Revenge of the Fallen OFFICIAL NEWS ONLY discussion thread

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Springer145

Post by Springer145 »

SPOILER! (select to read)
After scrolling through the first spoiler tag it's only natural to hope and pray that the 2nd spoiler tag would have contained a slightly different name...wishful thinking. That's still very cool though - I'm looking forward to it for sure

Xbox 360 gamertag: Skyfall865
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Eh, Welker's Megatron voice hasn't aged well...
snavej wrote:It's really appropriate.
Welker is extremely good at imitating all kinds of noises, as is Soundwave.
Not to mention the fact he played him back in G1...
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

thanks for the spoiler tag... I'm glad my viewing of a 25 year old cartoon won't be spolied by that.
Come on and wind me up.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

another tf fan wrote:
thanks for the spoiler tag... I'm glad my viewing of a 25 year old cartoon won't be spolied by that.
stlll a potential spoiler, however oblique. as it pertains to a new character, i'd suggest spoiler tags, just to be safe.

there are, what, like 15 or so other board members with phasers set between 'sarcasm' and 'bitch-slap', so its probably best to play it safe with the taggage.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Just to sort things: The leaked trailer can be discussed in here once it has been officially posted on Yahoo! Until then, discussion of the trailer goes in the spoiler thread.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Springer145

Post by Springer145 »

Nevermore wrote:Just to sort things: The leaked trailer can be discussed in here once it has been officially posted on Yahoo! Until then, discussion of the trailer goes in the spoiler thread.
Since the idea of sorting is such, do we really have to tag spoilers in this thread? If everyone abides by the topic then there would be nothing to hide that hasn't already been released, correct?

Xbox 360 gamertag: Skyfall865
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

movies.yahoo.com has a link that says the new Transformers: RotF trailer will be released today at 4:30 PDT.

So...looks like 2 hours from now we'll be able to see the new trailer in HD.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809943432/video
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
A.D.Rodimus

Post by A.D.Rodimus »

well i was dark about it being pushed back but................ that f&*!ken owns anything else.......oh yeah the new trailer is up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have no leg
borg72

Post by borg72 »

*waits for screengrabs so i can see everything that i'm missing thanks to choppy editing*

that said, from what i can see, it looks awesome.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Super hot Megan Fox in some Daisy Dukes on a bike! 'nuff said! Oh yeah, and lots of Transformers... :up:
starlord
Protoform

Post by starlord »

It was a great trailer but I felt sorry for that poor transformers who got suck in.
A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest of decepticons.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Pretty badass stuff. We get our first view of
alot of the Constructicons. Lots of Mixmaster. Long Haul and Rampage underwater. It looked like Rampage and an unidentified (by me) red-ish Constructicon that Bumblebee was fighting.

Also, I guess they've given up on all pretense that Megatron isn't in the thing. Still curious how he gets revived...by Long Haul of all people. Can't tell what he's doing to him underwater, but it looks like Meg's legs are reforming or something. Also, Starscream, Blackout, and Megatron kickin' the crap out of Prime...pretty sweet.

And Devestator...holy crap!
Yeah, this movie is gonna rock.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

Xeno-the-Hedgehog
Protoform

Post by Xeno-the-Hedgehog »

Brimstone wrote:Pretty badass stuff. We get our first view of
alot of the Constructicons. Lots of Mixmaster. Long Haul and Rampage underwater. It looked like Rampage and an unidentified (by me) red-ish Constructicon that Bumblebee was fighting.

Also, I guess they've given up on all pretense that Megatron isn't in the thing. Still curious how he gets revived...by Long Haul of all people. Can't tell what he's doing to him underwater, but it looks like Meg's legs are reforming or something. Also, Starscream, Blackout, and Megatron kickin' the crap out of Prime...pretty sweet.

And Devestator...holy crap!
I think the orange decepticon that Bumblebee fought was Rampage; he had the same body shape, and the treads in his claws were a dead giveaway. As for how they reconstructed megatron, I would say Rampage was responsible for excavation (given his third "jackhammer" mode), Long Haul gathered the parts (no doubt complaining about every second of it), and Mixmaster supervised the operation; does anyone else think that Megatron's tank mode and Mixmaster's artillery mode look uncanilly similar?

On a different note, what do you think the third Cycle Sister's name will be? Moonracer? Flareup? Firestar? Paradron? Road Rage? Beta? Clipper? Downshift? Vibes? Discharge? Windrazor? Flipsides? Crasher? Nightracer? Roulette? Crossblades? Override? If they call her Angela or Rozanna, I'm leaving the fandom.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Xeno-the-Hedgehog wrote:
I think the orange decepticon that Bumblebee fought was Rampage; he had the same body shape, and the treads in his claws were a dead giveaway. As for how they reconstructed megatron, I would say Rampage was responsible for excavation (given his third "jackhammer" mode), Long Haul gathered the parts (no doubt complaining about every second of it), and Mixmaster supervised the operation; does anyone else think that Megatron's tank mode and Mixmaster's artillery mode look uncanilly similar?

On a different note, what do you think the third Cycle Sister's name will be? Moonracer? Flareup? Firestar? Paradron? Road Rage? Beta? Clipper? Downshift? Vibes? Discharge? Windrazor? Flipsides? Crasher? Nightracer? Roulette? Crossblades? Override? If they call her Angela or Rozanna, I'm leaving the fandom.
agreed on rampage, you can see the flail/tread things fairly clearly.

blackout is a surprise... and who is that on the brooklyn bridge? the claw-arm thing makes it look a bit like bonecrusher from the first movie? i'm wondering, given sams 'mental meltdown', if these aren't dream sequences of some kind.

nice to see prime does indeed have two blades though. very cool.

its mudflap getting eaten, but right at the last minute he grabs hold of something

as for the bikes: Arcee, Elita-1, Chromia? unless arcee is the fabled 'combined mode'? who knows.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Holy Crap that was cool.
I think that was Mixmaster on the bridge. Devastator certainly lives up to his name. damn.
Dreadwing
Protoform

Post by Dreadwing »

WOW! Devastator looks freaking awsome! I cant wait to see the animation of the constructicons combining.

So, is "The Fallen" still a character in the movie or does the title just refer to Megs being resurected?
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

The Fallen is still in the movie. In the trailer, when Sam looks at the AllSpark piece, the face that flashes in his eye several times is The Fallen.

Also, the transformer that teleports in the desert battle in a flash of fire and smoke is The Fallen.

The prequel comic "Defiance" gives his back story and how he's connectected to Megatron and the creation of the Decepticons (their symbol is actually The Fallen's face).
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I really hope the last bike sister is either Elita 1 (no matter what RoS says) or Nightracer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Blackout: Sweet Rock'n Roll...

I like Megan Fox even more now, and Prime is just plain awesome with those nice blades.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Devastator looks to live up to his name this film round. I'm loving him more each time - and he's smeggin' massive!!!!