[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: The Whips and Scorns of Time (Kaon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Veterans' Hospital

"What- hey, you bleedin' idiot, wait!" Detour cried as Iceblink shot himself in the head, but the Micromaster was helpless to do anything but stare. Detour transformed, and shook his head at Iceblink's unnecessary death.

"Fool should've surrendered." he whispered, not to anyone in particular. The rush of battle was gone, and the cowardice set in. Detour turned around, and saw the dead and the injured all around him. Gulping, Detour slunk away to find Blackjack. Blackjack always knew what to do...

"And that's that..." Blackjack said as Blunderbore was torn apart. The Micromaster walked up next to Megatron and Vindicator, silently watching the two larger Decepticons.

The Micromaster narrowed his optics he noted Soundwave. He glanced around the room. Irontread was beyond help, while Fumarole was as good as dead if a medic didn't get to him immediately. And by this point, Blackjack had abandoned hope in the jumpy Retro.

-Two dead on ours, at least six on theirs. Not bad odds...-

"This is a last-ditch effort on the Gigatron-loyalists, it seems. They are desperate, attacking without any strategy beyond 'kill Megatron and his troops'. Hopefully, whomever we will leave in Kaon shouldn't have much problems with insurgents." Blackjack observed, not particularly aiming his words at anyone.

"Galestorm, status report." Blackjack said after a moment into a frequency.

"We have one fatality out here, with myself and two others badly injured." Galestorm responded. "The arrival of Soundwave and his troops turned the tide of battle in our favour, though. We- They- have killed at least three of the enemy."

"Hmm." Blackjack replied, and deactivated the commlink.

"Guuuuud." Irontread murmured, his deep voice barely a whisper. "Irontreaddd sleeeeeep now. Goodnightttt." The burly Decepticon was dimly aware that Soundwave was mercy-killing him, and was grateful for it. The pain was agonizing.

And Soundwave reached in, and he felt nothing. His expression was drawn into a peaceful smile.

Outside Veterans' Hospital

Heatstroke moved to cover Hightower from Razortail should the Scorponok knock-off try to strafe their position.
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

Clench walked slowly over to where Steelclash had fallen, gun at the ready in case his foe decided to get back up. "No sign he's getting back up, but I think I'd like to make sure." He hissed aloud. Clench pulled an energon grenade from subspace, pulled the pin, and chunked it into the crater.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Outside the Hospital

"Of course Soundwave" remarked Hightower and turned towardthe two decepticons coming near him Galestorm was damaged but not as bad as Heatstroke's molten form. he summarized Heatstroke should be first to be repaired and supspaced out his medical tools and said "Alright melty your up first."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Heatstroke nodded glumly at Hightower, and sat down on the ground next to the shorter Decepticon. "I'm all yours, doc."

Galestorm snorted. Evidently he did not appreciate being put in second place, but there was nothing he could do. To interfere and demand the medic to repair him first wouldn't look so good on his report, after all.
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Veteran’s Hospital

Vindicator remained quite after Megatron’s and Blackjack’s comments. He was only concerned with the fact that they had managed to defend the hospital and that there losses hadn’t been more severe.

Vindicator watched Soundwave, hopefully he would have something good to report besides that he was getting them out of Kaon. It was at this point when he glanced down at Blackjack and noticed his distasteful look towards Soundwave.

He had heard stories of the communications officer and how he was a blackmailer but had never met him in person so was unable to say if they were true or not.

Vindicator hoped these stories were only soldiers over exaggerations though he doubted he would ever be put in the situation he, did not like the idea of being blackmailed in some way.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Outside the Hospital

Hightower set to work on Heatstroke heating up his armor and reshaping with a small plasma torch of his own invention.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Outside the Hospital

The shockwaves from Thundercracker's sonic boom knocked Razortail silly, and the missiles blasted off his control surfaces sent him into a tailspin directly toward the hospital. He transformed and dug his claws into the wall, using it to slow his fall as he dizzily fired missiles at the two airborne seekers.

Ramjet dodged the missile headed his way, then chuckled. "Jeez, you don't mess around, do ya TC?"

Steelclash saw the grenade coming and tossed himself out of the crater moments before it detonated. He did his best to look like a flying corpse, but he wasn't exactly an actor by trade so he had no idea if he'd convinced anyone.

Veterans' Hospital

Slugfest tried to come to Soundwave's side as he walked away from Irondtread's corpse, but he shooed the saurian cassette away roughly with a boot to the side of the head. "Useless creature," he muttered.

Slugfest looked around dumbly before coming to the conclusion that Soundwave had been talking about him. For once, he was right.

Megatron looked down at Blackjack and gave the Micromaster a curt nod. "Good work just now," he said. "Since you're mobile, round up everyone who can move and get them to the shuttles. Vindicator, get our new triplechangers to help you transport the wounded aboard. The dead as well -- our forensics teams might be able to learn something from what's left of our enemies.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Heatstroke allowed himself to be subjected to Hightower's repairs, ignoring the pain.

Galestorm, meanwhile, ignored the fact that Hightower had picked Heatstroke over him and took aim at Razortail. He must pay, after all. The gunmetal-black Seeker opened fire with his machineguns, not really expecting to hit the scorpion from such a distance.

Veterans' Hospital

"As you wish, Lord Megatron." Blackjack told the Decepticon leader. He waved at the Decepticon civilians around that had so cowardly hidden during the battle. "Alright, all of you- wheel the injured ones out! You too, Detour." The Micromaster then limped towards the rest of the generics in the room to lead them out.

All around the room, there was a flurry of activity as the Decepticon civilians began to gather the injured and herd themselves towards the shuttles. They did not need Blackjack to repeat Megatron's orders, and moved as fast as they could before Megatron realised they had not participated in the battle.

Someone peeled Fumarole's barely-living body out of the floor and carried him out. A group of civilians pushed Misfire and Acid Storm's gurneys along. Aimless had timidly hidden inside Misfire's cockpit. Together, they began a slow trot out of the hole on the side of the hospital towards the shuttle.
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Veteran’s Hospital

“Yes, Lord.” Vindicator replied to Megatron.

He then walked over to where the triple changers were standing.
“Megatron has given us orders to help move the wounded and gather the dead bodies of our enemies for later study.” He gave a pause as he watched Blackjack start moving out the wounded.

”Seeing as how Blackjack has already started moving the wounded we will have to deal with these bodies. I’m gonna run down to the morgue and see if I can find some body bags, the last thing we need now is to clean up the mess that these corpses could make.” He said to Downdraft.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Veterans' Hospital

Hanging onto Transmission's door with his magnetics, Transcan was aware of the sudden near silence, punctuated by the oddly clear sound of one shot and then a body falling. He could see nothing from his point of view and asked the bigger mech: "What's happened?"

~~~

Stormfire stopped and Relay stopped beside him. It looked like it was over. The jet, lightly damaged only, gave Vindicator a nod, handed the gun back to the newsbot and looked abound to see if there was anything he could do to help any of the damaged.

Relay took the gun and, after a couple of astroseconds, just let it clatter to the floor. His priority now was The Story; he had to interview Megatron. He took a step forwards, paused when he realised Soundwave was present, then determinedly walked towards the Decepticon leader.

~~~

Retro, still shaking, emerged from his hiding place and stared at the mess.

~~~

In the doorway, slight enough to be overlooked, Widget watched Acid Storm pass by; he recalled that he should have taken the jet to repair, but he had been interrupted by the fighting and no one had told him what to do then.

Now, he rambled off after the retreating gurney.

If he was asked where they should go, he would reply, but it was simply not in his programming to contemplate taking control or giving advice.

~~~

"Sir," Downdraft said to Vindicator. "We are not your soldiers..."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Veterans' Hospital

Megatron was listening to his men as they got to work, and he groaned when Downdraft . "If you want to come with us, you will need to show my officers some respect. Of course, if you'd rather stay here..."

Soundwave, after grudgingly collecting Slugfest and stowing him in cassette mode, came over to Megatron's side.

"This expedition could have gone better," he said, deadpan.

"Maybe," Megatron agreed. "But it was necessary. After we laid down the law here, the other territories will fall into line more easily."

"Maybe," was Soundwave's only response. Then he changed the subject. "Where is Overkill?"

"He was injured," Megatron said. Then he indicated Retro. "That one is the local medic. He should know."

Soundwave walked away, approaching Retro. Without introducing himself he said, "Where is Overkill?"

Megatron, for his part, saw Relay coming and gave the reporter a friendly nod. "I'm glad to see you survived unscathed."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Over the Hospital:

Thundercracker: -dodging Razortail's missiles, snapping through a sharp Immelmann turn, kicking the afterburners back in- "I'm annoyed with our new 'aerospace commander'. Gotta take it out on somebody, and pseudo-Scorpy just volunteered, Ramjet." -locking onto the scrabbling triple-changer, opening fire with another salvo of missiles and fuselage-mounted vulcan cannons, building up charge for another sonic boom-
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Outside the Hospital

"Tracer? Never had a problem with him," Ramjet told Thundercracker with the aerial equivalent of a shrug. "Then again, I don't really work for him, just Astrotrain. He's miles better than that creep Spinister, though, you gotta admit..."

Below, Razortail threw himself away from the building, transforming again (from robot mode into scorpion mode) as he slammed into the ground. Thundercracker's barrage did little more than give the hospital yet another unwanted series of renovations, although a few of his bullets deflected off of the scorpion's armour without causing too much damage. He returned fire, filling the sky between himself and the seekers with plasma bolts, photon blasts and heat-seeking missiles.

"Still," Ramjet said, "I'm right with ya when it comes ta poundin' on ol' Clawful down there, TC ol' buddy."

The conehead fired a cluster bomb straight forward, detonating two missiles heading his way and still managing to sprinkle the scorpion's general area with explosives. He followed up with a volley from his laser rifles, then pulled up and made a disgusted noise when he realized he'd only mildly inconvenienced the larger Transformer.

"Seriously, what does it take ta kill this mook?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Veteran's Hospital

Transmission flicked open a screen and patched in the take form the camera drone.

"There you go Transcan, what's happening backe there."
Chip1123
Protoform

Outside the Hospital

Post by Chip1123 »

Clench watched in anticipation as the explosion occured. Steelclash's body launched upwards from the explosion, in the opposite direction of Clench. "Soundwave, my target is down. Orders?" He said strolling towards the body, looking to confirm the kill. Clench came into sight of the 'dead' soldier. Not too much damage, at least it shouldn't be enough to take him offline. Clench raised his gun, ready to fire should Steelclash be playing possum.
miked23
Protoform

Post by miked23 »

Veteran’s Hospital

Vindicator felt his temper flare when he heard Downdraft's response to the orders he had given especially considering the orders came directly from Megatron.

Though Vindicator had spotted Stormfire he did not acknowledge the seeker because he was preoccupied with Downdraft at the moment.

In this situation Vindicator would have liked nothing more than to pull rank on the triple changer and remind him of his place but after Megatron’s intervention he felt it would be a better decision to remain quiet and allow Downdraft to make the next move.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Over the Hospital:

Thundercracker: "I'd rather have Spinister over Tracer right now. At least Spinister would lead us into battle." -dodging the return fire, looping up and over, sonic charge built up, powerdiving down, launching 4 more IMREC missiles at Razortail and another massive sonic BOOM!!!!!!!-
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Shuttle

Tinker sighed as the band of Decepticons marched towards the shuttle. Despite Soundwave's earlier orders, he began pulling out medical tools in case Hightower should be overwhelmed.

Veterans' Hospital

Blackjack shooed the Decepticon refugees towards the shuttle. Blackjack winced as Fumarole's mangled body was placed on a gurney and pushed along. The Micromaster nodded, smiling, as Detour tottered up behind him. "Nice work, yellow."

"You've got to stop calling me that."

Blackjack smiled, a genuine smile. "You did good, really. It's about time you got past your cowardice-"

"Self-preservation."

"-right, self-preservation. But really, you've done just great." Blackjack said. "I'm proud of you."

Detour shrugged, but he was sporting a big grin as he trailed Blackjack. Blackjack watched as Retro scrambled off after Acid Storm's gurney. Blackjack never liked the old medic, ever since their first meeting each other some time ago. He struck Blackjack as unreliable and profiteering. But they needed every single medic they could use. "Doc, could you fix up these warriors?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Outside the Hospital

Razortail shot Thundercracker's missiles out of the sky, not so much deliberately as because he was filling the air with a ridiculous amount of flak. From his position on the ground, the sonic boom didn't do too much more than overloading his audio sensors. He responded by throwing himself forward and digging into the ground with his claws, throwing chunks of debris up into Thundercracker's fight path.

Ramjet, meanwhile, was a lot more inconvenienced by Thundercracker's attack. He found himself moving sideways for a few seconds, and had to brute-force himself back on target by firing his secondary thrusters for a few seconds.

"Dammit, TC, just shoot the bugger!"

Steelclash waited until Clench got close enough that his body would shield the rebel from the rest of Megatron's forces. Then he pushed himself up to one knee, machine gun tracking toward the other Decepticon and spitting hot lead.
Chip1123
Protoform

Outside the Hospital

Post by Chip1123 »

Clench saw movement from Steelclash, and immediately dove to his right, firing his cannon at the same time Steelclash unloaded the machine gun, bullets whizzing by the space he had just moments before occupied.