[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm:Those Ills we Have (Altihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Ungla Cracker

Post by Ungla Cracker »

Corridor, Entrance to Secure Medbay

Thrust continued to thrash around for a few seconds before giving up the struggle. Thrust instinctively gave his response,

“HA HA HA! It takes three Autobots to take down a cuffed Thrust. NOW LET ME GO!” he began another unconvincing struggle with the three Autobots but gave up in just a few seconds. He announced again in a far less defiant tone,

“just get me out of here”
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

"Slaggit!" Afterburner hauled the still disorientated Searchlight behind him through the settling dust and appealed to Ironfist: "I need help here."

There were too many grumbling noises beneath his feet that could not be ignored. And he did not believe Searchlight was fully aware of the danger - or, indeed, fully aware.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Dirge gave a loud sigh, though it seemed like Thrust was, reasonably, back to normal, if any of the seekers could even call themselves that. Dirge wasn't even sure of himself, in fact...

But the time for musing such things would have to wait for later. Counting on Jazz's weapon in Thrust's face to keep him pacified for the moment, Dirge got up off of the seeker, then hauled him back to his feet with Bumblebee's assistance.

"Come on," He called to everyone. "The others are waiting. Let's get them and go."

Medbay

Hound stood in the entrance way, looking down either end of the corridor for any signs of activity. It'd been a long time since he'd seen the others as they left for their search for survivors, and he was becoming worried. But he couldn't leave - Wing Saber was still out, and he didn't want to rouse the large Autobot any sooner than necessary. Added to that, Bumblebee had wandered off at some point, giving Hound yet another thing to worry about.

With no functional CR chambers large enough to handle the oversized mech, Wing Saber had simply found a suitably sized table to settle down on for a rest cycle, leaving his self-repair system to handle what it could. Having de-linked some time ago, Spike was sitting nearby to him, watching the huge Autobot for any changes so that Hound was able to devote most of his attention to sentry duty at the door.

"I don't like this, Spike," Hound would call out to his bond-partner, still watching the corridors. "Decepticon prisoners rioting is one thing, but that was a pretty significant number of Unicronians earlier. Could just be causing some chaos like they tend to do, but after everything else that's happened in recient times, makes me wonder if something more wasn't happening."

"If it's normal for them to cause chaos, wouldn't it be more fitting for them to break the pattern and be chaotic by not causing chaos?" Spike mused briefly aloud. He suceeded in causing Hound to glance back over his shoulder at the human with grimace, which in turn made Spike laught briefly. "Well it's true, isn't it?" Spike questioned again.

"Then let's hope they do just than and leave us alone for the rest of our stay," Hound answered, trying hard not to crack a grin at his partner's antics. "Them and our friends out there..."
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

Ironfist turned to look at Afterburner. "Put him in the back." He said indicating Searchlight. He transformed to his Hummer mode. "Faster as well. Hard to secure him, but don't have time."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Simple idea - transform to take a passenger! Afterburner had to admit, though, that the amount of debris in the corridor would make him think very hard before changing modes. He pushed the non-resisting Searchlight into Ironfist's Humvee form safe in the knowledge that the vehicle was designed for difficult terrain.

"Get him out of here," he told Ironfist, pushing the door closed.

Afterburner was not much given to authority; authority throwing its weight around made him defiant, uncooperative and, quite frankly, bad-tempered. But, even though Ironfist seriously out-ranked him, he was impressed by his calm and practical kindness. In the past, maybe he had been too angry with senior units to realise they were, fundamentally, not much different to himself.

A lump of ceiling hit him on the head. Afterburner stopped being introspective and legged it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Jazz glances over at Ironfist and then lifts up his rifle out of the face of Thrust. A panel flips up on the left arm of Jazz. "This is Jazz calling Blaster. Do you read me? Got me a 'Con and some fellow Autobots that need to be extracted. Can you send me the coordinates of the rendezvous point?"

"Lead the way, Dirge," Bumblebee said. "I'll cover you." Bumblebee slowly moves forward, watching his step. "Can't wait to get out of here. First thing I'll do is head straight for Maccadam's when we're done."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Afterburner could see that Jazz was making the call Ironfist had ordered, but lingering was not an option. By the look of things, Thrust was not going to make any further trouble; sadly, it also meant Thrust's opportunity to join the Autobots, whether honest or not, was shot.

"You'd better move it, Bumblebee," Afterburner remarked to the Minibot with a smirk as he ran past. "It's last orders here..."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Searchlight still rather dazed from what he had been through responded automatically meekly climbing aboard Ironfist.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Corridors

Nodding to acknowledge everyone now being ready, Dirge secured a tight grip on Thrust's arm (mainly to be sure he didn't loose him if they had to bolt again, or hte other mech lost his footing).

"Alright, let's go," He called aloud to everyone, setting a brisk walking pace for himself and Thrust. He didn't want to run, Thrust's balance compromised by the cuffs, but he also wanted them to move as quick as possible. The sooner they were out of there, the better.
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

Not wanting to have his driving cause those following him problems, Ironfist let the others go in front of him, avoiding most obstacles, but not all. Those that were a problem, he had to push aside, careful of making the debris rain down. "Nearing exit. Almost out..."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

As Jazz was waiting for a response from Blaster. He opens up his communication panel again but receives nothing but static. He decides to move forward as it's unwise to stay in one place this long with the building being as unstable as it is. While walking, he tries to contact Highbrow. "This is Jazz calling Highbrow. Do you read me? Got me a cuffed 'Con and some fellow Autobots that need to a safe place to chill out. Can you send me the coordinates of the rendezvous point?"

Bumblebee let's Afterburner go. He doesn't want to endanger the others again after the last incedent. Bumblebee looks up to Jazz who was walking next to Dirge now. "Hey, I just remembered! Hound's still here somewhere! So is Spike! We can't forget about them!"

(ooc: Bumblebee knows this right? If not, forget about that last part)
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

((OOC: yeah, last place Bumblebee was active before he lulled and you took him was the medbay. That also happens to be "the others" that Dirge keeps referring to, as they came from there. He's leading them back that way. Btw, we should be sufficiently away from the high security area, they've been walking for some time now ;) ))

Corridors

Dirge was starting to grow a bit tired from everything that had happened thus far, making him glad to see that the area closer to the standard medbay was still fairly well intacted. It was by no-means pristine, as battle scarred as the rest of the now condemmed prison, but at least this section didn't seem like it was going to fall on them. Dirge slowed his pace back to a walk, but he still make sure to keep himself and Thrust moving at a decient pace, the sound of more supports crumbling way far back down the corridor a reminder that even this section wasn't going to last too much longer.

"Should be around the next corner," Dirge called out to the others, hoping he remembered the prison layout correctly. Now wasn't the best of times to get lost... "I hope Wing Saber's ready to go. Don't think we've got enough free hands to haul him out if we have to..."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Corridors

Afterburner trotted on, acutely aware of the rumbles of danger behind him. He was starting to ache; some of the damage he had taken in his earlier encounter with the falling security door was beginning to register little telltales on his HUD. He half-turned to Bumblebee and urged, "Don't be scared to get ahead of me - I haven't shot anyone (except a few authority figures) in the back."

It was meant light-heartedly...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Corridors

Chainclaw staggered dazedly out of sideroom having had to extract himself from under a fallen roof joist.

Medbay

inside a CR chamber something stirred Powerflash opened his optics.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Medbay:

Minerva: -muttering under her breath- "Just had to use nonstandard parts, didn't I......." -CR chamber opens with a PING, and her transector stumbles out, dropping to one knee as she transforms, the transector's hands picking her up and locking her intoo place on it's shoulders- "There. Now I'm less likely to get stepped on, at least." -flexing her hands and stretching, makes her way over to Powerflash's CR chamber- "Hang on a minute, I'll get you out." -hitting the controls to open the chamber, activates her commlink- "Jazz? Where are you?"
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Medbay

"Hey Hound, they're coming around," Spike called out, going around to the other end of Wing Saber's table as he spotted Minerva going over to a CR Chamber. "Big guy's still out of it, though. How're you feeling Minerva?"

"That's good," Hound called back to Spike, glancing briefly into the room before returning his attention to the corridors. "Right on time, too. I think the others are coming back finally," Hound added. He could scarcely tell much more than seeing several bots coming their way, but even with the dusty corridors and minimal lighting he could still make out Dirge's bright blue hue approaching.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Medbay:

Minerva: "A little dazed, a little woozy. Quite a headache. Usual stuff." -walks over to Wing Saber's table, starts running a scanner over him- "What happened?"
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Medbay

"He used one of his WMDs on a big unicronian while they were in the same room," Spike summarized for Minerva. "He was relatively alright when Hound and the others dug him out earlier, but that was quite some time ago."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Medbay:

Minerva: -scowling more, glad that her hardsuit is sealed- "Lovely. Are we talking N.B.C. or just really big explosions?"

Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

"I think he had antimatter warheads, or something like that," Spike answered, having to think for a moment. He was not too familiar with the large Autobot himself, but he had heard things about the mission when the guy had been found. "I don't think anyone's meantioned him being radioactive or anything."