[Original RPG] Collapse: Descend the Shades of Night (Stanix)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Near Fort Scyk

Cyclonus was pleasantly surprised that he didn't need to tell Roadblock to start digging the somehow not dead Barrage out from the debris. He acknowledged the other Transformer with a nod, then stepped past him and looked up the hole Barrage had been investigating.

"It looks like you've cleared out a path," he said. "Squawktalk, can you check out the situation on the other side?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Near Fort Scyk

Barrage was a mess. His face was banged up, and there was no spot on his exostructure that wasn't covered in dust or dented. The gap on his side widened freely, and some energon was oozing out. His left thigh was shattered, internal circuits popping and sparking. By some insane force will, Barrage's right hand was still clutching his battered sonic cannon, and his right shoulder cannon still functioned. Barrage's left fingers spasmed erratically, and the Insecticon's right optic blinked a few times before adjusting. "R- R- Reportin-g-g for d- d- duty." he stammered, pulling the spear from the ground.

Barrage tried to magno-clamp the spear onto his waist, but the magnet had been dislodged. With a sigh, the Insecticon tried to sub-spaced it, but his subspace locker was damaged as well. Barrage had to settle for shrinking it to a collapsible size and clench it in his hand. Only pure stubborness kept him on his feet.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Near Fort Scyk

Squawktalk saluted with one wing

"no problem Cyclonus Sir, right on it."

Squawktalk flapped upwards towards the hole.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Near Fort Scyk

"Try not to die," Cyclonus told the obviously-mangled Barrage, although truth be told his voice didn't show all that much concern for the Insecticon. "More than enough Decepticons have died here as it is."

He walked over to the hole and called upwards to Squawktalk, "What do you see? Are you inside the fortress?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Near Fort Scyk

Barrage nodded numbly. As he nodded a piece of his cheeks dislodged and fell onto the ground. Barrage transformed into insect mode and rested on Roadblock's shoulder, letting the autorepair systems handle the strain.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Near Fort Scyk

Squawktalk surveyed his surroundings

"We've come out at the corner of a courtyard. I would estimate that we are now within the confines of the fortress."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Fort Scyk, Master’s Chambers

As the lord of the fortress sat lifelessly in his throne, his devoted servant, Dyrus (ooc: finally given a name), entered his master’s chamber and knelt at his side.

“My lord? My lord, please awake,” Dyrus pleaded. “The forsakeners have disappeared. I fear they plan to besiege the fortress.”

He received no response, his master sat motionlessly, his essence still lost in infraspace.

“My lord, please,” he cried, again with the same result.

At that moment, a trollish mechanoid with large, bizarrely proportioned arms entered the chambers. He offered a simple grunt to announce his presence.

“Yes, Sorge?” Dyrus said.

“Urrr..Sleep?” Sorge grunted in response.

“Yes, he does not stir,” he answered. Dyrus stood up and approached the larger mutant, placing his hand onto Sorge's hulking shoulder. “I have an ill feeling about these outsiders, but we must defend him.”

He looked sorrowfully to his master.

“Gather as many as you are able, and hurry,” said Dyrus. "I know not where the forsakeners are, but we must be ready for them."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Scyk

"We will join you on the surface," Cyclonus told Squawktalk. "Decepticons, follow me!"

The Targetmaster carefully picked his way through the heap of debris and tiny bits of Barrage's armour until he was positioned perfectly below the hole that the smaller Decepticon had traversed. Then with a quick flexing of his legs he bounded upward, leaping into the hole and reaching about half-way to the top before his momentum gave out. Then he drove the wings on his forearms deep into the rock and used them as climbing picks, pulling himself upward at the same time as he cut out hand- and footholds for those who followed him.

Once he'd finally managed to clamber to the surface, the Targetmaster looked around with a sceptical expression on his face.

"It don't look like a fortress," Nightstick (who had spent the journey clinging to Cyclonus's back like a terrified remora attached to a much larger shark) gave voice to his larger partner's thoughts.

"Indeed," Cyclonus agreed. "But then, it has been nuked twice that we know of. And if Galvatron really was here, I can only imagine what the Quintessons tried to do to root him out."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fort Scyk

Venom fluttered up

"What are the residual levels of radiation? We must be careful, anything could be lurking in these ruins."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Scyk

For once, Cyclonus took Venom's paranoid rantings seriously.

"We shouldn't be here long enough for the radiation to cause much damage," he said, "but we'll all need a decontamination cycle when we get back to Crystal City."

How exactly he planned to do that without a ship on-hand, the Targetmaster didn't say.

"As for the ruins...shoot anyone and anything that moves and isn't one of us. Better safe than sorry."
Chip1123
Protoform

Fort Scyk

Post by Chip1123 »

Roadblock made it to the top, albeit a little slower than the others due to the still unconscious bot he was carrying. He was glad Barrage had shrunk, and didn't carry his full weight, since he was on his other shoulder.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Fort Scyk

"Shoot everything that ain't us. Got it." Barrage said with glee, his deep voice randomly going into high pitches and low ones due to his injury. The Insecticon let out a curse in Cybertronian, before shifting slightly on his perch on Roadblock's shoulder.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Fort Scyk

Flywheels dragged himself up to the surface

~*~

Squawktalk hopped onto a ruined wall.

~*~

Backfire struggled as he was carried upwards and opened his optics.

He blinked as he recognised his surroundings.

"nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, Fort Scyk you took me into the Fort."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Scyk

"If you don't shut up," Cyclonus told Backfire, "I'll shoot you and leave you behind as chum for the mutants. If you can walk under your own power, I suggest you do so."

The Targetmaster started to lead his men forward, through the courtyard toward a half-broken archway that once might have qualified as a doorway.

"The Matrix is very near," he muttered, unaware that he'd spoken aloud.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Fort Scyk

Dyrus stood in the corridor between his master's chambers and the remains of the foyer when Sorge returned to report back to him, dragging a large ball and chain behind him.

"Have you gathered our people?" Dyrus inquired.

"Uhh...yuh," the oafish mutant replied. "Outsiders...." Sorge added, pointing to the entrance of the foyer.

"I thought as much," Dyrus replied. "If what I fear is true, then our saviour is in danger. Without our lord we are lost, and they seek to destroy him."

"We are...ready," Sorge struggled to say.

"Good. Then conceal yourselves," Dyrus told him. "Stay within the foyer and guard this corridor."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Fort Scyk

"Matrixxxx?" Barrage mumbled. "Oh, yes. Matrix. Which Matrix? The Autobot kind or Decepticon kind?"

Barrage's self-repair systems have stopped the internal bleeding (or whatever it is Transformers experience) but his armour and exostructure is still a big mess. Therefore, against his instincts, he stayed on Roadblock's shoulder.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Fort Scyk

"The kind," Cyclonus told Barrage, "that belongs to me."

The Targetmaster felt a rush of excitement, bordering on giddiness, as he put his intentions into words for the first time.

Before anyone had a chance to respond, Cyclonus threw open the doors to the fort with a dramatic sweep of his arms.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Fort Scyk

If Barrage was disturbed by what Cyclonus had said, he didn't show it. "Same orders still stand, right? Kill anything without the purple badges?" The Insecticon fluttered down from Roadblock's shoulder and painfully (and noisily) transformed, growing to his full height.

Technically, Barrage knew he should gun down Cyclonus for voicing his want to be a leader, but the Insecticon don't rate his chances against Cyclonus in a fair fight, much less when Cyclonus had a Targetmaster, and he in a very injured condition. Unless Cyclonus makes an overt attempt to overthrow Gigatron, Barrage won't take action.

(OOC: how many mutants are in the fort?)
Chip1123
Protoform

Fort Scyk

Post by Chip1123 »

Roadblock was taken back a bit when Cyclonus mentioned the matrix. He thought it was mostly just a myth. He felt Barrage fly off his shoulder and saw him transform nearby, but it barely registered. He watched as Cyclonus opened the door, still a little dumbfounded.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

@ Blackjack: