[New RPG] A very basic, very tentative plot skeleton

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Blackjack wrote: And they follow a guy called 'Deathsaurus', who is only rivaled by Dai Atlas in the 'stupidest name ever' competition.
Hey! Deathsaurus is a kick ass name and you know it.

(;))
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I love Deathsaurus as a character... but his name is stupid no matter how many times you slice it. Other than the fact that he has the word 'Death' on it...

Plus, say it quickly and it becomes Deaths'r'us. Which isn't exactly threatening.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

My dear sir, you and I have very different ideas of "threatening."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Blackjack wrote:But it's true! I mean, Breastforce! Freaking Breastforce that nobody takes seriously! Come on, half the team's names are bad Japanese animal puns (Leozak, Gaihawk, Jalgar), one of their names is completely stupid (Killbison), the rest is unoriginal (Hellbat? I mean, Hellbat? And Drillhorn?). And some of them are pink and purple. And they follow a guy called 'Deathsaurus', who is only rivaled by Dai Atlas in the 'stupidest name ever' competition. And their bras turn into weapons.

But you made them badass. Somehow.

Most of what I do with them comes from Victory. They had some fairly well executed plans in that series, despite the comical sounding names. :D

There's also the fact that I followed something I heard Henry Silva say once about playing the bad guy(and I think he's not the only one that's said it), mainly that the villian is most interesting, most believable when they're serious.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

tahukanuva wrote:My dear sir, you and I have very different ideas of "threatening."
But of course! :D
Heinrad wrote:Most of what I do with them comes from Victory. They had some fairly well executed plans in that series, despite the comical sounding names. :D
Yeah, but with names like that they could beat the Autobots and still be ridiculed by fans for their stupid name. Still, it sets them apart. Have the Breastforce been released in the US? Other than that ugly BotCon Leozack?

Was Victory the one with Star Saber or Dai Atlas? Can't tell these Japanese shows apart other than Masterforce.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Victory had Star Saber. Story-wise, I think Masterforce is the best developed(although the only versions I've seen of Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory are the Malay dubs).

Breastforce has never gotten a release over here. The closest they've come are the Chinese bootlegs that replace Hellbat with a missile carrier. It'd be nice if Takara would reissue them. Otherwise I'll have to sell a kidney to get a complete set.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Heinrad wrote:Victory had Star Saber. Story-wise, I think Masterforce is the best developed(although the only versions I've seen of Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory are the Malay dubs).
I've seen a Malay dub of a Masterforce episode (it's the one where the Seacon clones attack a city or something), but the dubbing was so horrible and there wasn't any subtitles, so... yeah. It kind of killed of my interest of watching the shows proper.

I mean, I haven't watched RID or Energon yet... Japanese shows aren't that high in my priority.
Breastforce has never gotten a release over here. The closest they've come are the Chinese bootlegs that replace Hellbat with a missile carrier.
Ah, you got to admire the Chinese... they can copy everything you do at a cheaper cost. What was that quote in Armageddon? 'American parts, Russian parts, all made in Taiwan!' or something?
It'd be nice if Takara would reissue them. Otherwise I'll have to sell a kidney to get a complete set.
Agreed.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

I can't shake my mental image of Dai Atlas being Welsh
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

optimusskids wrote:I can't shake my mental image of Dai Atlas being Welsh
Agreed, boyo - my first reaction when I read the name :D
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I am one of the few who like the Malay dubs, probably. Yes, the naming screwups are interesting(Blurr becomes Wally, Blaster becomes Billy, Minerva becomes Nightbeat, etc), but in a way, they're a lot of fun to watch.

And I've got the first three episodes of Car Robots(what we got as RiD in English) subbed rather than dubbed. To be honest, either the translators screwed up, or the dialogue really was that strange.

miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

If we are going to be allowing characters from the Beast Wars timeline in the RPG are they going to be the size that they were in the show so human sized or are they going to be really big like the G1 transformers?
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The easiest thing would be to say that they'd be scaled to whatever they turned into. So someone that turns into a dog might be Micromaster-sized, but the guys that turn into huge animals (like Depth Charge or Hellscream) would be up there in size with the G1 guys. And there's always mass-shifting to add into the equation too, which we haven't talked about yet.
verytired

Post by verytired »

Warcry wrote:And there's always mass-shifting to add into the equation too, which we haven't talked about yet.
I won't dig my heals in on this, but i would love it if we could ditch the mass-shifting thing entirely. Mass-shifting, compression: I think they're just pants.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »