[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: The Insolence of Office (Iacon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Enroute

Crush bumped down as he descended.

A loudspeaker crackled inside.

"Landing we are now, what is wrong with my vehicle mode."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Roadbuster's Office, Debris

"But I'm bored!" Whirl protested, swinging his hands up like a child protesting to his mother. "There's got to be something interesting to do here than to wait for Springers to show up."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Dinobot Shuttle

"Then go look for him," Snarl replied to Swoop. "And try to win this time."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Prowl's Office, Autobase

Smokescreen cocked his head to one side. "Assuming he'll cooperate," he told Prowl. "You know as well as I just how stubborn Springer can be."

I'm not all that keen on letting him anywhere near Prime myself, but Springer will try to go behind our backs if we don't let him have his meeting." The spy shrugged. "If it's going to happen I'd rather it happen in a controlled environment. And by 'controlled', I mean 'swarming with guards'. And snipers. Maybe Dinobots too."

The Mezzanine, Border Regions

"Good ta see you," Firecracker told Magnificus. He flopped down on the sofa, draping his legs over one of the arms.

"You got any Nebulan oil? I take mine unleaded, with a splash of ethanol."

Cybertron War Academy

"It's more impressive if you store them where your enemies can see them," Sideswipe said cockily. Seeing that the crowd that had been watching them was dispersing, he shrugged and said, "Dunno about you, but I could use some Energon."

Maccadam's Old Oil House

"Sometimes it seems like they come once a week," Maccadam told Monocle. "But that's probably just because my memory's shot."

It wasn't, but he liked to play up the "old guy" stereotypes as much as he could. It wouldn't do for anyone to guess just what he was capable of, after all.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Dinobot shuttle:

Grimlock: -turning in the pilot's chair- "No, Swoop. We all on this shuttle so when Imperials show up, we hit them first. It not work well if Me have to go hunting random Dinobots first. After we crush Imperials, then go after Predacons." -turning back- "Remember, need to keep priorities in order."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Prowl's Office, Autobase

"That is a precaution I intend to make," Prowl told Smokescreen. "I am still reluctant to arrange this meeting, Smokescreen, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt and allow him to explain his case. If I am still not satisfied, he will simply have to wait until after he returns from his mission."

"Now-" he turned away from the SIS director and started to type away on the terminal. "To put the information your department imparted to us to use."

He worked for a few moments more, rapidly scrolling through the images on the monitor, then reached over to the built-in intercom on his desk.

"Mainframe," he said into the speaker. "I need you to compile and encrypt this data for me. Send it back to me when you are finished."

Magnificus moved over to a neon-lit bar, built right behind the lounge, and rustled around the cabinets.

"Oh, a connoisseur," he pulled down a bottle of the potation Firecracker had requested. "Ga'mede had business in Nebulos a few deca-cycles back. Word had gotten to him that a Xeptosian racket was selling arms to some of the locals. Ga'mede, naturally, wouldn't have any of it," he poured the contents of the bottle into two thin, though quite elegant glasses. "At any rate, he brought me back two cases of this."

He brought the beverages over to the sofa, placing one down at the end table close to where Firecracker sat.

"On to business, then," he took a seat in a chair across from his guest. "I trust you've been keeping an optic on the elections?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Dinobot Shuttle

"I know, boss, I know." Swoop replied to Grimlock, resting his chin on his fist, glancing out of the shuttle. "Don't plan to kill him right now. Priorities an' all that. But it's just that... after so long, there's still no clear winner between both of us. Every time we fight, someone had to interrupt. Optimus Prime, the Predacons, you guys..."

Sighing, he turned to Snarl and gave the desert warrior a shrug. "Though between us, I want the Imps to come down quickly so we can hack them apart."

It wasn't completely true, but Swoop knew he had to act tough — show some false bravado — in front of his fellow Dinobots.

Cybertron War Academy

"That would be great." Drift told Sideswipe, sheathing his shorter sword onto the sheaths on his hips, while latching the decorated Great Sword—the same sword that Wing used until his death—onto the clamps on his back. The turquoise orb glowed faintly, the shade of a transformer's spark...

"Do you have a place in mind?" Drift asked the older Autobot, half-joking. He told himself that when the opportunity presents itself, he would ask Sideswipe for job opportunities in the army... people didn't exactly welcome him with open hands due to his heritage. -And they say only fleshlings suffer from racism...-

Maccadams'

"Heh." Monocle chuckled as he gulped down the bubbling orange drink on his table, shaking his head. "They almost do. I'm here everytime I'm not off recruited by some brash Autobot looking for an adventure, after all. Mind filling this up again? Nice vintage... let me guess. Athenian? Femaxian?" Monocle gestured to his empty cube.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Prowl's Office, Autobase

Smokescreen acknowledged Prowl's decision with a nod. "That sounds reasonable to me."

"Ga'mede?" Firecracker asked, momentarily unsure about who Magnificus was talking about. Then he remembered where he'd heard your name. "Oh, right. Your pet. Good taste in fuel, if nothing else."

He sipped the drink, then nodded. "Good stuff, for sure." He grinned. "Like I always say, I like my drinks like I like my Decepticons: behind glass and easily flammable."

He shrugged when Magnificus asked about the elections. "Not a big fan of this 'democracy' nonsense myself, but it's always a good idea to know which direction the sheeple are being herded. The boss has some plans, though. Voter intimidation, scaring 'Cons and neutrals away from the polls. Stuff like that. You?"

Cybertron War Academy

"Maccadams' is always good," Sideswipe told Drift. "There's a few decent places in the Border Regions too, I hear, but I've never had a chance to get out there myself." He shrugged. "Up for an adventure?"

Maccadam's Old Oil House

Maccadam sniffed the cube, then shook his head. "Antillan, actually. Or a very good knockoff, anyway. It's not easy to get your hands on the genuine article anymore, for obvious reasons."

He poured another cube's worth of the expensive energon and handed it to Monocle. "This one's on the house."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Maccadam's Old Oil House

Sky High sauntered over to the bar

feet crunching on the sawdust eyes darting taking in the other inhabitants

"a glass of sasparilee pardner."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Cybertron War Academy

"Lead the way." Drift told Sideswipe. "You are more familiar of the places here than me, of course."

Maccadams' Old Oil House

"My thanks and gratitude, barkeep." Monocle told Maccadam, nodding solemnly at the mention of Antillan, the planet whose Autobot colony had been wiped out by a plague of Cosmic Rust.

Turning to Sky High, Monocle raised an optic and greeted the Pretender, "How fares you, comrade?"
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

"Oooh, about the same," Magnificus mischievously smiled. "I've mostly been busy with my recent acquisitions."

He took a sip from his glass and returned his gaze to Firecracker.

"But, yes, I have been staying on top of current events," he said. "The so-called Alliance for Peace has been of particularly interest. In fact, I suspect they're of interest to you as well," he glanced sideways to his guest. "More specifically, their candidate...?"

Prowl's Office, Autobase

"It is that, or he may continue on his descent into self-imposed exile. And, in all honesty, neither party will benefit from that," Prowl told Smokescreen. "I am certain we will come to an arrangement where we are all satisfied, though."

"Moving on," he then said. "Shall we proceed? Or is there any other details you would like to address?"

(OOC: Things like what Springer should say or show to Gigatron. Or similarly, what he shouldn't? Anything Repugnus needs to do? Or anything else I'm forgetting.)
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Prowl's Office, Autobase

Smokescreen shook his head. "I think we've covered all the basics. I'll slip word to my agent in Crystal City that he shouldn't try to kill Springer anymore, but to definitely keep an optic sensor on him. Other than that..." He shrugged. "You've always been better with political nuance than I am, Prowl."

"You mean Pretend Defector Sundor?" Firecracker nodded as he listened to Magnificus. "Yeah, we've given him some thought, you could say. The idea that a 'Con could run for office in Iacon..." He shivered. "Sick, that's what it is. Someone like you who's proven what side they're on, that's a different story. But him? Slag, I can't believe we even let people like him live in our city. 'We need to disarm and become a race of peace. But pay no attention to the fact that I used to work as a spy for Soundwave.' And people swallow this scrap? Morons."

Cybertron War Academy

"Follow me, then," Sideswipe told Drift, "and we'll see what sort of trouble we can get ourselves into."

Transforming into vehicle mode, he accelerated away.

Maccadam's Old Oil House

Maccadam gave Sky High a funny look, but poured him his drink and set it out on the bar.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Cybertron War Academy

Drift transformed into vehicle mode, accelerating to keep up with Sideswipe. "There will be quite a bit, considering that the 'Cons have let themselves into this city."

After a moment, he added, "Say, Sideswipe, do you have any idea how hard it is to get assigned to a military unit? Do you think you could help me get into a team or some such? I get it that they don't trust me, but still..."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

"Sadly, in this day and age of pseudo-liberalism, it doesn't surprise me that one has made it this far," Magnificus frowned. "It came close to happening before. I, or the rather, the people of the Regions can attest to the "good-intentions" of these former-Decepticons...and they paid dearly for it."

"And that was only a sample," he told Firecracker. "Hnn, can you imagine what Sundor would do if he were elected? With that much power, he..."

Magnificus stopped, then composed himself.

"I'm actually quite fond of Iacon. It's true, I am," he said. "And what kind of Iaconian citizen would I be if sat back and allowed the crimes that all the Banzaitrons, and Axers, and Black Shadows committed to happen again? I'd rather stomp it out before the flame spreads any farther."

Prowl's Office, Autobase

"Yes, I suppose I am," Prowl answered Smokescreen without the slightest bit of modesty. "Admittedly, I am taking a serious risk - albeit, a calculated risk. But, if it will extend our alleged 'cease fire' with Gigatron, it would be remiss of me to pass up this opportunity."

At that moment, the monitor on his his desk alerted him to an incoming message. Mainframe had completed the data encryption that Prowl had requested.

"Excellent. It appears everything is order," he said. "I believe we have kept Springer waiting long enough. I suppose I should summon him."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Prowl's Office, Autobase

"Let me do the honours," Smokescreen said to Prowl. The spymaster manipulated the room's comm panel, keyed in Springer's frequency and said, "Springer, it's Smokescreen. We're done with our little interruption, and we'd like to have another word with you."

"If'n Sundor's a faker, he'll sell us out to the 'Cons first chance he gets," Firecracker agreed with Magnificus. "If he's for real he'll shut down the army and roll out the welcome mat for Meggy-tron just the same. I'm right there with you. I know the boss has some ideas, what he wants to do. Me, I got some of my own. Quick and easy ideas that involve a back alley and a blaster pistol. I'm old-school that way, see? What about you?"

Streets

Sideswipe dropped down a gear as they started to drive up a hill.

"I was just about to ask you the same thing," he told Drift. "No one really wanted me before I got left for dead. Apparently I'm a war hero, even though I'm not quite sure why. So they couldn't discharge me, but I could tell that the desk jockeys who run things these days didn't have much use for a guy like me. They probably didn't want any reminders around of what the Autobots used to be like. I can't imagine much has changed since then. The shanix-pinching bastards probably took my name off the active list without even looking for me..."

Sideswipe trailed off bitterly, then in a more happy tone he said, "If all else fails, I say we round up some guys and we start cleaning things up ourselves."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Maccadam's Old Oil House

Sky High looked at Monocle

"fair to middling Wild Bill."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Streets

Drift sighed. "And I thought these kinds of bureaucrats have been killed during Megatron's initial strike on Iacon... they think by forgetting the people who fought in the war, they could close the ugly wounds. Mark my words, it'll come back and haunt them, one way or another."

Drift mulled over what Sideswipe said next. "Actually it isn't half a bad idea. A strike team to hit the Decepticons covertly..."

Maccadams' Old Oil House

"Wild Bill?" Monocle asked Sky High, raising an optic ridge. "I am not... Wild Bill..."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Maccadams Old Oil House

Sky High blinked

"Mayhap you been out too long in the sun pardner. I'm as sure that you're wild bill as this is Nuttal & Mann's bar in the settlement of Deadwood. Maybe that rotgut you drink has addled your brain.Care for a game of poker?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Maccadams' Old Oil House

Monocle scratched his head and glanced at Maccadam, before turning back to Sky High. "Comrade, are you unwell? This is Maccadam's Old Oil House in Iacon, and... we hardly get any sun in this part of Cybertron. Perhaps it would be best if you saw First Aid? You seem... troubled."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Autobase

Springer wandered around Autobase for a while before Smokescreen's transmission came in. He was planning to go to the IMR to get his injuries checked out after his battle with Roadbuster, but then decided against it. They weren't severe enough to need medical attention. "Got it, Smokescreen," he replied. "I'm on my way."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!