[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: The Law's Delay (Protihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Templar Heights

With no other option to save Wheelie, Mirage leapt and took the cold fire on the centre of his chestplate. A blue light flared and he became visible in it.

------------------------------------------------------------
Medbay, Steelhaven

"Exciting?" Shockwave briefly savoured the word Hoist had employed and discarded the need to speculate; when Sucker Punch awoke would be the time for such matters. He moved to more practical things. "The internal works were less extensive than I had initially anticipated..." I made him to last... "I fear, however, that his armour will require rebuild, most especially the left side. You and Ratchet have experience of this, and I can safely leave him in your hands."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Warehouse

"See, we'll make a Trekkie out of you yet," Swindle told Wingspan, giving the clone a hearty slap on the back.

Outside the Warehouse

Bluestreak rolled out the the building, trying to drive casually as he headed toward the meet with Crosshairs.

Templar Heights

Spinister decloaked behind Zoom, holding the chain of his Sharkticon-tail weapon in both hands. Faster than the optic could follow, he threw the chain over the top of Zoom's head and pulled back, hoping to tighten it around his neck like a noose.

Black Shadow scowled as Zoom's transmission came through -- although he wasn't sure whether he was more annoyed by the attack itself, or that a minion had broken protocol to tell him about it personally.

"Firewagon," he said through the comm, "we have a security breach in the lower levels. Take Streamline and Jitterbug, and find out what's going on."

"Gotcha, boss," Firewagon grunted in reply.

"I'm not a huge fan either," Arrowhead admitted, "but it beats letting them keep you here forever, no?"

He walked around the warehouse, rapping on the side of anything that looked big enough and listening for a 'hollow' sound.

He heard Zoom's transmission and scowled.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

Zoom gagged as Spinister appeared out of seemingly nowhere and strangled him. Choking, he tried to claw at the Sharkticon tail on his neck, albeit ineffectively. "Hurrrkkk-" Zoom's optics bulged as the weapon began to tear apart the hydraulics and energon pipes on his neck, until the Reflectorcon stopped struggling and went limp.

Frostbite watched Zoom's death, as Mirage and Spinister decloaked. Idly the mad scientist considered referencing an Earth show called The Godfather. After all, considering Zoom's way of death, it seemed appropriate. Instead, he hovered towards Mirage, claws glowing blue as he prepared to unleash another ice beam...
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Templar Heights

Mirage rolled, came up onto one knee in firing position, and stopped, clawing with his free hand at the ice coating his torso, which was tightening quickly and dangerously. He was getting red markers on his diagnostics hub.

Spotting movement, he looked up to see Frostfire approaching in preparation for another, possibly stasis-lock inducing, attack. His response was autonomic; he opened fire at near point-blank range, shooting first at one glow and then at the other. He could not miss...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

Mirage's shots slammed onto Frostbite's glowing claws with deadly accuracy. The laser blast reacted with the freeze beam, causing a nasty side-effect to Frostbite, causing his two arms to freeze.

As the mercenary flailed, the ice chunks that used to be his hands messing up with his repulsors, he crash-landed awkwardly in a mass of limbs and metal. Grunting, he tried to get back up, to little success.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Steelhaven, Medbay

...Internal systems online...
...Cerebro-cortex online...
...Internal Diagnostic complete...
...All systems nominal...

Optical receptors online...!Warning enemy Alert!

Suddenly a clenched grey fist flies up from the repair table connecting with Hoist's chin plate, sending the Autobot reeling backwards.

Sucker Punch lunges from the repair table into a roll along the floor coming to a crouched position with his pistol in hand aiming at the Autobots.

Then he notices the others in the room...

"Commander Shockwave!?! Sucker Punch exclaimes, his tone giving away his utter surprise and confusion.

"What the Fragg is going on where am I? Who are they?!"
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Templar Heights

Unable to take advantage of Frostfire's fall, Mirage cried out in agony, trying to break the ice constricting his body panels. At the same time, not helping any, he felt as if something inside was repairing the damage even as it occured and preventing him over-riding the receptor signals.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Medbay, Steelhaven

"Stand down!" Shockwave ordered. "At this time, these Autobots are not our enemies. You are in Protihex, aboard the vessel Steelhaven, having been recovered from a collapsed information centre building. You have received basic interal repairs and now require external works."

He moved carefully, not at all sure whether Sucker Punch would obey him, and offered a hand to Hoist.

"It is in your best interests to believe this," he added somewhat coldly.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Warehouse

Wingspan looked non plussed at Swindle's back slapping.

He pointed at Road Hugger

"Try and find something for him to if he was any more eager he'd blow a diode."
Ungla Cracker

Post by Ungla Cracker »

Medbay

The upper cut had caught Hoist completely by surprise. Crumpled against the medbay wall and with his vision still blurry from the blow he could make out the figure of the recently reanimated Sucker Punch. As his vision cleared he could see that the Decepticon was brandishing a pistol and that Shockwave was in close proximity. Hoist rubbed his chin painfully,

“Ow! Thats the thanks I get for bringing you back online? You better listen to your commander here or I might feel like retracting my generously offered services”.

Hoist flailed his arms around until they connected with Shockwaves hand and dragged himself off of the cold steel floor.

“I can see why you called him Sucker Punch”, he whispered to Shockwave.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warehouse

Road Hugger's optics widened and he said in an over-dramatic and comical way, "Hey, I love these sci-fi earth movies!" the ex-Micromaster grinned from ear to ear.

"But if you want me to star in our production, I don't really mind. I can act!"

Templar Heights

Frostbite struggled to try and attack Mirage, but was unable to stand up. "What did you do? You blew up my ice launchers!" the scientist roared. "Now I'll have to kill you!"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Warehouse

Wingspan sighed

"If he g-g-gets overly annoying c-cast him as s-security."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warehouse

"Guard duty?" Road Hugger murmured, slightly disappointed at the possibility of being denied a chance for showbiz, "I don't mind that, if you need me to do that... bashing some heads do seem fun... but then, I ain't that annoying, honest."

The ex-Micromaster thought at what his ex-teammates would think of him if he starred in a movie. Especially Detour. He would deny it, of course, but the yellow Micromaster always fancied himself as a James Bond-type character.

Damn, but I'm starting to miss those idiots... Road Hugger thought wistfully. It's all Hyperdrive's fault...
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Templar Heights

"Slag you..." Mirage snarled at Frostbite.

The two of them were so close together, but neither appeared capable of getting back into the fight.

Then Mirage felt a hand on his left shoulder and Wheelie, steadying himself, took a step towards Frostfire. "So, you clown/while you're down," the little 'bot hissed. "Take your bow/it's over now."

He held the poniard at what was best described as a 'business angle' and thrust for his enemy's gorget area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Medbay, Steelhaven

Helping Hoist up, Shockwave explained, "Ambuscade tactician."

To Sucker Punch, who was standing there staring at them both, he then asked: "Will you put up your weapon voluntarily or have it removed?"

He had noted Gnaw crouching across from the blue car-bot, following what was probably a standard Sharkticon response programme.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Steelhaven, Briefing Room

Fortress Maximus looked away from Weirdwolf as Hyperdrive entered the briefing chamber and announced himself. He quietly looked down at the Decepticon for a moment, taking note of the micromaster’s size.

“Hmm. Hyperdrive, is it?” Fortress Maximus answered. “Please, take a seat.” He gestured to one of chairs placed around the conference table. “We just may have use for you.”

Ahem...yes, good,” he turned his head back towards Weirdwolf. “Then I’ll need you to pass on this information to them.”

“Couldn’t you’ve done that yourself?” Inferno asked.

“On a silent and encrypted Decepticon channel? No. Though, I do intend to contact Crosshairs,” he told him. “One more thing, Weirdwolf,” he continued. “Have them transmit their current positions. We need to know their current targets in order to plan our own strategy around that. Taking out that field generator is our first priority.”

-----

Medbay

Enable user interface,” Ratchet muttered to himself. “Prepare to dive.”

He waited for moment until he was granted access. Slipping into Perceptor’s computerized cyberbrain, a crudely rendered avatar materialized within a digitized plain (OCC: see my previous post).

Engage remote network.”

A digitized control panel appeared in front of him, along with a detailed schematic of Perceptor’s complex neural network above it, which Ratchet carefully looked over.

Hmm, just as I thought; closed neural syndrome. Some kind of firewall filter, or psychological barrier induced by Perceptor’s subconscious to protect the information stored within. Hmph, doesn’t surprise me that Perceptor’s ego would go to such length to set up this kind of proxy.

Well...this at least tells me that there is still cerebral trauma I somehow managed to overlook,” Ratchet ran his finger across the screen in front of him, tapping it at specific image depicting a region of Perceptor’s cyberbrain. “Hrrrrm, you can keep your secrets for all I care, just tell me what the problem is….Hmm, hold on a klik, these junctions along the neo-cortex look…

Ratchet musings were interrupted by the ruckus occurring in the medbay, forcing him disengage. When he came to, he swung his head to the opposite end of medbay, spotting the reactivated Sucker Punch.

While it appeared that Shockwave and Hoist had the situation under control, this interruption irritated Ratchet nonetheless.

Grrrr. Computer,” Ratchet called out. “Ready EMP pulsewave in the medbay on selected target.”

“Acknowledged,” a calm, yet robotic voice responded. “Awaiting action.”

“Hey! This is a place of healing! Calm down,” Ratchet sternly told Sucker Punch. “Shockwave – please keep your bot in check. He’s disrupting my patients and I’d rather not enable the Steelhaven’s security measures.”
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Warehouse

Swindle chuckled. "Well, Road Hugger would look good with a red coat of paint," he admitted to Wingspan.

Templar Heights

Spinister dropped Zoom's carcass to the ground, then recloaked.

If the Autobots can't deal with the canine on their own, they deserve their fate, he thought to himself as he slipped away, deeper into the guts of the Mafia compound.

But one of us needs to get on with the mission.
Ungla Cracker

Post by Ungla Cracker »

Medbay

Hoist looked Sucker Punch in the optics and offered some more advice,

“I do say old bean it’s best you listen to the chap in command of the EMP”, Hoists unconvincing English accent was in full swing.

“He does get quite cantankerous”
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Steelhaven0

Weirdwolf nodded slowly

"Information transmitting now yes."

So saying he fowarded the info to Pounce and Spinster.

Warehouse

Wingspan smiled

"m-my thoughts exactly."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warehouse

Road Hugger raised an eyebrow. "Red paint?" after a quick imagination of how he would look in red, the ex-Micromaster shrugged, "Anything you could use for me I suppose... I'm kinda getting bored right now, and even acting seems interesting."

"But what kind of role are you guys thinking of giving me?"

Steelhaven, Briefing Room

Hyperdrive nodded and grunted, before taking a seat on the chair which Fortress Maximus had indicated.

The psychopatic ex-Micromaster listened as Fort Max, Inferno and Weirdwolf discussed something or other. Hyperdrive didn't understand much, but he knew that they were talking about blowing something up. Which is much better. A slight grin crept across his face. He's starting to like how these Autobots think...

Templar Heights

Frostbite did not register Spinister as the Decepticon cloaked, but his attention was focused on reaching Mirage, and as he dragged himself across the ground with his icy claws, it left him open if Freeway or Wheelie decided to attack...

Which the latter did. So focused was Frostbite on Mirage that he did not notice Wheelie until he was impaled, the poniard ripping through him and poking out at the other hand. He stared, dumbfounded, at the wound, leaking energon.

His frigid aura proved to be his downfall, as his energon froze instantly the moment it leaked out and came into contact with the super-cold air around him. The cold seeped into the wound, causing hydraulics, circuits and energon to burst due to the sheer cold. Frostbite saw the irony in this and let out a long, tormented laugh even as his entire body began to freeze solid. As his head began to gloss over with ice, his red optics blinked once, twice, then faded out.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Templar Heights

Wheelie let go of his poniard as it froze, leapt away, watched Frostfire offline. He hated sacrificing such a good weapon, but he had its pair...

"Ice..!" Mirage gasped.

The orange 'bot grabbed Mirage's rifle and, reversing it, smashed the butt against the ice - once, twice. Mirage was knocked over, but the ice cracked and began to drop from his body. Wheelie followed through with his hands, pulling smaller chunks away as Mirage began to do so for himself.

When the ice was practically gone, the Elite spy hunkered down, trying to read his diagnostics.

Wheelie turned his attention elsewhere. "You okay/can play?" he asked Freeway. Then looked around, features hard. "Sinister Spinister not in sight/seek him, we must, with all our might!"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Sucker Punch looked around and realized their were more bots in here than he had originally detected. Primarily Autobots.

Not wanting a fight in the first place, Sucker Punch slowly stood and holstered his weapon. Thinking to himself that it wouldn't have done him much good anyways, it wasn't loaded...

Looking back at Shockwave he asks " Whats going on? What happened to me? Why are their Autobots here?

After a breif pause " The last thing I remember was Uraya, and the building collapse..."

At this point a damaged armor panel falls from Sucker Punch's shoulder assembly and clangs loudly on the floor...
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.