[New RPG] Backstories and pre-war roles

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Chameleon :)
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Warcry wrote:Any idea who else we should send? Clogs and I have Lugnut (and maybe the other guys who've tied their origins to him) pencilled in for something related to Starscream and Jetfire. I'm assuming a few of the science-types will go (Predacon for sure, maybe Shockwave...) but who else should go with them?
I'm starting to lean towards hired thug for Dirge. His creepiness probably suits him to jobs keeping people out of places, guard or bouncer perhaps. I could see him joining up with Meg's group for better pay or just a change of pace, instead using it to intemidate the enemy.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Obsidian and/or Scorponok would love for something to do.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Aero Blade wrote:I'm starting to lean towards hired thug for Dirge. His creepiness probably suits him to jobs keeping people out of places, guard or bouncer perhaps. I could see him joining up with Meg's group for better pay or just a change of pace, instead using it to intemidate the enemy.
Working with Deathsaurus, perhaps?
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Aero Blade wrote:bouncer perhaps..
Sideswipe =D

I was hoping for a character someone already had, Clogs. If you have a character you'd like to pick up, that's great. If not I'll just NPC a scrub.

Also, Grimlock could face Sunstreaker and lose. It's not outside of the realm of possibility!
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

optimusskids wrote:Chameleon :)
As Gladiator fodder?

Could be, given his original role was to die horribly in the arena at the hands of the 'Cons. BUT THIS TIME HE SURVIVES!!!

I could run with Chameleon as a trainee spy on Earth. His lifespan might not be infinitely extensible.

Blaster - yes?
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Clogs wrote:As Gladiator fodder?

Could be, given his original role was to die horribly in the arena at the hands of the 'Cons. BUT THIS TIME HE SURVIVES!!!

I could run with Chameleon as a trainee spy on Earth. His lifespan might not be infinitely extensible.

Blaster - yes?

No clue who he is, so he works for me.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Add Chameleon to my line-up... ;)
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

tahukanuva wrote:Working with Deathsaurus, perhaps?
works for me
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Straxus: -sitting behind desk- "Read it back to me."

Hoverdrone(think the assistant drone Megs had in BM): -holding a memopad in one manipulator arm and a pen in the other, holding the pad up in front of it's optic sensor- "Lord-Governor Straxus is looking for a few good mechs who understand that in the enforcement of his rule, there is no room for lieniency. The successful applicants must understand that there is no mercy dispensed here, only dearth."

Straxus: "Death. Not dearth."

Hoverdrone: -scribbles in the correction- "Is there anything else, my lord?"

Straxus: "That will do, for now."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Clogs wrote:Add Chameleon to my line-up... ;)
NYYYYYYYYYERM PM INCOMING.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

(@Hein, just because I was bored:)

Drone: -enters a bar in Kaon where five Transformers are drinking- "Gentlemen, you have a recruitment message from Lord Straxus." -message plays-

Grimlock: -slams fist on table, waking the sleeping Skywarp up- "Me Grimlock am star of game! Me Grimlock refuse to be skull face's minion!"

Skywarp: "Oh, for Maximo's ugly beard... tell him to go round up the Insecticons or something. I'll be too busy spray-painting cute flowers and puppies and unicorns on Lugnut's big fat afterburner than to cater to a guy that waves a pick-ax around."

Obsidian: "I, former grand general of Cybertron's army and her most staunch defender, reduced into a servitor of a mere sector governor? Is this how low our society has sunk? Preposterous. The Golden Age of Cybertron has truly ended."

Scorponok: "Politicians and little minions are mutually exclusive. No."

Grimlock: "What about Ratbat?"

Scorponok: "That little freak is different. He's a lawyer as well. Slaggin' bloodsucker."

Sixshot: "I want to help. But my contract says I only appear after-" -shuffles through script pages- "-a bunch of 'Cons take over a Vector Sigma node. Can't help you on this. In any case, I'm as good as six goons. So no way am I going to take that role."

Skywarp: "Eez, Six, you think you're so special, aren't you?"

Sixshot: "You're just pissed because you never do anything cool as I had done."

Skywarp: "I can teleport!"

Grimlock: "You also dumb as brick."

Obsidian: "Truly, in war, great power assets without any sense direction or a sense of purpose is doomed to fail."

Skywarp: -sulks-
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Weirdwolf sniggers wolfishly

"Alt modes Six. Think I compensating for something someone is. Know what they say All Jack trades of master none of."

Finback: "ahh yes I remember the Golden age well, there was this one time when I was on patrol on the Rust Sea....."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Sixshot: -transforms into beast mode- "I am Massster of all my alternate modessss. That, and I am a bigger wolf than you."

Skywarp: -chuckles- "At least he doesn't talk like no Yoda."

Scorponok: -leans in- "We haven't reached Earth yet, dolt."

Skywarp: "Slog. At least he doesn't talk like no Slog."

Obsidian: "Ah, another one who remembers the Golden Age! Verily, friend Decepticon, did you participate in any of the old Cybertronian wars? You might've recognized me. I single-handedly organized the entire aerospace defense of the northen hemisphere of the planet this one time..."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Drone: -sighs to itself- "I told him we needed a better benefits package."

Hot Rod: -scowling into his drink- "Benefits package?"

Drone: "Oh, yes. While we do pay for parts replacement as needed.... you have to replace your parts yourself. If your arm falls off, we provide it, you'll have to reattach it."

Hot Rod: -cocks an eyebrow- "That sucks."

Drone: "I think it's because he's had so many of us drones on staff. We tend to repair ourselves. And while we're good at upper level management, we don't exactly sow fear and terror with every footstep." -manages to look sheepish- "Mainly due to the lack of feet."

Hot Rod: "I can see that." -takes a long pull from his drink- "What's the pay?"

Drone: "All the energon you need to be at peak operating efficinecy and 2,000 shanix a lunar cycle."

Hot Rod: "Only 2,000?"

Drone: "Well, considering your age and lack of experienYEEP!!!"

Hot Rod: -right arm snapping up, arm mounted double barrelled proton cannon aimed directly at the drone's optics- "What was that?"

Drone: "Er..... 10,000?"

Hot Rod: "Better...... can you do better than that?"
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Finback nodded "That was you, Yes I remember it well , I was in charge of Tango Element of Task Force Alpha 3 of the Naval Contingenent."

Weirdwolf rolled under Sixshot and pressed a claw gently on Sixshot's belly

"Better is not always big."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Sixshot: -transforms into tank mode, intent to flatten Weirdwolf like a Looney Tunes cartoon- "Maybe. Bigger is heavier, though."

Obsidian: -Nods- "I remember that. I think in one of your missions you fought- yes, Strika and I had a field day trying to blow up that Giant Floating Head."

Skywarp: -to the audience- "See? Even fake role-plays like this can make new character backstories. What a world."

Scorponok: "What did you just DO?"

Skywarp: "Breaking the fourth wall, obviously. Around here I'm the only one who acts like Deadpool. I wisecrack, I can teleport, I am trigger-happy... enroll me in Bludgeon's school of awesomeswordfightingness and I'll be set."

Scorponok, Obsidian, Sixshot, Grimlock: -unison- "NO."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Nightbeat: -looking out at the audience- "Don't mind him, folks. He's got delusions of grandeur."

Hot Rod: "If Skywarp can't do it, why can you?"

Nightbeat: "Think ReBoot."

Hot Rod: "Oh, yeah.... the one where they're wondering what kind of a sick, twisted mind would come up with a survival horror FPS, then they all glare at the audience."

Nightbeat: "Exactly."

Hot Rod: "We can't even do that, you know."

Nightbeat: "Not all the time, certainly."

Hot Rod: -stands- "Well, I'm off to be Darth Vader's flunky." -looks out at the audience- "And I bet we all know how that will turn out." -winks broadly-

Drone: -oblivious to the goings on, as drones are wont to be- "Lord Straxus has been wheezing a little lately......."

Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Skywarp: -saunters over to Nightbeat, speaks animatedly- "You know, technically this is racism. We can't have that around here. People will complain. See what happened with the bumper car twins in ROTF?"

Obsidian: -hovers over to the group- "Now, here, whelp-"

Skywarp: "I mean, you think I can't speak to the audience just because of my race? This is absurd! This is unspeakably rude! I will sue!"

Obsidian: "Our black colour is only because of our paintjob, idiot."

Skywarp: "I meant Decepticon."

Obsidian: "Oh."

Gunrunner: "That... was unbelievably bad. Are the two of you drunk?"

Obsidian: "I have to get all angsty for my role. I need to be drunk." -waves script in hand- "We go live in two days, Autobot. Considering your role I suggest you get drunk too."

Gunrunner: -nods-
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Finback smiles "ahh those were the days so it looks like we will be doomed to repeat our words of wisdom but to be ignored by the younger generation.

Weirdwolf crawls out from under the gap between the tracks

"bigger not always more intelligent is yes?

Squawktalk gazes out at the audiences and shrugs his wings exasperatedly.

"Would you believe it and we're starting shooting in a few days. As you can see we have a couple of Old Soldiers straight out of central casting 1 regulation issue navy 1 i'm not so sure possibly leaning towards Marine but it depends on the scriptwriters both with strong cases of "during the war". Now we've seen this behaviour before namely from Kup so it'll be interesting to reinvent it from the decepticon perspective especially if they get to interact. We have a case of mangled Syntax a la Yoda and apparently now Darthvader which I guess makes Hot Rod Luke. hmmm."

Flicks through script.

"which makes me ah right."

Weirdwolf saunters over to Hot Rod

"Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future"

Squawktalk rolls optics. "I so need a better agent."

"I am Squawktalk, Human-Transformers relations. I am fluent in over 6500 languages and many more dialects pleased to meet you Master Hot Rod."