[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: The Insolence of Office (Iacon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Macaddams

Sky High blinked

"I see so this is Tombstone I must have got turned around, the Wild West is difficult to navigate without a map"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Maccadams' Old Oil House

"Tombstone?" Monocle asked Sky High. "This is Iacon. I-A-C-O-N." Monocle scratched his head, trying to figure out this odd transformer out. "You don't happen to be schizophrenic, do you?"
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The Mezzanine, Border Regions

"I was thinking something more...clandestine. Though, the end result is about the same," Magnificus told Firecracker. "Sundor needs to disappear. I'm open to whatever course, though. What did your 'boss' have in mind, and how many people do have that are willing to carry out such an operation?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Maccadam's

Sky High was jolted from his wild west fantasy by the question but soon slippe dinto another imaginary world.

"Schizophrenic dat is a diagnosis sehr interesting ja, my advice is to lock your wheels and slide on the ice."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"I'm not one for subtlety, Nemesis Perceptor," Firecracker quipped to Magnificus. "You know that. The boss thinks if we make a big enough ruckus that it'll scare all the 'Cons and 'Con-lovers into stayin' home on election day. You know...put together a few gangs, beat up anyone we see on the street with a 'Con badge, burn down 'Con-owned businesses, stuff like that."

Streets

"They didn't," Sideswipe told Drift, "because they'd all run away like the cowards they are long before the fighting got here."

He seethed silently for a few seconds at the thought, before he was able to collect himself and say, "We'd need a boss-type guy to organize things. No one's going to charge into battle behind you -- no offence -- and I'm hardly leader material."

He hit his brakes, coming to a stop beside a building labelled "The Mezzanine".

"This place looks interesting," he said, transforming to robot mode. "Wanna check it out?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Border Regions

"Yes, we do. Although who would be a good leader-type? Grimlock? Springer?" Drift asked Sideswipe. He stopped when Sideswipe did, and transformed into robot mode alongside his erstwhile companion.

"Let's." he said.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Templar Basilica

Glit sighed and looked down into his empty hands. Then he looked up, up into the great polished arch of the Basilica soaring kliks above his head; the Order of Primus certainly knew how to remind the common mech of their temporal power...

For they did have power.

Odd how the Knights never interposed in the Autobot/Decepticon War.

Glit sighed again and made his way to the massive public doorway. He was sure about parting with the Book, but did not feel any more secure for having done so. Maybe he should data-dump his electronic copy? Ah, no - not if the information could be used to save lives (including his own, should it come to that) and he was absolutely sure that possession of the actual, physical Book was more significant than what was in it. He hoped that, anyway.

He stepped out into the courtyard fronting the Basilica, deliberately avoiding the few units crossing the space, keeping his optics set on the gateway. A few more steps and he would be out and away.

Then, he stopped. Out and away to where? He glanced back at the massive structure behind, briefly contemplating a return, an acceptance of the offer he had been made. But - no. He wanted none of that. He wanted... he wanted...

He wanted to recapture the meaning of his profession as a healer, which meant finding somewhere he could volunteer his skills of his own free will. So, he walked out into the streets of Iacon and went to find what he wanted.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Prowl's Office, Autobase

Springer walked in Prowl's office without so much as knocking. He figured that they were expecting him anyway. Still a bit busted up from his fight with Roadbuster, he looked at Smokescreen for a moment and then and Prowl.

"So," he said. "Have you two come to a descision?"
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

"Heh, well," Magnificus smirked. "That would certainly get the point across."

He stared back at Firecracker for a moment longer while he mulled over his guest's strategy.

"Hmm. Alright," he nodded. "It'd make quite the statement, and that is essentially our intention. That's something I think I'd be willing to finance. That is why you're here, yes?" he looked to Firecracker. "But, we need to draw a better strategy to get to Sundor. He'll no doubt have security detail."

Prowl's Office, Autobase

Prowl didn't immediately answer Springer's question, but instead looked him up and down, noting the damage that the triplechanger had sustained, however minor.

Taking Springer's current reputation into account, as well as his desire to absolve himself among his fellow Autobots, he quickly drew the most logical conclusion.

"You went to Debris," he said dryly.

He shook his head scoldingly and resumed.

"Ahem, yes, we have come to a decision," Prowl told him. "One that you will ultimately benefit from. Have a seat, Springer," he extended his hand to an empty chair in front of the desk.

(OOC: I just now noticed that Prowl likes to do that. Offer people seats, I mean. Sigh...I'm guilty of recycling themes it would seem :()
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Macaddams

Sky High continued in his role as cod germanic psychiatrist.

"So lie back and tell me how long haff you been suffering these delusions."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Maccadams Old Oil House

Monocle stared at Sky High, open-mouthed. "Wha-? Delusions? Are you sure it's me that's suffering from delusions, not you?"
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Prowl's Office

Springer smirked when Prowl took notice of his injuries. "I did. I'm serious about what I said before and if that means taking a serious beating, then so be it. Saves Smokescreen the trouble of shooting me too," he joked.

"The Wreckers aren't going to kill me on sight anymore," he added. "It was something that had to be taken care of while I was waiting."

Springer walked forward and sat down in the seat in front of Prowl's desk. "Alright. So what's the plan?"
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Chip1123
Protoform

Debris

Post by Chip1123 »

Topspin was back in his quarters, reflecting on all that had happened recently while getting some R&R (repair and recharge) until the next crisis came up.

Springer had come back. That definitely left rubbed the proverbial salt in the wounds of some of the Wreckers - as evident by the pounding that had been dished out to both Springer and Roadbuster. Eventually, he hoped they could all come to terms with what had happened. Springer, in Topspin's opinion anyways, made the Wreckers as a unit stronger. Wonder what will be said, if anything, for my support of Springer. Oh well. I'll cross that bridge when and if it comes.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Sideswipe shrugged. "Not a clue. There's got to be someone out there with the same ideas we've got, though. We'll just have to keep an eye out, right?"

He walked into the club with Drift by his side and looked around.

"Nice place," he muttered.

"He's a pacifist. Well, a pretend one. Can't exactly surround himself with goons and keep up that image, eh?" Firecracker shrugged, and he looked around at the possessions and furnishings in the room rather than Magnificus himself. "We'll take him out eventually, 'course. We can prob'ly do it ourselves but we're not too proud to take help if you know someone who'd fit in on the team."

Prowl's Office, Autobase

(OOC: Just pretend you're doing it on purpose, ziggy. Then it's characterization. ;) )

"You wound me," Smokescreen told Springer. "If I was going to kill you I'd do it in a way that wouldn't be traceable. Poisoned energon, Syk overdose, Scraplet infestation, sudden cerebral circuit failure...so many possibilities. But you don't need to worry about that because we've decided that you're useful to us."

For now.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"Could think of a few people." Drift told Sideswipe as he followed the other Autobot into the club, optics taking in the scene. "Although most of them already formed a subgroup of their own."

One particular Autobot stuck in his head... Jazz. If anyone would be willing to go against the Decepticons whilst not having a subgroup of his own like Roadbuster or Grimlock, it would be Jazz. Springer might work, too, but he's so unstable right now, and is kind of like a rogue. Not that it's a problem...

Drift raised an optic brow at the state of the Mezzanine. "Better place than some of the bars in Kaon, definitely. You ever been thereabouts, 'Swipe?"
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Iacon, back streets slum area

It had taken Glit only a breem or so of stalking in no particular direction to come to this wretched, sad place - yet, if he turned to look over one arching shoulder, he could see the high vaulting of the Basilica. For some reason, he shuddered.

Perhaps... he reasoned with himself. ...it's just being in the shadow...

But, surely, that great foundation was the centre of all that could be right with Cybertron. It was not - nor had ever been - the main centre of Primus worship (that honour went to the complex inside the Council enclave), but it had passed almost untouched through the megavorns of fighting, struggle and deprivation. Glit could easily understand why the Autobots had not infringed on the place, but not the Decepticons; for Megatron and the rest to ignore the Templars must have some implications.

He shrugged, put the thoughts out of his cerebral cortex and began to pace on through the alleys between mean, tumbledown dwellings that reminded him of The Dead End. His sensitive nasal array picked up scents of squalor and desperation and, then, leaking energon...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Prowl's Office, Autobase

"To the point," Prowl said. "Your conduct as of late has been, to put it bluntly, ill-judged. Some have even gone so far as to say treasonous. But, you know this..."

Prowl paced around Springer's chair as he continued. "Strangely however, your sojourn in Crystal City should have had numerous political repercussions...and yet, despite all odds, it did not. In fact, because of your reckless actions - which you have claimed to be of good intent - you managed to make a valuable connection."

When he made a full revolution around the chair, Prowl stopped in front of Springer.

"It would seem that your recklessness is a rare species of honesty, and that your fidelity to Iacon is no longer in question," he told the triplechanger. "You will not be reprimanded today, Springer. In fact, I believe you shall be duly compensated...starting with your reenlistment."

"When the time comes, we'll have to take advantage of that then. The phony pacifist subroutine may work in the neutral territories, but for a Iaconian politician it's awfully trusting, don't you think?" Magnifcus looked to Firecracker. "We live in such tumultuous times, after all. Something terrible could befall him," he grinned impishly. "I'm a patient mech, though. The buzzard can wait."

".....We can prob'ly do it ourselves but we're not too proud to take help if you know someone who'd fit in on the team."

Magnificus thoughtfully took a sip from his glass. "Yes, I believe I do. He's an ex-military, ex-ISS officer, ex-pitfighter, ex-corporate bodyguard. Yeah, I know, a lot of "ex's", right?" he told Firecracker. "He's a good kid, though. He's currently under my employ. He helps me keep the Little Sheol strip Con free."

-----

Dealer's Place, Border Regions

The Fortune had arrived back in Iacon earlier in the cycle following its trip to Crystal City, and unexpectedly, Tagan Heights. But, just as soon as Doubledealer had returned, he was already making preparations to leave again.

Blades, leaning against the hull of the Fortune, watched Dealer as he rolled a crate of supplies on board the small shuttle.

"So, where are you off to now?" Blades asked.

"Still got that business in Tagen Heights, remember?" Dealer replied. "Gotta make sure Sao follows through."

"Right, right. Your little arrangement with Gigatron," Blades said derisively. "You practically had that latinium and slaggin' gestalt tech gift wrapped. I'm sure he'll put that to good use..."

"Don't."

"...You know, for the betterment of Cybertron, cuz everyone knows that Cons are the caring type..."

"Don't start."

"What? I mean, seriously, what the hell is going on? What else is there that you're not telling us?" he looked Dealer square in the eyes. "You're up to something, Dealer, and I don't like it."

"Oh, don't be so fraggin' pious, Blades. It's business. You know that," the mercenary snapped back. "Contrary to common belief, I have no ulterior motive."

"Riiiight," Blades sneered. "Listen," his expression then softened. "You're my...friend. Closest thing I got to one, anyway. You helped me get through a real rough time. So, I guess I owe you...I ain't gonna tattle on you or anything. I just don't want to see anything...bad happen to you."

"From the Cons, or from Magnificus?"

Blades looked down at his feet and said nothing.

"Pfft, that's what I thought," Dealer said dryly. "And don't worry about me. I can take care of myself. If Maggy still doesn't trust me, he's more than welcome to try to bully me out of town...He'll see what happens."

"Don't do anything stupid, alright."

"You know me," Dealer smiled. "You heading back to the Mezzanine?"

"Nah, routine patrol of Little Sheol. Keeping the trash out, that sort of crap," the former-Protectobot answered.

"Ah, good ol' Magnificus. Making the Regions a better place for all of us," Dealer scoffed.

Blades dismissed the mercenary's last comment and turned away. "Do what you gotta do. See around, Dealer."

He transformed into helicopter mode and activated his rotor systems.

"Yeah, I'll catch you later," Dealer said as he watched Blades lift off the landing pad and take to the air.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"Not in a very, very long time," Sideswipe told Drift. "Before the war Sunstreaker was fighting on the gladiator circuit and he got into a few big-money matches in Kaon, the cocky bastard. The last time we went there he got thumped really bad by Megatron. Haven't been there since before the war, though."

He paid his cover charge, then headed toward a table in a dark corner of the bar.

Firecracker nodded slowly, a pensive expression on his face. "Anyone I know?" he asked Magnificus.

He frowned for a second, then added, "As far as gettin' to ol' orangebird goes, I figured you could maybe help with that. After all, you're an ex-Con and he pretends to be an ex-Con. He'd probably be happy to get someone like you on Team Sundor. Prob'ly even give you unrestricted access to him. Be easy to slip someone in after that to take him out."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

"Well, he did serve in the military - part of a gestalt unit, actually - so you might know him," Magnificus told Firecracker. "I probably shouldn't give a name, though. I'll leave it to him. He got in some trouble not too long ago, something I've been willfully blind towards. The kind of trouble that pertains to a certain now-defunct corporation."

(OOC: Up to you if he is able to piece together those vague hints and figure out that he's referring to Blades.)

---

Magnificus quietly stared back at Firecracker, his neutral expression shifting to a slow smile.

"That's...not such a bad idea. Brilliant even. Why didn't I think of that?" he said (OOC: Seriously, why didn't I? :(). "I probably could simply buy my way in. I have the shannix to do so, and the fact that I'm a multi-business owner does give me some credibility. Plus, political parties always need patrons or lobbyists."

Magnificus tapped his fingers together. "I'll have to schedule an appointment with him."

(OOC: It was either the 'finger pyramid of eee-vil contemplation' or 'swirling glass of wine oil'. I chose the former :))
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Drift nodded. "It only went downhill from there. War took its toll on Kaon, and the 'Con heads moved over to Helex and Polyhex. It's now back to the poverty-ridden wasteland that it used to be pre-war. Only worse."

"Sunstreaker... I was fighting a unit led by him. Last mission I had as a Decepticon." Drift muttered with darkened optics as he paid his cover charge as well. "Shot that my commanding officer in the head. Troops won't follow me." The Autobot chuckled as he sat down beside Sideswipe.

Drift gestured at one of the waiters (?) To come.