FansProject Crossfire Set B? [inspired by Blast-Off/Swindle]

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
glazios

Post by glazios »

Just preordered the sets with TFSource. I caved when I took another look at the gestalt mode in colour, and my brain went DO WANT! :swirly:

Ahhhahaha... my wallet's going to feel that in a bit... T_T
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

NightHawk

Post by NightHawk »

Hm, that would suck really...but since I have pre-ordered them I am not too afraid, eventually will get them. I'm more miffed about that ash cloud constantly closing down air traffic here in Europe which majorly delay orders coming from America.
glazios

Post by glazios »

NightHawk wrote:Hm, that would suck really...but since I have pre-ordered them I am not too afraid, eventually will get them. I'm more miffed about that ash cloud constantly closing down air traffic here in Europe which majorly delay orders coming from America.
Damn straight, dude, on all points. The ash cloud's going to be slowing things down on and off for a while, I think. I bought ROTF Bruticus and the Aerial Team Appendage kit a fortnight ago from eBay, one from Taiwan and the other from the Phillipines; both have been dispatched to my knowledge but neither of them has arrived yet.

If it's going to be this way for a while, and given that several meteorological services are saying that it is, I think we're going to have to just accept the fact and get used to it until the cloud breaks up... or whatever it is that volcanic ash clouds do when they eventually go away... ¬_¬;;
NightHawk

Post by NightHawk »

glazios wrote:I bought ROTF Bruticus
You too huh? I bought mine on May 8th on Ebay and it was located in America, it only got sent away yesterday so it will still take a day or two to arrive here, longer if that ash cloud keeps getting in the way. >.<

Though all in all, I somewhat doubt the ash cloud is the influence of the Crossfire Set B being delayed, perhaps they got so many pre-orders that FansProject realized they would need to make more?
glazios

Post by glazios »

NightHawk wrote:You too huh? I bought mine on May 8th on Ebay ... it will still take a day or two to arrive here, longer if that ash cloud keeps getting in the way. >.<
Mine arrived out of the blue this morning. Typical really; I spent most of last night trying to get in-touch with the seller just to get the damn tracking number out of him... *sigh*
Though all in all, I somewhat doubt the ash cloud is the influence of the Crossfire Set B being delayed, perhaps they got so many pre-orders that FansProject realized they would need to make more?
Yeah, I guess... In terms of their costs vs. turnover for this set, let's hope that's the case; it might mean that they'll produce a few more batches, so the set will be on the market a bit longer for those who really want it but can't afford it immediately.

Of course, that's not to say that those asshats at a certain auction site won't amp their prices and make a mint off it... and god help us if the bootleggers get ahold of one... ¬_¬

Damn vultures...
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

glazios wrote:and god help us if the bootleggers get ahold of one... ¬_¬

Damn vultures...
Technically, the bootleggers are the only ones making these.
NightHawk

Post by NightHawk »

glazios wrote:Mine arrived out of the blue this morning. Typical really; I spent most of last night trying to get in-touch with the seller just to get the damn tracking number out of him... *sigh*
Well mine is still in some place called Mechanicsville, I chuckled at the name but I guess I will get him by the end of this week.
Notabot wrote:Technically, the bootleggers are the only ones making these.
Kind of yes, they're not official but not quite bootleg either...suppose companies like these need a new term to define them. Sadly, there have already been made bootlegs of some of FansProjects stuff, mostly the Commander add on sets for Prime/Magnus.
glazios

Post by glazios »

NightHawk wrote:Sadly, there have already been made bootlegs of some of FansProjects stuff, mostly the Commander add on sets for Prime/Magnus.
'Ch... tell me about it. I can give first-hand testimony of just how shitty a bootleg FansProject City Commander is, trust me. The plastic quality is atrocious, and the construction and the moulding are a disaster area all by themselves.

The bootleg I found myself with when I first bought a City Commander trailer wouldn't even attach to the figure properly. Moreover, it looked and felt fake. I now have an actual City Commander trailer, and I can confidently attest to the difference between the actual FansProject product and a bootleg - the fake, which I sent back and demanded a refund for, doesn't even compare.

The difference, of course, is that the actual FansProject releases are made with professional skill and quality control, with hard durable plastic and a certain kind of metal pin that I've only ever seen used by FansProject; the bootlegs by comparison are made from cheap plastic and carelessly chugged out of faulty moulds - they're made to cash in on what FansProject have created, and the bootleggers don't care about the quality or the breakability of what they produce, just so long as it makes them their money.

That's the difference.
glazios

Box Art pictures found

Post by glazios »

Just spotted something new over at Seibertron, while searching for updates on the release date. Trail's cold on that front, no new information, but we do have this to mull over in the meantime:

BOX ART PICS
http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=18819

Gotta say, those are lookin' pretty swish. The grid pattern is rather G1-esque, neh? Me likey. :cheers:

If this has been reported before-hand... eh, you can sue me for all I care; if that's the case then no-one gives a crap anyway, right?

Slightly disappointed that we still know nothing about the release date; in-case my above offhand-ness was not enough of a clue, I'm getting seriously tired of waiting for these puppies to get here already... ¬_¬

Discuss, rant about, whatever. Have at it, keep it PG13...or not. :swirly:
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Bruticus is age 5+ and with all the new weapons, he is now 16+. Ha! :lol:
glazios

Post by glazios »

Paul053 wrote:Bruticus is age 5+ and with all the new weapons, he is now 16+. Ha! :lol:
Well, yes. He would be, wouldn't he? I mean, he's now carrying several things that resemble, y'know, guns. Me I'm calculating how many heart attacks Hasbro staff have had already. I'm surprised their CEO didn't have a stroke when they released the colour images of the gestalt.

There'll be another lawsuit if FansProject keeps 1UP-ing them like this... :lol::p:swirly:
NightHawk

Post by NightHawk »

Update: Crossfire02 “Explorer & Munitioner”

By day | June 11, 2010

Delay and Release Date Notice:

Due to the complex of making two brand new figures. Our factory can not meet our scheduled release date for “Explorer” & ” Munitioner”.

Fansproject will start shipping out both “Explorer” & “Munitioner” to retailers at the end of June,2010.

Topics: Uncategorized | No Comments »
Copied from the FansProject website, seems we'll have to wait a few weeks more for it.
glazios

Post by glazios »

For a minute there I thought that said "end of July". Nearly gave me a feckin' heart attack.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

When in last month, I can wait. Then in this month, I can't wait. Oh, few more weeks.
NightHawk

Post by NightHawk »

Waiting another two to three weeks is not too bad really, and it was to be expected.
glazios

Post by glazios »

So long's it gets here in the end, I don't much care how long it takes, just so long as it does actually get here.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

I still haven't put money forth for Bruticus yet. Likely won't until I get the Aerial Add-on kit for my Superion first...which will be awhile I suppose since no one has any in stock.:|

But I certainly like the looks of the figures and will probably get them eventually...Damn I need a job.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
glazios

Post by glazios »

Catalyst Dragon wrote:I still haven't put money forth for Bruticus yet. Likely won't until I get the Aerial Add-on kit for my Superion first...which will be awhile I suppose since no one has any in stock.
You'll be waiting a long while before anyone has that instock again, friend. Your best best is eBay, and at this point even that's a longshot, and not to mention a potentially rather expensive one... ¬_¬
NightHawk

Post by NightHawk »

Catalyst Dragon wrote:I still haven't put money forth for Bruticus yet. Likely won't until I get the Aerial Add-on kit for my Superion first...which will be awhile I suppose since no one has any in stock.:|

But I certainly like the looks of the figures and will probably get them eventually...Damn I need a job.
glazios wrote:You'll be waiting a long while before anyone has that instock again, friend. Your best best is eBay, and at this point even that's a longshot, and not to mention a potentially rather expensive one... ¬_¬
I'll agree with Glazios there, that's a longshot and an expensive one...I would advice you to get this set pre-ordered while you still can before it is out of stock and costing twice the price on Ebay once they come out.