[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: The Whips and Scorns of Time (Kaon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Polyhex Metro

Stratus shot back into the now clear tunnel

"This is true little one although I think you may find out the meaning sooner than I. I believe that I am Straxus and you may think me mad but I believe that I was created from another as a contingency plan as a way to protect Stratus, me , us from traitors and usurpers. I have done research and there is precedent. Now I will wreak my revenge on Megatron."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Polyhex Metro

Detour laughed, although it wasn't a sincere laugh. "Then you're an idiot, Stratus. Straxus. Whatever."

Jerking his thumb at the direction they came from, Detour remarked, "Megatron's back at Kaon, y'know? Wreaking vengeance by flying away from him... real smart, I tell you. Real smart." Detour didn't know what he could do against Stratus, as his pinprick lasers wouldn't do much damage. But he could stall for time. Or better yet, enrage him and cause him to turn back to Kaon.

The Micromaster grunted as he shifted to a more secure position with his magnetic clamps. "Funny position we're in, no? Tell you what, I'm dying to get back at you after the incident in the Tri-Vee studios." the Micromaster grunted as he tried to think of something- anything- that he could use against the enemy.

Tunnels

Misfire came online with a jolt of pain. The pale red Decepticon shooed the little mecha-bug nibbling on his broken afterburners. Misfire looked at his broken body. His wrist was broken -- thank Primus for neural pain dampeners -- his afterburners were overheated and otherwise toast, his exostructure was dented, he was aching all over and he was weaponless.

The Targetmaster was also alone. Acid Storm and the Predacons had gone ahead and chased after Stratus without him.

Misfire cursed as he painfully stood upright, and with difficulty, limped back towards the foundry. During the slow and painful journey, Misfire reflected on what he had done. How bloody useless he was. Try and do as he might, he just can't shoot straight. Some Targetmaster he was. Practice makes perfect, they say. Misfire had been practicing for millenia, but he hadn't even come close to perfect. Pit, he is only a borderly acceptable gunner!

The Decepticon gritted his teeth as he dragged himself, shame and pain wallowing inside him. Misfire briefly considered suicide, but he knew he couldn't shoot straight to end his life, and was afraid that it would cause him more pain.

He joined Megatron's Decepticons to get away from his 'comrades', Slugslinger and Triggerhappy, to have a new start. What a joke! How can he have a 'new start', when he never started being anything noteworthy in the first place? The Targetmaster walked for Primus knows how long, until he heard the sounds of gunfire. Misfire sighed as he dragged himself towards the sound of conflict, hoping to immerse himself in battle and forget about how useless he was...
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Polyhex Metro System (Stratus seems to be suffering from Villian Monologue syndrome:))

Stratus replied sarcastically

"And it would have been so much smarter to stay in Kaon and be torn apart by the Predacons and their friends. Anyway while Megatron is distracted is th eperfect time to strike. While he's off on his adventure I moved a contingent of my troops into Polyhex. It wasn't difficult I have industrial concerns all over. Let's just say some of the Hover Lorries and cargo shuttles had different cargoes to what was on their bill of lading."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Polyhex Metro System

(OOC: On the contrast, Detour seems to be playing the sarcastic hero mocking the villain. ;))

Detour scoffed. "So let's get this straight. Polyhex is overrun with a Decepticon army who just deposed Gigatron and his supporters, and you're trying to take it over with Overcharges? With slaggin' Overcharge drones? I mean, come on! I mean, the Quints thought of that years ago, for Primus' sake. At least you could be original..."

"Even if your drones take over Polyhex -- a big if, considering a big chunk of our force is stationed there -- so what? The Predacons are hunters. Doesn't matter what you do, they'll hunt you down and kill you. Oh, there's that Acid Storm fella too. You, my megalomaniac foe, killed his two only friends in the world and he's hell-bent on carving you up into little itty-bitty pieces. Master plan, indeed... you'll die in this subway, like any common mech!" The Micromaster taunted, while praying for help to arrive soon.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Polyhex Metro

Stratus flipped over to flie vertically one wing inches from the live rail.

"The Quints who took our planet away from us and it took the combined might of Autobot and Decepticons to defeat. Can't think why I might be copying them then. It doesn't really matter the drones are only a back up to the main plan. True I have had to act early but even if I die in this tunnel I have compatriots one could say brother in arms who will carry my plan out to fruition. I just need a couple of deadlines to pass and then everything will fall into place."
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Communications Hub #2

Vindicator began to make sure his guns were ready and loaded.

" Well hopefully my distraction will work and draw any scavengers out of the building. But if that fails then you guys will have to eliminate the contacts or try to get what you need with out alerting them to your presence. Either way be prepaird for a fight." Vindicator replied to Reverb

" As for my well being, It is not something you should be concerning yourself with. All you need to be concerned with is getting the parts you need and then getting them back to Communications Hub#3." He said to Relay.

Once he was certain that all he weapons were in proper condition gave one last look to make sure the Scavenger hadn't moved.

"Reverb ,Relay get into a position were you will have a good view of the entrance. When I start the attack get ready to move in and get what you need and get out."

With that Vindicator waited until he was able to see that they were in a position were they could easily get inside.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Polyhex Metro

"Ah, you stored more clones of yourselves?" Detour asked. "You mad scientists are all the same, you know? It's either clones, a mindless army, some weird new-fangled chemicals, nanobots or death-ray contraptions of some sort. Come on, man... where's the originality?"

Detour grunted as his body was flung nearly off Stratus. If it wasn't for the magnetic clamps on his hands and legs, he would've been ripped right off the jet and onto the live rail.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Communications Hub #2

Relay was, momentarily, shocked by Vindicator's brush off, but then ruefully chuckled to himself; he was not among Autobots! He took onboard the Decepticon tank's instructions and smiled reassuringly at Reverb.

"We may not be frontline 'bots, but I bet you've seen your share of action... Let's go!"

With that, he moved closer to the wall and crouched, preparing to edge into a position to await Vindicator's cue.

(ooc - I'll catch up the rest later - emergency - got to take youngest to hospital for x-rays... again!)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Polyhex Metro

Stratus rocketed forward.

"Stored Clones no. My plan is much more cunning than that part of it is rather on the boring side but the other half well......"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Polyhex Metro

"Glad to see some- uhn- originality in you then." Detour said as he shifted into a more comfortable- or safer position. "So what're you planning, exactly?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Polyhex Metro

Stratus hovered and a section of the ceiling began to slide sideways

"I expect to take over Polyhex of course I will hold it to ransom and they will be powerless to stop me they will be my slaves. I will hold power over them and their is nothing they can do about it . I will hold them to account.

He chuckled
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Polyhex Metro

"Hold Polyhex to ransom? I take that remark about you being original back... you've really gone off your rocker." Detour mocked. "How is that supposed to help you become Decepticon leader of the week?"

Detour chuckled. "Hold power over them? How do you suppose you could do that?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Polyhex Metro

Stratus chuckled

"Do you really expect me to tell you details of my plan to brainwash all your bretheren."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Polyhex Metro

"Well, considering we don't have much else in common to talk about... I'm stuck here, we can't kill each other..." Detour sighed. "You are really Straxus, then? What the Pit happened to you?"
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Veterans' Hospital

"I have been... out of the loop on such things," Solder pointed out to Blackjack. "I could autopsy one of these units, find out more...?"

The massive door suddenly gave out a double thump and, to a certain a mount of creaking (possibly indicating wear and tear to the hinges), opened outwards. Stormfire, standing nearest, stepped back a few paces and so was the first to see the nondescript medic standing there:

He was pale, a slovenly and stained white; he stood no taller than the Seeker's shoulder and was lightly built. Two stubby wings, each bearing the Decepticon purple medical symbol, stood out awkwardly from behind his arms. His feet were modified jets, although clearly not powerful enough for combat.

"Retro!" Solder exclaimed, hurrying over.

"Long time, Solder," Retro replied. "What's happened to your 'Master' this time? Something you couldn't pick up elsewhere?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Foundry

Jaggor kept firing at the Overbites until none were moving. It was cathartic - he needed some outlet for his frustration at being duped by Stratus.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Foundry

Misfire trudged on, the synapse blockers causing him to ignore the pain from his damaged left hand, his dented wings and his trashed afterburners. But he could still feel the numbness and a feeling of distant pain. He heard the gunfire subsiding, and he knew that whoever fired those shots had found their target. Oh, how Misfire envied them!

The Targetmaster stumbled around the corner, finding Jaggor and a mass of dead Overbites. The Targetmaster's azure eyes glowed with happiness at finding another Decepticon — one he knew, to boot. "Commander Jaggor!" he cried out loud. "I can show you where Stratus went... in no position to take him down but probably- you- you can...."

Aimless hovered out of his hiding spot and transformed into Nebulan mode and immediatey scampered towards his larger partner. "Misfire! That's the last time you're leaving me behind like that."

"Can it, fleshbag." Misfire's icy tone, as well as the derogatory term used for organics, caused Aimless to stop dead in his tracks. Misfire's optics narrowed. "Don't give me all that crap. There's a reason you're called Aimless, you know. You're part of the reason why we haven't taken down the enemy yet."

"Hey, hey, cool down, bro! Where's the love gone?" Aimless stammered, as he backed up from the massive metallic monster looming above him. Despite living all this while with him, Aimless never noticed how... big Misfire was. How he could crush the Nebulan if he wanted to. Meekly, Aimless squeaked as Misfire scooped him up with his good hand and shoved the Nebulan into his cockpit.

"Make yourself useful and do repairs on me." Afraid to anger his Targetmaster 'partner' anymore, Aimless set work on doing just that, all the while wondering what had gone into Misfire...

Meanwhile, Misfire turned to Jaggor, awaiting orders to be given.

Veteran's Hospital

"An autopsy? Yes, yes... you can do it if you want to-". Blackjack snapped around to attention when the door creaked, his left hand darting towards the handle of the mini-shotgun magno-clamped on his waist, while his right hand swiftly pulled out a micro-serrated steel playing card from a compartment on his wrist, but relaxed when Solder recognized the medic, who was, apparently, called Retro.

Blackjack smiled at realising the doors have been opened for them after the long wait. "His master is dead." Blackjack said flatly to Retro. "And so will anyone who defies the Decepticon cause." There was, of course, a hidden undertone that implied the same would happen to Retro if he didn't cooperate, but Blackjack's tone made the implication vague.

Blackjack smiled as he walked up to Retro, "Forgive me, where are my manners? Greetings, good medic. Thank you for opening the doors for us... I am Blackjack, de facto leader of... this." the Micromaster indicated the mass of Decepticons in the room, ferrying wounded and resources into the hospital. "Your hospital is a solid fortress, no? We would like to use it as a... fortress of sorts."

After a pause that no doubt would cause Retro to worry, Blackjack continued, "No, not as a war ground, but merely as a temporary base until Kolkular could be rebuilt. After all, many of us are injured and dying, and where else would we camp? This hospital is well-built, and my men will protect it with their lives, if it ever comes to that."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Polyhex Metro

Stratus responded

"that is what I believe and i have no evidence to the contrary. My memories before the consciousness transfer are blank."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Polyhex Metro

Detour laughed bitterly. "Blank? Consciousness transfer? Blank, you say? Well, I myself was built without the Matrix nor Vector Sigma by Thunderwing's scientists. No idea where they got my spark... but we have to forge our own destinies, Stratus. No use pretending to be someone we're not."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Polyhex Metro1

Stratus chuckled

"do not worry I plan to create a destiny of my own. Once I have brainwashed your colleagues I think I will go down in the pages of history as an individual."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Veterans' Hospital

Hearing that Corvus was dead, Retro started to speak strained condolences to Solder, but instead found himself staring at Blackjack, following each sentence - each veiled warning - with growing trepidation. To cap it all, this little cut-off wanted the Hospital...! There might be some... problems, but there might also be some advantages in agreeing...

"I'll be happy to help any injured; the building is at your command. It's mostly empty," he said. "There are currently five occupied wards with forty-two patients, and I have fifteen drones and nine medics in my team; er, eight, since Lathe disappeared."

Should he have said that? He burbled to cover up.

"We don't have much in the way of supplies. Only stores for the most basic repairs. Two theatres for placing the seriously wounded into controlled stasis. You don't... don't have Energon, do you?"

Solder, meanwhile, shaking his head, moved to appropriate one of the extinct Empties before the clean-up detail threw them all into the street.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Foundry

Jaggor, in the act of lowering his smoking rifles, heard someone approaching and remained at ready until he saw it was Misfire. He nodded at the chance to find the real Stratus, but was then forced to wait while the altercation took place with Aimless; he allowed himself to be amused by the semi-organic's reaction.

"Now that you are happily reacquainted," he said when it was over. "What's this about Stratus."

~~~

In the store room, lying beneath a pile of mangled Overbites, Dark Walk struggled to be free of the sheer physicality of being crushed.

His heaving and straining shifted two of the clone units, making them appear to rise up through the smoke.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]