[Original RPG] Eye of the Storm: Enterprise of Great Pitch and Moment (Crystal City)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The Fortune, approaching The Fearless

"Great. See you in a bit," Doubledealer told Barricade.

Ending the transmission, he switched off the monitor and spun around in his seat to face Landmine and Waverider.

"Sorry about the wait, guys," he told them. "The past always has the craziest knack of following me around where ever I go. But hey, you learned something new, didn't ya? Now you know how to negotiate with 'Cons. And look - we now have safe passage into Crystal City with accommodations provided by The Fearless itself."

Dealer repositioned himself, gripped the steering apparatus and the guided The Fortune forward into the Crystal City Borders.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Sky Lynx

Monocole chuckled and replied to Topspin. "Ah, good comrade, you can trust me. I have eavesdropped -- inadvertedly -- on many a classified information. Simply amazing what you can overhear while lounging in a bar..."

"Ah, the Decepticon assault? You were on the frontline?" Monocole's smile grew wider. "Primus, it felt like stellar cycles ago. Pardon me if I am wrong, but it was the one where the Stunticons and Insecticons attacked Iacon so brazenly without provocation, am I correct? Did our leaders ever return the favour against the Decepticons?"

Bridge

"They're coming to Hangar Bay 17." Barricade replied to Gigatron simply.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

The Fortune, approaching The Fearless

"That's great news!" Landmine replied to Dealer. For a moment there, I thought that we were screwed and would get blown out of the skies!" Landmine turns to Waverider, who looks like he's worrying too much. "Will you relax already! We're here in one piece aren't we?"

"You relax!" Waverider shouts back. "I hate flying and would rather be in the water!"

Landmine turns back and shakes his head.

Hangar Bay 17: Sky Lynx

Springer joins in on the conversation between Monocole and Topspin. "I don't think they have and you know why? Because right now, our leaders are weak. They're all too busy with their own political agenda's and their not paying any attention to what is happening on the rest of the planet."

A blip shows up on Sky Lynx's radar, showing that a ship is approaching their position. Springer walks over to the monitor. "Looks like we're going to have some company."
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Sky Lynx

"Personally, I blame the media, not our leaders." Monocole replied to Springer. "Optimus Prime had been abducted recently. After all, the result of his disappearance has had... implications on the structure of the Autobot leadership. Even with his return, our esteemed Matrix-holder still needs time to settle in. Prowl and Red Alert have their hands full with the ISS and other corrupt snakes that pollute our hometown. Ultra Magnus is burdened with all the paperwork piling up on him. Grimlock and the Wreckers, whatever they do, are never correct in the eyes of the media. Hot Rod has that charisma, making him an idol, but until now he had not done anything to heal Iacon from all this bureaucracy..." (OOC: Remember, Monocole's not following the Iacon thread... ;) )
Chip1123
Protoform

Sky Lynx

Post by Chip1123 »

"Well..." Topspin began, "to be fair, they've had serious distractions. Prime's return party, the prison breakout/roundup that is still going on, etc. But no, to answer your question, I have not heard of a return strike. I believe the 'Cons were labeled 'rogue', and that it was not a sanctioned attack. And yes, Highbrow and myself were involved in taking on that particular attack, with the help of several allies. Not a fun time, believe me." He said in reply to Monocle.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Sky Lynx

"Of course they are rogue." Monocole said sarcastically. "If those recovering Prime's body were caught, Autobot command would label them rogue as well. It's politics. Ironically, it appears our race can only show their best characters in war."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Backstab's Quarters

Deluge nodded

"I will accompany you in case there are more devices."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Fearless, Hanger Bay 17

It wasn't hard to spot out The Fearless once the The Fortune entered Crystal City - it was rather large, after all. After receiving clearance, Doubledealer wrapped around the starcruiser, until it reached the open hangers below. As instructed, he located bay 17, slowly guided The Fortune in and lowered it down to a halt.

"All right, guys," Dealer told Landmine and Waverider. "End of the road."

Dealer stood up from the control panel and walked towards the exit of the shuttle. The side hatch folded open, extending a ramp onto the landing strip. He peered out the archway to take in his surroundings, espying Sky Lynx not far off from where he had parked.

"Hmm, looks like you guys got a welcoming committee," Dealer told Landmine
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hangar Bay 17

A group of Micromasters walked up to Dealer, Landmine and Waverider. "Welcome to the Fearless." The leader of the small group said blandly. "Lord Gigatron or one of his associates will see to you momentarily."

Backstab's Quarters

Barricade looked at Deluge and smiled. "It is good to have company who can deal with explosives." the Micromaster remarked.

The Micromaster commed Gigatron, "Master, they have landed on Hangar Bay 17."

Sky Lynx

Monocole peered out of the window and said to Sky Lynx, "Wait, my avian comrade. There appears to be a shuttle incoming here from Iacon's approximate direction..."
grimkuz
Protoform

Post by grimkuz »

in the sky

as sklylynx noticed the ship his optics couldnt tell if the ship was friendly or hostile

"springer?" asked skylynx "as commander for this mission i was wondering what we should do about the questionable incomming ship"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Sky Lynx

"Technically there are no commanders for the mission, lieutenant. Not Springer, not you, not me. None of us." Monocole said to Sky Lynx, "After all, we're not on a mission. We're just assisting Springer in making a deal with the Decepticons regarding the Imperials."

Pointing to the Fortune, Monocole said, "Although, I implore you, if that shuttle acts hostile towards us, do not hesitate to destroy it, lieutenant. After all, they did not take the gun in your mouth, no?" smiling slightly as Doubledealer disembarks, Monocole added, "It appears the Decepticons are using mercenaries..."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Sky Lynx: Hanger Bay 17

Springer's still listening to the conversation between Monocole and Topspin. "For what it's worth, I'm glad that I am out of Iacon. Iacon used to be a great place to be in, but now it's infested with politicians." Springer ponders his own thoughts for a moment. "The only positive thing about the political war in Iacon is that Hot Rod is part of it. If I ever decide to vote, he gets mine. If only because he seems to be the most trust worthy."

Hearing Sky Lynx calling him commander brings a smile upon his face. It's been a while since he had been a commander of anything, even though this isn't a sanctioned mission and he isn't a commander. "Let's not do anything just yet. I'm sure that if the ship approaching had any hostile intentions, the Decepticons would've shot it ouf ot the sky already. Keep an optic out for anythig suspicions though. Their intentions could be a ruse and who knows? Maybe they're here to drag us out of Crystal City."

Springer walks towards the exit and looks ahead at the shuttle that just landed to see who comes walking out.

Fearless, Hanger Bay 17

"Woohoo!" Landmine shouts as he gets up from his chair. "Thanks for the ride, Dealer Let's see who's out there, waiting for us." Landmine walks towards the exit of The Fortune. "Come on, ´Rider," Landmine says as he walks out of the Ship.

"I'm coming," Waverider replies as he stands up and follows Landmine. Looking over at Sky Lynx, Waverider notices Springer at the exit. "Hey Springer!" He shouts to him.

Landmine shakes his head. "Waverider, you bucket of bolts! Stop acting like a protoform! That's Springer, hero ot the Great War, former leader of the Wreckers? You don't wave at him like that!" Landmine proceeds to walk towards Sky Lynx, followed by Waverider.

Sky Lynx: Hanger Bay 17

Springer recognizes Landmine and Waverider. He looks over his shoulder to the others inside Sky Lynx. "It seems that they're friendlies. 2 Pretenders. Landmine and Waverider. I don't recognize that third mech with them. (ooc: Springer wasn't with the Wreckers at that time, right?). Monocole, you said that he's a merc. Any information on him that could be important to us?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Sky Lynx

Regarding Hot Rod getting Springer's vote, Monocole shook his head. "No. Not because he's trustworthy. It's because of his idealistic view on life. It's mostly black-and-white to him, and he's not afraid to take risks for justice. That reason is what makes warriors like us-" Monocole spread his hands, indicating everyone in the shuttle (and including the shuttle itself) "-come to a Primus-forsaken place like this."

The informant peered out of Sky Lynx as Landmine and Waverider exit behind Dealer. "Affirmative. I recognise him. Sort of. He goes by many aliases, but he is usually designated Dealer. Saw him often in the seedier bars of our beloved capital." Monocole's enigmatic expression revealed that he might know more than that...
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Sky Lynx

"Yes, that also," Springer replied to Monocole. "But I also trust Hot Rod. It seems that Hot Rod's ideals are simmilar to mine. I should have a talk with him soon."

Just before Springer walks out of Sky Lynx to greet the Autobot Pretenders, he adds: "Keep an eye out for Dealer. I don't trust bots that go by various names."

Landmine and Waverider are infront of Sky Lynx and Springer comes walking out. "So, Landmine. Waverider. What brings 2 Autobots like you here in Crystal City? Certainly it can't be for the view. That's been pretty much destroyed."

Landmine and Waverider formally salute Springer, much to Springer's own surprise. "Please, don't do that," Springer says. "I'm not a superior officer or anything. Just act normal, but again I have to as you, what brings you here?"

"Well, we heard about your trip!" Landmine replies. "We heard on the news that you're going to try and find out what you can about the Imperials in preperation of a possible war with them. Well, we want to join you!"

"And you think I am going to believe you? Just like that, with such a story?" Srpinger replies to Landmine.

"Well, I didn't want to be here," Waverider said, "but Landmine's actions gave me no choice. We're errr kind of on the wrong side of the law in Iacon."

"You're both criminals?" Springer asks.

"We're not criminals!" Landmine quickly replies. "It's just that we ran into a little trouble with Smokescreen and Prowl, but that's all been sorted out now. Well, except for Waverider hitting a security officer over the head on our way here. He's a bit of a rebel." Landmine says jokingly.

"I AM NOT!" Waverider says angry.

"Alright, alright you 2. Keep your voices down and get in. Introduce yourselfs to the rest of the crew. we're about to take off, so you made it just in time." Springer looks over at Dealer, wondering if he's planning on joing them or not.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Fearless, Hanger Bay 17

"Hey, no problem," Dealer answered Landmine. "Now, you boys run along and have fun."

He watched the Pretenders approach Sky Lynx and greet themselves, immediately noticing that Springer was watching him.

"What? I'm just the taxi driver," he told the former-Wrecker. "I'm going back to Iacon after I'm done here."

With his initial bit of business with Landmine concluded, Dealer looked away from Springer and down at the Micromasters as they approached The Fortune.

"Cool. Thanks," He answered. "You mind holding on a klik, though...."

Dealer spun on his heel to face his ship, lifting the microphone built into his arm towards his mouth.

"Voice verification: Dealer. Shields up, please."

The hatches to The Fortune then folded shut and a very faint energy bubble formed around the shuttle. Since Springer's band had been eyeing him since he arrived, Dealer had little reason to trust them. He turned back around to face his Micromaster welcoming committee.

"M'kay, I'm ready," he said.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hangar Bay 17

The lead Micromaster, Short Round, commed Gigatron, "Lord Gigatron, Dealer is ready to meet you."

Sky Lynx

As they made their way back into Sky Lynx Monocole nodded while Landmine and Waverider talked, "Greetings, good comrades. May I confirm something I overheard in Maccadams?" The informant asked, frowning. "Is it true that your Pretender unit were nearly incarcerated by Smokescreen for attacking his base? May I know the reason why you attacked?"

Pod Bay, Thunder Arrow II

Scorponok looked around the Thunder Arow slowly with interest.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fearless

Gigatron replied.

"I will join you shortly."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Hangar Bay 17: Sky Lynx

Springer gives Dealer a long good look, before closing the hatch. "Ready for take off when you are, Sky Lynx."

Meanwhile, Landmine sits down next to Monocole and Waverider takes a seat behind them. "Landmine rolls his eyes towards Monocole and says:"Hmpf. What's it to you? Are you a spy? Are you here with Springer and his friends to keep an eye on him? Are you working for Smokescreen?" Landmine crosses his arms and looks infront of him and sees Springer taking a seat aswell. "I don't like bots that don't even introduce themselves and start asking questions about business that doesn't involve them."

"I'm sorry for my partner's behaviour," Waverider says to Monocole. "Landmine doesn't like strangers. To answer your question; let's just say that some of the Pretenders aren't really fond of Smokescreen and leave it at that."
Aspiring DJ!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Sky Lynx

"I apologize for my brash manners, Landmine. My name is Monocole. I stay at Maccadams, and collect information and give them to those who would further the Autobot cause. I do it for the Autobots. Not for anyone else. For the cause. No, I am not working for Smokescreen."

Shrugging, the informant made his way into Sky Lynx's cockpit and sat down on the copilot seat.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

approaching Hangar Bay 17

Gigatron commed Barricade.

"despatch a anti electronic warfare unit to the Hangar bay and double the shifts watching the security monitors. Not just the Hangar Bay it could well be a diversion."