[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: The Whips and Scorns of Time (Kaon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Veteran's Hospital

RTransmission looked at Transcan.

""it's just a hunch I have , they'll obviously have patients that don;t return but so many of the same type, its a huge proportion of the triplechangers ever treated here. Plus all the ones who vanished were ones with normal ailments not a single one with any kind of addiction."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Polyhex Metro

"Being the only individual doesn't make you unique; it makes you a freak!" Detour retorted at Stratus angrily. "Me, I don't believe in destiny. After all, everything changes. Even if you become leader, then what? Someone'll usurp you sooner or later, and if the brainwash fails, you'll be surrounded by lots of enemies."

Foundry

Misfire pointed at the general direction of the tunnels where he came from with his good hand, while a silent Aimless worked on the other. The Targetmaster spoke, "We — that is, Acid Storm, the Predacons, Detour and myself — fought and pursued Stratus there, where he attempted to flee with a monorail. We derailed him and a massive battle ensued. We managed to damage him, but he got the better of me, Commander Jaggor."

"If you want to get there, just follow the trail." Misfire continued, pointing at the trail of leaked hydraulics, energon and other liquids that trickled from his wounds. "You should be able to track Detour from there..."

Veteran's Hospital

Blackjack noted Retro's nervousness but sighed in relief as the old medic agreed to let them take the command of the hospital. To be truthful, Blackjack was glad that a conflict did not break out... Retro was a medic — a valuable commodity — and an old Decepticon. It would be decidedly shameful to kill him.

"Disappeared?" Blackjack murmured when the medic mentioned someone called 'Lathe', but spoke no further — after all, he did not want to cause Retro to get upset just yet. Soon after that, however Retro asked about energon, and Blackjack smiled. "Actually we do, although not much." The Micromaster jerked his thumb towards a few stacks of half-empty energon cubes that a couple of Decepticons were guarding.

"We also have salvaged spare parts and medical supplies." Galestorm chipped in.

"Yes, yes." Blackjack continued, "Those are all at the disposal of you medics... just get our troops up and running. It won't do to defend this place if half of us are crippled." Out of the corner of his optics, Blackjack saw Solder approach the dead bodies, and the Micromaster paused to observe Solder before continuing to direct another question towards Retro: "Have you received a group of three mechs? A young Decepticon with an aerial alternate mode and two news reporters? They were supposed to be here megacycles ago..."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Poly Hex Metro

Stratus hovered upwards and the panel slipped back into place.

They were now in a long thin room with entrances branching off of it in fact a station on a long abandoned line of the Polyhex metro.

"It cannot fail I havestudied Mindwipes techniques assiduously, combined with my clone army and... but I have said too much."

Once the floor was solid against his feet again he transformed.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Veterans' Hospital

At the option of Energon and parts, Retro lit up, smiling, but became sullen when asked about his potential previous visitors. He rubbed his chin gently, explored the painful seal on the lube tube at one corner of his buccal cavity with his enunicator. Unconsciously, his optics strayed to the pool of spilt oil; who would have thought he could lose that much before the cap formed?

"I... met them and have repaired the damaged one," he told Blackjack.

Solder signalled to Stormfire and pointed to one of the bodies. "This one will do," he said. "Unless you have any objection?"

The chosen dead Empty was a wingless Seeker. Stormfire started, wondering whether Solder was being particularly cruel. "No objection," he replied flatly, shooting his flight-brother Galestorm a warning glance. At least he did not recognise who this unfortunate had been.

~~~

Idly examining the scanty pieces of equipment on the medical bay instrument table, Transcan looked up at Transmission and shrugged. "Mebbe they found someone else to fix 'em up?" he speculated, but he knew it was unlikely. This was, according to Retro, the only free hospital still operating in Kaon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Foundry

"You have fought well, soldier," Jaggor said to Misfire. "Now, rest and take repairs. I have an appointment with Stratus. All hail Megatron!"

A clatter from the store room brought him round, rifles raised.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Foundry

Misfire smiled weakly at Jaggor but immediately whirled at the sound of the noise. "Aimless: arm us!"

The Nebulan obediently obeyed, transforming into gun mode. Misfire's damaged left hand retracted and Aimless pegged into the hole which the wrist vacated. This was a built-in feature that Misfire seldom used, but now found useful due to his injuries. "Misfire, wait! That may be Dark Walk..."

Polyhex Metro

Detour clanged to the floor when Stratus entered the hidden room. Silently the Micromaster activated a homing beacon which would lead Acid Storm, the Predacons or Jaggor to their position.

"Wait a minute. You cloned Mindwipe?" the Micromaster asked, pretending to have misheard Stratus to goad him to revealing more of his secrets.

Veteran's Hospital

Galestorm shrugged at Stormfire, indicating that he had no idea who the now-dead Seeker was. But his glance told the other Decepticon that he was aware of Solder's possible mocking of them.

Blackjack, meanwhile, watched the interactions between them and noted it with a hint of morbid amusement. When Retro told him that he had repaired Ransack, Blackjack sighed in relief. "Thank you, doctor." with a shrug, the Micromaster asked, "Now, if you don't mind, I am going to order my troops to stand guard around the fortress. Since you know this place for a long time, perhaps you could give us some suggestions where the blind spots around this hospital are?"

"Where people could sneak in and blow this up." Galestorm clarified, whilst eyeing Solder suspiciously.

"Exactly. Also, is there any chance where I could get me a map? After all, in creating fortifications, one must know the terrain..." Blackjack continued, eyeing Retro's wound, which was visible from the Micromaster's point of view. "Are you injured, Doctor?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Veterans Hospital

Transmission shrugged

"It's not as if they have many other options and did you notice those clones that attacked us...."

Secret Hideaway

Stratus glared at the micromaster advanicing menacingly.

"Cloned Mindwipe, I would if I could, lets just say I've discovered another way of persuading people how to do things. It's crude but functional and Soundwave never even spotted it."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Secret Hideaway

Detour backed up until he hit a wall. "Oh damn. I don't suppose you'll demonstrate the brainwashing thing on me?"

Pulling out his pinprick laser guns, Detour opened fire on Stratus. The tiny beams of laser bounced off the larger transformer's armour, however, and Detour transformed into car mode, trying to slip between Stratus' legs. He knew it was futile; there was no way he could open the door they came through. But at least he could buy himself some time...
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Foundry

"Come out with your hands where we can see them!" Jaggor shouted.

"I would if I could manage to stand up!" a sharp voice shouted back.

In the store room, Dark Walk tried to shoulder one of the extinct Overbite's off, but some part of the armour had interlocked with his own borrowed body and he lacked the co-ordination needed to unhook it.

"Just get me out of this predicament..."

Jaggor passed by Misfire and Aimless, peered at the problem, and a smile cracked his heavy, dour features. "Ah, it does look like you have a problem there," he remarked. "Whatever did you want to take a body for? You have told me many times you would never even think about it."

Dark Walk glared up at his friend. "It seemed a good idea at the time..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Veterans' Hospital

Retro did not much appreciate hearing the Hospital described, however carelessly, as a 'fortress'. That was exactly what it was, designed to keep patients safe, but he could easily work out that he was going to lose the very place he had struggled so hard to maintain.

"There is an interactive holoplan in the computer," he said flatly, moving his hand from his face. "This is just a minor scrape, Blackjack, thanks."

"I'll get this junker to Medi-Three, if it's still in working order," Solder interposed.

"I'll help," Stormfire offered; he was not happy with the task, but intended to keep a close watch on Solder.

~~~

Transcan shook his head. "Notice what, 'Mission? I was too busy hanging on!"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Communications Hub #2

Reverb sidled toward the hub's entry.

"I really haven't," he told Relay. "But I'll do my best."

Polyhex Metro System

Acid Storm trudged after Detour's beacon. A part of him told him not to, that he was barely able to move, let alone fight. But that part of his mind had been shouting at him for hours now, and Acid Storm had gotten very good at ignoring it.

"I'll rest when he's dead," he muttered to himself, not even aware that he was speaking aloud, "and not a moment sooner."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Secret Hideaway

Stratus chuckled

"That would depend on what brands of oils and lubricants you use and how much tri-dee advertising you watch my friend. if you use any owned by me your system will be contaminated with trace elements that made you more susceptible to subliminal advertising and allowed the implantation of a trigger word."

He turned and looked Detour in the eye.

"If you do when I say the Moons of Xendor........."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Secret Hideaway

Unlike his comrade Road Hugger, Detour did not like to watch tri-vee. Rather, he preferred earthen shows. But it's unavoidable for a mech not to watch tri-vee in Cybertron, so the words certainly had a niggling effect. "Televisional subline imprints? Gnn... tried by the Quints on the Junkions... what?" Detour said, trying to resist.

The Micromaster dreaded the time when Rampage would catch up with them, after all that particular Predacon watch a lot of television...

"Heh. Not such a bad... idea... " Detour said, before his optics glazed over momentarily.

Veteran's Hospital

"Stormfire and Zephyr will assist you in any heavy lifting you require." Blackjack said to Retro, nodding towards the two Seekers. It would make things faster if stronger mechs were there to help, and Blackjack also wanted a pair of optics on Solder. As an afterthought, the Micromaster added, "Don't worry. I won't let this all go to waste."

Blackjack walked over to said console, and opened the holoplan, and began to discuss with Galestorm on how to effectively guard the place. Seekers and Sweeps were soon assigned to seemingly weakened areas in the hospital.

Meanwhile, Zephyr approached Solder and said coldly, "I could help you with that... body, if you want."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Secret Hideaway

Stratus chuckled and drew his axe swishing it up aiming to bring it down on th eback of Detours neck.

"I'm glad you lile it i'm quite pleased about it myself."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Secret Hideaway

The blade came down, and Detour remained motionless until the last minute, when he bolted forwards, collapsing into his car mode while doing so. He did transform a bit late, though, and the axe sliced off a chunk of his helmet, but otherwise it didn't slow the Micromaster down. He muttered, "Didn't think playing possum would work..."

The Micromaster had really pretending to be hypnotized (the words did have a little effect on him) but only to goad Stratus to sending his 'mindless minion' to do some task, where he could escape. Ah well, never thought it would work.

Grunting, Detour shot off towards Stratus' legs again, aiming to zip between them...
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Secret Hideaway

Stratus off balance from the axe swing was powerless to stop the nippy micromaster from escaping his attack. Igniting his boot thrusters he deployed the control opening the floor and hopefully dropping the micromaster onto the live rail or into the path of an incoming train.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Secret Hideaway

The floor underneath Detour gave way, a measure that Detour had not anticipated.

However, the life rail he was ready for. The Micromaster transformed to robot mode and launched a grapple line onto the wall of the tunnel, and retracted it. He then dropped, cat-like, onto the floor next to the live rail, his small size letting him stand there safely without being electrocuted. Detour aimed up and opened fire at Stratus with his pinprick lasers, trying to hit the afterburners.

Considering his state, he can't aim very well.
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Communications Hub #2

Vindicator looked over and could see that Relay and Reverb were in position. This is where things become difficult he thought to himself. He did one last check on his weapons if they failed now things wouldn't end well.

Vindicator quickly transformed into his tank mode. He floored it through cover and began driving directly at the group of Scavengers as fast as he could.

He had to draw their attention away from Relay and Reverb.

When the Scavengers were in range he began blasting away at them with his laser cannons and machine gun. As he drove across the open ground he could see that the Scavengers were stunned at the sudden attack and did not have a proper defense ready.

His surprise assault was working so far though he didn't expect it things to stay this way once the scavenger realized what was happening.

As Vindicator continued firing he hoped that anyone in the communications hub would be drawn out and that Relay and Reverb would find what they needed quickly.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Stratus considered just ignoring the micromaster however he knew too much.

Weaving he hovered downwards unsteadily. The micromasters pinprick fire and he was losing oil from dozens of tiny wounds.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Polyhex Metro

Seeing Stratus hover down towards him, instinct kicked in and Detour transformed into car mode, his sleek yellow form shooting off through the tunnel back towards where they came from.

The pinprick lasers flipped out on Detour's sides and opened fire at Stratus, aiming to slow the airborne enemy down more than damage him. Detour felt the weapons begin to overheat...
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Polyhex Metro

Stratus pursued Detour firing in front of the micromaster hoping to create a crater which would delay or halt him
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Veterans' Hospital

"Yes, thank you," Retro said to Blackjack's back, trying to sound positive. He observed the sour grimace on Stormfire's faceplate as he knelt to work out the best way to pick up the dead, mutilated Seeker and hurried over.

Solder half-bowed to Zephyr, his expression bland. "I do want..."

"Can I get a 'formport?" Retro interrupted, gushing to be helpful. "There are still some operational. I'll have to comm Widget..?"

------------------------------------------------------------------
Communications Hub #2

"Whoo..." Relay was impressed with Vindicator's charge. He grinned cheerily at Reverb; it was still hard to grasp that his Decepticon equivalent had no frontline field experience. "Stick close. Let's move it!"

With that, he skittered forwards in the shadows, keeping one optic on the fighting to make sure all the scavengers were too involved to look their way. At some point, though, one of them might click that they were being deliberately distracted.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]