[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm:Those Ills we Have (Altihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Premier Forum

"Oh, great!" Spill exclaimed. "Like he's going to fit on the evacuation ship?"

"Pilot can rig up the heavy sling," Headlight murmured.

Jemmy spread his hand/hypo, grinned. "Sorry. Overcompensated for his size."

"Makes this easier, though," Spill admitted, moving into lever open one of [Despatch's] thoracic access hatches. "We have to disconnect his transforming mechanisms before we can move him, just in case."

"Agreed." Headlight moved closer, illuminating the temporary operating site.

~~~

"There ain't no logical reason why anyone'd wanna attack Altihex lhike this," Lasoo said, suddenly grim, to Highbrow. "But someone did..."

~~~

Afterburner had a clear view of the white medical ship now. Home run. Nevertheless, he quickly scanned the area, just to make sure there were no apparent hostiles.

"Not long now, buddy," he said, addressing the mech he was carrying, and strode on down the hill. From this slight vantage point he could make out Jazz, Hound, the jets Dirge and Thrust, and Bumblebee, a bright splash of yellow. And, ah, he could not miss Wing Saber...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Chip1123
Protoform

Premier Forum

Post by Chip1123 »

"Sometimes, unfortunately, logic can be chunked. Some creatures are not governed by logic or do not respond to it. Others, like Shockwave, take it too far. It is a delicate balance." Highbrow responded to Lasoo.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

((ooc: Don't forget about this thread guys, need to keep them moving))

Premier Forum

Everyone having stayed quiet, Dirge continued to monitor Thrust and Bumblebee, hoping that he and Jazz wouldn't have to intervein in the event of a fight.

Hound continued to hobble along, transporting himself, Wing Saber, and Spike over towards the the activity. He guided his cluster over towards the medical ship, getting as close as they could to the Medics working on Despatch without getting in their way.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Premier Forum

"Bumblebee," Jazz said. "Go help out Hound and get Wing Saber over here. Dirge, you and I can watch over Thrust."

Bumblebee nods. "Will do Jazz." Bumblebee glanced over at Thrust and then walked over to Hound. They we're only a few feet away, and not far behind them Bumblebee could spot Afterburner arriving at the Premier Forum too. "Jazz, I can see Afterburner in the distance. Seems like he's carrying somebody that's injured too."

Jazz looks ahead at Afterburner approaching with the mechanoid. More injured and I don't see us gettin' outta here anytime soon. Maybe I should stop working solo ops and expand the Special Forces. Soon as I get back to Iacon, that's the first thing I'm gonna do.

"Here, let me help," Bumblebee said to Hound. "If we get Wing Saber close to the medics, one of them can probably fix him up enough so he can move on his own again."

As Jazz contemplates on how to get everybody out of Iacon he looks over at Dirge, at Thrust and back at Dirge. "You know, Dirge," he said. "It's good to have you on our side. I know that you've had a rough time getting accepted by the general public as an Autobot, but you're okay in my book," Jazz said with a smile.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Chip1123
Protoform

Premier Forum

Post by Chip1123 »

Ironfist pulled up beside Jazz. "Got another one for you." He said, indicating Searchlight, the bot who had been hurt and was riding in the back of his Alt-mode for the duration of the trip. "Been quiet for awhile now. Vitals seem alright. Still need to get him onto the medical ship."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Premier Forum

Full-on evacuation, Afterburner observed to himself. We' re running - for the best of reasons - but we're leaving a mess behind.

He half-turned to say something to Minerva, looking over his shoulder, but she was no longer close by (ooc: where is she?). Instead, he carried on walking down the slight incline, gently reassuring the injured Sheriff as he made for the nearest 'bots: Highbrow and another Sheriff.

~~~

"Got it!" Spill exclaimed from inside Despatch. "Transforming cog is disassociated. Hm, there's some old damage here, too..."

"Leave it," Jemmy advised. "We have to go."

"Close him up and I'll call Pilot," Headlight agreed.

~~~

"Logic is a-telling me to shure git outta here." Lasoo looked past Highbrow, back up the hill to where Afterburner was walking. "One 'a ya mechs needs a hand, Ah think."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Premier Forum

Jazz nodded in repsonse to Ironfist. He looked at Searchlight and shook his head. "Could be that he's in stasis lock. What happened to him?" Jazz asked.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Premier Forum

Searchlight twitched and blinked.

"it hurts everywhere , like I'm on fire aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh".
Chip1123
Protoform

Premier Forum

Post by Chip1123 »

"Think he was in a nasty fight at the prison. Never made it to the med-center before the place came down." Ironfist replied to Jazz. "And from the sound of it, he could use some help."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Premier Forum

"Thanks, but I don't want to get too close and drop Wing Saber right in the middle of their other pacient," Hound spoke to Bumblebee, his exhaustion showing through in his tone.

"Then let me drop here, give yourself some time to rest," Wing Saber answered, just as weary.

Hound however just shook his head, repositioning himself to better support the larger Autobot. "Last time we did that you siezed up. I can last until those Medics have a chance to help, if they can."

Dirge turned his head towards Jazz as he spoke, eventually managing a smile when he'd finished. The smile lasted only a moment, though, distracted by Thrust as the other conehead made a brief, disgusted noise. Thrust said nothing else, though, looking away from the two of them as though completely disinterested. The Decepticon would have liked to make a comment on the mushy Autobot sentiments, but he decided against it.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Premier Forum

Jazz caught the smile that Dirge gave him even though that smile faed away quickly. "Not much of a talker, huh? I can dig that. Still, I think you and I need to just sit down and have a good one at Maccadam's. After this is over, look me up. We'll let the good time roll," he said putting his thumb up.

Jazz was suddenly suprised by the liveliness that Searchlight showed. "Whoa! Guess that rules out stasislock. We'll get you some medical attention A.S.A.P. little dude. Just hang on."
Aspiring DJ!
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Premier Forum

"I'm sure they won't be long, Hound," Bumblebee said while looking at Wing Saber. "As soon as they finish up with that big guy, we board the ship and we're out of here."

"Highbrow," Jazz said. "Any updates on the progess of the medics?"
Aspiring DJ!
Chip1123
Protoform

Premier Forum

Post by Chip1123 »

"They are working as quickly as they are able to Jazz." Highbrow replied. "We have been helping the most injured get to their attention, but quite frankly, there is a little bit of a wait."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Premier Forum

Dirge nodded to Jazz, his smile returning again, with no comments from Thrust this time. "I was over there earlier, before this fiasco took me and Hound out of our day off. We'd dragged Aero Blade up there to take a day off too before he got routed elsewhere. I should probably bring him along again the next time too - he's got no practice relaxing."

Hound nodded to Bumblebee, though he didn't seem at all comfortable with the load he was carrying, but he didn't dare let Wing Saber sit down. "I might wind up transforming into a pretzle before this is over."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Premiere Forum

Despatch moaned half unconcious

"W.W.S.L.D, W.W.S.L.D over and over again."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Premier Forum

"Close him up," Headlight repeated a little more urgently than before. "His basic cognitive processes are onlining."

"Sounds more like his ideo-recondrite chip," Spill muttered as he stepped out through one of the big primative's side panels. "Won't take fractals to close, but he will need watching in case he tries to tranform."

Headlight nodded. "Pilot has signalled that he can deploy the sling when I give the signal."

Jemmy, monitoring Despatch, was nevertheless aware of the number of mechs converging on the evacuation ship. "We have more wounded," he advised his colleagues. "We need some of the other medic teams out here to get them assessed and moved aboard..."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Springer85
Protoform

ooc: with thanks to Blackjack!

Post by Springer85 »

Premier Forum

Jazz didn't hear Dirge even though he stood close to him. Jazz was distracted. Seeing Searchlight twitch and turn like that, seeing the others hurt like they are really took him back. Way back to what could be named as a defining moment in the time Jazz has functioned.

Sentinel Prime just passed away and the new leader, Optimus Prime stepped up and managed to rally enough Autobots to his cause to fight the Decepticons. Jazz had just been named head of Special Operations division. A group of Autobots that would be able to do covert missions that aren't exactly... ethical. They were the first in their kind.

Exigeyser, Havoc, Signal Flare, Breakaway, Search & Rescue, Backstop, Bodyblock and Knockdown were amongst the crew that Jazz took with him on his first big mission. Even though he was advised to bring more experienced soldier with him, Jazz had confidence in his men and that he would complete the mission with success. Their mission? Sneak through and capture the Sonic Canyons so that the Autobots would be granted instant passage to Polyhex.

They took a shuttle towards the Sonic Canyons and upon arriving, Jazz had the feeling that something was wrong. It had been way too quiet during their whole trip and before he could realize it, they flew right into an ambush. Backstop was the first to be taken out with snipershot straight into his forehead, killing him instantly. For only a klik, Jazz was shocked. That moment passed quickly as Search and Rescue tried to do for Backstop what they could and Jazz ordered the others to open fire. Not long after that, Search was gunned down by another sniper shot. Rescue tried to do what he could for his brother, but with their shuttle being gunned down, his working conditions weren't the best.

Jazz managed to take out 2 Decepticons seekers, but there were still too many to deal with. As the shuttle had crashed, they were still under heavy fire and Havoc tried to draw the attention away from the wreckage as much as he could. He was successful in his attempt, but paid the ultimate price for it as missile tore his frame apart. Another one down and Jazz realized that they were being picked off one by one. Jazz looked up and saw two Decepticons in the air. He took aim and was able to puncture one of the 'Cons left wing, sending him to spin out of control and slam into the other one, knocking them out cold in the process.

Jazz had a moment to reassess the situation and decided to take the offensive.

(ooc: story to be finished next post!)
Aspiring DJ!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Premier Forum

"Sounds like they're calling out some more help," Spike told Hound and Bumblebee, having been listening in on the activities of the medics while his larger partner focused on keeping Wing Saber balanced.

"Good," Hound replied. "Won't be long before we can get back to home territory."

Dirge meanwhile was watching Jazz as the other Autobot seemed to space out a bit. He frowned slightly but didn't yet disturb the other mech. He wondered briefly if that was what he looked like when he spaced out thinking about his own past with the Decepticions.

Thrust remained where he was, fidgeting unhappily with boredom.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Premier Forum

Jazz was still caught in his memory of his past and if he would be attacked rigth now, he would've been oblivious to it.

It was so long ago, but Jazz remembers it like it was yesterday. His team was being picked off opne by one, but they were ready to take the offensive.

While his remaining team got ready, Jazz fired off a missile and it slammed onto Havoc's killer. The Decepticon spun out of control and took another one another one down with him.

Avoiding the ion blasts and missiles slamming around him, Jazz shot another missile at a gray-and-purple tank shelling them with electric bolts, taking him out in the process with the help of the combined firepower from Breakaway and Exigeyser, who had eventually joined him, forced the Decepticon to retreat.

Happy that he just took out 3 Decepticons, Jazz remembers turning around at that moment, only to be horrified to see that a fourth Decepticon landed on top of the burning debris of his shuttle. He shouted out a warning, and opened fire at the assassin with his photon rifle. The silver and white Decepticon dodged the missiles and photon blasts and slid into the burning wreckage, where Rescue had gathered the rest of the team, trying to send out an SOS signal for Autobot reinforcements. It was too late. Rescue was killed too and soon after, Knockdown followed who failed to protect Rescue.

Jazz sent in the 3 remaining members of his team back into the wreckage to take out the Decepticon that was responsible for killing his teammembers. It was then that Jazz recognized the Decepticon. Deadlock. Wanted for murder of several corporate businessmen, as well as several Autobot generals. He made his way to the wreckage with the determination to slag this murderer and take his head for a trophy.

(ooc: trip down memory lane concluded next post!)

"That's good news," Bumblebee said in response to Hound. It'll be good to be back in Iacon. What's the first thing you're going to once you get back, Hound?"
Aspiring DJ!
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Premier Forum

Jazz looked up at the sky while old memories were still passing through his mind.

He remembered Deadlock was being piled on just outside the wreckage by the remaining Autobots. Jazz saw that the 'Con was able to use the numbers in his advantage and took out Bodyblock by sticking a bomb to his chest. Exigeyser fired everything he had and managed to get a few hits in. Deadlock, however, dropped down and shot Exigeyser's thigh with a pair of miniguns he had whipped out, driving him down to his knees.

Deadlock took aim at Exigeyser's head and Jazz managed to leap into harms way, trying to prevent Deadlock from picking off another member of his crew. One bullet slammed into Jazz's gut with high velocity, but the second bullet hit straight home in the head of Exigeyser. Jazz was in pain and helpless against Deadlock.

Breakaway was the only other one still functioning and came to Jazz's rescue. He slammed his rifle into the face of Deadlock and Deadlock stumbled backwards into the canyon. Deadlock managed to reach out to Breakaway and pulled him down with him. Jazz could do nothing but watch as his friend fell into the Sonic Canyons while Deadlock was saved on his way down by another Decepticon. His entire team wiped out with only him as the survivor. Jazz emptied an entire clip at the Decepticon in the hope of taking him down but he had no such luck. It wasn’t long after that reinforcements had arrived and Jazz was immediately attended to.

Jazz’s mission was a success. The Decepticons camped out at the Sonic Canyons had fled and the Autobots had a clear passage into to Polyhex, but the price was high. With his entire team slaughtered, it was then that Jazz decided to never work with a team again. All Special Ops missions from then on were done by him alone. He no longer wanted to be responsible for the lives of others.

Jazz looked around. He realized that he spaced off for a moment there as her rememberd his fallen friends. He couldn't help it, but he falt responsible for the lives of the 'bots around him too. Time and many battles had helped him deal with the loss of his friends.

Jazz looked back at the medics working on Despatch. "Seems like they're about done, Dirge. You ready to go?"
Aspiring DJ!