[New RPG] A very basic, very tentative plot skeleton

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

When we get on Earth, will there be prior Transformer contact with the planet? It's something that has been bugging me...
Clogs wrote:Ah, yes - and then there's the Smelting Pits. Interesting concept, ducking non-believers and heretics :)

That is: if we're having a Cybertron still united at the start of this RPG prelude? I looooove the Smelting Pits, what with them being so economical even Ratbat could not object (and I bet a lot of Senators wouldn't, for various reasons...).
I looove the Smelting Pits. And I love Straxus. I just opened the Generations figure last night, and is he a beaut. His pick-axe is too short, sadly. Gawd, I want to play Straxus. So many characters that I want to play... :(

Ah well. At least everyone feels the same way now.

We could have the Smelting Pits beginning as some sort of recycling center, then later on morbidly taken over by the Decepticons to dispose of corpses to create our beloved NPC drone army. Yeah, that will work.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Springer85 wrote:I would love to see that happen! :D (Starts plotting :swirly:)
And even without Dark Energon there's a lot of resources to be exploited out there. Titan has oceans of methane, generators in Jupiter's magnetic fields could pump out huge amounts of electricity, Io is mostly iron just waiting to be mined, etc, etc... So there's lots of excuses for a crew to just "happen by" a place and accidentally discover a vein of the purple stuff...
Blackjack wrote:[Re-reads]Barricade had more, actually. He was portrayed as this guy who would win at any cost... but was genericized back into another peace-loving peacenik at the end because all Micromasters not Skystalker must be good like Mini-Cons. Well, as good as ripping heads off Shockwaves and Insecticons would be, anyway. But because it's Dreamwave it's passed off as crap. :(
I refuse to re-read that tripe to try and prove you wrong, so I concede your point.
Blackjack wrote:while Sentinel is simply a royal Jerkass and a Magnificient Bastard.
He's also destined to die somewhere down the line to make room for Optimus, so eventually you'll have that slot open again... ;)
Blackjack wrote:So does this mean Obsidi and Sentinel are a-go?
It looks that way, yeah.
Blackjack wrote:Movie Megatron is a short-sighted
G1.
Blackjack wrote:obsessive
BW.
Blackjack wrote:High Octane Nightmare Fuel
Stop reading TV Tropes so much. ;)
Blackjack wrote:and a badass that ground to dust whatever Starscream had worked so hard to maintain in the thousands of years he was gone.
Animated.
Blackjack wrote:He's also an unstoppable force of nature, killing Jazz and batting around Optimus Prime like a toy until the Air Strike and Lennox's soldiers distracted Megatron long enough for him to scramble crazily to the human boy and get himself killed.
All three versions really. Once you beat up Predaking...
Blackjack wrote:delusional sadistic guy
G1 comic.
Blackjack wrote:while laying the blame on any failures on Starscream.
Every version ever.

It's not that Movie Megatron isn't fun, it's just that he doesn't bring anything unique to the table.
Blackjack wrote:Miscellaneous foreign devil? :o :devil: I am insulted. I am THE miscellaneous foreign devil. The only one devilish enough to attempt play Drift! I is unique, damn it! Minor Far East country? Well, it is that, I'll admit. But I don't think I've told you where I came from. It's part of my mystery, you know... ;)
Indonesia, isn't it?
Springer85 wrote:Seeing that it'll be likely that Dark Energon is going to be introduced, I don't think I'll be able to stop myself from picking up Wheeljack :p
Wheeljack is always required. ;)
Clogs wrote:Ratbat
Why did you have to go and say that? Now I'm going to want to play him again. :(
Blaster wrote:Use my idea, make it happen.
What was that, again?
Blackjack wrote:When we get on Earth, will there be prior Transformer contact with the planet? It's something that has been bugging me...
Hadn't thought about that, personally. What are you pondering?
Blackjack wrote:Gawd, I want to play Straxus. So many characters that I want to play... :(
You'll have to knife-fight Heinrad to the death for him I think.

As long as he talks like Morbo and/or Lrrr I'll be happy. :)
Blackjack wrote:We could have the Smelting Pits beginning as some sort of recycling center, then later on morbidly taken over by the Decepticons to dispose of corpses to create our beloved NPC drone army. Yeah, that will work.
That certainly makes more sense than just killing people because you can.

Of course, later on when they have Dark Energon they'll be able to skip the 'recycling' part entirely...
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warcry wrote:And even without Dark Energon there's a lot of resources to be exploited out there. Titan has oceans of methane, generators in Jupiter's magnetic fields could pump out huge amounts of electricity, Io is mostly iron just waiting to be mined, etc, etc... So there's lots of excuses for a crew to just "happen by" a place and accidentally discover a vein of the purple stuff...
Not to forget the Sun itself being a general power source to pilfer from... Hell, Unicron's planet mode could be hidden in Mars for all we know.
I refuse to re-read that tripe to try and prove you wrong, so I concede your point.
Can't prove me wrong! Nyeh nyeh nyeh. :p
He's also destined to die somewhere down the line to make room for Optimus, so eventually you'll have that slot open again... ;)
Ah, yes! That's a cheery thought. Sentinel's gonna get his just deserts! :D I'll just have to be patient, then... I could just pircture it... Blackout and Lugnut: professional fanatical destructive bodyguards for hire.

You made me very happy. I can has recreation of the SOCCENT base scene. Just don't any humans shoot Blackout in the crotch, though.
It looks that way, yeah.
-gives Warcry a hug-
G1.

BW.

Animated.

All three versions really. Once you beat up Predaking...

G1 comic.

Every version ever.
See? So basically you'll be playing Movie Megatron. He's a composite of the three, packaged in a spiky chandelier packaging. ;)
Stop reading TV Tropes so much. ;)
IT'S ALL ZIGGY'S FAULT! :o
It's not that Movie Megatron isn't fun, it's just that he doesn't bring anything unique to the table.
Not true. Other than the aforementioned High Octane Nightmare Fuel (he's the only Megatron with a scary face, barring maybe G1 Megatron at the height of his craziness), Megatron brought us a new head design, positively wicked claw arms, that spiked chandelier design, that DEATH KLAWWWW and... and...

Here's new: total servitude to a higher power. And actively trying to revive his people into something greater despite Optimus Prime's short sighted vision of refusing to kill a fleshling in order for their race to survive.
Indonesia, isn't it?
Sneaky Canadian, you checked IP addresses! :o

I is Chinese, though. I know KUNG FUUUUUU!
Why did you have to go and say that? Now I'm going to want to play him again. :(
See? So many that I want to play. Ratbat Straxus Pyro Slog Windcharger Swindle Blurr Dirge Scourge Stockade Fallen Dropshot Jolt Tracks Rotorstorm Thundercracker Snarler Carnivac Bomb-Burst Rampage Inferno Scavenger Mirage Monstructor Ramjet Hot Rod Nightbeat Siren Hardhead Galvatron Octane Sideswipe Nemesis Prime Scalpel Blades Breakdown Hun-Grr Waspinator Blot Shockwave Sludge Getaway Jazz Jetfire Perceptor Wheelie GWAAAAAAAAH
Hadn't thought about that, personally. What are you pondering?
I mean prior Transformers contact on Earth. Kind of like Transformers crashing on Earth prior to our Autobots and Decepticons coming there. Say, like the AllSpark/Megatron/Seekers/other random crap having been on Earth for a long time in the Movieverse. Or Crosswise and the monster Decepticons and freakin' Atlantis in the Cybertron cartoon. Or the Insecticons and other random plot devices in the G1 cartoon. Now obviously we won't use Megatron crashlanding on Earth in the past, but will we have Cybertronians/Cybertronian technology on Earth hidden somewhere?

Personally I liked the idea of ancient Transformers, like, say, ROTF Jetfire or our RPG's Wing Saber being trapped comatose on Earth. Maybe they were stranded on Earth because of whatever Unicron-Primus plot we will have?
You'll have to knife-fight Heinrad to the death for him I think.

As long as he talks like Morbo and/or Lrrr I'll be happy. :)
Hein's playing STRAXUS?

This is so crazy on so many counts that I can't bear to fight him for it. Besides, if I play Straxus it would be an endless stream of 'Mercy is not dispensed of here, fools! Only death!'

Besides, Heinrad is the guy who made me take Minerva and the freaking Breastforce seriously. The fact that he's playing Straxus alone makes me excited.

Hein, let's see you play Tailgate! Come on!
That certainly makes more sense than just killing people because you can.

Of course, later on when they have Dark Energon they'll be able to skip the 'recycling' part entirely...
ZOM-BEEEEEEES and steroid-addicted goons. Nice combination. You know, we never did see whatever happened to the two guys who got empowered by the Dark Energon in WFC (Barricade and Brawl). Brawl was present in a minor-ish role as ground forces commander, but Barricade was never seen again. ZOM-BEE?

You know, this whole Dark Energon thing could give a great origin for whomever is playing Bomb-Burst.

Damn, no one's thinking of picking up BW Dinobot? You all suck. :o
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Warcry wrote:And even without Dark Energon there's a lot of resources to be exploited out there. Titan has oceans of methane, generators in Jupiter's magnetic fields could pump out huge amounts of electricity, Io is mostly iron just waiting to be mined, etc, etc... So there's lots of excuses for a crew to just "happen by" a place and accidentally discover a vein of the purple stuff...
Warcry wrote:Wheeljack is always required. ]
Blackjack wrote:Not to forget the Sun itself being a general power source to pilfer from... Hell, Unicron's planet mode could be hidden in Mars for all we know.
That settles it then. Wheeljack is added to my wishlist. Can't wait to have him start exploring all kinds of stuff and tinkering new gadgets! :D

See how clever I avoided calling dibs? :p
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Warcry wrote:
What was that, again?

You know what? **** you, and **** the fascist horse you rode in on. Also, the one about the old one leading into the new one and me getting to play the best one in the new one.
Warcry wrote:As long as he talks like Morbo and/or Lrrr I'll be happy. :)
I DEMAND A LOWER HUMAN HORN! Also, I ALWAYS HATED JIM.

Also, make Springer85 stop playing Brawn... and yourself stop playing Sideswipe. I read two posts of you using him, and you ruined years of playing him. It hurt me... deeply.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Blackjack wrote: The only one devilish enough to attempt play Drift!
Nuh uh, you can't use that for your angle. I would've wanted him but I 2)wasn't sure I was familiar enough with his character to do it right 1)already had mostly Autobots and was attempting to try some sort of balance with my characters (doesn't look that much better for the reset, but I still will try ;) )

Myles, chill, please. This thread is growing quickly and it's easy to lose posts and hard to find them again among all the clutter, a problem I get every time I check in on this planning board. Can you repost it for us to get a fresh viewing on it, or a link back to the original?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Aero Blade wrote:Nuh uh, you can't use that for your angle. I would've wanted him but I 2)wasn't sure I was familiar enough with his character to do it right 1)already had mostly Autobots and was attempting to try some sort of balance with my characters (doesn't look that much better for the reset, but I still will try ;) )
Well then, obviously you're as crazy as I am. Don't deny it!

Plus I am the only one crazy enough to do an exhaustive transcript of ROTF. That shtick is solely mine. Although I suspect it has the side effect of making me a level more crazy...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Blackjack wrote:See? So basically you'll be playing Movie Megatron. He's a composite of the three, packaged in a spiky chandelier packaging. ;)
You'll just have to wait and see. :glance:
Blackjack wrote:Here's new: total servitude to a higher power.
So the new thing about him is that he sucks?
Blackjack wrote:Personally I liked the idea of ancient Transformers, like, say, ROTF Jetfire or our RPG's Wing Saber being trapped comatose on Earth. Maybe they were stranded on Earth because of whatever Unicron-Primus plot we will have?
Hadn't thought of it but I suppose it could work out. How do you suppose it could tie into the plot though?
Blaster wrote:You know what? **** you, and **** the fascist horse you rode in on.
Silence, you Bolshevik monster! :mad:
Blaster wrote:Also, the one about the old one leading into the new one and me getting to play the best one in the new one.
Oh, right. I don't think we've talked about having the old game lead into the new one at all. What exactly was your idea for that again? Something about Prime (or was it the Matrix) remembering the old RPG?

I wasn't sure about that when you first suggested it, but after some thought it occurs to me that this could very well be the universe that we banished Primus and Unicron into. Wouldn't effect the plot really, but it would be a nice touch maybe.

And I do have to insist that Sunstreaker be a psychopath regardless of the circumstances. He's too much fun that way.
Blaster wrote:I DEMAND A LOWER HUMAN HORN! Also, I ALWAYS HATED JIM.
I'm glad someone knows what I'm going on about.
Blaster wrote:Also, make Springer85 stop playing Brawn... and yourself stop playing Sideswipe. I read two posts of you using him, and you ruined years of playing him. It hurt me... deeply.
Your tears nourish me! Also, you were warned what would happen if you ever left him unguarded, so it's your own fault.

I don't plan to use him in the new RPG though, so if you're quick enough...
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Warcry wrote:
I don't plan to use him in the new RPG though, so if you're quick enough...
Lets see where the new RPG moves direction wise and I may just.

Edit- Also, Prime survives WITH the Matrix was my idea and becomes your Zeta Prime.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Blaster wrote:Also, Prime survives WITH the Matrix was my idea and becomes your Zeta Prime.
Not really a big fan of that, but how about JUST the Matrix surviving the old RPG? All that accumilated wisdom just popping up in the new Universe? A new kind of relic that everybody wants? It could be one of the reasons that kickstarts the war. :)

And don't worry, Brawn is just an NPC right now. I'll stop using him as soon as he gets offed, m'kay? :p
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Springer85 wrote: And don't worry, Brawn is just an NPC right now. I'll stop using him as soon as he gets offed, m'kay? :p
You're not allowed to kill off NPCs without permission.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

So what I'm hearing is that I need to give him permission to kill off Brawn?

Preferably via shoulder wound?
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Warcry wrote:So what I'm hearing is that I need to give him permission to kill off Brawn?

Do it! Doooo it!

Or have a chunk of planet fall on him like I did.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warcry wrote:So the new thing about him is that he sucks?
Um...

Boo for me, I cannot prove you wrong on that bit in his ROTF appearance. :(

He looks awesome, though.
Hadn't thought of it but I suppose it could work out. How do you suppose it could tie into the plot though?
Maybe during one of the earlier battle between Primus and Unicron, some of either side's Transformers got thrown out and crash-landed on other planets, Earth among them? Or a more mundane excuse—maybe some sort of ancient exploration team like the one in the Cybertron cartoon or Glyph's in 3H comics?

Depends who wants to play the ancient Transformers, though. Maybe a link to the past during the forgotten days of Primus/Alpha Prime/Prima/Nova Prime/Quintessons? Someone with antiquated alternate modes like, say, the Laser Rods or G2 Ransack?

Personally I would really like to play the Fallen via something like this, but that isn't likely to happen, since he's all powerful and only staffers can play him... :(
Oh, right. I don't think we've talked about having the old game lead into the new one at all. What exactly was your idea for that again? Something about Prime (or was it the Matrix) remembering the old RPG?

I wasn't sure about that when you first suggested it, but after some thought it occurs to me that this could very well be the universe that we banished Primus and Unicron into. Wouldn't effect the plot really, but it would be a nice touch maybe.
I like this, personally. So it's not like we're placing our old RPG completely in the past... :up:
Ah, shoulder wound... the instant death spot for a Transformer. ROTF Devastator died from a shoulder wound too, right? Any strong Transformer can be killed through a shoulder wound.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Blaster wrote:You're not allowed to kill off NPCs without permission.
That's why I said 'as soon as he get's offed' and not 'as soon as I kill him.' ;)
Aspiring DJ!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Warcry: out of all this stuff, you making a basic plot-sketch for the opening for us all to follow? There's just so many ideas, I believe it is time to set something down, even in jelly, on paper.

Ditto claims/assigning main players (plus NPCs for Staff) and ensuring characterisation.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Yeah, I think we have quite a semblance of a plot, we can start trying to make a bit of an overview around it.

Plus, character dibs -- can we call dibs on it now?
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Clogs wrote:Warcry: out of all this stuff, you making a basic plot-sketch for the opening for us all to follow? There's just so many ideas, I believe it is time to set something down, even in jelly, on paper.
No. This takes time and at no point should anything be finalized except for right before the start of the RPG. Keep it fluid till it needs to be solid.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

originally posted by Blackjack:
Besides, Heinrad is the guy who made me take Minerva and the freaking Breastforce seriously. The fact that he's playing Straxus alone makes me excited.
You know, I think that's the nicest thing anybody's ever said about me.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Heinrad wrote:You know, I think that's the nicest thing anybody's ever said about me.
But it's true! I mean, Breastforce! Freaking Breastforce that nobody takes seriously! Come on, half the team's names are bad Japanese animal puns (Leozak, Gaihawk, Jalgar), one of their names is completely stupid (Killbison), the rest is unoriginal (Hellbat? I mean, Hellbat? And Drillhorn?). And some of them are pink and purple. And they follow a guy called 'Deathsaurus', who is only rivaled by Dai Atlas in the 'stupidest name ever' competition. And their bras turn into weapons.

But you made them badass. Somehow.