[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Indeed, its a pretty good licensed game, has some coop and a decent alternate ending level.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Need for Speed: Rivals for PS3 for $19 during EB Games mid-year sale.
Destruction is my specialty
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Nabbed Fallout 3: GOTY and Jojo's bizzare adventure all star battle
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Finished '30 Years Of Wrestlemania' mode, now I have to do some 'Streak' related stuff and Unverse mode stuff.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

So today I made a game system pur.... Well, not really a purchase, but a warranty redemption.

Suffice it to say that cats, water glasses, and the new 3DS don't mix well. I was able to dry it off, and I got the charging light to come on, but it wouldn't turn on at all. What I have to do now is figure out how to link the system to my Nintendo Network I.D.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Downloaded Streets of Rage 2 3D on the 3DS eShop a couple weeks ago. One of my all-time favorites, so it was a no-brainer purchase. Finished a round using Axel, and apparently unlocked 'Fists of Death' mode. Whatever that means. Still plenty to pick through on this one, since there's still 3 more characters to play through as well as a 'Relay' mode which I think means you can cycle through the 4 characters at will. Or they shuffle each level. Seems pretty cool though. And DAT SOUNDTRACK...

Also played a little Star Fox 3D, and Battlefront: Elite Squadron. Pretty sure I will finish the latter in ~4 h play time, then I will do the same with Republic Heroes. Star Fox will likely be a keeper that I will return to occasionally.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Well, Battlefront is turning out to be a real dud. The vast majority of the game has been a linear hand-holding excercise. I've literally mowed my way through most of the game by picking the 'Heavy' class for the chain gun. Super easy. Then I approach the first encounter with X1, and he hands me my ass BIG time. Like, 6 times in a row. The dodge/roll function is so laughably slow I don't have the ability to get away while he lambastes me with 7 straight boxes to drain my health bar. Talk about a difficulty spike. This one might get recycled to a used store or up on eBay in the very near future. What a let down. The story has been OK, but the X1 & X2 clones look nothing like the rest of the clones. It's surprising that no one in the story seems confused by this.

On a positive note, I finished a run of Star Fox 64 3D last night. Very enjoyable. Looking forward to trying the branching pathways on a different run!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Wandered into the local used game store today, and lo and behold I found a game I've been looking for ever since I found the sequel. The sequel being the game that introduced me to the weirdness that is Atlus games.

I speak, of course of The Legend of the Unemployed Ninja IZUNA.

Not quite as warped as the sequel, but then the game just started.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Picked up Xenoverse and Black Flag and have already invested nearly 10 hours in the former
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Virtually finished WWE 2K14, just have a few matches to win on hard and a couple of matches at Wrestlemania in the universe mode.

Also, Call Of Duty: Black Ops Declassified on Vita from eBay.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Made a bit of progress on Need For Speed: Rivals, getting to rank 10 and I think half-way in the cop career side of the game, overall about 23-24 % complete.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

One of the things I miss most about my gaming group is that, thanks to moving and work schedules, I don't get to play in RPGs anymore. Playing D&D I don't really miss much because I never really got into it. "Oh, look, we're going to delve into a dungeon full of monsters to get the ancient relic that some uber-powerful potentially dead sorcerer/dragon hid very well for probably a good reason. Again."

Okay, it was never that bad, but I just never really got into D&D. I did once destroy an entire mountain full of dwarves, but it was an accident. I misread something when I made the character, and..... Well...... Full moon madness, evil pixies, and a lit match do not a good combo make.

But that mountain range stopped blocking the view.

What I like to play is Cyberpunk. Dystopian near future is much more fun. True, you can't cast fireballs or fight dragons, but I like blowing things up.

For those who want both, there's Shadowrun. I miss FASA. But then, all I played from FASA was Battletech. Giant robots blowing things up is even more fun than just blowing things up by yourself.

Unlike Cyberpunk, Shadowrun got a release on both the SNES and the Genesis back in the day, and not too long ago, somebody did another version of it.

Shadowrun Returns: I didn't have a SNES or a Genesis back in the day(I still prefer the handheld experience. What can I say, I like the portability), so I missed Shadowrun the first time around. But this is a lot of fun. And it's on the iOS.

Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Goat Simulator was a free app of the day for Kindle, so I picked it up. It's silly! It'll be fun for at least a few hours.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Picked up a 32GB flash drive to double my storage on the Wii U (it was only $10!) and downloaded Darksiders II since it was on sale for 75% off. Sure, I've bought and finished that one before on the PS3, but it's a fave and it contains all the DLC I never had before.

I've got it running off the flash drive as of last night, and it's surprisingly smooth. No hiccups in graphics, sound, gameplay, or in-game cinematics. I wish I could have picked up a true hard drive on the cheap, but with the Wii U's USB 2.0 ports I would also need a Y-connector for the drive so it would run normally. Otherwise, I think the flash drive is a pretty cheap way to go.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I finished the Cop career story mode but I still have something like 20 events to gold before I can move on to the Racer career which I hear is a bit harder.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

After deals, gift cards, and some wheelin' and dealin', got myself a 500 GB PS4 yesterday that came with Arkham Knight (already in the bundle) and Destiny as a freebie. The system also came with a 14-day trial of PS+, and Destiny came with a 30-day trial of PS+. My buddy tells me I need to enter both codes in the PS Store at the same checkout or one won't work. Going to try that tonight.

Otherwise, the system is really good. I like the aesthetics of the case, and for being a higher powered machine, it is similar in size to my PS3 Slim. It boots up fast, loads fast, and I really enjoy the polished interface. I thought the PS3 interface was decent, but seemed a slight bit clunky at times, and slow to boot. The PS4 seems to have fixed all that. My biggest enjoyment is from the redesigned controller - I absolutely hated using the Dualshock 3. The Dualshock 4 is fantastic. The grips are sooooo much nicer, the sticks are farther apart (and concave instead of stupidly convex) and the L2/R2 triggers are finally curved out (LIKE A TRIGGER!). Simply the most comfortable controller I have used since the Gamecube.

I played Arkham Knight for about a half hour before getting tired and heading to bed, but the graphics were very nice, even though I only have a 720p LED TV. The game was enjoyable for the short time - DAT COMBAT SYSTEM! - and the Batmobile is pretty fun to drive around. The tank sections are kinda 'meh' but they don't ruin anything so I'll live with it.

Haven't tried Destiny yet, but I'll try to get to it sometime this week. I hear it's pretty fun if you like a mish-mash of FPS and grinding RPGs. For free, it's worth a shot.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I've been playing Not Harvest Moon (Story of Seasons) a lot, mainly at bedtime. It's okay. I like the chickens. Just got to the Safari Zone and I don't like their mining system. I'll decide when I've had enough mining, dammit!
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Gave up on the remaining 15ish Speed Walls for the Cop career, leaving me at about rank 45 on that end.

Currently at rank 13, I think, on the Racer career, which I'm finding to be much harder to play through. Especially when you find out that when you are wrecked or busted you lose your Speed Points which is totally different to the Cops, who get to keep theirs.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Traded a bunch of old stuff in the game collection, and picked up Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition for the PS4 and Bayonetta 2 (which also includes Bayonetta) with trade room to spare. Diablo 3 is just an upgrade from my previous PS3 version, while I've only played the demo of Bayonetta 2. Looking forward to digging into all 3.

On a side note, I've had a couple snags with my PS4 recognizing discs at times. Usually happens when we pop in a DVD, then it won't 100% shut down. Have had to unplug it a couple times to get it going again. I'm going to verify the system software is updated, and may have to give Sony a call. Bummer if I have to get a replacement already for my 10 day old system.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Mad Max steel book edition came in the mail from JB Hifi, it also included the feature film in a steelbook.

During the Big W Fathers Day sale I picked up Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, which acts as a prequel the The New Order, for half price.