[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: The Law's Delay (Protihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

Frostbite circled the area, looking vicious, but otherwise he did not show any indication that he had noticed Spinister, Mirage and Wheelie nearby.

Zoom's optics moved slowly across the general area, but he made no indication that he had seen anyone threatening.

Warehouse

Road Hugger piped up, "Maybe we could make both, you know. A running episodical series, with a larger-budget two-hour movie coming soon. With merchandising like action figures and tie-in stories it could net us lots of shannix."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

(ooc: 1st attemt @ combat rp!)

Templar Heights

Freeway was still behind Wheelie and pulled something out of subspace. "Hey Wheelie," Freeway whispered to him, "let me show you how a pro likes me takes out an enemy." Freeway opens up his hand and shows Wheelie the Rust inducing oxidizing agents. "I used them on Blurr not too long ago. They'll do the trick!"

Freeway quickly gets up, exposing himself and most likely gets himself spotted by the enemies. "Hey Dorkbite!" Freeway yells at Frostbite. "Today's special: Rust bot!" With that, Freeway tosses 2 agents. One towards Frostbite's face and one towards his wings. If Forstbite was quick enough, he could easily dodge them.
Blackjack

(OOC: Frostbite's in dragon mode, so he doesn't have hands. But let's say Freeway aimed for the wings? ;) )

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

Frostbite was about to doze off, and he was taken by surprise by Freeway's attack. The first strike impacted on the draconic transformer's batlike wings, instantly covering it with rust. Before the second one slammed onto his face, though, Frostbite's mouth burned with a blue, icy aura and Frostbite unleashed the frigid beam, freezing the canister, shattering it before it could destroy Frostbite's face. The dragon roared and began to move towards freeway, the air freezing around his mouth.

Zoom snapped around at the noise and immediately opened fire on Freeway. That, however, made him an easy target for the other intruders.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Templar Heights

Wheelie rolled aside to avoid Frostfire when he charged Freeway. He had been that close to a silent strike...

Still, when the dragon shot past, he made the best of it and leapt up onto his back between the rapidly rusting wings.

~~~

The sound of sudden combat rang across the open area surrounding the Heights. Mirage spun, abandoned cutting through the grid, and brought his gun to bear on Zoom.

I remember you...

Optics narrowed, Mirage aimed for the base of the clusterbot's helmet and gently squeezed the trigger.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Templar Heights

With Frostbite charging at Freeway, he quickly transformed to car mode and started to drive circles around Frostbite in the hopes of not only confusing him, but also to annoy him. "Bet you can't hit a moving target Flameface!" Freeway said as he drove around Frostbite, not realising that a simple tail whip could send Freeway flying.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

Frostbite roared as Freeway circled him, and growled. Opening his jaw, Frostbite rotated his neck and began freezing the ground in a five meter radius, to cause the Autobot to skid.

But before he could do more, though, Wheelie landed on his back, and the dragon roared again, before swinging his (rusting) wings, trying to shake off the Minibot...

Zoom, for his part, commed Black Shadow, "Boss, this is Zoom. We are under attaAAAAARRGH!" the Reflectorcon roared as Mirage's blast tore into the base of his neck, sending him spinning and falling onto his back.

Not being able to see Mirage, Zoom blindly opened fire onto Freeway and Wheelie with his left hand, while the right hand tried to stop the fluids leaking out of his throat.
Airazor

Post by Airazor »

Templar Heights

Gunfire!

Jackpot: "Hey, Pounce, Pointblank, Blurr... you guys hear that?"

Haywire: "What? Gunfire?"

Blurr: "They're under attack!" -runs towards Spinister's group, stopped by Jackpot who grabbed his left hand- "What's the big idea?"

Jackpot: "We have our own job, remember..."

Blurr: -grunts-
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Templar Heights

Failing to get a grip on the floor, Freeway transformed back to robot mode, but due to his own velocity; slipped, slided and crashed head first into a low structure hidden in a dip of landscape. "Ow! Me Freeway need new strategy," he said.

Trying to get back up on his feet, Freeway was unable to see Zoom's incoming fire and is hit in his behind! Right after the hit, Freeway jumps up. "Jooowwwww!!!" Freeway quickly ducks for cover. "Man! In the tailpipe?! I'll never hear the end of that one."

While behind the low structure, Freeway notices that he's hiding behind what serems to be a drainage outlet. Hmm... this might come in handy later. Got to take care of business first, he thinks.

Freeway looks up and notices Zoom firing randomly at him and Wheelie. "Can't leave Wheelie alone now. I'll teach that son of a glitch not to shoot me!" Freeway gets up and takes aim at Zoom. "Eat photon, scrap for brains!" Freeway fires 2 shots at Zoom.

Pointblank has his arms crossed over each other and looks at the battle that is taking place in the distance. "I thought that we were supposed to draw the enemy's fire so that the others could sneak in without being seen."

Pointblank looks at Pounce. "It seems that we failed our objective"
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Templar Heights

"The more I hear of this, the less thrilling it sounds," Aero Blade answered in a deadpan tone, but obediently followed Arrowhead. There was little else he could do right now.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Templar Heights

"Set up the artillery we start the bombardment now. Someone programme images of Twintwist and Nosecone into the holo projectors. We want them to think we're coming from underneath."

Pounce moved towards the mortars andbegan to set one up.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

"Black Shadow! Arrowhead! We're under att-" Zoom's words were cut off as Freeway's fire slammed into his chest and the hand holding his neck. Grunting, the Reflectorcon lost his grip on his gun and collapsed onto the ground.

With Freeway preoccupied with attacking Zoom, Frostbite reared his head and looked backwards, seeing Wheelie on his back. He almost shot off a freeze beam at the Minibot, before realizing that would freeze his back as well.Narrowing his optics, the dragon opened his maw and roared, trying to scare the survivalist away.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Templar Heights

Clinging onto Frostfire's back ridge with one hand, Wheelie attempted to bring his poniard down into the edge of a rusting wing and, thus, into any open circuitry beneath, but he was being tossed around too much (that saved him from Zoom's fire). He looked like a cow-poke who has discovered his round is much harder than expected. And his fingers were slipping.

Then Frostfire practically halted and turned his head, jaws gaping...

~~~

Moving fast and invisibly, Mirage charged towards the melee, aiming now at Frostfire. At just that instant, the dragon's sharp jaws opened wide; it was a target no hunter could refuse...

Still moving, he put two shots at close range right into the unprotected maw...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

Frostbite was about to chomp down on Wheelie when Mirage's shots slammed into his mouth, the reaction between the shots and the freezing chemicals inside his draconic mouth particularly painful, causing a small explosion. Smokes poured out of the dragon's mouth, eyes and horns.

Roaring, Frostbite trashed around, before engaging his transformation circuits...
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Templar Heights

Wheelie was thrown clear as Frostfire convulsed with smoke pouring from openings in his cranium. He landed hard on his back, hit his head.

Without decloaking, Mirage swooped in, putting himself between fallen minibot and transforming dragon, gun at the ready for a suitable opening. Risking giving his presence away, he shouted: "Freeway, finish it! Now!"

Where is Spinister? he wondered.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Medbay, Steelhaven

More haste, as the Earth inhabitants said, less speed...

Shockwave dispassionately observed his unwonted desire to rush the repair work on Sucker Punch, acutely aware that every astrosecond the patient was getting closer to onlining.

"Hoist, tamp feedback to core systems," he ordered.

Across the room, Gnaw crouched beside the offcuts of tungsten and considered his situation (in-so-much as he was able).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Templar Heights

"Got it!" Freeway takes a magnetic homing grenade from subspace and presses the button on it, setting the charge. "This baby will stick to you like a bad habit, you overgrown lizard!" He tosses the magnetic grenade towards Frostbite and puts his hands against his audioreceivers. "Take cover!"

(ooc: the force of the blast will totally be up to you Blackjack. These grenades are the same as the ones Rattrap used in Beast Wars:))
Aspiring DJ!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Templar Heights

Frostbite growled in triumph as Wheelie was thrown off his back. As the dragon lumbered uncertainly to finish off the Minibot, Freeway's magnetic weapon stuck to his already-singed head, and exploded.

In a crimson flame which contrasted with the frigid blue air around Frostbite, the dragon's head and neck was torn apart.

The headless dragon teetered on his legs, before collapsing, smoke rising from his neck. He remained there for a while before transforming into robot mode, hovering above the ground on repulsors. (OOC: robot mode's like BM Jetstorm. But with dragon kibble.) Tearing off the burnt dragon neck from his back, the mercenary hissed. "I've been killed once. But here I am. Death holds no bounds over me."

His clawed hands glowed with blue balls of cold beams and he launched them towards Freeway and Wheelie.

(OOC: no one wants to kill Zoom?)

Zoom grunted as he scrambled for his gun. Seeing the two visible Autobots were fighting the larger mercenary, Zoom stood up with difficulty and vaguely opened fire on Freeway's back.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Steelhaven, Briefing Room

"Hrm, I thought as much," Fortress Maximus answered Weirdwolf as he looked down at his large hands.

"So, where's everyone at, Bigbot?" Inferno inquired. "Still out scoutin' around the Heights?"

"More or less," he replied. "Though I am uncertain of Crosshairs whereabouts and I dare not contact Spinister's unit and risk compromising their position, I've however been informed that Pounce's unit is already moving in."

"That mean there's a change in plans?" Inferno asked.

"It would seem that way, yes," Fortress Maximus nodded

"So, uhh, we just gonna sit around here an' wait?"

"Not necessarily, Inferno," Fortress Maximus told him. The large Headmaster looked back to Weirdwolf and continued. "Weirdwolf - if you can, are you able to contact Pounce's or Spinister's unit via a silent and encrypted channel? We may need to pass on this data to them."

(OOC: We also need to figure out something for these three to do ;))

-------

Medbay

After carefully moving Perceptor from his stasis pod onto a slab in the medbay, Ratchet produced a curious looking socket wrench from his work station and loosened the the bolts and fasteners along his patient's "helm". Slowly, he eased it off and placed it aside, revealing the complex network of Perceptor's neural processor underneath.

Reaching to the back of his head, Ratchet reeled out a cable with some type of peripheral device at its tip and connected it into a port in Perceptor's augmented brain to interface with the offline Autobot. Reaching back to his work station, Ratchet rustled around his tool kit and retrieved two wire-thin laser scalpels. Gripping them between his fingers, Ratchet hutched over his patient, adjusted his optics to zoom in at a microscopic level and, delicately, went to work.
Ungla Cracker

Post by Ungla Cracker »

Medbay

“No problem”, Hoist replied.

“Tamping feed back…………Feedback complete!”

Hoist began another scan of the mech,

“Looks like repairs are almost complete” Hoist glanced over at Knaw before giving Shockwave a quizzical look.

“I wonder how this guys going to react. He’s been offline for a long time, doubt he will even recognize the place. Exciting yeah?”
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Steelhaven briefing room

Weirdwolf padded towards Fortress Maximus

"Have I that capacity yes."
Blackjack

OOC: Pardon me guys, but this guy needs something to do as well.

Post by Blackjack »

Steelhaven, Briefing Room

Hyperdrive strolled into the Briefing Room, and knocked on the door. The Decepticon had no idea how he got there. He was supposed to be doing... something, but his short attention span meant it got forgotten real easily. Peeking through the door, he saw Fortress Maximus, Inferno and Weirdwolf. "Anything that I can do?" the ex-Micromaster asked out loud.