New toys for 2010/post-movie

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Impressed.

Wonder what the Hasbro paint jobs / plastic colour will look like?
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Denyer wrote:Impressed.

Wonder what the Hasbro paint jobs / plastic colour will look like?
According to the printed Japanese on the images, Scourge, Wheeljack, and G2 Prime are oversea's version, which I say is Hasbro version. Next line mentioned domestic version coloring would be different, which I say is Takara version. Frenzy/Rumble only mentioned these are pre-product image, actual product may be different.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

More images of Generations "Sergeant Kup" @ KO Toys:
http://www.kotoys.com/forum/index.php?topic=1133.0
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I like that, a very nice looking update. And, in the opposite of Scourge, by just giving him a normal looking rifle rather than trying to fake the targetmaster I don't miss it.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Yeah. And since I've yet to come down from my LSOTW love buzz, he and Perceptor just might be possible buys for me. Though, Percy's alt-mode is a bit silly.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Yup. Might buy Kup.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

zigzagger wrote:Yeah. And since I've yet to come down from my LSOTW love buzz, he and Perceptor just might be possible buys for me. Though, Percy's alt-mode is a bit silly.
It is, but you could do like I did for Straxus. I transformed him to robot and have no intention of ever changing him back. I didn't buy him for a half assed half-track, I bought him because he's F'in STRAXUS.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Kup's another headcast figure. Change the head, change the colours, and he's Crankcase, or that one off Armada, or Dropkick, or Spastic, or whatever.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hmmm? He's got Kup's chest, his 'belt' and his skinny, rounded arms. His legs aren't that far off either. The only thing about his robot mode that doesn't scream "Kup!" are the huge shoulder pads, although admittedly those are what jump out at you first because they look so out of place. But he's blatantly Kup, and he'd be Kup no matter what colours you toss on him.

Kinda ugly though, I have to say. Although I suppose that's in line with the "looks like Kup" thing...
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Warcry wrote:Hmmm? He's got Kup's chest, his 'belt' and his skinny, rounded arms. His legs aren't that far off either. The only thing about his robot mode that doesn't scream "Kup!" are the huge shoulder pads, although admittedly those are what jump out at you first because they look so out of place. But he's blatantly Kup, and he'd be Kup no matter what colours you toss on him.

Kinda ugly though, I have to say. Although I suppose that's in line with the "looks like Kup" thing...
Well, then you should see the 3rd cover of the ongoing #13 and praise it doesn't look like that. :lol:
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The Cygar is gone! Praise de lord!

Shame Don still isn't giving a toss with the designs though.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Paul053 wrote:Well, then you should see the 3rd cover of the ongoing #13 and praise it doesn't look like that. :lol:
What the hell is that?
numbat

Post by numbat »

Paul053 wrote:Well, then you should see the 3rd cover of the ongoing #13 ...
I love it!

:love:

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
JDandCoke7
Protoform

Post by JDandCoke7 »

Neuronutter wrote:What the hell is that?
Seconded... Maybe he overloaded on the cy-gar...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

inflatable dalek wrote:The Cygar is gone! Praise de lord!
:(

I hope Perceptor has the monocle then. Hasbro needs to do something to rile up the anti-McCarthy fanbase for my petty fleeting amusement.

There's some new pics of some of the upcoming Legends figures. They all look horrible, especially compared to the real nice legends that were made for the Universe line (Beachcomber, Brawn, Cosmos, Wheelie...). And Megatron has an orange barrel.

That's right: the two-inch long gun has an orange barrel. Really, US toy safety laws?
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Warcry wrote:That's right: the two-inch long gun has an orange barrel. Really, US toy safety laws?
It's so the Men In Black don't accidentally try and use it as a WMD.
I like bears.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

My interest in the new Legends class toys has just waned, even the gun Megatron. Though I'm still getting Trailbreakcutter no matter what.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Those legends aren't so great. Saw them on TFW, people are excited about them like it was the second coming of jesus or something. :eyebrow:
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Paul053 wrote:According to the printed Japanese on the images, Scourge, Wheeljack, and G2 Prime are oversea's version, which I say is Hasbro version. Next line mentioned domestic version coloring would be different, which I say is Takara version. Frenzy/Rumble only mentioned these are pre-product image, actual product may be different.
Sorry, was being a bit sarcastic -- Hasbro product images bear so little resemblance to the actual finish of the products these days they're only really useful to indicate the shape.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I like the way the Trailbreaker Legends figure looks deformed and bizarre even compared to the damn Diaclone. Armada-esque!