[New RPG] Backstories and pre-war roles

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Chip1123 wrote:4) Clench -> mid-level aristocrat in Kaon. Little bitter that his position has less meaning with Megatron in power. Toying with the idea he might have organized or funded the gladatorial arenas as well. Still open to suggestions on him.
Would you like to work in some of the IDW backstory, where Megatron deliberately usurped Clench's rightful place somehow on his rise to the top? Obviously Clench is still alive so Megatron probably didn't murder him to take over his gladiator team, but something similar might have happened in the past. Maybe Megatron cut Clench out of the profits from the gladiator fighting, or Clench was a likely candidate to become governor before Megatron surged onto the scene, something like that.

What do you think?
Chip1123 wrote:5) Thrust -> If it's alright, I'll put him with Skywarp and Lugnut in the prison-ship. He was a thug that preyed on lesser bots, and was sent away because of it?
I like that.
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Brawl- Not too sure what Brawl would do before the war, the gladiator thing makes sense but I want to do something different. I would imagine someone as violent and angry as Brawl would end up in prison somehow if he wasn’t in the military fighting, I don’t know I need ideas.

Depth Charge- I am all for him having his rivalry with Sixshot as Blackjack has suggested. Before the war I would imagine Depth Charge being part of the military doing security work. He would be tasked with guarding some of the religious shrines or temples that were talked about in the other threads.
Obviously his squad dies and civilians are murdered at Sixshot’s hands that how his story starts. I don’t know when I could start playing him some time shortly after Sixshot shows up probably.

Vindicator- I have no clue what this character would do before the war ideas would be nice if I could get any.
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

I think perhaps we could combine both ideas. Maybe Clench's gladiatorial ring was what was funding his campaign for govenor, as well as keeping the authority off of him (payoff's anyone? :) ). During Megatron's rise to the top, his power grab cut's Clench's supply - doesn't have the cash or the carisma to go against Megatron. He's left scrambling for respect and power - that which was given to him, or bought, before is now having to be earned back the hard way.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

And all my guys are back-story'd.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Heinrad wrote:That would probably do it. There could be other things as well. Things that Sentinel will praise other cadets for doing, he'd either berate or barely recognize Orion for doing.
This, definitely. :up:
If asked, Sentinel could simply say that he sees "potential" in Orion, but the only way he can bring it out it to be hard on him.
Never thought of that before, but it's a great way for Sentinel to justify to others (and to a lesser extent himself) on why he is so hard to Orion. But really, he is just that much a jerk.
miked23 wrote:I would imagine someone as violent and angry as Brawl would end up in prison somehow if he wasn’t in the military fighting, I don’t know I need ideas.
Former disgruntled soldier expelled from the army for being too harsh or something like that, who finds himself traveling to Kaon? Hard to imagine Brawl as anything but a soldier or a gladiator before the war, to be honest.
I don’t know when I could start playing him some time shortly after Sixshot shows up probably.
Actually you should play him straight off the bat, so Depth Charge won't depend solely on Sixshot for characterization and somesuch. So he's already a character before Sixshot gets built and kills his team.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

You know, for Scorponok I've been thinking. Before he was humbled into a construction worker, perhaps he used to be a politician who fell from grace and as such was forced to scurry off into hiding in Kaon, something along those lines. Would make sense to have a lofty background like that to get to the level of hamminess and political skill that Scorpy has.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

maybe Skorponok could be in construction the same way the mafia is in construction?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Ah, bingo! And when the shit hits the fan, Scorpy hides in one of his projects. You're a genius, skids.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Warcry wrote: Jetfire: As per my discussions with Clogs, Starscream and Jetfire are going to be scientific research partners who explore far-away worlds. When they discover that Zeta Prime is using their data for nefarious purposes, the two of them end up siding with the Decepticons. I assume he'll eventually have enough of the 'Cons and their evil and switch sides, but that remains to be seen.
Like the man says...

Starscream: War Within exoform. Enthusiastic off-world explorer who inspires younger units at the Altihex Science Forum where he sometimes gives lectures. He hates being pinned down, needs his elbow room, and is of a quite flamboyant and mercurial disposition - and generally liked by everyone. Intelligent and a quick thinker, he resents being manipulated or slighted, but is quite tolerant and will walk away from a potential confrontation. He has taken Jetfire under his wing as a research partner; Jetfire can cruise space to piggyback him until it's time to enter an atmosphere.
Starscream tries hard to live up to expectations and respects his seniors. A thoroughly honest mech with stars in his optics.

Does that suit?

I'll update this post later with my other characters.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

optimusskids wrote:maybe Skorponok could be in construction the same way the mafia is in construction?
Puts him in conflict with Brawn.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Blaster wrote:Puts him in conflict with Brawn.
Scorponok can take Brawn on! :o
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Blackjack wrote:Scorponok can take Brawn on! :o
New Universe Brawn does not have a shoulder weakness. Bring it. =|

I am also looking for someone who is playing another Gladiatorial fight to start the game off against Sunstreaker, the only request I'd have is that you're willing to let them lose.

Blitzwing, I am open to suggestions for.

I'd like a higher ranking Autobot or Decepticon military figure for Blaster to do an interview with near the beginning of the game as well
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Blaster wrote:I'd like a higher ranking Autobot or Decepticon military figure for Blaster to do an interview with near the beginning of the game as well
Sentinel? Scorponok?
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Blackjack wrote:Sentinel? Scorponok?

Either or would probably do fine.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Blaster wrote:
I am also looking for someone who is playing another Gladiatorial fight to start the game off against Sunstreaker, the only request I'd have is that you're willing to let them lose.

Blitzwing, I am open to suggestions for.
Anyone?

Anyone at all?

Beuller?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Well, Grimlock is the only one in my roster that's going to be a gladiator... (Obsidian and Scopy aren't exactly going to be fighting in the ring, and Skywarp's off with Lugnut and Thrust) but no way is Grimmy going to take a fall against Sunny. So I'm just posting to say that I'll be unhelpful in this matter.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Blaster wrote:I am also looking for someone who is playing another Gladiatorial fight to start the game off against Sunstreaker, the only request I'd have is that you're willing to let them lose.
I have spare capacity in my roster - do you want me to take on a potential loser for you? I'd rather not set up a fan-character, so I'm open to suggestions as to who the loser is to be.

If it's someone I can pick up later the the story arc, all the better...
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

well I have no plans yet for Dirge, but I don't know that he's gladiator material.

Still not much idea for Hound and Tracer either, but I'm leaning towards Hound being a terrain surveyor of some kind before the war starts.

Really not sure what to do for Tracer, name makes me think possibly of a spy but I don't think that fits his character. Would Megatron have need of a scout/tracker bfore the war heats up? Just to spy on those in his territory perhaps.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Aero Blade wrote:Really not sure what to do for Tracer, name makes me think possibly of a spy but I don't think that fits his character. Would Megatron have need of a scout/tracker bfore the war heats up? Just to spy on those in his territory perhaps.
Since we're planning to have some of Megatron's goons attack one of the Vector computers either right off the bat or very shortly afterwards, I figure that a scout will come in handy.

Any idea who else we should send? Clogs and I have Lugnut (and maybe the other guys who've tied their origins to him) pencilled in for something related to Starscream and Jetfire. I'm assuming a few of the science-types will go (Predacon for sure, maybe Shockwave...) but who else should go with them?
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Chameleon :)