[Animated[ TF:A 4th Season Online Petition

Post by optimusjamie »

Sign it!
Get Animated the Season 4 it deserves! :clap:
Mama Luigi wrote:Or, is it the bagel?
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Signed.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
nutype
Protoform

Post by nutype »

Likewise.
Bluecatcinema
Protoform

Post by Bluecatcinema »

Signed it faster then you can say "More Transformers: Animated episodes, please!"
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Because online petitions have been known to work...
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

secretcode wrote:Because online petitions have been known to work...
I'm the 7th signature?! We need more people involved or else they may not even complete the shows they promised.

I'm taking this to another forum.
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Splendid idea, go forth into the world and spread the good word around as many different boards as you can find, it's great to see such dedication.

O'course, the demands on your time may mean you have to cut back on your posting here, but I'm sure we can somehow manage.
Fairy_Princess

Post by Fairy_Princess »

secretcode wrote:Because online petitions have been known to work...
Hey it's like a Hospice, let the grieving grieve in their own way. There is 0% chance that this will work in any way but let them live in false hope.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Meh. So long as any storyline gets wrapped is it really a big deal? For every Deadwood or Carnivale that's curtailed without reason, there's an X-Files* or Red Dwarf that should have been put out of the collective misery long beforehand.

* Though to be fair that one did rally a bit whenever Duchovny was off doing whatever.

Just remember: Family Guy, Peacekeeper Wars, Serenity, Futurama... we're due a resurrection that's godawful.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

It's so cute how you assume everyone lives their life online. Like, say, network executives.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Dead Man Wade wrote:It's so cute how you assume everyone lives their life online. Like, say, network executives.
TBH, if top telly execs do spend their time trawling online fan sites for this sort of thing, they'd probably be more concerned with people who post direct links to leaked episodes that have been uploaded to YouTube ahead of broadcast (thus costing them ratings and advertising revenue) than online petitions - y'know, the sort of people who may well have played a part in the cancellation through their support of content piracy.

Am I right, Optimusjamie?
optimusjamie

Post by optimusjamie »

Cliffjumper wrote:TBH, if top telly execs do spend their time trawling online fan sites for this sort of thing, they'd probably be more concerned with people who post direct links to leaked episodes that have been uploaded to YouTube ahead of broadcast (thus costing them ratings and advertising revenue) than online petitions - y'know, the sort of people who may well have played a part in the cancellation through their support of content piracy.

Am I right, Optimusjamie?
Not sure, but a few good points. They'll be sent the petition at an unspecified point.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Careful, might crick your neck there champ.
optimusjamie

Post by optimusjamie »

Cliffjumper wrote:Careful, might crick your neck there champ.
Well, the people on TFW2005 didn't take so kindly to this. It's a repeat thread over there.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Do online petitions really work?

A very interesting look at what goes on with these things. I have to echo what Cliffy is saying here, if the "right people" were online looking around for fan reactions to the show, they would most likely be more interested in the widespread piracy of the show than a petition to keep it alive. Interestingly enough, it usually ends up being the same people who cause the problem in the first place, who so eagerly ask for it to be rectified.

Irony is something that seems to be in large supply in this fandom, much like the message board poster who acts like a total idiot, then complains about someone else offering their viewpoint.... we also get the fanboy who pirates the show lamenting its cancellation due to low ratings.
Fairy_Princess

Post by Fairy_Princess »

Ackula wrote:Do online petitions really work?

A very interesting look at what goes on with these things. I have to echo what Cliffy is saying here, if the "right people" were online looking around for fan reactions to the show, they would most likely be more interested in the widespread piracy of the show than a petition to keep it alive. Interestingly enough, it usually ends up being the same people who cause the problem in the first place, who so eagerly ask for it to be rectified.

Irony is something that seems to be in large supply in this fandom, much like the message board poster who acts like a total idiot, then complains about someone else offering their viewpoint.... we also get the fanboy who pirates the show lamenting its cancellation due to low ratings.
It's so obvious the 50 hardcore fanboys who watched the show online were the death knell for the show.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Fairy_Princess wrote:It's so obvious the 50 hardcore fanboys who watched the show online were the death knell for the show.
First of all, if you think only 50 people watched any of the leaked episodes online, you are more or less a total idiot. All you have to do is look at any torrent tracker and you will see hundreds of unique ip addresses sharing a TV show that hasn't even aired on TV yet. Alternatively you could pull up the episodes on youtube and read many of the "Omg R0xx3rz t3h soxx3rs!!1one" comments to see that there are quite a lot of intelligent TF fans who watch these episodes illegally.

Secondly, if you need me to explain to you why watching the show on your PC and not on TV when it actually airs hurts ratings, you are hopeless. The fact that CN slotted the show at a bad time was already hurting it, but by no one even tuning in to the time slot at all, the ratings are sure to have dropped.

Of course there are other factors to this, and in my opinion three seasons are par for course and we should be happy with what we got, but it would be ignorant to overlook the problem that illegal downloads of TV shows creates in regards to ratings and advertisement revenues.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

For some reason I can't cut and paste from there, but the important part is in the last paragraph- indervidually written lemails (or letters are even better, as that requires more effort on the senders part and shows the interest is genuine) will have more of a impact than a list of names. That's what got Star Trek its third (God awful) season.

However, ultimately I don't think Cartoon Network will give a toss about what the people most likely to visit a TF board think. American TV is all about demographics, it's not about how many people watch your show but how many of the right sort of people the advertisers who'll pay best for that slot are watching. The advertising in TFA is aimed at young boys. They're the ones who need to be shown to be watching for it to continue. A petition signed by 10 000 people in their mid to late twenties won't show the right sort of interest for a reprieve.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Especially if those people are already Transformers fans, and thus likely to be buying around the same amount of Transformers merchandise whether the show's running or not, less maybe a couple of DVDs.

Handwritten letters would be the way to go - not even typed or templated. That said, you'd need a huge, huge number to get it done. Plus how much longer would the thing need to run anyway considering Hasbro probably have some sort of plan to launch something new after the second film anyway.
Clay

Post by Clay »

inflatable dalek wrote:That's what got Star Trek its third (God awful) season.
True, but that god awful third season is what boosted the episode count to enough to justify syndication, thus ultimately saving the franchise. The future of transformers doesn't ride on Animated's coattails, though.

Cliffjumper wrote:Plus how much longer would the thing need to run anyway considering Hasbro probably have some sort of plan to launch something new after the second film anyway.
I dunno. I think when it began Hasbro said that Animated would run as long as it's profitable. That said, if the cartoon is indeed being canceled, some closure to the threads would be cool.