Your Latest Non-TF Toy Acquisitions

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Picked up the Marvel Infinite Death's Head earlier in the week. Very surprised I found it
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Picked up both Lego Legends Of Chima 70142 Eris’ Fire Eagle Flyer and Ultra Agents 70163 Toxikita's Toxic Meltdown while they were on discount.
Destruction is my specialty
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Old-skool, comic-styley Donatello, Michaelangelo and Raphael. Leonardo is proving inexplicably difficult to find.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Lego Legends Of Chima 70143 Sir Fangar’s Saber-tooth Walker was picked up while on discount.
I also paid off Star Wars 75051 Jedi Scout Fighter and 75055 Imperial Star Destroyer with some Christmas money I was given.
I also got a Samurai Naruto Uzumaki as part of the collector's edition Naruto game I picked up, although unfortunately, when I was trying to holster one of the Katanas he had the paint chipped of the the bottom tip of the sword.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

These for Christmas:

To go along with Super Smash Bros. Wii U & Hyrule Warriors. The in-game functionality isn't amazing by any stretch, but they do some cool things and they look really nice on the shelf!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Those aren't articulated, are they? I really do want a Link, but the $14 that Walmart wants for them is a bit much for what amounts to a statue.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I guess I'm double-posting, because I got a couple random six-inch figures in the mail today.

Batman TAS Catwoman is a spot-on rendition of the character from the 90s show, complete with a ton of accessories: her whip, a necklace to steal, some kind of futuristic binoculars and three different sets of hands. She also comes with a tiny, fully-articulated figure of her feline partner-in-crime Isis. It's far from perfect, though. She's got some very small, delicate joints, and like everything DC Collectibles produces, fragility is a serious concern. Her tiny feet make posing a bit of a chore, but thankfully they included a stand to help alleviate that. She makes for a good display piece but with all the stories I've heard of her joints snapping, I'm not going to be playing with her any time soon.

The Star Wars Black Stormtrooper, on the other hand, is one of the best six-inch figures I've seen in any line. They absolutely nailed the look (not difficult admittedly, for a stormie), and the figure has great articulation and good balance to go along with it. At first I thought it had a really huge head, but then I realized that most of the figures I've got for comparison are relatively pinheaded superhero stuff -- the helmet is about this size on-screen too. I'm really impressed with the job Hasbro did on this, and I'm definitely interested in picking up a few more figures from the line. At the very least I'd like to get a Vader and a few other types of trooper for him to command. Unfortunately the line is basically dead at retail where I live, with 200 Slave Leias and the occasional Greedo clogging the shelves wherever you look.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Warcry wrote:Those aren't articulated, are they? I really do want a Link, but the $14 that Walmart wants for them is a bit much for what amounts to a statue.
Not articulated at all. The detail is really nice for a mass produced statue, especially all the tiny little paint apps on them both. The front cloth on Zelda's dress is particularly detailed.

The $14 is really steep if you don't have the games for the functionality. I'll be getting more - the likes of Toon Link and Sheik in particular - but that's because they have game functions on the Wii U. For the normal collector without those games, I think $10 or lower would be a much easier sell.

Keep your eye open for sales though, Toys R Us will occasionally run promos on them. Just before Christmas they were 3 for $30, which isn't too bad.

And that Stormtrooper you have looks great! I really want a Vader, but much like you, Slave Leia, Greedo, Obi-Wan, and Bespin Luke aren't moving.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Playmates Enterprise D.

This is to undo a foolish act on my part; I originally got one from a museum gift shop, so the experience and the source kinda made it one of a kind thing with strong memories attached - and, of course, being a complete ****ing idiot that I was, sold it off to buy the DST Enterprise E - which turned out to be a fragile piece of junk, and later sold.

Granted, it's not the one - but considering the guy I sold the original to isn't responding to my e-mails...
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Marvel Masterpieces 1992 factory sealed tin set signed by Joe Jusko.

I loved these trading cards since forever. Joe Jusko's painted art is superb and set the bar so high that Marvel/ Sky Box's subsequent attempts at the Masterpiece line just couldn't hold a candle to these. I've had a small sample bought back in the day, but always wanted a complete set and am now very pleased to own one.
I'd also quite like the comic book version that Marvel put out, but that seems quite hard to come by on the aftermarket.

12th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver.

Bought the cheap as chips 2014 version , which is just a re-release of the 11th Doctor's screwdriver that Character put out a year or so previously. Its a really nice replica, makes noises, lights up and extends. Great fun for pratting about pretending to be a timelord :)
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

All these things I bought while they were on sale:
Mega Bloks Call of Duty Ghosts Tactical Helicopter
Mega Bloks Call Of Duty Zombies Brutus (interestingly, he's not listed on Mega Bloks official web site)
Disney Infinity 2.0 Figure - Venom
Disney Infinity 2.0 Figure - Captain America
Disney Infinity 2.0 Figure - Hawkeye
The three Disney Infinity figures can be usee in the game, either the toy box or the play-set that they correspond with.

While I will get the other two play-sets, I don't know how many of the figures I'm going to collect, but it will be just Marvel.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

DC Direct Spider Jerusalem figure
TMNT Mutations Metalhead
TMNT Mutations Slash (which seems slightly more imposing than the other figure)
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Some Figuarts...Luigi, Mario playset C and a Shocker combatman.
Sades

Post by Sades »

These aren't really toys unless you happen to be under the age of 7, anything can be a toy around then. I am thoroughly pleased that these thingers are not at all expensive.

And thus the rock collection grows, I suppose.
Attachments
IMG_0137.jpg
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

While I was at Target I picked up these three sets:
Mega Bloks Call of Duty: Landing Craft Invasion
Mega Bloks Call of Duty: Half Track Ambush
Mega Bloks Call of Duty: Icarus Troopers
the first two I ordered the week before and were ready to be picked up at the time. The other one I didn't even know of it's existence, so I picked that up just in case.

Lego The Hobbit 79015 Witch-king Battle:
I picked this set up at Toys 'R' Us because it was the only one there and because the last two Hobbit waves have been notoriously hard to find.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Star Wars: The Black Series Han Solo - The one that's the height, roughly, of FoC Grimlock, but not as imposing. It's a nice, highly articulated figure with changeable gun belt, hands, and both the Blastech DL-44 blaster pistol and the Stormtrooper rifle. What I can't figure out is this: Why is it called The Black Series? Are they aiming specifically at collectors, or what? Will there be a "White Series" with Han in his Empire Strikes back costume?

A seasonal calendar and gift store moved into the local mall, bringing with it a plethora of overpriced toys. After Christmas, everything went to 50% off, so I got:

Amy Pond- Wave 3 of the Character Options Articulated Action Figures(the others being the Tenth and Twelvth Doctors, a Genesis Dalek, and an Asylum Dalek, according to the package), only Amy and the Twelvth Doctor showed up. And I loves me some Scottish redhead, so you can guess which figure I went with.

Star Trek Classic Series Communicator from Art Asylum- I really have no clue what their suppliers are thinking(this store is usually in the mall from October until the end on January at the latest. Heck, talking to the lady who runs it, they'll be gone in a week), but they keep sending them stuff, which is automatically marked down 50% by this point! and Thursday brought them a new box of stuff that included the classic Star Trek communicator. It's neat. It goes nicely with my classic Tricorder. And they both have the same problem. The grille on the communicator is supposed to spin for some reason. It's a neat light effect on one that I've got that plugs into the computer, but on this, it does the same thing the Tricorder does when I hit the scan button: they both make this whirring, gear grinding noise. In the communicator, it's to spin the pattern in the speaker. In the Tricorder, I think it's broken.

Their Star Trek Care Package also netted me-

The Star Trek IV Klingon Bird of Prey, which is definitely not in scale with my TOS Enterprise. Also from Art Asylum, it has lots of phrases and sound effects. And sits nicely on the shelf until the cat comes along and knocks it over.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Monster High Meowlody & Purrsephone

A TRU exclusive for God knows how long, the price on these two has dropped by £10 in the current sale, so I made an impulse purchase of these two :) And they are great! Really nice colours and designs. Brilliant.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

TMNT Kraang
TMNT Shredder
TMNT Mutations Tiger Claw (as the paint apps on the Mutations figures are often inexplicably better)
Guardians of the Galaxy box set with Starlord, Drax, Groot, and Rocket
Replacement Drax figure (as the box set one had two right hands for some reason)
LEGO Batman Riddler's Whatever It Was Who Cares Hey It's Flash
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Marvel Legends: Infinite Series Marvel (R) Spider-Man (TM) Skyline Sirens Build-A-Figure Collection Green Goblin

Actually not the Green Goblin or any of that other fanciful 'BUY ME!!!!' packaging excitement, but the Black Cat (curiously unnamed), yet the figure is sold solely on the premise that no-one could give two tugs about having a Black Cat toy, and are just after the Green Goblin's torso (and the Ultimate Universe version of GB, as well, judging by the skin complaint monstrostiy these parts assemble). As if to compound this folly, I wasn't especially looking for a Black Cat toy, but the figure is BEAUTIFUL. She's a really nice rendition of the comic character, all silly '70s fur lined jump suit and curvy lady bits. Head sculpt is awesome as well! There's the usually over-egged articulation Hasbro like to cram into their 6" toys, but at least they've not gone totally bonkers with it. She's a really really great action figure and I'm really impressed! Comes with her whip accessory too. I'll have to get a picture up of her, because she's that frickin' awesome, to show her off. Packaging is cool as well, being a proper box effort, rather than a crappy blister card.
Attachments
Black Cat 005 (600x800).jpg
Black Cat 004 (600x800).jpg
Black Cat 001 (600x800).jpg
Black Cat 002 (600x800).jpg
numbat

Post by numbat »

I've not bought a non-Transformer toy for a long time, but I did get two relatively recently.

Toynami Talking Bender: I had a really tough important high level meeting with an international company as part of a multiple month process to agree a working relationship with my company. It went well but I was rattled. I went into a comic shop on the way home and in a dusty corner I saw Bender. Price tag reduced at £15 GBP. Talking. Multiple eyes. I went for it. He's now become my proxy on my desk at work. If I'm busy or having a tough day my staff must ask Bender. Very pleased with the purchase!

Figma Motoko Kusanagi SAC Version: A problem I often have with non-Transformers is that I ask 'what does it transform into?'. The answer is, generally, 'nothing'. And so I ask 'and it costs how much?!'. Well, I'm a big GITS fan (and SAC is certainly my fave interpretation), and came across the Figma Motoko, and thought this is one not to miss. Very glad I went for it - I mean wow. The articulation is utterly phenomenal, detailing perfect and selection of hands, faces, hair, boobs (yup, seriously), guns and silencers just excessive! The articulated display stand allows you to really take full advantage of all that poseability. I don't care she doesn't transform - she's very well worth £30 GBP.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.