[Original RPG] Wanted: Brave Autobots......

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Heinrad

Wanted: Brave Autobots......

Post by Heinrad »

.... who don't mind being background characters.

Nightbeat: -looking at the screen- "I don't know."

What, you're saying that Security is for cowards?

Nightbeat: "No, but we're not all background characters."

Valid point.

Ironhide: -snorts- "Ah think this' stupid. Ain't no way anybody's gonna want ta join up, 'specially seein' awl th' tunics ya had made up."

Nightbeat: -holding up a red, long sleeved shirt with 'Security' over the left breast- "What wrong with it?"

Ironhide: -taking the shirt from him and turning it around, showing the target on the back- "Gee, Ah dunno. We got enough probl'ms gettin' willin' recruits as it is. We ain't awl redshirts."

Nightbeat: "It's meant as a joke." -looks out at the readers- "The appeal is this. We need more characters in security. Not the ISS, but Autobase Security, aka the 'Bodyguard Unit'. If it's a dignitary, you'll guard it. If it's a politician, you'll guard it. If it's a top secret piece of technology that the Autobots want to keep out of Decepticon hands......."

Ironhide: "Ya prob'ly don't wanna make any long-term plans."

Nightbeat: "You're not helping."

Ironhide: "Ah ain't gonna sugarcoat it for 'em."

Nightbeat: -sighs- "Anyway, what we're looking for are NPCs. We don't need the huge numbers that the ISS has. But we do need more bodies. Figuratively speaking."

Ironhide: "Depends on whether'r not they keep shootin' at politicians."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I would volunteer one of my NPC Autobots, except that both Swoop and Whirl are tied up with their own teams, while Repugnus is, um, 'defecting'. Well, double-agent-ing.

Repugnus: "Come on, guys... the pay as security is better, and there are less chances of dying. I mean, I know my bio says I have to undertake suicide missions and everything, but that was when I got hazard pay... I would love to do this job!"

Swoop: "I thought you liked vile missions..."

Repugnus: "They didn't say anything about guys like Bludgeon and Sixshot. And no one told me about that frikkin' bomb in my head!"

Swoop: "Aw, is the widdle Monsterbot scared?"

Repugnus: -snarls-

Whirl: "But seriously, it'll involve a retcon, so no."

Repugnus: "Come on, man... Bludgeon'll see through my cover any minute now. Please? Pretty pretty please? I am born for this job."

Whirl: "No. How're you going to escape from the Fearless anyway even if we let you?"

Repugnus: -points at Wreckers-

Whirl: "We only do 'Wreck and Rule' when it suits the plot. Says so in our contract. Sorry, but it's your loss, Scissorboy. Have fun. Ta."

Repugnus: "Come on... I get to kill politicians with this gig!"

Whirl: "Huh? Read the post properly, buggy. They protect politicians."

Repugnus: "They do what? But Ironhide was talking about shooting politicians and..." -rereads post- "Blah. Never mind. This job is so vile and disgusting that not even I will take it... good luck searching for protection, guys. I'll stick with undead samurai." -hugs Bludgeon-

Anywaaaay, if more redshirts are needed and the mods would allow, I would be happy to take on another NPC Autobot. What I want is Skydive, but a bookworm is hardly security material. So... Maybe Arcee, because I think she would have some... interactions with both Hot Rod and Springer. No, not that kind. Wouldn't it be funny to see one of her closest friends running for mayor while the other is a renegade? So... is Arcee okay?
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Crush: "me need permament job you no mind if me bring along lifesize replica of Grimlock to leave in office?"
grimkuz
Protoform

Post by grimkuz »

warpath: IAM willing to BAAAM! join
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Prowl: Perhaps. Resources are currently being funneled into my own machinations, erm, important projects. Yes, important.

**hides blueprints for classified weapon***

Prowl: I will see if it is within the military's means, but I believe I can lend you a few "red-shirts".

(OOC: Just need to think about who that would be. How about the Trainbots? Prowl did say he had them on reserve.)

EDIT: But, seriously, if you want, have Ironhide or someone drop by Prowl's office (once he and Buffer conclude their business). He'll lend him the troops.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

I'm willing to NPC a character. I'll have a look at the available characters and will edit this post once I found a suitable one :)

EDIT: Gonna go with Brawn. You're looking for brave Autobots and he definately fits that bill :)
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Looks good so far. Arcee, Warpath, Brawn.... the Trainbots would work as well.

I'm kind of thinking of a combination of the Ankh-Morpork Watch and the detectives from Barney Miller. Personalities. They may not be the best suited, or the most intimidating(really, would you be intimidated by Tracks? Not even Road Rage is terribly intimidating.... well, until she rips your arm off and beats you to death with it, that is), but they've got personality.

Exactly how big is Crush, anyway? Omega Supreme's height? Half that? He might be good as a mobile base......
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

About 2/3rds Omega Supremes height. He'd fit the "Troll " position although the name Detritus is already taken.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Yup. A small mobile base. Hopefully his vehicle mode has wheels. He might get pressed into service right away, too. Although he might have to get a little retrofitted first. Think he's got enough room for a small forensics lab? Probably have to upgrade his comms equipment, too.

grimkuz
Protoform

Post by grimkuz »

so what do our characters do exactly?

and what exactly does npc mean?

and lastly

if we are letting you guys borrow them, when do we get to control them again?
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

NPC means Non-Player Character. Basically characters that aren't your main ones. And you'll still get to control them. Basically this is a plea from me for more people to play security officers that would be more than just furniture in the background.

And Warpath would fit in. He's red. Well, maroon, but close enough.

optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Treads, but i'm sure they could find room for a forensic lab. He'll just have to warehouse part of his Dinobot Collection
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

NPC is basically how, say, I use Barricade, Swoop or Whirl. They're there, but unless they are needed they remain inactive. They usually stay in the rosters for only a couple of months, or until their use runs out. For example, Barricade... soon I'll drop him.

Arcee's red too! (Well, pink. Close enough) Establishing dibs on her as a NPC if no one objects... :)
grimkuz
Protoform

Post by grimkuz »

ok so i think i got it,

just another question:

im guessing these characters are there just to make the place look important.

is it ok to add a certain things in, while theyre npc? like could they say something or do a certain action, or are they just, completely not playable?
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Of course your characters can still interact with others. You just helping Heinrad fill out the ranks.

By the way, Heinrad, when you have a moment would you mind putting together a summary for Autobase Security to go in subgroup section on the wiki?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

An example of NPC is like, saaaay, Barricade. He still interacts with others, still takes part in the holo-fight and bosses people around like a proper character.

He just does less of it compared to Scorponok, a regular character.
grimkuz
Protoform

Post by grimkuz »

ok cool, thanks guys
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Heinrad wrote:I'm kind of thinking of a combination of the Ankh-Morpork Watch and the detectives from Barney Miller. Personalities. They may not be the best suited, or the most intimidating(really, would you be intimidated by Tracks? Not even Road Rage is terribly intimidating.... well, until she rips your arm off and beats you to death with it, that is), but they've got personality.
OH! OH! Pick me!!!

Providing I get to play Nobby Nobbs - er... who's the nearest established Autobot for that? Oiler?

Or Slow Poke as... y'know, the Dwarf who made Detritus the brain-cooling helmet... one of the Glods? Help me out here...

For some reason, I'm drawn to Erector, 'cos I'm a girl and I can get away with it :swirly:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Blackjack wrote: Arcee's red too! (Well, pink. Close enough) Establishing dibs on her as a NPC if no one objects... :)
Brawn: "Fumes on an axle!" -looks over at Swerve- "There's just no way I'm gonna get me a red paint job and look like that!"
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Red's not a prerequisite color. Unless you really want to wear one of those shirts, that is. :D

Nobody wants to play Reg Shoe? Although, I have to admit, zombies are few and far between on Cybertron....