[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: The Law's Delay (Protihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

As the group of Combaticons split up, one of the still-functional security cameras rotated on its' mount to watch them.

Smolder, for his part, was too busy fuming to notice as he walked away.

In one of the buildings in the complex, a figure sat in the shadows, watching the video feed on an old, beat-up monitor and muttering, "No, this won't do at all..."

Combaticon Warehouse

"I didn't realize anything needed rebuilding," Onslaught told Cerebros. "I guess I've been out of the loop for a while now."

He shrugged. "My people like to think that the Combaticons can fix all of Protihex's problems on our own, but we can't. I don't think Groove can either. Or you, for that matter. We've been working at cross-purposes sometimes, I think. We can't keep doing that anymore."

Onslaught got up, and as he did so his optics narrowed a bit, pensively. He was trying to decide whether or not he could trust Cerebros enough to reveal this last bit of information.

If not him, who?

The Combaticon leader let out a bit of a sigh. "There is one other thing. I'm very hesitant to mention it, but I think you're the only one who can help me."

He started out the door, saying, "Follow me, please."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

Road Hugger thought he saw something move at the corner of his vision, but when he turned around all he saw was a security camera. The ex-Micromaster narrowed his optics, and raised his arm and aimed his wrist-mounted blasters at the camera, then lowered it again. After all, no sense shooting the camera when they'll need it and whomever is on the other end would've already known that they are here.

"Seems like someone's watching us, Smolder." Road Hugger told the other Combaticon. "Be on guard."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Combaticon Warehouse

When Onslaught stood up and headed for the office door, Cerebros took heed and followed.

"No, we can't," he answered the Combaticon's earlier statement. "In the end we'll end up contradicting one another. Are you proposing a coalition of some sort?"

-----

With Aero Blade resting in his arms, Hoist made his way back down the corridor to the exit.

When they came upon another door, Hoist had a trouble working the control panel since his hands were full. "Nngh, come on," he quietly grunted as he tried to press the switch with his elbow.

When the door eventually slid open, Hoist exited the warehouse and started for his shuttle, still parked in a nearby lot with Cerebros' transtector.

"Boarding ramp, please," he said into his com speaker.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Combaticon Warehouse

With Hoist having beaten him to openning the next door, and the minicon unable to help him without possibly getting squashed, Stratus isntead took to wawtching the area. He was still suspicious of the Combaticons, especially the one they'd been with earlier, and kept himself ready to fend off any would-be attackers that might jump them while they left.

Aero Blade largely remained inactive, still badly damaged and critically low on power from his recient combat.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

Smolder hadn't noticed the camera, so obsessed was he with carving pieces off of Road Hugger. Chopster was more observant though.

"They might not be hostile," he suggested to the larger Combaticons. "In fact, they might not even be a 'they' at all. It could just as easily be an automated motion-tracking system."

Smolder finally caught on to what the other two were talking about and scoffed. "Right, that's likely," he said before reaching up and pulling the camera off of its' mount.

Combaticon Warehouse

"I think it's only natural," Onslaught admitted to Cerebros. "We all want the same thing, but our different methods are bound to put us at loggerheads eventually. If we work together we can make more progress than if we work separately."

He stopped outside a locked door. After pausing to think for a few seconds he added, "And that's why I've decided to ask your opinion on what to do about this."

Onslaught entered a passcode into the door's keypad, then led Cerebros inside the small room filled with nuclear warheads that Bluestreak had tried so hard to conceal from him.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

Road Hugger shook his head when Smolder tore the camera off, but said nothing—in retrospect it would've been a better security measure, after all.

"Look at the bright side, though. If it's not an automated response we'll get to beat the wind out of a bunch of people."
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Templar Heights

Brawl walked with Crack Shot up the building the Road Hugger had suggested they search. He hadn’t noticed the cameras. And if Crack Shot had noticed he didn’t say anything.

As they reached the main entrance of the building Brawl moved to one of the doors. He tried opening it but it was locked. Seeing no other option Brawl did what he did best and kicked the door near the door handle forcing his way in.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

"That'd be nice," Smolder said.

Before he could follow up with something ill-thought-out like "hopefully you'll be one of them," Chopster cut in. "Any idea where the security building is, Road Hugger? That's probably where they'll be, if there's a them to find."

Not far away, a small blue bird perched on a building and used its' telescopic optic sensors to track both Road Hugger's team and Brawl's at once. It cawed once, then took off and disappeared into the mist that hung over the city, returning to its' master.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

"No idea, Chopster." Road Hugger told the Minicon. "Can't say that I've been here before." Road Hugger's wrist blasters hummed with energy, and the ex-Micromaster began to stride forwards, fully expecting someone to ambush them right around the corner...
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Combaticon Warehouse

"Well, it's certainly what the good Governor Groove would want us to do," Cerebros answered Onslaught. "It's not a bad idea, though, and I'm more than willing to cooperate. In truth, it's something I've been hopeful for..."

The Combaticon leader then led Cerebros into small storage room, revealing his stock of warheads.

The Headmaster tried to feign surprise, but he had known that Onslaught was in possession of nuclear weapons - even before the Combaticon leader himself was aware that he was.

Regardless if he was already aware of it, the sight still perplexed Cerebros - though, not as one might assume.

"I appreciate you showing this to me," he said. "Eh heh, I won't lie to you, Onslaught, I've known you've had these weapons for quite some time. Until recently, I wasn't sure how to address that knowledge. But now," he sighed. "Well, I'm still not so sure. What with Protihexian accords...such as they are," he ruefully shook his head.

"Still," he looked up to the warheads. "While I'm several solar cycles behind in my reports and news feeds, if my intel from Iacon is accurate - assuming developments haven't changed, that is - there may be a need to arm the city-state."

Cerebros turned to Onslaught. "If I may ask, what were originally intending to do with these?"

-----

Outside

Hoist carried Aero Blade into his shuttle and placed him down onto a waiting stretcher.

Once he secured the engineer, he made his way to the cockpit. Hoist took his place at the control panel and flicked on the ignition switch.

"Let's go home. You strapped in?" he looked over his shoulder at Stratus.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Shuttle, Outside Combaticon Warehouse

"I'm good, let's get going," Stratus called back to Hoist. The minicon wasn't strapped in as asked of him, instead making is way around Aero Blade as though doing his own inspection to insure his partner was adequately secured. Once satisfied, he settled himself against the inert transformer, though he was still fidgety.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

"Guess we'll just have to look for it," Chopster said.

Smolder, like Road Hugger was by this point expecting an ambush any second now. It hadn't come, though, and he was holding Chopster's handle tighter and tighter with every passing moment.

Inside the building that Brawl had broken into, he would see a single, solitary Transformer. The tiny green and grey figure cowered away from the light that poured in through the open doorway.

"Is it...is it over?" he asked. "Did you get him?"

Combaticon Warehouse

"I think your friend Crosshairs expected me to unload them on Templar Heights," Onslaught told Cerebros, "but frankly I have no use for them. Crude, overly destructive things that cause far too much collateral damage for my likes."

He frowned. "But like you say, the situation in the outside world is getting worse by the minute. I do have a few ideas about what we could do with them, but I don't have the resources to do anything with them in-house. And, frankly, I don't think I trust my own people around them. Can you imagine what would happen if I let Swindle in this room?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

"Nnn." Road Hugger replied to Chopster, walking towards the next corridor, his scrapmaker cannon swiveling from left to right in anticipation of an ambush. "Security building, security building... would it kill these mafia goons to install a map or something?"
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Enroute

Hoist gripped onto the steering apparatus and brought the the ship up until it hovered several hundred feet above the lot.

The shuttle then repositioned itself and shot off back toward the Steelhaven

---

Combaticon Warehouse

"Oh, did he now?" Cerebros cocked his brow. "Well," he placed his hands to his side. "That explains why I haven't heard from him for quite some time."

The Headmaster returned his gaze onto the warheads and pensively tapped his chin.

"I suppose I could arrange for these to be moved as well," he told Onslaught. "But tell me more about this idea of yours. What resources do you need? Perhaps I may be of assistance."
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Templar Heights

Brawl and Crack Shot both stormed into the building both with their weapons raised. At first they hadn’t even noticed the small green and grey transformer cowering in front of them. It wasn’t until after they heard him speaking that Brawl realized they weren’t alone.

“Well what do we have here?” Crack Shot said as he began to approach the smaller transformer.

But before Crack Shot could get any closer Brawl grabbed his arm “Stop, he could be working with the mafia.”

“Who are you and what are you doing here?” Brawl asked the green and grey transformer ignoring his original questions.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

Smolder chuckled. "Actually, it kinda would. If me an' my axe have a say in things, anyway."

He looked around, trying to spot something just for the sake of showing up Road Hugger. Because of that, he felt a rush of glee when he saw an open door leading into one of the nearby buildings.

"Look over there!" he shouted.

He was so excited that he didn't even notice the white shape that passed through the sky high above them.

"I...my name..." The mech was obviously shaken, but he managed to collect himself enough to tell Brawl, "I'm Rounder. I...uh, I live here."

Combaticon Warehouse

"Yes," Onslaught said. "Apparently he had orders to deal with the Mafia with extreme prejudice, but I got the impression he would have wanted them dead no matter what. No idea what for, though."

The Combaticon leader turned back toward the weapons. "You'll think I'm crazy, Cerebros, but I want to put them in orbit."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

Road Hugger followed Smolder's gaze... and frowned when he saw the white figure flying above them. "Who's that?" He asked, while opening fire with his Scrapmaker cannon.
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Templar Heights

Brawl lowered his gun when he realized that they had run into a civilian. Onslaught had warned them there would be civilians here, just his luck he’s the one who runs into them.

Before Brawl could say anything to Rounder he heard the sounds of gun shots coming from outside.

“Calm this guy down and see if you can get any information out of him.” Brawl said to Crack Shot as he headed back out side to seen if he could contact Road Hugger.

Crack Shot nodded to Brawl as he left. He then walking towards Rounder.
“It’s ok, there’s no need to be frightened, we are Combaticons we’re here to help.” He said to Rounder doing his best to calm the smaller transformer down.

“So who are you hiding from?” Crack Shot asked Rounder.

Outside Brawl could still hear the gunshots. He hoped if it was them shooting that they hadn’t encountered much resistance. He didn’t want to risk getting into a fight while they were split up like this. Although at this point a fight would be better than having to deal with civilians.

He opened a Com channel to Road Hugger. “Road Hugger is that you guys shooting? What’s your status?” Brawl asked.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

The white shape broke apart and fell to the ground in a fine white powder.

"Snow," Chopster said, confused. "I didn't think we got snow around here."

"We don't get snow on this planet," Smolder said dismissively. The smallish Targetmaster pushed his way through the door he'd seen, at this point not really caring that Road Hugger was supposed to be in charge, or if the other Combaticon followed.

The first think he noticed when he went inside the room was that it was, in fact, a security room. The second thing was that it was damned cold. Frost had formed on the windows and viewscreens, and icicles hung from the armrests of the room's single, recently-abandoned chair.

"What the hell...?"

"It...he..." Rounder shivered. "The dragon," he told Crack Shot, several layers of horror laid bare for all to see with just those two words.

"The dragon. He's...he's gone mad. Him and that pet bird of his."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Combaticon Warehouse

Doublecross flapped down from his perch on a roof beam where he'd been having an intense conversation with himself.

"I we think you should know that nuclear material has been removed from one of the devices. The cavity has been packed with an extremely addictive new form of narcotic. I We think it was some kind of double bluff perhaps to transport the material through customs . Whoever instigated thi sdeception had little thought for the consumers as the remaining nuclear material has made the drugs deeply radioactive."

Templar Heights

Beastbox knuckled into the room

"me follow you me think you up to something interesting, brrr why it so cold in here it freezing."