[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm:Those Ills we Have (Altihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Secure Medical Unit

Of course not! Afterburner thought bitterly, turning away from Thrust, but he had to admit that things did not look good for Searchlight... or what was left of him. He noted the console message and wondered what had been the plan here, to what was this head to have been grafted?

He reached out, finger hovering above the keyboard 'n' (or it's Cybertronian equivalent), deliberately avoiding talking to Searchlight.

"We'll have to shift all this equipment," he said. Which is impossible. "I'm not sure what effect it'll have if we just take him with us as he is."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Secure Medical Wing

Searchlight blinked

"you can't leave me here but you can't unplug me if you do I'm gonna die, what are we going to do."

Searchlight's voice raised in intonation sounding increasingly panicky.

Lights flashed on as the console detected the presence of an operator.

A voice echoed out from a tinny speaker on the console.

"Body Prepped for reattachment do you wish to continue?"

A hatch opened and a body slid down runners and was grabbed by arms and rotated to sit under Searchlight's head. The body had a nautical theme to it.

The tinny voice continued

"Please check that the rehabiltated convict is being attached to the correct head. If the choice is incorrect please choose the correct one from the list on the screen in front of you."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Secure Medical Unit

Now Afterburner really began to panic.

"Ironfist, what shall we do?" he practically begged, finger moving over to the 'y'.

Above, the ceiling shifted a fraction and metallic dust trickled out of thin cracks opening in the panelling.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Secure Medical Unit

Searchlight was increasingly panicky. The Machinery was out of his line of sight.

"Convict, where am I what's going on. I don't want to die.. but I don't want to live like this it'll be like being back inside that race car, trapped in a small prison helpless but at least I could move then... help meeee."
Ungla Cracker

Post by Ungla Cracker »

Secure Medbay

Thrust avoided glancing upwards. He was starting to get jittery, his first instinct was to flee (as usual). If he did though, he would probably get shot in the back. Thrust looked down at Searchlight, then back up at Afterburner.

“You better make a decision quick Autobot” he hastily added “it’s betta to be a head than dead”.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Secure Medical Wing

Dirge's expression was a frown, his own mind both rapidly annalyzing the situation, but also blank, devoid of an answer, as he listened to Afterburner, Ironfist, and Thrust discuss the situation. The entire situation didn't add up to him in any way, and the unstable surrounded was an ever-constant reminder that they didn't have the luxary of standing around and sorting things out at the moment.

"Finish the process, but put him in restraints," Dirge suggested to the others. "Better safe than sorry. We can get him out of here, then figure out if he needs to stay cuffed our not. The longer we stand around, more likely we're going to be in the same situation as him soon."
Chip1123
Protoform

Secure Medical Wing

Post by Chip1123 »

"Dirge is right." Ironfist said to Afterburner. "Restrain the body. Then hook him up. We need to leave. Sooner rather than later. As he said the last part, he hoped he wouldn't regret his decision. And if he tries something, I won't hesitate to put him down.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Secure Medical Unit

Afterburner was grateful that the others had helped make the decision here; perhaps not by normal Autobot consensus methodology, but it worked for him.

"Anyone got Energon cuffs or stasis bindings on them?" he asked, not completely serious.

The ceiling close to the door shifted a fraction more.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Secure Medical Wing

After a moment to look around, Dirge would find a container partially smashed under some rubble, but was in no danger of causing further instability by removing it. He had to wrench the lid off, and much of the stuff inside was damaged, but there was one working pair of energon cuffs remaining for their purposes.

"Here Afterburner," He called out, tossing the device towards the other bot. He briefly searched the box for any other items of use, but discarded it when nothing presented itself. He looked again towads the cieling when he heard it shift again, his frown returning.
Ungla Cracker

Post by Ungla Cracker »

Secure Medbay

As the ceiling quivered Thrust began to get more and more nervous. He could hear the support beams creaking just above him and with each shudder the building seemed to shed more and more material onto the seekers upper torso and head. As Dirge rummaged through the container and Afterburner floundered at the control panel Thrust felt it hard disguise his distain. He needed to do or say something before panic took him flying out of the door.

“Why waste your time with those rusted old shackles? When you have a perfectly good pair here” Thrust raised his arms slightly with his palms facing upwards and his voice rank with sarcasm. A playful smile crept across the seekers face. It was obvious to all this was not a serious suggestion and was mearly intended to lighten the mood.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Secure Medical Unit

Afterburner grabbed the cuffs out of the air and, as he stepped across to attach them to the delivered body shell, smiled at Thrust. "I'd have suggested pretty much the same," he agreed. "But we've no idea what's going to happen here."

He quickly pulled the slack arms togather and affixed the cuffs.

"You good to go?" he then addressed Searchlight.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Secure Medical Wing

"I'd know a few Cons that'd be insulted by that," Dirge answered to Thrust's humored suggestion. "The notion that old equipment could keep them in line would be a slight at their power. Be happy we still think you worthy of the better equipment." Whether Dirge was making a joke himself or not was hard to tell, urgency creeping into his own tone as he surveyed the area.

"Be ready to make a break for the door. This room isn't lasting much longer," He called in caution to Afterburner and Ironfist. He then motioned towards Thrust as he went over to collect his charge. "Let's make our way there ourselves, just in case we have to dig them out afterwards."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Secure Medical Wing

Searchlight's voice trembled

"Y-y-yess"
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Secure Medical Unit

Afterburner turned to the console and depressed the 'y' key, committing the procedure...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Chip1123
Protoform

Secure Medical Unit

Post by Chip1123 »

"How long will that take?" Ironfist asked Afterburner, looking around the area, intent on finding something he could use to prop the ceiling from collapsing, if only for a few moments. "Can't stay here much longer."

He found a beam that had fallen previously and wedged it betweent he floor and the ceiling, and then popped a welder out of his arm, securing the bottom to the floor, hoping to buy some precious time. "That will only hold so long. Beam is weak already."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Secure Medical Unit

"Sorry - no idea," Afterburner confessed to Ironfist. He gestured to the body, which was being rotated to place the neck towards the column and Searchlight's head. "Fairly smartish, though, I'd guess."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ungla Cracker

Post by Ungla Cracker »

Secure Medical Unit

Thrust edged towards the door. He didn’t like the look of the ceiling.

“I’m not going to be doing much digging with these am I?” again Thrust raised his shackles so they were in full view.

“Just stop dripping around Autobots!”
Chip1123
Protoform

Secure Medical Unit

Post by Chip1123 »

"Almost done." Ironfist lied to Thrust and the others, hopeful that he was right. "As for digging... you might not want to be seen around here without us. Look like an escaped Con. Might get shot..."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Secure Medical Unit

"It's started... whatever it is..." Afterburner retreated a couple of steps as several long mechanical arms shot out of the column upon which Searchlight's head rested and disconnected it from all but one slim power line.

A trickle of dust pattered off his left shoulder and he automatically bushed it away, glancing at the ceiling. Perfect timing: the area right above him slipped and showered him with fragments of platis tiling!

"I'll stay here and see this through. I suggest everyone else leaves the room," he said. He added, mindful of what Ironfist had told Thrust. "Together."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Secure Medical Unit

Searchlights optics flickered and he grimaced as if in pain.