[Original RPG] [cut from Roll Call thread] Drift joins the RPG!

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Blackjack

[cut from Roll Call thread] Drift joins the RPG!

Post by Blackjack »

Kudos to Warcry- I'll be NPC-ing a character who's recently been showcased heavily in the IDW G1 comics. No, it's not Overlord. Or Rotorstorm. Or Pyro. Or even the Insecticon Swarm. Instead, I will be playing as...

DRIFT.

Fear me.

-Hides behind umbrella in anticipation of the inevitable barrage of rotten fruit-
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Awesome ;)
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

:D
wyze2099
Protoform

Post by wyze2099 »

Awesome! I love Drift! This should be cool.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

He's not a bad character, he just suffered from over-publicizing him for something he wasn't. Do him some justice for us on the board ;)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

-peeks out from the rim of umbrella-

That wasn't quite the backlash I was expecting... where are ya, ziggy?
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Probably warming up the banhammer :p
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ban the toy rather than the character... Have you seen the abominable white plastic it's made of?
wyze2099
Protoform

Post by wyze2099 »

I'm staring at the toy right now. I don't see anything wrong with the plastic.

And about the over-publicizing: that seems exaggerated to me. I'd get into the reasons the fans have made a bigger deal out of Drift than IDW or Hasbro, but that'd derail the thread.

So instead, I'll just say, can't wait to see how he fits in with the RPG's continuity.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

-snip-

It's getting long, and the Roll Call thread isn't a place for discussion, so I moved this here. I brought it on, anyhow...
Clogs wrote:Ban the toy rather than the character... Have you seen the abominable white plastic it's made of?
the plastic on my Drift is okay. It's plain, but it works for the character. Actually it's the toy that made me want to RP him... ]And about the over-publicizing: that seems exaggerated to me. I'd get into the reasons the fans have made a bigger deal out of Drift than IDW or Hasbro, but that'd derail the thread.
[/quote]

No no no no... they over-publicize him. IDW states that Drift is something that is not 'readily available in prior transformers fiction', and that 'everyone will love it'. Drift will have the 'first-ever distinction of a comic character that gets made into a toy.

Ninjas, defectors and swordfighters have been in Transformers lore ever sine G1. And both Jhiaxus and Fallen have got toys years before IDW obtained the license to Transformers.

Drift wasn't so bad in AHM, but his dire spotlight, and how Shane keeps insisting that everyone loves Drift... well, it's annoying.

BTW, wyze, why did you disappear from the RPG all of a sudden back then? Curious... :)
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Blackjack wrote:Kudos to Warcry- I'll be NPC-ing a character who's recently been showcased heavily in the IDW G1 comics. No, it's not Overlord. Or Rotorstorm. Or Pyro. Or even the Insecticon Swarm. Instead, I will be playing as...

DRIFT.

Fear me.
YOU SUCK.

Though, to be fair, rather he's NPCd by a staff member than by some fanboi twat.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

well if you say so Blackjack

-heaves rotten fruit at Blackjack-
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Blackjack wrote:Kudos to Warcry- I'll be NPC-ing a character who's recently been showcased heavily in the IDW G1 comics..
Hmm. Now that you mention it, someone should come up with a totally awesome premise to (re)introduce Impactor into the RPG.
DRIFT.

Fear me.
Careful. I may just sic Blades on him ;)
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Pyro is tempting, just to see how many ways I can find for him to try and sacrifice himself...
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Halfshell wrote:YOU SUCK.
Selkadoom wrote:-heaves rotten fruit at Blackjack-
zigzagger wrote:Careful. I may just sic Blades on him ;)
There, that's more like it. :D