scorponok pulled out a datapad and it activated to show the battle against Magnus, from Sixshot's optics. "Replay the entire duration of the battle." Scorponok said. The datapad, made to follow Scorponok's voice command (well, claws aren't exactly user-friendly) complied, showing Sixshot as he faced off against the forcefields of Wheeljack's laboratory.

"But is he loyal? And does he have complete control of his skills?" Obsidian asked Lugnut. "I have dealt with clueless buffoons in the past-"

Grimlock snorted loudly at this.

"Oh, hush. I was not referring to you." Obsidian waved his fingers dismissively at Grimlock. "As such, if his loyalty and the skills he possesses are not doubted, he shall be... sufficient."

Obsidian then nodded at Lugnut's words. "Excellent observation, Lugnut. Clearly your brawn does not imply a lack of an inquisitive mind." Grimlock snorted loudly again, but Obsidian ignored him. "I was planning on taking over the entire orbital station--which would be an easy feat once we spring the prisoners on board--and land it here in Kaon before the Autobots can muster a force to shoot us down from orbit."

Obsidian shrugged. "Of course, being designed in my time, I had made sure that there are some installed contingency measures should these orbital prisons be raided in a manner such as this. To my knowledge, a chaosmaster bomb is planted within the core of the prison, and the warden has standing orders to detonate the bomb, thus blowing us all up. Of course, I being who I am... I have a killcodes to deactivate the chaosmaster bomb's detonators, for I was part of the group of soldiers to install the bomb in the prison's core."

Obsidian chuckled. "So not only will we be bringing Governor Megatron two prisons' worth of troops, we shall bring him a nuclear weapon as well."

Kaon Tunnels

Sixshot growled in surprise as Magnus opened fire point-blank. This was sheer stupidity, the Autobot fool would kill himself in the process-

Sixshot threw himself off Magnus with a loud snarl, but there was no way to dodge the missile that slammed onto his chest.

The hexchanger was thrown by the force of the close-impact explosion, slamming onto the other side of the tunnel. He shook his head to clear his head of the cobwebs, and inspected his chest. The paint has been sheared off, and one of his wings was slightly dented, and several chunks of the exostructure was flaked off... but no harm done.

Only that missile, the hammer attack, and the needle-like projectiles had damaged him. As for the Autobots, he had destroyed the laboratory, heavily wounded two of them and had one here, possibly dead by his own suicidal attack.

No kills, though, and that irked Sixshot the most.

The hexchanger strode towards Magnus, and looked at the Autobot. Still alive, Sixshot noted. Barely, but still alive. Sixshot grabbed Magnus' helmet with one hand, and he flicked his other hand to deploy the arm blades. "You fought well, best of the Autobots. But it shall be by Sixshot's hand that you will die..."

There was a soft sound behind Sixshot, like some kind of muffled explosion. A tinge of smell that Sixshot couldn't place, and the sight of black mists on his peripheral vision, caused Sixshot to immediately whirl around, the blades on his wrist slashing at the Seeker who had suddenly materialized behind him.

"No- wait- WAIT-" Skywarp yelled as he ducked, barely avoiding getting his head carved apart by Sixshot. "WAIT-"

Sixshot, however, was not one for waiting. Dropping the damaged Magnus, Sixshot deployed the blades on his other arm and swung around, slamming both claws at the Seeker. "You will find that no one can get the better of Sixshot. Now you die."

Skywarp disappeared into tendrils of purple-black smokes, and reappeared on the other end of the tunnel. "Wait, you idiot, I'm on your side-"

But Sixshot was faster than Skywarp gave him credit for. Before he finished his sentence, the six-changer had lunged at him, blurring into beast mode mid-air. This time, Skywarp was not able to teleport in time, and found the larger hexchanger pinning him onto the ground, claws impaling his shoulders. Jerking his head to one side to avoid getting his head bitten into half by Sixshot's open maw, Skywarp pointed frantically to the Decepticon insignia on his wing. "WAIT WAIT WAIT! I'm on your side! See! WHOA! Same face! Same face!"

Sixshot stopped short of dismembering Skywarp, and growled. Skywarp looked into Sixshot's beast mode's optics, and gulped. There was no sign of compassion, or understanding in those optics. It was as if Sixshot was a real machine, a soulless, killing machine instead of, well... Skywarp wasn't a philosopher, but he was sure real living Cybertronians had some kind of... life? He didn't know. He just know that he was scared sparkless of Sixshot.

"Do not sneak up on me. I shall not be so slow to go for the kill the next time." Sixshot growled as he stood up, transforming back into robot mode and stalking towards Magnus, intent on making his first kill.