[New RPG] The Two Solitudes: Kaon (Decepticon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Main Spaceport

Starscream stayed close to Jetfire, taking in the sights. He knew Kaon of old, was pleased to see the spaceport was fully functional again and regeneration works going on across the City. He said nothing, but he was thinking a lot.

Given the unique information the two explorers were carrying - details of planets suitable for mining and/or colonisation - naturally Starscream was on his guard. It just would not do for them to return home unharmed (bar the few dents and scratches to the paintwork) and get scrapped for what they knew. Oh, yes, he was well aware of the industrial advantage of claiming new worlds to others outside the Tagan Heights area.

He wondered if Jetfire was.

Still, the place was busy. Very busy. That was reassuring. He began to relax.

"Hey, Jetfire," he said, cheekily. "From up there, can you see any official welcome committee?"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Chip1123
Protoform

Main Spaceport

Post by Chip1123 »

Thrust sent a communication to Lugnut, getting him on the same channel that he and Skywarp were already using.

"Lugnut, Skywarp wants to put the mission first. The newcomers can wait. Any chance we can blow them off somehow until this mission is wrapped up?"

---------------------------------------------

Kaon Office

Clench waited until Grimlock had closed the line with him before laughing. The bot was dumb, but could make him some serious credits if he could help bring back some of the audience to the arenas.

He had though of a few bots who could manage Grimlock while they were on the line. Sideswipe had jumped to mind pretty quickly, but considering he might have to fight him, or his brother Sunstreaker, it seemed like a conflict of interest. The next thought was Eject. He would be a good manager if he could earn Grimlock's respect.

Clench put in Eject's information and sent him a communication request. "Eject, this is Clench. I have a gladiator in need of your services. Up and coming, good potential. Let me know if you are interested."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Selkadoom

Main Spaceport

Post by Selkadoom »

"Well where I'm from I was and still am the best flyer and fighter. Him he's not too bright, but he's loyal and can flatten half a city in a few minutes" boasted Thundercracker
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Advanced Laboratories, Kaon Polytechnic Institute

Scorponok made a disgusted sound. "Hurting the criminals and corrupt officials like me, that I understand. But hurting the people who fight for them? Iacon's government is flawed, you know that?" Scorponok sighed, a deep, tired sigh that betrayed his scowling facade.

"Something has to be done." He muttered, whether to himself or to Predacon and Finback is uncertain.

Main Spaceport

Skywarp peered out of the crates he was hiding behind, observing Starscream and Jetfire. Screw Lugnut, he probably wanted all the glory for himself!

But Skywarp did not dwell on that thought for too long. Lugnut was too loyal to Megatron, and that was fine. Ignoring the two possible recruits, Skywarp got himself ready to teleport in front of Starscream and Jetfire should they miss the sign that Lugnut was holding.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Main Spaceport

Jetfire looked around the spaceport when he heard Starscream's question, and felt a small rush of excitement when he saw someone carrying a sign with their names. "Looks like someone is waiting for us," he told his partner.

The scientist had a small frown on his face, though, as he glaced over Lugnut and his companions. Something about them just seemed...off a bit, as if they were out-of-place in the newly-built, shiny Kaon spaceport. Jetfire's frown deepened a bit more as he remembered just how dingy and run-down the spaceport had been the last time he'd been here, when it had been filled with mechs like their new friend instead of the well-heeled business crowd that seemed to frequent it now.

"I suppose we should go make some introductions," he said at last.

Lugnut scowled. He'd been hoping to get rid of the two newcomers more easily, and evem more so the irritating Skywarp.

"If you don't get them out of here," he commed to Thrust, trying again, "they're going to make a scene and our cover will be blown before we can get out of here with the package. Recruit them, train them, kill them, teleport them to the moon...I don't care what you do with them but I want them out from underfoot without drawing any attention to us."

He was walking toward Starscream and Jetfire as he sent that, and as soon as he was within earshot he called out to them, "Sirs? I'm Lugnut. The governor's office sent me to meet you."

"A pleasure," Jetfire responded warily.

Advanced Research Labs, Kaon Polytechnic Institute

Predacon cocked his head to one side. "Who said anything about paying?" he asked Scorponok, genuinely confused. "My lab is generously funded by Lord Megatron as it is. If I decide to work on our visitor it'll be for the good of the Cybertronian race, not for my own petty gain."

Frowning for a second, he guessed, "A new body won't be enough, I don't think. If this disease has gotten into your nervous or immune systems then it'll just spread out to devour the new one too. We need to find a way to keep it in check first before we try to repair the damage its done, or a solar cycle from now we'll be right back where we started. Of course, lucky for you I have a few ideas that I've been just dying to try out. For science, you understand."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Main Spaceport

Skywarp waited as Jetfire approached Lugnut and talked to the large Decepticon. He remained still, machineguns online, ready to warp into action should the situation demand it.

He smirked as he regarded Starscream... another Seeker...

"Hrnn." Scorponok growled as he listened to Predacon's words. Maybe his crazy colleague does have a point. Megatron may be able to restore glory to the Cybertronian race. If so, then... this might be a start to make amends. Of sort, anyway... Megatron also happens to be the strongest force around, so it was partially selfish reasons as well. "You know, Predacon, I might be interested in joining up with Lord Megatron as well, come to think about it."

But the scientific bit got Scorponok interested. He nodded, and began to tackle the problem from the scientific angle. "How about grafting some organic carapace to him? I've toyed with the idea of organics being able to regenerate parts of their body that they have lost. If that could be done to our friend here, the organic carapace would be able to prevent the rust from eating him."
Chip1123
Protoform

Main Spaceport

Post by Chip1123 »

"I'll get them away, let you two handle the assignment. I'll stay nearby if you need me." Thrust said to Lugnut and Skywarp.

Turning his attention back towards Thundercracker and Dreadwing. "Alright guys, since we're in a public place, we'll have to test your weapon skills later. I'd like to see you some of your flying skills." Thrust said, vaulting into the sky. "So are you two just mercs?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Main Spaceport, High Security Area:

Order.

That was what he liked the most.

Among his own people, he knew that there were those that thought him a tyrant(those were generally the ones who'd just been sentenced), but for the most part, Polyhex was the most peaceful city-state on Cybertron.

The fact that it's laws were the most rigidly enforced, the sentences the most severe allowed under the law, probably had something to do with it.

Even as the rest of the planet descended into sloth and chaos, Polyhex remained stable, with Darkmount(the governor's palace/estate) a shining jewel.

To Straxus, it was a point of pride. The fact that he was able to keep his city-state a stable place, a safe place(if not exactly a bastion of freedom) signalled just how right he was about maintaining order.

If asked, Straxus was in Kaon to make an assessment to deliver to his old friend, Zeta Prime, as to his opinion on how things were. And on the face of it, it was true. His real reason for coming was to meet Megatron. If he was right, Kaon's governor might be the best hope to unify and save this decaying planet.

With a heavy, measured tread, he exited his personal shuttle, making his way towards the gates.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

"Well you could say that were freelancers as we have no boss, but were looking for one" remarked Thundercracker. "But bring me and him to the place and we'll show our stuff."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Main Spaceport

Starscream was always willing to give a mech the benefit of the doubt, even one who did not quite look like he belonged in a Governor's retinue. Never judge a programme by it's interface...

"Hello, I'm Starscream and this is Jetfire," he told Lugnut, just to be sure there were no embarrassing mistakes made; so many assumed the larger unit held the senior rank. He then looked round quizzically. "We sent our idents to Darkmount and were directed to land here, but I don't see any of Zeta Prime's guards - he usually expects us to report directly to him on planetfall."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Main Spaceport

Skywarp nodded. Things seemed to be going well for their little mission. "Copy that, Thrust. Lugnut, I'm behind those crates on the far end. I'll warp in if things should go ugly."

The Seeker watched as Starscream and Jetfire talked to Lugnut. From their body language they seemed quite relaxed, but then again Skywarp couldn't hear the exact words being said. He let out a silent wish to let this go on well. They really needed Megatron's approval. They can't botch this stupid mission up.

"This is Gunrunner to spaceport control. Requesting permission to land. Authorization code Alpha-Lambda-Nova-Seven-Three-Zero-Two." Gunrunner commed as he swooped down into Kaon's Main Spaceport.

"Please hold on for a moment." The dour-sounding watch officer said, then "you're cleared to land."

Gunrunner transformed mid-flight with three loud clicks, landing gracefully next to Straxus' shuttle. He recognized the Polyhexian governor but did not try to attract his attention. He was here on business, after all. He opened a commlink to Wheeljack. "Wheeljack, this is Gunrunner. I have arrived in Kaon."
Chip1123
Protoform

Main Spaceport

Post by Chip1123 »

"Let me see if I can get ahold of him. Don't know if he's taking 'appointments' at the moment." Thrust replied to Thundercracker.

Thrust sent an encrypted message to Megatron. "Govenor, sorry for the interruption, but I have two freelance fliers here, names Thundercracker and Dreadwing, who are looking for possible "employment opportunities". They request an audience to show their skills and speak with you, if you have time."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Main Spaceport

Lugnut frowned slightly as he processed Starscream's objection. Zeta Prime deals with these guys personally? He wondered what sort of mysterious things must they be up to to warrant the tyrant's personal attention. Then his frown deepened slightly as he thought, No business of mine. Megatron knows, and he's got plans for them.

"Apparently they're having some sort of trouble in Iacon," Lugnut lied. He was going off-script, but he didn't think Megatron would mind...as long as he was able to bring these two into his presence. "There was some damage to the spaceport, and Zeta Prime ordered his people to divert traffic to the other cities. He asked Governor Megatron to host the two of you here until he's able to collect you. We're supposed to take you to the palace. They've got quarters set aside for you there, and Megatron would like to meet you. Follow me, please."

Jetfire shot a suspicious glance at Starscream, then said, "Governor Megatron? Seriously? I know we've been away for a few stellar cycles, but wasn't he a gladiator?"

Predacon flashed a manic grin. "Scorponok, you're a mech after my own spark! That's exactly what I was thinking. It'll take a few iterations to get it right, of course, and we'll have to integrate the organic components into a protoform somehow in order to make it compatible with our patient here, but it should be doable."

As he spoke he started jotting down equations on a nearby blackboard.

Governor's Palace, Kolkular

Megatron scowled as Thrust's communique came through.

Why did I give out my personal comm frequency to the new recruits? Is making them feel 'valued' really worth the all disruptions?

"Bring them to the palace," he said eventually. "I don't know if I'll be able to meet them in person right away, but I'll try to find some time."
Chip1123
Protoform

Main Spaceport

Post by Chip1123 »

"Thank you Govenor. Again, sorry for the interuption." Thrust replied back to Megatron, closing down the comm channel.

Thrust turned to look at Thundercracker and Dreadwing. "Looks like you two are in luck. Megatron has granted your request for an audience."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Governor's Palace

Venom entered the office

"Thank You Lord Megatron."

Finback shuddered.

"organics where the slag are you going to get organics on Cybertron?"
Selkadoom

Main Spaceport

Post by Selkadoom »

"Well lead the way my friend, I mean we could get there on our own but it might be rude to show up unanounced" Laughed Thundercracker.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Kaon, Streets

"Well, then I'm sure you're aware that not everything is stable. We'll talk more in private, Dirge, but for now, suffice to say that Kaon's shining moment of glory is at hand." With that, Deathsaurus replaced his energon holder, and smiled all the way to pub.

Astrotrain, however, grew ever more fretful. The news he had was bad, but no worse than some he'd delivered before. Astrotrain normally wasn't one to worry, but Deathy had been acting strange lately. The uncertainty made him nervous.

--------

As they entered the pub, Deathsaurus sent a text-com.
Megatron; if you have the time tonight, I'd like to drop by to give you a status update.

---------

Kaon, Galvic Energy Complex

Sky-Byte stepped into lobby and looked around. Now, which elevator was it? Ah yes, far left. The officer crossed the room and keyed in an access code. Within seconds, he was exiting on the top floor. "Deathy? Are you here?" He peeked into the office, "Hello? Deathy? Deaths-R-Us?" A shrug. "Guess he's out."
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Iacon Communication Tower

Eject was walking down the corridor leading away from one of the main broadcast rooms when he got a communication from Clench

"New Gladiator? How new?" He replied cautiously. He'd been swindled my Clench before on one of these up-and-coming deals, so he was wary about what the little schiesterbot might have up his exo-armor.

Main Spaceport

Brawn and some of his work-crew disembarked from the transport shuttle that took them from Iacon to Kaon and quickly made their way to the near-by energon bar. The group was obnoxious and rowdy as they yuked it up on their way.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Advanced Laboratories, Kaon Polytechnic Institute

"You would be surprised how much organic material someone with my resources and my... obsession for techno-organics could procure." Scorponok told Finback with a smug smile.

Although, truth be told, none of his multiple sadistic experiments in grafting organic to technological had worked out, other than to produce freaky monsters. When agents of the Church found out, Scorponok had set up one of his underlings (who had naturally been swindling money) to take the fall. He denied everything, of course, but guilty men always do. Although maybe with Predacon's help, and by working on a Protoform... Scorponok has a lot of those stashed in various places, of course, some... appropriately modified.

One of these, in particular, was an experimental mesh of technology and organic samples bought from a black market dealer...

"While admittedly I am only a dabbler in xenobiology and technobiology, Predacon here is a master of his craft." Scorponok glanced at Predacon. "By the way, I have several protoforms stashed around various places. Kaon included. We could get started now."

Striding over to the worktable, Scorponok drummed a claw on it. "I'm thinking that we use a blank protoform, then integrate the organic bits. Crustacean, perhaps... the tough proteins could be intwined with metal. Although we'll probably only go for the carapace..."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Main Spaceport

"Yes - and a good one," Starscream replied, shrugging. "Okay, so I admit an interest in the old battle sports. I mean, it's not as if anyone got really damaged.

"No doubt Megatron stood for office on the back of his popularity."

He turned back to Lugnut. "We'll be happy to accompany you, if you would be so kind as to provide us a secure uplink to Iacon."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]