[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: The Insolence of Office (Iacon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Safe House

"No, that would be...impolite," Smokescreen told Repugnus. "I merely want you to spy on him. And, naturally, to assassinate him if it looks like he's going to jeopardize our interests."

Iacon Arms Hotel

"Depends," Hubcap told Hot Rod. "What sort of investors are you looking for? I could set you up really quick, but most of the big-money types I know in Iacon are the pinstripe-wearing, knee-servo-breaking type. I could put out feelers to some of my contacts in Uraya if what you need is legitimate money, but it'll take longer."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Maccadams

Whirl's optic blinked in amusement as Snarl stood up. "Ah, there we go. Would you like another glass?" The Wrecker asked unashamedly. "Or are you done for the day?"

Safe House

"Assassinate. I love that word." Repugnus said, smiling. "So... I sneak into the Decepticon ranks pretending to be a fugitive... or something... while spying on Springer and his buddies. You sure the target's Springer, not Gigatron?"

Smiling widely, the Monsterbot asked, "So... what's in it for me? Excused from prison, and...?" The Monsterbot let the question hang in the air.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Safe House

"Oh, definitely not," Smokescreen told Repugnus. "I like Gigatron. He stabilizes the Decepticons and keeps them from causing too much trouble. I'll leave it up to you how you actually infiltrate his camp, but I suspect he'll be more than willing to believe you if you say you want to defect, once the news of your escape from prison hits the news.

"Your prison term will be commuted once the mission is over, naturally. And if you return to Iacon afterwards I'll be happy to give you a post in the Secret Service, with your full rank and seniority." Smokescreen shrugged slightly. "Plus, you'll probably have to kill people, which I suspect is a bonus for you."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Safe House

"Secret Service, eh?" The Monsterbot made a show of thinking about it for a while. The deal was actually better than what he deserved after Taagan Heights. And besides, the thought of being sent to assassinate people on a regular basis thrilled him.

"A nice deal. I accept. Although," Repugnus nodded at Smokescreen. "Any chance I could get some upgraded claws? You know, for better slicing and dicing. More... sharper than these. After all, I'm going into the eye of the storm. I need bigger claws." Repugnus said, showing his schyte/pincers. (OOC: I'm trying to upgrade him to his IDW self, with four sickles and all... helps in killing. ;) )
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Safe House

Grotusque paused

"how shall Repugnus relay information back to us? We do not wish to jepoardise our truce with Gigatron's faction."
Selkadoom

Maccadams

Post by Selkadoom »

Snarl looked at Whirl and said "Sure Snarl have another one"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Factory Facility:

Hot Rod: -into commlink- "Most decidedly legit, Redflare. This party's had enough inappropriate gaining and distribution of wealth. That's why I'm in this race."

Maccaddams:

Nightbeat: -watching Snarl willingly ask for another drink- "And that, Road Rage, is our cue to run for it."

Road Rage scowled. "Aren't we supposed to do something about things like this?"

Nightbeat: -grabbing her arm and dragging her towards the door- "We're military security. We're not the cops. We protect Prime, and probably whoever wins the upcoming election. We protect things of import. And there's only 10 of us, as long as you count Omega Supreme six times." -scowling- "And neither one of us can go toe to toe with a rampaging Dinobot and expect to knock them out."

Road Rage grabbed the doorframe. "But we knocked him out once."

Nightbeat: -pulling harder, yanking until her hands let go of the frame- "You don't have stun weapons, and I don't think Whirl and I between us can keep knocking him out. If it's really bad, we can send Ironhide or Chromedome."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

(OOC: I'm getting anxious. I'm going to go ahead and move the Guard City story forward :))

Iacon Security Service HQ

Okay, what do we actually know,” Streetwise thought.

He leaned back in is recliner as he contemplatively tapped his finger to his lip.

First Aid is found at an abandoned apartment complex in the Border Regions, three solar cycles after our strike on Banzaitron’s mansion. His data banks are wiped, containing no recollection or back-up files between the days of [insert date] to [insert date]....We have records that verify that he was dispatched to provide my SWAT unit aid at [insert time], but he didn’t report back with the IMR team. He just vanished….The Wreckers reported that Blades had been there too, who had a falling-out with his former-employer….The compound security had been disabled, but we were able obtain sufficient scraps of data from Banzaitron’s neural processor, and we have Whirl’s testimony…The shattered window, the markings on the mansion grounds….He was definitely there and he definitely was in critical condition, but where is he now? Offline bodies don’t just simply walk away….First Aid must have seen something. Something incriminating, perhaps?”

Streetwise paused to ponder this while rapping a stylus pen along the arm of his recliner.

“....Someone is covering their tracks. It’s so plainly obvious. For what purpose, I’m not yet certain, but there's more to it than just Blades.....And then there is the mercenary Doubledealer, who so conveniently provided us with our lead….We kept him in custody between [insert date] to [insert date] for questioning, but was released when his “lawyer” demanded he be released from our inquiry….We ID-ed him, though. The lawyer was legitimate…Still, the time frame of his release, only six hours before we received First Aid’s distress signal, it’s no coincidence... Doubledealer, who we know made contact with First Aid prior to the police raid and had valuable information against Tzai Industries; First Aid, whose concern for his former-comrade is well documented; Blades; former-ISS and military operative, and now a former-Tzai employee….They’re connected. In fact, I’m certain of it.”

Streetwise musings would be interrupted, however, when the monitor at his desk alerted him to an incoming call.

“Streetwise,” Red Alert said. “We’re ready. Meet me and Hot spot at the simulation chamber.”

“I’ll be right there,” he answered.

Switching of the monitor, he stood up from his work station and proceeded to the exit of his office.

“Hmph, Project: Guard City, indeed,” he grumbled.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Safe House

"I could bribe one of the junior Decepticons to transmit a encrypted datapack to you. Then I blow the console and report him to Gigs for treachery... trying to transmit to the Autobots." Repungus said to Grotusque.

Shrugging, the Monsterbot added, "What about the Pretenders and any other guys that Springer brought with him? Do I have the right assassinate them as well, if they prove to be trouble?"

Maccadams

"Errrm..." Whirl murmured as Nightbeat and Road Rage ran off. "Maybe not. The drink's too powerf-"

"I mean, you're too powerful for the drink." Whirl quickly reiterated. "Come on, let's find someone to kill." Whirl said to Stepper and Snarl.
Selkadoom

Maccadams

Post by Selkadoom »

"Sure Snarl join, nothing else to do" and walked over to the door waiting for Whirl.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Iacon Security Service HQ, Simulation Chamber

When Streetwise arrived at the simulation chamber’s control room, he found Hot Spot and Red Alert preoccupied by the five mechs on the other side of observation booth's window.

Taking their cue, Streetwise turned to watch the five officers in the simulation chamber as they carried out their exercise. Though he had been briefed before hand, seeing Project: Guard City in execution with his own optics – well, it was a bit unsettling.

The Mezzanine

“So…a former-military and ISS agent who got mixed-up in a bad crowd,” Magnificus said.

“And you're a former-Decepticon military consul,” Blades answered.

This revelation did little to put the former-Protectobot's mind at rest. He had his fill of so-called “former-Decepticons” in the past and paid the price to placing trust on any of them.

“Oh, I know that look,” Magnificus leered. “That was vorns and vorns ago. I assure you there is no love lost. In fact, I’ve made it a bit of a hobby making their lives miserable. You could say it’s one of the secrets to my success. Well, that and being a smart businessmech.”

“Like Banzaitron’s bayonet?” Blades narrowed his eyes. “That somehow related to this hobby of yours?”

“If you’re beholden by some silly honor-bound code to your old master, I’ll be happy to give it back to you,” He snidely answered.

“I'd sooner break it over my knee.”

“Well, at least you and I have one thing in common, then. The circumstances are different, mind you, but you can’t deny that there’s a fascinating parallel,” Magnificus told him. “Betrayed by our causes on more than one occasion. I was even a pitfighter like you, remember. The cause I was once so passionate about? Pfft. You can learn a lot about one’s surroundings simply by looking at from an outside perspective. What I saw was pettiness, treachery, mindless loyalty, oppression. Surely you see the parallel?”

“Hmph, maybe,” Blades muttered. “But you’re still a ‘Con at spark.”

“Alright, picture this: A top tier Autobot solider, member of a decorated military unit. A celebrated killer who proudly put his life on the line to preserve the great, noble cause…. Decommissioned once he expended his usefulness and transferred to a quasi-civilian task force. Scorned and pitied by his peers, he is a grim reminder of an ugly truth. Unable to validate his existence in this unfamiliar new world, they too turned their backs on him. You won’t be-LIEVE what he ended up doing next....”

“Alright, that’s enough!” Blades slammed his fist onto the table.

“Very well, but next time, try not to impugn my integrity because of some age old factional bigotry your harboring,” Magnificus snapped. “You are no innocent bystander, my friend. And by your logic – not to mention your sordid history - I have just as little reason to trust you…”

Magnificus composed himself.

“But, I think we’re getting off on the wrong foot here,” he continued. “As a, ahem, fellow outcast, I’m willing to help you. Give you a second chance – if you are interested, of course. The choice is, and always has been, yours and only yours to make.”
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Safe House

Grotusque chuckled.

"Not exactly a way of sending regular reports, I think the Cons may get suspicious after the 2nd or 3rd time."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Safe House

"Then I'll just have to think of another way for the second and third time..." Repugnus smiled. "Of course, Grotusque can always pretend to be a Decepticon double-agent on Iacon..."

"Or I could, heh, 'borrow' one of the communicators of one of the Autobots with Springer..."
Selkadoom

Maccadams

Post by Selkadoom »

Snarl stood near the doorway rather impaitently waiting "We go soon" he asked.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Iacon Security Service, Simulation Chamber

Project: Guard City,” Streetwise thought to himself. “It can be essentially described as mixing five Autobots from varying backgrounds, add pre-existing Gestalt tech and toss in just a pinch of Protectobot battle and field data. What I see on the opposite end of the control booth is the end product. Despite the individual minds that bring their own talents and experience into the mix, they are near-facsimiles of members of my old unit. The same one that disbanded due to…unforeseen circumstances. Let’s just say, it’s a rather sensitive subject. But this – eh heh - this is wrong on so many levels. What compelled me to participate in this little pet project is beyond me….

------

“Well, I guess it’s true what they say: imitation is the sincerest form of flattery,” Hot Spot said. “Still – it’s kinda creepy."

“Oh, please. It’s not like they’re the first ‘Bots to share the same template with someone else,” Red Alert quipped.

“There a problem, Streetwise?” Hot Spot inquired, interrupting Streetwise’s private musings.

“Me? No. I’ll get past it,” Streetwise feigned innocence.

“That’s good to hear,” Red Alert blurted, seeing right past Streetwise’s stoicism. “I understand you reservations, though. I had my own objections from the get go. But, as you know, this was Prowl’s innovation. So you just know that commiseration didn’t factor, like, at all in this decision.”

“Heh, awfully charitable of him, don’t you think,” Hot Spot chuckled.

“Yeah, right. Still, shameful as it sounds, the ISS doesn’t mind a hand out every so often. We’re stretched thin as it is,” Red Alert continued. “The military provided us with a lot the tech and data to create what you see. One of them is even a military recruit. And, as hard as it is for me to admit, I’m pleased with the results.”

“But you must detect that there’s some ulterior motive. The military is rarely this generous,” Streetwise protested.

“Ha! Of course there is, and frankly I don’t care,” Red Alert told him “As far as I’m concerned, I don’t give frag what Prowl or the military have in mind for them. As long as they use our facilities and resources, Guard City will serve the civilian population – not the military. We’ll “fortify” Iacon in our own way.”

Red Alert pressed a switch on the control panel and the door leading to the simulation chamber slid open.

“But, enough of that for now,” Red Alert said. “Time for you to meet your subordinates. Come along, you two.”

“Right. Let’s whip these newbies into shape!” Hot Spot enthusiastically answered.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Safe House

"I can hardly upgrade a wanted criminal," Smokescreen told Repugnus. "It would raise some eyebrows, to say the least. Once you get home, though, I'll foot the bill to have you reformatted into anything you want."

He listened to the two Monsterbots debating possible ways for Repugnus to report back home. After a few moments, he held up a hand. "I'll provide you with a set of one-time pads for regular communication. You can use them to encrypt routine information into posts on one of the message boards we monitor. If you need to get the information to us more urgently than that...well, I'll leave it to the two of you how you arrange that, but please don't blow your cover unless it's an emergency. Grotusque will be your case officer while you're in the field, by the way. I figured the two of you would appreciate a chance to work together again."

Iacon Arms Hotel

"I'll put out the word," Hubcap told Hot Rod. "That's the best I can promise. Call me back in a few hours and I'll have a better idea of what's what."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Safe House

"Anything I want? Even a city?" Repugnus asked Smokescreen, grinning. In a more serious tone, Repugnus added, "Wipe my slate and get me new schytes, and we're even."

When Smokescreen offered the solution about their communications, Repugnus smiled even wider. "Not as fun as blackmailing Decepticons, but okay." turning to Grotusque, Repugnus nodded, "Yes, I would appreciate that."

Maccadams

Whirl turned to Stepper and asked, "Any idea where to go?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Safe House

Grotusque turned to Repugnus

"watch out for Venom, I understand he's so paranoid that he has someone follow him and not just anyone but a duocon so they can't be subverted because the 2 halves never agree on anything. He's in charge of Gigatrons personal security and is bound to view you with caution.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Safe House

"Watch out for Venom. Got it." Repugnus said, "The ex-Mayhem Insecticon fella, right? He has a Duocon partner, hmm?" The Monsterbot made a show of digesting the information.

"Anyone else I should watch out for? Pit, anyone else that's even there? I've been out of the loop." The Monsterbot queried.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Factory Facility A-3147:

Square Bash wandered after the other 2.

"place like this was built to last. We can get it up and running quite fast all we need is info from the past."

Fly Past trailed after him.

"The old Mark 52's I thought they'd scrapped them all, reliable machines if a little antiquated."