New toys for 2010/post-movie

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Mini-Cons are cheap ways to retain Transformer and GI Joe trademarks, come to think of it.

In Cybertron and the new Classics lines we had, at the top of my hat, Scrap Iron, Kobushi, Backblast, Iron Klaw, Ransack, Knockdown, Skyhammer, Cloudraker, Shockwave, Thunderblast, Snow Cat, Sky Lynx, Tankor... all those names (with the exception of Shockwave) that aren't likely to see much release but Hasbro is trying to keep.

Also, guys... Skipjack is an official character now. Takara is repainting the Legends class Rampage toy yellow and calling him 'Skipjack'.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

The one that's now called Reacharound is actually a pretty nifty little toy. By arranging the crane arms, you can catapult bits of paper around the English classroom.

I don't really see the point in this set. I'd normally guess it was slapped on the shelves for copyright reasons, but I can't imagine Hasbro being desperate to protect those ridiculous names.
I like bears.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Summerhayes wrote:The one that's now called Reacharound is actually a pretty nifty little toy. By arranging the crane arms, you can catapult bits of paper around the English classroom.
Does anyone else find it humerous that they won't release "Spastic" in the UK, but "Reacharound" is a-okay? :lol:
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Brimstone wrote:Does anyone else find it humerous that they won't release "Spastic" in the UK, but "Reacharound" is a-okay? :lol:
Reacharound in general is just wrong.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

According to TFW, BBTS has a listing up for Generations Thundercracker. He's expected to ship in February 2011.

I suppose that's a bit late to be a Christmas present to the fandom, but I know a lot of people who'll be very happy if this is true.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Awesome! :)
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Also, Apprently Hasbro thinks Rumble is blue now. That colour scheme looks exactly like Toy Frenzy and not much like the more purple Cartoon Rumble, but it is amusing that Hasbro can't make up their minds any more than the fandom can.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warcry wrote:Also, Apprently Hasbro thinks Rumble is blue now. That colour scheme looks exactly like Toy Frenzy and not much like the more purple Cartoon Rumble, but it is amusing that Hasbro can't make up their minds any more than the fandom can.
Eh. Funny, after several years of insisting that Rumble is red whenever asked, and they do this? Must be a FIRRIB guy doing the name-slapping now.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Entertainment Earth confirms that Thundercracker is part of Generations wave 7, still not as pretty as the one I painted for Halfshell.

tfw link
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Dear God, they've not gone with the horrible cartoon tone. Excellent stuff.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Cliffjumper wrote:Dear God, they've not gone with the horrible cartoon tone. Excellent stuff.
Did the Botcon version use a more cartoony scheme? If so they probably went for something different to cover themselves on the "Exclusive" nature of that toy (yeah, you know that if they didn't some fans would complain).
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Actually, wasn't cartoon Thundercracker even lighter than that? Assuming that pic is accurate it seems like they've gone with some kind of in-between shade of blue that won't completely please anyone.

I kinda hope I never see this, lest I come down with a case of Seeker Completistism and end up spending $50+ on a Skywarp. :(
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Warcry wrote:I kinda hope I never see this, lest I come down with a case of Seeker Completistism and end up spending $50+ on a Skywarp. :(
Seconded. Although I do like the look of TC, Skywarp's aftermarket prices are rather too large for my wallet, I'm afraid.

My (current) biggest regret when it comes to TF collecting... Back when the Classics line was new out I resisted buying the line because I was mad keen for all tghings Alt & BT. I therefore passed (repeatedly) on the shelf loads of exclusive Magnus / Skywarp 2- packs whenever I was in my local Woolies. AND IT WAS EVEN REDUCED TO £15 (1/2 price) FOR WEEKS!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :wall:
Wreck and Rule!
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I actually scored Magnus and Skywarp on clearance at Target for $7, (not gloatin', just sayin') and was quite pleased. I've got all the classics seekers thus far (minus Dirge, but that'll happen soon enough). Problem is most of them are still in their packaging in the closet somewhere. But, yes, seeker completionism is a bit of a problem. Thankfully it's a great mold!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I have Skywarp. He's in a box, somewhere. The first one to get a MISB U.S.S. Flagg to my door can have him.

I don't actually like the purple on Skywarp, it's a bit too pinky.

In all seriousness, though, people should probably check this out before going mental -
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0740978436
Obviously booted and in need of minor touch-ups, but the guy's serially listing them and they don't seem to reach much more than a tenner.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Was there a masterpiece Thundercracker? Because to be honest, I've got more chance of completing my collection in that mold than in the deluxe size. But they're both great toys.

When are Kup et al available? And what site would I actually use? Normally I'd just amble about and pick up what I like the look of but I'm pretty keen on this whole wave...
I like bears.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

New Generations toy listings

The highlights:
  • A new Starscream, possibly another Classics redeco.
  • Generations Warpath, something that's been suspected since the guy showed up in the Battle In Space comic with a suspiciously-new body design, and...
  • Generations Arcee. I figure this one will make a lot of people happy, if it's G1 enough.
Presumably all Deluxes, since they're listed as Generations.

Yay Warpath! I love the character because I owned the original when I was a kid, and the Legends-class Universe toy was a huge disappointment. Hopefully they'll get it right this time around!
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ime/20562/

I know I'm not interesting in this G2 Prime, but the wrist joint thing looks nice as long as they don't become loose, hope they can make that standard.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I'm pretty keen on the idea of a decent Arcee, if only because there are so very few female TFs worth buying.
I like bears.