[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: The Whips and Scorns of Time (Kaon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Outside of Communications Hub#2

Looking around Vindicator could see that Relay and Reverbs observations had been right, these scavengers had been thourogh. It appeared as though everthing in this building had been taken. He could only imagine that the Communications Hub would be no different. The odds of finding anything of value there were not looking good.

" I would imagine that there is a locker similar to what you speak of," He replied to Relay. " But like I said I do not know this area well so I do not know it's location or if there even is a locker to find. And even then unless this locker is well hidden or heavily secured it probably would have already been raided."

"Reverb do you know if there is a locker similar to what Relay speaks of?" He whispered to the terrified bot.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Veteran's Hospital

"Nothing there, eh? I believe we should meet this Retro." Blackjack replied to Solder. "Why haven't he opened the door?"

Turning to Galestorm and the others, Blackjack snapped, "No guns! We come here in peace. Don't startle the medics inside."

Foundry

"You okay?!" Aimless replied to Dark Walk, but didn't stop flying. Soon, he entered the inner Foundry area. (OOC- assuming it's where Jaggor is) "Jaggor?" the Nebulan squeaked.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tunnel

Stratus made a supreme effort and gained height hoping to scrape the interlopers against the tunnel roof.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Tunnel

This is one of the times when being a Micromaster is an advantage, Detour decided. When Stratus slammed them to the roof, Misfire was slammed right on the head and back, trapped between Stratus and the roof. Detour, however, was small enough so that he was merely cramped, not really damaged by the rise.

While Misfire grunted and tried to break free, Detour kept on firing into Stratus' engines.

The Micromaster tried to think of a way to improvise, some little detail that his opponent might have missed, but couldn't think of a way fast enough. With a pang of regret, he knew this part was usually done by Blackjack or Road Hugger, at times. And the heavy lifting by Hyperdrive. I miss those guys...
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tunnel

Flames sputtered from one of Stratus engine cowlings, licking dangerously clos to his passengers. The tunnel widened out as it entered Polyhex territory. Stratus turned on to his side and flew sideways although his speed was dropping imperceptibly but gradually.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Tunnels

Misfire clung desperately onto Stratus, but when he flew sideways, the Targetmaster was harshly thrown off the jet and crashed onto the walls before slumping down onto the ground, leaking oil and energon. His left hand, injured by the Overbites earlier on, was twisted at an awkward angle, and his broken left afterburner was dented.

"Misfire!" Detour cried out even as he and his erstwhile ride shot away from the Targetmaster. The Micromaster did not think too much about the larger Decepticon's predicament, though — he was in a whole world of trouble on his own. Activating magnetic clamps on his legs and hands, he clung on dear life, trying to figure out a way to hurt Stratus...
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Veterans' Hospital

"Retro will let me... us in," Solder hurried to reassure Blackjack, oh so very aware of all those armed soldiers now around him. "The building's size is deceptive; it's a warren of wards, treatment rooms and corridors inside."

For want of anything much to do in the interim, he bobbed his head servilely and edged towards the nearest Empty sprawling against one of the lobby walls.

Stormfire watched him narrowly as he disarmed his weapons. "Think his friend is much like him?" he wondered aloud.

~~~

Retro scurried along corridor after subtly-lit corridor. The Hospital often made him feel like a retrorat in some bizarre trap...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Foundry

Lifting his head, Jaggor logged and recognised the voice calling out to him. "Aimless!"

No doubt the strange semi-mechanoid would be staring at the wreckage of the chrome vat, which now blocked a lot of the area between the hole in the storage room wall and where he stood with the inert Lathe at his feet. He was about to advise proceeding with caution when he caught the sound of gunfire.

"Stand aside!" he ordered brusquely and dragged out both rifles, intending to blast the block.

~~~

Dark Walk, reeling, fluid seeping from his many wounds, made it to the storage room.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Foundry

Aimless wasted no time in ducking into an alcove when Jaggor shouted "Stand aside!" The Nebulan knew explanations could wait...

Veteran's Hospital

Blackjack looked to Solder and shrugged, "We can wait. It's not like we've got anything better to do..." ten minutes. If this Retro doesn't come in ten minutes we'll try and break down the door. the Micromaster thought silently, formulating a plan.

Looking up to Stormfire, Blackjack winced, "Considering that this hospital was built before the war, I could imagine that this Retro character might have... a few screws loose. But medics shall be medics, after all. Can't live with them, can't live without them."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Tunnels

Stratus sent a signal and what looked like a solid wall irised open and revealed the Polyhex metro system. Miraculously clear of any trains at the moment Stratus flew erratically into the underground tunnel.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Polyhex Metro System

(OOC: Do we stay here or move to the Polyhex thread?)

"Polyhex?" Detour wondered out loud. The Sports Car Patrol having worked in Polyhex previously, Detour was very familiar with the metro system. Still, the Micromaster hung on dearly for his life, the fires around Stratus licking his paintjob. "What the frag are you trying to do, psycho? This is also our territory, y'know?"
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Foundry

Jaggor opened fire. Most of the collapsed vat pretty much atomised, and a cloud of smoke and fine shrapnel expanded past where Aimless sheltered.

In the store-room, Dark Walk threw up the Overbite's arms to protect the optics and fell flat. Behind him, the pursuing Overbite units stepped into the cloud; they were temporarily blinded, their scanners confused by the unexpected chaff.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Veterans' Hospital

Stormfire grinned at Blackjack. "Sometimes don't live because of them..."

On his knees, Solder probed the Empty for signs of activity. He was a simple hover changer, but one of his anti-grav pods was missing and the scorch marks on his shoulders indicated a massive power-line failure. This was no battle damage; signs were he had fried himself with a surge-inducing drug, possibly a chromium-oxide deriviative.

No parts worth recovering...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Enroute to Communications Hub #2

"Uh...maybe," Reverb said to Vindicator. "I'm not really sure. This place isn't laid out entirely like the hub I work in, but if it was, there would be a storage locker in the commander's office. The problem is that if the office is locked well enough to keep the scavengers out...well, I don't know how we'll manage to get in either. Sir."

Tunnels

Acid Storm kept running, even though he'd lost sight of the battle several minutes ago, and could barely hear the sounds of his enemy's engines in the distance.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Foundry

Aimless transformed and squealed as Jaggor attacked. "Jaggor, Dark Walk's in one of the Overbites!" he shouted, just in case Jaggor accidentally obliterated their phantasmic comrade.

Veteran's Hospital

"It might be so," Blackjack said to Stormfire, "but without medics, none of us would be here today."

Impatiently, the Micromaster walked up to Solder and the Empty, and asked, "When will this Retro open the doors?"
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Outside of Communications Hub #2

Reverb's last remark had made it pretty clear to Vindicator that this mission would not be getting any easier.

"Well it looks like we will have to do this the hard way." he said quietly.

"Here’s the plan. I want you two to try and sneak as close to the communications hub as you can without being spotted." he gave a pause to make sure that they still followed what he was saying.

"Unfortunately I will not be able to follow you guys into the communications hub. If I tried to follow you we run a very high risk of being spotted and I cannot let you guys become targets. So while you two are getting into the hub and getting what you need I will be causing a distraction for you guys and hopefully drawing any scavengers away from the hub." he stopped again and took a look up to make sure the scavengers hadn't notice their presence.

"Do not enter the hub until you are sure that no one inside. I don't want you guys to engage the enemy unless you have no other choice. When you have what you need radio me a message and we will make a fast retreat."

"Are we clear on what has to be done?" He said to Reverb and Relay.

(OOC: what are we putting for the location right now? outside communications hub, enroute or are we at the hub?)
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

(OOC: I had the impression we had ducked inside some part of the Hub building round from the looters... heh...)

Communications Hub #2

Relay shook his head; from the little they had seen in this outer room, he guessed the scavengers had either been here more than once to help themselves or there were more of them than immediately apparent. He shared a grimace with Reverb.

"We understand. We can sneak," his whispered to Vindicator. "It's a trick a lot of communications engineers develop. Even Blaster... And we'll try our best not to be caught or killed. Will you be alright outside?"

He was genuinely concerned for the bigger 'bot.

Foundry

"What Overbites?" Jaggor roared to Aimless.

Veterans' Hospital

Solder dusted off his hands and looked directly into Blackjack's optics (being on his knees brought the medic about level...). "Please, messire, you must allow Retro some time to reach us. If he was in one of the further areas, he might be only half way here by now."

~~~

Turning a sharp corner, Retro hurried into a semi-darkened ward and, head down, stoically ignored the cubicles ranging along both sides and their semi-dismantled occupants. He could not, however, avoid thinking: they'll need fuel soon; where can I get it from?

~~~

Transcan watched Ransack, but the 'Con remained quiet if no longer off-line, optics glowing dimly.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Veteran's Hospital

Blackjack considered the matter for a while, and decided that this was an acceptable chance he could take. Replying to Solder, he said, "Fine."

"But what about this Empty? What happened to him?" Blackjack asked, frowning. Blackjack sighed and looked around the hospital. Granted, it had seen better days, he supposed.

Still, it was sturdy and seemed that it could hold their own against a seige. When Blackjack turned around he saw Zephyr and a couple of truck-mode Decepticons leading more wounded and more Decepticons in. Galestorm and Zephyr were both acting as de-facto administrators, noting down names and specialties, before passing them to Blackjack.

Foundry

Aimless shouted, "The Overbites that were chasing us! Should arrive soon..."
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Veterans' Hospital

Solder rose, kept his optics on Blackjack's. "Stasis lock failure; systems totalled; core burn-out event. He appears to have ingested a large amount of some highly-refined 'recreational' drug." He shrugged, indicating two other Empties lying nearby. "I think it will prove the same with them all."

Which, sadly, rather curtailed any option of recovering useful parts...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Foundry

The cloud of metal particles cleared enough for Jaggor to make out the foremost Overbite. Bearing in mind the warning Aimless had shouted, he hesitated until the unit brought up its weapon.

"Stay down!" he thundered and employed both rifles, terminally strafing the Overbite he could see and, from the brief yowls, several of the others behind it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Polyhex Metro System

"I have come to reclaim what is rightfully mine maybe a little earlier than intended but it will be mine."

Stratus hurtled off the tracks and flew along the platform as a train rumble by where he had been moments before.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Communications Hub #2

Reverb nodded curtly and said, "Yes, sir," although Vindicator's orders chilled him to the core. "But if there are bandits inside, what do we do? Should we fall back, or should we, uh...try to get what we need anyway?"

Unlike Relay, he wasn't really concerned for Vindicator's wellbeing -- he was too busy worrying about his own.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Veterans' Hospital

Blackjack had came to the same conclusion as Solder -- that none of the bodies could be used as spare parts. "Stupid drug-dealers." Blackjack muttered.

Blackjack turned to a couple of Decepticons behind him. "Dispose of these Empties. It's not conductive to have dead bodies around a sterile environment."

Turning back to Solder, Blackjack frowned, "Don't know any drug which could cause this sort of reaction. Any ideas, doctor? In case we encounter it?"

Foundry

Aimless watched as Jaggor opened fire on the Overbites.

Polyhex Metro System

Detour clung dearly for his life on Stratus as wind from the train whistled past him. "What, exactly, is that?" Detour asked sceptically.

Silently he broadcasted a message on shortwave to Acid Storm and the Predacons, to pinpoint their location to them. "Fate. It's a weird thing, isn't it? Never goes your way."