[New RPG] When do we want to start?

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Warcry

When do we want to start?

Post by Warcry »

There's only two options for this, really:
  1. Start as soon as we've got all the pieces in place
  2. Wait until the current RPG is wrapped up
I'd be OK with either, but they both have drawbacks. Starting right away means that we'll all have to divide our attention between two games until the current one finishes. But it also means that we can get going while ideas are fresh in our heads.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Let's vote!

I vote we do it as soon as possible. I mean, if we do it after the current RPG ends, the enthusiasm might've waned out. Might as well as do it as soon as we've gotten the basics laid down, so we can get through the Cybertron background soon enough.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

I say we wait. The Beast Wars and Movie RPGs' attention splitting hurt both them and the main game. The current game deserves are full attention in it's final stretch. And, I believe, the new game should really get off to a full start.
verytired

Post by verytired »

I have no ties to the current RPG at present, so I would lean towards starting the new one now. But, if the majority of people wanted to wrap up the current one, then I would also be happy to lend a hand in bringing it to a good conclusion.
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

I say we wait until we are right near the end of the current RPG before we go stating the new one. Then as we begin to wrap things up with the current RPG we can open up the new RPG so that we can have a bit of a running start into it.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Threads should start a-closing soon, I think.

Altihex has already done so.

Yup, I vote that we wait a while to tie up some storylines.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

I'm hoping ASAP, though I would like to see the current RPG to get a nice ending to it too. I think it really depends on how long the current storyline takes to wrap up. :)
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Do it now!
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I think the current RPG needs to finish up first, a proper staff would need a good bit of time to develop a rich and player friendly campaign, and also having all the player's focus on it all at once will be better than divided focus.

I think the staff should probably give a time frame for how long they are going to run the current RPG and give players a chance to tie up their loose ends however they feel will best help influence the ending to a long running RPG.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

I'm in
Since I'm not involved in the old RPG atm, I'm all for starting as soon as the pieces are in place.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

There's no consensus at all here. Anyone else want to say their piece? :(

After all the planning we've put in I think we could start the new game in a week or two if we wanted to.
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Originally posted by Warcry

There's no consensus at all here. Anyone else want to say their piece?

After all the planning we've put in I think we could start the new game in a week or two if we wanted to.
That’s not a good sign.

Does this mean you plan on just ending the current RPG and starting the new one, because I 'm not going to lie two weeks doesn't sound like it will leave much room an ending, I would like some sense of closure with the current RPG. I have too many questions that I would hate to see go unanswered.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Not at all. The old game is going to stay open until it's finished.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Warcry wrote: After all the planning we've put in I think we could start the new game in a week or two if we wanted to.
I'd say put the start date as February 1st, 2011. Just over two weeks which gives time for staff to try and finalize any of their longer arcs and how to play them out as well as time for regular players to set down any personal story lines that they're interested in.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

February-ish would be good, IMO. For one I'd prefer to wait until the old RPG has finished. But that'll probably kill the enthusiasm of returning players and make us forget details for the new arc in general, so I'd say one or two weeks.

Update the RPG Wiki!
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Blackjack wrote:For one I'd prefer to wait until the old RPG has finished.
Only do that if you plan to tie the two together.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Blaster wrote:I'd say put the start date as February 1st, 2011.
I can get on board with that. We won't have the old game wrapped up by then, but I'm sure we'll cope.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

I'm a fan of the Feb 1st start date.

Gives me a reason to get going with some profile writing.

And all the other points are valid as well....
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Sounds good to me.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

01/02/11

Work today is doing my head in, what with some procedures changing hourly (almost), so I'll probably agree to anything... That is not an invitation.