[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: The Law's Delay (Protihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Templar Heights

"What's wrong?" Aero Blade asked. He was not privy to the Space Mofia com channels, but he did catch the change in Arrowhead's expression. He looked towards where Arrowhead had been working, then around their surroundings again, in case the other mechanic had noticed something he hadn't to cause the face he'd made.
Ungla Cracker

Post by Ungla Cracker »

Medbay

Hoist watched as Sucker Punchs shoulder plate fell to the floor. Seeing as basic maintenance was his specialty perhaps this could be an opportunity to ease tensions a little and gain some rapport. He took a step towards the damaged mech, trying to seem as non threatening as possible,

“Now why don’t you let me have a look at that old chap? I could reattach that shoulder plate in a jiffy! And your old chum Shockwave here can fill you in on past events……”
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Templar Heights

Walking out from behind the small structure: "I'm okay," Freeway said to Wheelie. I don't think I'll be able to sit down for a while though." Freeway looks back at where he was a few kliks ago. "You know, I think I found a way in."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Medbay, Steelhaven

Shockwave analysed the phrase used by Hoist: 'And your old chum Shockwave here can fill you in on past events……' and did not find it satisfactory.

He was not Sucker Punch's 'chum' [reference Earth lexicography].

"You will submit to further repair," he ordered Sucker Punch. Turning to the watching Ratchet, he said, "The situation is now under control. The EMP device currently targeted on this area can be deactivated."

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Templar Heights

"Another way in?" Mirage stood, brushed himself off (which removed some more of his tarnished chestplate livery, exposing a slightly silver area around the not-so-old repair). He had given up quickly on the diagnostics; the readings made no sense... "Show me, Freeway, please."

"Did you see where Spinister went?" Wheelie asked the other two. "Wheelie worries about his intent."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

"So I assume it was under your orders that I was left to rust there?" Sucker Punch spoke harshly looking at Shockwave as he picked his shoulder plate up off the floor. "So why reactivate me now, How long have I been gone?"

Sucker Punch moves over to the repair table, taking a seat he hands Hoist the plate.

Internally he adjust his IFF system to stop targeting the Autobot medic.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Office

Razzle studied a graph and smiled everything was ready.

He consulted a chronometer and watched as it's figures clicked round.

He opened a com link

"Shockwave Sir the ballots open.............." He eyed the chronometer.

"Now."

Another Office

Protocol looked at Groove

"We're very confident that the electorate are behind you. We just have to wait for the balot results."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

"Another Office"

"Thank you for the support," Groove told Protocol. "Should we make a public statement?"

--------

Steelhaven, Medbay

“Hrm, alright,” Ratchet nodded at Shockwave. “…Computer: disengage,” he called out.”

“Acknowledged,” a monotone voice answered

Ratchet looked back at Shockwave and Hoist, then to Sucker Punch, giving the recent arrival a stern ‘don’t try that again’ glare. “Oh, and…welcome to the Steelhaven, by the way,” he told him.

Ratchet immediately spun back around to the slab that Perceptor laid. After plugging himself back into his patient’s neural processor, he grabbed his two laser scalpels, hunched over the exposed network of circuitry – and dived back into cyberspace.

---------

Steelhaven, Briefing Room

“Thank you, Weirdwolf,” Fortress Maximus replied. “Now that Spinister and Pounce have been updated, it is time that we too made our move,” he looked to Inferno, Weirdwolf and Hyperdrive.

“Hey, you know I’m behind ya, Maxi,” Inferno said. “What’s the plan?”

“The plan? Once they relay their current positions (OOC: via Weirdwolf), our strategy is to stay out of Spinister and Pounce’s way lest we expose them,” Fortress Maximus told him.

“I propose we use the drainage system here,” he continued, pointing to the projection. “And quietly move underneath the city-state until we reach Templar Heights. Black Shadow’s stronghold is connected via a security grid that is powered by a converted shuttle. It is currently being used as generator to power up the energy field set up around Templar Heights. That will be our primary target.”

“I can infer that the shuttle is positioned in an area of strategic significance (OOC: I should hope so, anyway). Judging by this topographical image and the information Wingspan imparted to us, I have determined that the shuttle is either here…or here,” Fortress Maximus pointed to the projection. “The drainage system will lead directly underneath these points. I have no doubt that in order to generate a field that large, the generator’s electrical output must be substantial. Meaning, that it is traceable. With the appropriate diagnostic equipment it will serve as our beacon.”

“However,” his tone became grave. “This will not be a straightforward task. The drainage network is old and complex, and the enclosed space puts us at a tactical disadvantage if we are detected. Furthermore, though we will not be visible to the bare optics, we are still unclear of the scanning equipment Black Shadow has installed around the Heights. To avoid detection, all but our most essential systems must be switched offline. I cannot stress that enough. Aside from standard weaponry and diagnostic equipment, bring a vaporator with you. Report to the ship’s armoury if you are not equipped with one. Because of its bio-based nature, vaporators have low energy detection, which should allow us to dig our way up to our targets once we have located them.”

Fortress Maximus turned to Weirdwolf.

“Weirdwolf - your input, please,” He asked.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Steelhaven Briefing Room

Weirdwolf stretched.

"Plan good is target secondary I suggest. Shuttle as generator designed not is target can we their fuel shuttle stock of. It underground tank stored in should be. Plans suggest 3 possible loctions."

He pointed to the map

"Here and here, here yes"

He turned to Fortress Maximus

"olfactory senses use can I optics need I do not. Also use can I to Mafia sensors detect hopefully before us they detect can."

Another Office

Protocol nodded

"that would be ideal."

Gunboat flashed some projections on a screen.

"You main opponent Shockwave seems to be distracted currently although he has a strong team. We need to capitalise on this."

Templar Heights

Pounce yelled at his team

"keep firing. Let them accidentally see the holograms of the drillers but tr y to make it look as if we want to hide this."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Medbay, Steelhaven

Shockwave deliberately ignored Sucker Punch to bow to Ratchet with that gracefulness that so surprised many who saw it; it made him look stately and quite belied his bulk. "Thank you," he said and then looked again to his erst-wise creation, who was lying on the table under Hoist's care. "Matters of war cannot be put aside to seek for one lost soldier. That you have been recovered now is sufficient. I will take your debriefing when you are suitably repaired and energised to do so."

He crossed over to where Gnaw, having stepped back when no violence occurred, warily watched the proceedings.

"Assist me in clearing this debris," he ordered the Sharkticon, beginning to pick up some of the tungsten offcuts littering the floor. Yet, as he did this, he sent an encoded message to Razzle: 'Excellent. I have been otherwise occupied aiding the damaged, but will join you shortly.'
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ungla Cracker

Post by Ungla Cracker »

Medbay

Hoist began working on Sucker Punch’s shoulder plate. It was a pretty standard design but also quite intricate no doubt due to Shockwaves input. Hoist watched as Shockwave bowed towards Ratchet. He couldn’t help feeling a little sour, it wasn’t as if Ratchet was helping repair Sucker Punch. All he did was activate the EMP pulse program, Hoist was always being over looked. His focus switched back to Sucker Punch, scans were showing that the recently reactivated Con was no longer targeting the medbay Autobots, although he did still seem slightly edgy. Some small talk to take the Cons mind off things seemed to be the correct course of action. Ratchet maybe the master surgeon, but Hoist could teach him a thing or two about bedside manner.

“So, Sucker Punch isn’t it? Tell me good sir what is the first thing you purpose to do know you have been reactivated? Old friends and some energon is it I know that would be the first thing I’d be thinking of!”
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Warehouse

Swindle shrugged. "Are you actually interested," he asked Road Hugger, "or is it just a vanity thing? 'Cause if you really care about stuff like this, I can find you a bigger role than just filling chairs on-screen."

Templar Heights

"Someone's attacking the compound," Arrowhead told Aero Blade. "I don't know who. I just heard one of my...well, not colleagues, really. One of Black Shadow's hired goons, I guess. I just heard him get offed over a live comm feed."

Spinister popped out of the underground tunnel he'd been in and moved up into the interior of the Space Mafia compound. A part of him felt regret over leaving the Autobots behind, but the rational part of his brain wouldn't allow it.

They're sloppy. Unprofessional. They'd only slow down the mission if I brought them along, if not actively get themselves killed. Everyone's safer if we're separated.

Despite that, he still felt a small pang of guilt as he moved toward the equipment storage building that was his first target.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Warehouse

Wingspan nodded

"I will let y-you and N-needlenose thrash out the details."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Templar Heights

Freeway nods. "Yeah. I crashed into it when I slipped over the ice from Frostbite," Freeway responded to Mirage. He walks over to the small sturcture and shows him. "Over here. Looks like a drainage outlet or something. The three of us should be able to fit in it. Though we migth scratch some of our paintjob."

"Haven't seen Spinister, Wheelie." I was too busy helping you fight that overgrown lizard. He must have already slipped in. Good riddance. No way I would want to be stuck with that guy!"
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

“Fuel stock?” Fortress Maximus stroked his chin as he observed the projection. “Hmm, I might be willing to consider that route,” He turned to Weirdwolf. “Cutting off their power supply would cripple Black Shadow’s fortifications. However…”

“But wouldn’t detonatin’ a tank that big blow the entire compound to smithereens?” Inferno interrupted. “Who knows what kind of chain reaction we’ll end up causin’.”

“Indeed,” Fortress Maximus answered. “Can you devise an alternative solution, Weirdwolf?”

------

"Another Office"

Groove looked up at the image of Shockwave emitting from the projector before turning to Gunboat.

“Well, I’d hate to be perceived as an opportunist, but,” Groove answered. “What did you have in mind?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warehouse

Road Hugger shrugged, "Better to have someone on our- your payroll starring the movie than to hire actors, right? We could really cut costs... I could see Krok and Beastbox and myself playing the good guys, and, say, Onslaught leading the Imperials..."

Hyperdrive scratched his head as Fortress Maximus, Inferno and Weirdwolf planned their next move.

"If you're worried about blowing Protihex up, why not just siphon the power away? To us, for example?" the thuggish Decepticon asked out loud.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Templar Heights

"Wonderful," Aero Blade answered flatly to Arrowhead, the implications of the new situation running through his processor. With an attack going on, they certainly didn't want to go back out and chance getting caught up in it. Though depending on the motives of the attackers, though, staying here with valuable equipment also did not seem to appealing if they were on their way to destroy it. However, if they'd come to steal it, that just might be Aero Blae's chance to get out of there, or at least hide out until things settled down.

"Guess there's no going back on it now," Aero Blade spoke aloud, coming over to where the other mechanic had last been investigating the heavy equipment. "Have you found anything?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Warehouse

"Sounds like a plan," Swindle told Wingspan. "You know the way out by now, I figure. If any new business comes up that you'd like to talk about, gimme a shout."
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

"Friends?" Sucker Punch stares blankly at the ceiling. " I don't think I have anybot that could be called a "Friend"... He solemly tells Hoist.

"After my creation I was drafted into the Decepticon forces and sent out on my first mission immedietly...alone." Sucker Punch Turns his head to look at the Autobot. "I've only ever met Shockwave and... you."

"However that energon sounds nice"
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Templar Heights

Mirage inspected the outlet Freeway had found and consulted his old personal plan of the area. This was a route into the Heights he had previously passed over as not worth taking; it led to the same drainage sump as the one at the foot of the hill, but was less direct and much narrower.

"Not my first option," he said honestly. "I would rather follow Spinister."

"Follow Spinny? I don't think so," Wheelie chimed, optics narrowing. "A gun that's waiting where we go!"

"I am not sure I agree, but there is a possibility Spinister intended all along to bargain with the Space Mafia on behalf of Gigatron." Mirage glanced at Freeway. "I can navigate us through."

Wheelie grinned. "Wheelie will fit; he's taking it." With that, the smaller mech walked round the ruined retaining wall and straight into the miserably dark tunnel beyond, flicking on his lighting as he did so.

"After you," Mirage invited his comrade with a quite lordly bow.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Medbay, Steelhaven

Gnaw automatically shifted away from Shockwave and started to gather handfuls of shredded tungsten, but the looming purple Decepticon continually invaded his personal space. This action and reaction sent the Sharkticon gradually towards the end of the medbay furthest from Hoist, Sucker Punch and Ratchet.

Then, there was nowhere to go...

"Gnaw," Shockwave said, reaching out his right hand.

That Gnaw could work with. Hand over the rubbish and go get some more.

Shockwave, however, instead raised the modulator that was his left hand. Gnaw felt a sudden blast of energy slam into his chest and was instantly overwhelmed by a stream of digitised information. Numbly, he stared into Shockwave's monoptic.

"I have a mission for you," Shockwave hissed. "Take this download to Iacon and deliver it to Optimus Prime. To Iacon - to Optimus Prime. Indicate your comprehension."

Having no idea what Shockwave meant, Gnaw nodded.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Templar Heights

Spinister slid open the door to the equipment storage building, wincing silently at the load creak it made as it swung open.

Arrowhead gestured toward one particular piece of equipment -- it looked like a giant mining drill of some kind.

"I think this will do," he told Aero Blade. "Not a target that's likely to get blown up by...whoever's out there, and it's as likely as not going to end up sold to a civilian company, not..."

He trailed off at the sound of the doors swinging open. "Oh, hell! Someone's found us!"